Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty (701 Views)

Malala Yousafzai Arrives Borno With Her Father, Meets Governor Shettima / Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour / Governor Shettima Breaks Fast With Prison Inmates, Eats With Them (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by bongolistik(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2015
According to THIS DAY, Shettima said the recent attempt by 16 members of the terror group to renounce "the murderous ideology is one key proof that an amnesty programme targeted at creating an exit window for forcefully conscripted members is capable of reducing the number of Boko Haram fighters".

Shettima's call for an amnesty programme boko haram terrorists was re-emphasised at an interactive session organised by his Special Adviser on Communications and Strategy, Mallam Isa Gusau, with selected journalists in Abuja.

He said: "Governor Kashim Shettima was misunderstood by many Nigerians when in his May 29 inaugural remarks revisited his stance on the need to apply a political solution to fighting the Boko Haram by way of granting a window to admit those willing to surrender their arms and renounce the Boko Haram ideology.

Source :http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-must-give-boko-haram-amnesty-governor-shettima.114418/

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by midolian(m): 8:57am On Jul 13, 2015
Anytime I see this guy, I see a Shekau's spokesman.

Why is it that this man has been agitating for amnesty for this heartless criminals since Buhari took over? It makes me suspect him much(God forgve me). Maybe He fears Buhari will soon win the battle against these bastards and their sponsors will be exposed. Though I understand that he may b talking as the governor of the most affected state. But I still don't see amnesty as the way out. These beasts deserve no amnesty. They have no moral justification for their killings. How can you grant amnesty to political instruments who have killed thousands of Nigerians for no good reason? If u grant them amnesty now, are you not opening another line of business for our unemployed youths? B4 u know it, another heartless group will spring up because they xpect to be treated the same way.

I think the Boko Haram group is becoming weak by the day. They no longer have the strength to fight our soldiers and that's why they've resorted to suicide bombing. Its only a matter of a lil more time. The bastards will soon be history.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by DaBullIT(m): 8:57am On Jul 13, 2015
Use of must I don't appreciate

That said,

apply a political solution to fighting the Boko Haram by way of granting a window to admit those willing to surrender their arms and renounce the Boko Haram ideology.

Operative word being those who come out to renounce the ideology

Emphasized that because some assholes said If Boko Haram is faceless who will Buhari negotiate with and why didn't he negotiate with them during Jona's tenure
Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2015
amneWHAT?
OP, you said according to THIS DAY, but your source says otherwise.
Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by okeke00(m): 9:00am On Jul 13, 2015
if you have your own money, why not give them amnesty, but as for nigeria money, lie lie. e no go happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by Emekamex(m): 9:00am On Jul 13, 2015
F(u)ck Shettima

2 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by dayo23(f): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2015
OP self no sabi english like shettima, abeg correct your topic
Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 13, 2015
The increased bombing and expansion of Boko Haram is geared towards forcing an amnesty down our throats.

Buhari has since halted any military action against the group.

Boko Haram is spreading across northern Nigeria and have become so brazen to stage a Prison break in neighbouring Niger Republic.

Buhari has also dusted up the old Chibok scam to use it to garner sentimental support in releasing boko commanders in exchange for the phantom Chibok girls.

You southern slaves no get sense at all.

I am tempted to believe that the Hausa Fulani who are the only Sub Saharan Africans to carry the Caucassian gene are by far smarter than you and thus believe that White people are smarter than blacks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by Tallesty1(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
Anytime I see this guy, I see a Shekau's spokesman.

Why is it that this man has been agitating for amnesty for this heartless criminals since Buhari took over? It makes me suspect him much(God forgve me). Maybe He fears Buhari will soon win the battle against these bastards and their sponsors will be exposed. Though I understand that he may b talking as the governor of the most affected state. But I still don't see amnesty as the way out. These beasts deserve no amnesty. They have no moral justification for their killings. How can you grant amnesty to political instruments who have killed thousands of Nigerians for no good reason? If u grant them amnesty now, are you not opening another line of business for our unemployed youths? B4 u know it, another heartless group will spring up because they xpect to be treated the same way.

I think the Boko Haram group is becoming weak by the day. They no longer have the strength to fight our soldiers and that's why they've resorted to suicide bombing. Its only a matter of a lil more time. The bastards will soon be history.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by Orunto: 10:03am On Jul 13, 2015
Bokoharams are foreigners in Nigeria, causing damages and destructions to Nigeria and to the people of Nigeria. So Nigeria has no moral obligation to grant them amnesty. Bokoharams are enemies. Nigeria has rights to destroy her enemies, catch the catchables among them and prosecute them @ TheHague. Amnesty to bokoharam, no and there is nothing Amnesty International can do about it. Bokoharam must regret their entering Nigeria without invitation. Their Sponsors must be fished out and severely punished so they don't behave silly ever again. From now on bokoharam must learn to run when Nigerians are home
Re: Governor Shettima - Nigeria Must Give Boko Haram Amnesty by francizy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
This goat should be tried and locked up already! angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lack Of Funds Halts Recruitment Into Police / Nigeria Honoured Emperor Haile Salessie I For Helping Them Defeat Biafra. / Refusal To Approve N15.37bn Loans Behind Oshiomhole’s Tirade Against Okonjo-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.