Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri (15877 Views)

Elderly Woman Joins Borno Civilian-JTF That Fights Boko Haram (photo) / Faces Of Boko Haram Terrorists Captured By Civilian JTF In Borno. Pics / Lawan Jafar: First Man To Inspire The Rise Of Civilian JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
MAIDUGURI, (Reuters) – A suicide bomber in a bus killed one member of Nigeria’s civilian joint task force (JTF) at the main checkpoint on the outskirts of the northeastern city of Maiduguri on Monday, military and JTF sources said.

There was no immediate claim for the attack but it bore the hallmarks of Islamist militant group Boko Haram. Maiduguri, the state capital of Borno, is the birthplace of the jihadi sect.

A JTF member at the scene said that after passengers had left the bus, the driver drove forward to another inspection point at the Njimtilo checkpoint in the southwest of the city where he detonated the bomb. Three civilians were injured.

Since President Muhammadu Buhari’s inauguration at the end of May, there has been a sharp rise in the number of raids and bombings across the country, especially in Borno. Attacks in neighbouring Chad, including on the capital N’Djamena, have also been on the rise.

Buhari and his regional allies are setting up the headquarters of a multinational joint task force in Chad’s capital dedicated to dealing with the six-year old insurgency. Chadian troops played a major role in pushing the group out of key Nigerian towns earlier this year.

According to monitoring by the SITE Intelligence Group, Boko Haram claimed responsibility on a Twitter feed for suicide bombings on the police headquarters in Chad’s capital in June and a recent such attack in Maiduguri.

Earlier this year, it pledged allegiance to the Islamic State, which controls territory in Syria and Iraq and is extending its influence in North Africa and Yemen.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/13/suicide-bomber-kills-civillian-jtf-in-maiduguri/

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
undecided

WHEN WILL THIS END...

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE MAN BELOW....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by nicerichard05: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
LORD HAVE MERCY

*****MODIFIED*****

I DEDICATE THE STC TO ALL GENUINE MILITARY OFFICERS WHO LOST THEIR LIFE IN THE BOKOHARAM STRUGGLE. MAY GOD BLESS THE ONCE ALIVE cry

9 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by kestolove95(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
not suprizn, its normal tin
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by jcross19: 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
MAIDUGURI, (Reuters) – A suicide bomber in a bus killed one member of Nigeria’s civilian joint task force (JTF) at the main checkpoint on the outskirts of the northeastern city of Maiduguri on Monday, military and JTF sources said.

There was no immediate claim for the attack but it bore the hallmarks of Islamist militant group Boko Haram. Maiduguri, the state capital of Borno, is the birthplace of the jihadi sect.

A JTF member at the scene said that after passengers had left the bus, the driver drove forward to another inspection point at the Njimtilo checkpoint in the southwest of the city where he detonated the bomb. Three civilians were injured.

Since President Muhammadu Buhari’s inauguration at the end of May, there has been a sharp rise in the number of raids and bombings across the country, especially in Borno. Attacks in neighbouring Chad, including on the capital N’Djamena, have also been on the rise.

Buhari and his regional allies are setting up the headquarters of a multinational joint task force in Chad’s capital dedicated to dealing with the six-year old insurgency. Chadian troops played a major role in pushing the group out of key Nigerian towns earlier this year.

According to monitoring by the SITE Intelligence Group, Boko Haram claimed responsibility on a Twitter feed for suicide bombings on the police headquarters in Chad’s capital in June and a recent such attack in Maiduguri.

Earlier this year, it pledged allegiance to the Islamic State, which controls territory in Syria and Iraq and is extending its influence in North Africa and Yemen.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/13/suicide-bomber-kills-civillian-jtf-in-maiduguri/
our president have not gotten their time for boko now.
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by pyyxxaro: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
I blame Aisha buhari for diz

Nooooo!!

I blame Patience Jonathan for this undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by docphresh(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Yet another set bite the dust. Safe Journey to the souls of the Departed.
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Burger01(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
angry
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by zuma4k(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
PERILOUS TIME WE LEAVE IN, LET'S PRAY FOR THE INNOCENT.
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
GOD
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Acidosis(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
That's what you get when you have a clueless President.

7 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by onihaxy: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
not again
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by adjoviomole(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
I don't know if I am the only one getting tired of typing RIP.....if ur tired of it too hit like cry

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Mintek: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
This I guess is Boko Haram's way of celebrating the sack of Service Chiefs.
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Dollyak(f): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
They might to start telling everyone to strip naked at a safe distance.
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Emmafrancis: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
No more GEJ to blame again. Oya baba and the APC clan work your magic. A Government built on lies and propaganda.
I see GEJ sipping his correct palmwine while reading newspaper, and mama peace cook fresh fish peppersoup.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Ola17: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
cry No day passes without news of bombs and death.
How did Nigeria get to this point?

Honestly I'd like to be optimistic that terrorism will stop in Nigeria, but looking at other countries that has been down this road, my hopes are dashed.

What is the way forward Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by swimcash(m): 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
BABA GOD SAVE UR CHILDREN
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
Oni of Haxyb I hail thee.. #notagain
onihaxy:
not again
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
President Buhari!!!!!!! Please do not slumber. This is getting rather too much.
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
Oni of Haxy! I hail thee.. #notagain
onihaxy:
not again
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by LabiaMajora(m): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bombs Don turn to norm in Nigeria....
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Dabss(m): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
And they said Jonathan was clueless. undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by kazmanbanjoko(m): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
North is a no go area for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Ayameze2015(m): 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nigeria is now top on chat with highest bomb explotion recorded
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by ZYZZA: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
The Daura President ,fura sipping, gworo chewing
Terrorist is working
We are wining the war--- buhari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by Firefire(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
RIP cry cry
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by funsho4man(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=may Almighty Allah have mercy on all
Re: Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri by AbdulAdam56(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
ZYZZA:
The Daura President ,fura sipping, gworo chewing
Terrorist is working
We are wining the war--- buhari
JUST CHECKING MY MEMORY CARD
*Buhari will die before the Election - Ayo Fayose
*Buhari is brain dead - Mama Peace
*If APC survives till October 2014, call me a bastard.- Doyin Okupe
*Mark my words, It will not happen for Buhari to rule Nigeria. - Doyin Okupe.
*If APC wins, I will go on exile. - Bode George.
*Buhari can never win in Yorubaland. - Gani Adams.
*Jonathan will shock APC with defeat. - FFK
*If Jonathan loses, we would set Nigeria on fire. - Asari Dokubo.
*We instigated the 6 weeks postponement so that Jonathan can win. - Fasehun
*I will deliver 1 million votes to Jonathan in Ondo state. - Mimiko
*We shall deliver the South West votes to Jonathan. - Afenifere
*Tinubu is no longer a force in the South West. - Yinka Odumakin.
*Buhari at 70 wears diapers like my mother. - Fayose
*Jonathan already has Lagos votes. - Musiliu..
When God says YES nobody can say NO including all those "Paid prophets that said the GATE of HELL would be opened" #GodWin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs / Jonathan Showed No Political Will In Fight Against Boko Haram – US Envoy / Anxiety Over Buhari’s Failure To Name Cabinet Three Weeks After Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.