Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon (1603 Views)

Check Out My New Android Math Game / How Can I Publicize My New Android App? / My First App Come Will Be Out Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by nollyj: 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
I will use this thread to update the work in progress of different android apps I am working on. I focus on Education Apps as such, most of the apps I am working on will be Education related.

The apps are as follow

1. Classic English
This will be a study companion when it comes to learning English Language. It covers WAEC and JAMB syllabus. The topics include

English Grammar

Letter Writing

English Idioms

Figures of Speech

Essay Writing

Comprehension (Reading and Oral)

English Listening

Oral English

Pronunciation

This will be a must have android app for students interested in English language.

2. Photo Maths Classic

This is a simple but complex android application that lets you use your mobile camera to take a picture of a Math equation and the app will solve the Math equation for you in a simple step by step that makes understanding Maths easy and fun.

3 Classic Chemistry

I developed a chemistry application that has close to 500,000 downloads. This new app will bow your mind if you like chemistry.

3D Organ and Anatomy

This will be a special android app that will teach you about internal human systems in 3 dimensional. This app is target to biology lovers and students of college of medicine.

More post will be coming you way on how far I have gone. Feel free to ask any question you may have.

1 Like

Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by adegwurulez(m): 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
You're still working on them and one already has 500k downloads?
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by nollyj: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
adegwurulez:
You're still working on them and one already has 500k downloads?

I said the previous chemistry app I developed has close to 500K download in Google Play. see link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toscanyacademy.completechemistry&hl=en
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by adegwurulez(m): 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
nollyj:

I said the previous chemistry app I developed has close to 500K download in Google Play. see link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toscanyacademy.completechemistry&hl=en
K. Wil download later...
Cc: philcz
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by chybykee(m): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
Okay.....
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by FincoApps(m): 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
niceeeeeeeeeee
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by applord: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
nollyj:
I will use this thread to update the work in progress of different android apps I am working on. I focus on Education Apps as such, most of the apps I am working on will be Education related.

The apps are as follow

1. Classic English
This will be a study companion when it comes to learning English Language. It covers WAEC and JAMB syllabus. The topics include

English Grammar

Letter Writing

English Idioms

Figures of Speech

Essay Writing

Comprehension (Reading and Oral)

English Listening

Oral English

Pronunciation

This will be a must have android app for students interested in English language.

2. Photo Maths Classic

This is a simple but complex android application that lets you use your mobile camera to take a picture of a Math equation and the app will solve the Math equation for you in a simple step by step that makes understanding Maths easy and fun.

3 Classic Chemistry

I developed a chemistry application that has close to 500,000 downloads. This new app will bow your mind if you like chemistry.

3D Organ and Anatomy

This will be a special android app that will teach you about internal human systems in 3 dimensional. This app is target to biology lovers and students of college of medicine.

More post will be coming you way on how far I have gone. Feel free to ask any question you may have.

Keep up the Good job.
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by henryobinna(m): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
cool,
when released don't forget to inform us NLers I'll personally give a review of the maths app on my blog after download and testing it.
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by Irelokeh(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2015
Wow nice work
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
@op, dont forget I am a medical doctor and so i will naturally want to see what you do with the anatomy one. . . .i might recommend it for some medical students
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by nollyj: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
dhtml18:
@op, dont forget I am a medical doctor and so i will naturally want to see what you do with the anatomy one. . . .i might recommend it for some medical students

That will be great. I am still working on the 3D models. I will keep you posted.
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by Stconvict(m): 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
nollyj:

2. Photo Maths Classic
I'm particularly interested in how you will accomplish the Photo Maths app.
I bet you'd have a lenghtier deadline for this one (3 to 10 years maybe) cause you will have to find a voluminous textbook in Computer Vision and OCR and assimilate all the maths in it plus finally implementing your concept in code.
There is this weird perception that people have about computers being able to understand images the way we see them. They don't. In fact they don't understand anything. They are only given sophisticated instructions to act like they understand (ongoing research in AI) and CV is one of the aspects that deal with this. Damn, it is f**king hard to get a computer to recognise a human shape not to talk of the incredibly large library of irregular handwritings from different users (kudos Samsung!). The complexity adds up when you have to deal with superscripts, subscripts and other crazy mathematical sets.
I'm not discouraging you here, but I think you need to do more research on this subject before making any promise.
Anyway, 500k downloads is an amazing feat, and I'm hoping to beta test your Biology app.
Happy coding!
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by nollyj: 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
Stconvict:

I'm particularly interested in how you will accomplish the Photo Maths app.
I bet you'd have a lenghtier deadline for this one (3 to 10 years maybe) cause you will have to find a voluminous textbook in Computer Vision and OCR and assimilate all the maths in it plus finally implementing your concept in code.
There is this weird perception that people have about computers being able to understand images the way we see them. They don't. In fact they don't understand anything. They are only given sophisticated instructions to act like they understand (ongoing research in AI) and CV is one of the aspects that deal with this. Damn, it is f**king hard to get a computer to recognise a human shape not to talk of the incredibly large library of irregular handwritings from different users (kudos Samsung!). The complexity adds up when you have to deal with superscripts, subscripts and other crazy mathematical sets.
I'm not discouraging you here, but I think you need to do more research on this subject before making any promise.
Anyway, 500k downloads is an amazing feat, and I'm hoping to beta test your Biology app.
Happy coding!

I know the Photomath app is not as simple as it may sound but for me I focus on building apps that I know will bring in at least 100,000 downloads in first 4 to 6 months. The time does not matter so much because I am not on a deadline to finish the PhotoMath and if I have need to out-source task intensive part of the project then I will definitely do so. I have a background knowledge in OCR and I will see how far I will go with the app.

I have released the Complete English App and this is the link (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inducesmile.com.completeenglishclassic). Although I have lot of negative feedback about the UI. I will update it in my next release. The App is getting 100 downloads per day in its first week and I hope it will continue to grow.

I will release the Complete Chemistry Android App early next month. I am currently working on it. Thereafter, the Biology Anatomy app will follow suite.

I will definitely keep you posted about the Biology App and I hope it will go well.

@Stconvict, it seems you are good with Graphics - I am looking for a graphics design (UI design) I will work with. Just send me PM if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by JackOfAllTrades: 12:51am On Aug 23, 2015
I like results smiley
Re: My 4 New Android Apps Coming Out Soon by Stconvict(m): 12:55am On Aug 23, 2015
nollyj:

@Stconvict, it seems you are good with Graphics - I am looking for a graphics design (UI design) I will work with. Just send me PM if you are interested.
Yeah. I'm a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy when it comes to Computer Graphics and stuffs. These days, however, I've focused my strength towards game and graphics programming.
But I think if you have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, you can download this YouTube video on material design (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjeWHbsAMlU ) and easily grasp how the Android GUI designs are made albeit you need to understand how layer works in these softwares.

(1) (Reply)

Heur:trojan.script.iframer On WAEC Official Website / Where To Learn Software Development And Engineering In Abuja On Part Time / Programmers Share Your Job Interview Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.