Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business (60496 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you / Detailed Requirements Of Starting Filling Station Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Hasanenergy: 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
LPG Full Skid System with double/Single pump and with 1/2/3.. electronical filling scale with good quality equipments
Storage tank;
-Accessories: Rotogauge level gauge, Relief valves, Thermometer, manometer, ball valves, cooling and fire fighting spring system etc...
Scales/ Dispenser:
Electronical/Mecanism control unit, Can record sales info (As word document), Siemens control unit, high sensitive,etc..
Exproof control unit;Ex-lighting, Ex-gas detector, ex-control panel, Ex-emergency button...
For more Info. Please cntc whtapp +90 554 924 21 42 Manufacturing in Turkey

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by latade: 11:39am On Sep 19, 2018
Morning, pls am interested in starting the gas refilling business using a rented shop, kindly help in the requirements and the permits required? Also insurance if needed.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by laudate: 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2019
johnstin:
This is to inform new LPG investors that we will cease to commence work on new orders from December 21 till the end of the year.

We will resume work fully on January 3rd, 2016.

Thank you
Are you accepting new orders now? wink
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Wretch32: 11:11am On Mar 19, 2019
I have a number of locations in 5 filling stations willing to lease space for lpg plant currently available in very viable locations with no competition

Lagos only
1. Alakuko area
2. Iyana isashi (very excellent location)

Send a pm if interested

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by sonety2k(m): 2:24am On Jun 09, 2019
cool
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Estrada(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
johnstin:
Serious investors can call me on 07012617913.

I want to all LPG skid and plant owners to take safety seriously and desist from practices that can lead to disastrous situations.

DPR appears to be "relaxed"at the moment which is why lpg skids (especially the 2.5 Ton tank) are being mounted everywhere without much opposition from the regulatory agency.
Make no mistake, the proliferation of LPG skids is not being checked to allow the LPG industry to grow.

However, DPR will be forced to act and shut down many of such skids sited inappropriately if disasters occur. It is our prayer that this doesn't happen.

Please keep all sources of ignition away from your pressure vessel and filling gantry.

Meanwhile, I know most gas station owners are eagarly anticipating the december boom period.
Truth be told, I can't wait for the period to arrive as well because of the fast sales of gas we will record then.

The major prayer is that we shouldn't experience scarcity of lpg during the festive season.

Hello.
Your number isn't connecting. Kindly contact me at holatra@yahoo.com so we can communicate as regards this business.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by liondisciple: 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
PLease do you still have any of these available?
Wretch32:
I have a number of locations in 5 filling stations willing to lease space for lpg plant currently available in very viable locations with no competition

Lagos only
1. Alakuko area
2. Iyana isashi (very excellent location)

Send a pm if interested
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Wretch32: 4:46am On Aug 10, 2019
No sir
liondisciple:
PLease do you still have any of these available?
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by liondisciple: 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2019
Thanks
Wretch32:
No sir
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by freddaboh(m): 2:08am On Aug 12, 2019
Rooneyboy:
@ poster , do u know people that are SERIOUSLY READY to invest in this business BIG TIME,

cos i for one dont believe in mushroom businesses , hence my desire to do a joint bizz with

like minds.

pls sir , if you know someone or group of persons that aren't troublesome and ready to do

a collabo (in this field), irrespective of the location pls do let me know.

i'm very ready to do a joint business

If you are still interested in this business we can discuss more. Contact me on freddaboh@gmail.com
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2020
Factory-fitted Problems in the new Federal Government Marketer LPG (Cooking Gas) Cylinder Ownership Policy

Nothing can interrupt the elaborate jubilation and celebration that will erupt in the camps of marketers of alternative cooking fuels like charcoal, firewood and kerosene, if the Federal Government makes the awful mistake of implementing the new marketer cylinder ownership policy exactly the way it is presently structured.

It will be very unfortunate, in all honesty, for a government that has been severally commended- most deservedly, for its sublime interventions which have translated to the growth in the country’s LPG consumption from a paltry 50,000MT per annum in 2007 to an impressive 850,000MT per annum in 2019, to embark on a program that will easily abort its aspiration to increase the annul LPG consumption in Nigeria to 5,000,000MT by 2025.

The new policy which allows LPG users/consumers in Nigeria to pay only for the gas content of LPG cylinders exclusively owned by LPG Marketers, is fraught with some problems that threaten to erode the gains made in the LPG Industry from 2007 to date.

Heavy Burden on the back of the ‘carmel’ of LPG Retailers/Marketers

Under the new Micro Distribution Center dispensation, LPG Cylinders will be entirely owned by LPG retailers/marketers and not LPG users/consumers.

This means that an LPG retailer/marketer that has 300 customers (please note that most LPG users have two cylinders) will purchase at least 300 cylinders. At the rate of N10,000 per 12.5KG cylinder, the LPG retailer/marketer needs to cough out N3,000,000 to purchase the cylinders.

Even if the payment is in installments, where will a struggling LPG retailer get this huge sum of money from?

Another problem that will arise is that some LPG users will not return to the LPG retailer who initially loaned them their cylinder for subsequent cylinder exchange, citing reasons such as the gas didn’t last to their expectation.

Some LPG users will relocate without informing the LPG retailer, taking the retailers’ cylinder(s) along with them to their new location.

A few unscrupulous LPG users with dubious intentions will give out fake addresses to LPG retailers/marketers.

The factory-fitted challenges LPG retailers/marketers will have to contend with, are as follows:

• LPG Retailers/Marketers will have to verify the addresses of all their customers, which will consume a lot of time, energy and money and is a disincentive to the business

• LPG Retailers/Marketers will have to source for the money to replace the cylinders that are not returned by their customers

• LPG Retailers/Marketers will spend a lot of time, money, undergo stress and can even be attacked, while trying to retrieve their cylinders from recalcitrant customers

• LPG Retailers/Marketers will be responsible for the repairs and replacement of damaged cylinders

• LPG Retailers/Marketers will be responsible for the periodic re-certification of LPG Cylinders

Decrease in the overall LPG Consumption in the country

This may be unbelievable to the rich, which make up less than 5% of the Nigerian population: many owners of the 12.5KG capacity LPG cylinder can only afford to refill 1KG, 1.5KG and 2KG in their cylinders, most of the time.

Many owners of 3KG,5KG and 6KG cylinders refill as low as 0.25KG, 0.4KG and 0.8KG, due to the prevailing unfavorable economic situation in the country.

Since the 3KG LPG cylinder is the most commonly used in the country, this category of LPG users will be ‘stranded’ when they can’t afford to pay for 3KG of gas via the cylinder exchange program.
The only alternative left for them is to return to alternative sources of cooking fuel like kerosene, firewood and charcoal.

Now, if two million people refill 1KG of gas each, that translates to 2,000,000KG.
2,000,000KG of LPG is equal to 2000 Metric Tons.
The shortfall of 2000 Metric Tons is a huge loss to the government in revenue, to the environment via environmental pollution and degradation, and to the national economy.

Rise in the retail price of LPG (Cooking Gas)

The LPG Retailers/Marketers that have invested their money to purchase LPG cylinders to loan to their customers are expected to recoup their investment one way or the other.

The most attractive way is to recover it through the sale of LPG to the same customers; which will invariably lead to an increase in the retail price of the product.

Other associated costs such as the cost of replacing damaged valves etc. and the re-certification of LPG cylinders will have to be passed on to the LPG consumer.
The increase in the retail price of LPG will apparently undermine its competitiveness with other alternative cooking fuels.

https://www.niglpgas.com/Blogdetails.aspx?BlogId=5

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:30am On Apr 09, 2020
3 Valid Reasons why your Cooking Gas does not Last Long

“Hey Gasman, the gas you people filled for me didn’t last at all. You people just filled nonsense for me. It seems you just pumped ordinary air into my cylinder. Gas refilling is a ‘dark’ and shady process that nobody except the gasman knows what’s happening! My 6kg gas refill normally lasts for two months, but the last one I refilled here lasted for just two weeks and three days. This is unacceptable, unimaginable, unpalatable, unbecoming, unbelievable, unsavory, unreasonable, uncomplimentary, unpatriotic…………………”

These kinds of statements and many more, made by dissatisfied LPG users who have automatically heaped the blame of their cooking gas that got exhausted before the expected time on their gasman/woman, have become the norm in the retail segment of the LPG industry in Nigeria.
While some unscrupulous LPG plants and retailers are particularly notorious for under-dispensing LPG to their customers, some other factors might be responsible for the fast depletion of your cooking gas.

Undetected Leakage in your Gas System

Since the odorant that makes one to perceive the smell of cooking gas(LPG) is not added to it in every production run, it’s very possible for gas to be escaping gradually from your cylinder’s valve and its perimeter, without you knowing.
Leaking can equally occur on the body of your cylinder at any of the welded areas.
Your gas regulator itself might have cracked, paving way for gas to escape; the same problem can occur on your gas hose, which might have cracked.

Gas(LPG) might also be escaping gradually from the loose or damaged clips fixed at the regulator and gas cooker ends.
The leakage of cooking gas from one or more of these areas will most definitely not make your gas for the expected time frame.
To ascertain leakage, apply soapy water on the mentioned areas. The formation of bubbles indicates leakage.

Composition of the LPG

LPG (Cooking Gas) is a mixture of propane and butane, which are ‘honorable’ members of the light hydrocarbon gases.
Propane has a major advantage over butane in that it produces more heat and is more efficient in combustion. What this implies is that the LPG of a production volume that has a higher percentage of propane will cook meals faster and last longer than the LPG of a production volume that has a lower percentage of propane.

It should be known that the ratio of propane-butane in the cooking gas(LPG) supplied to LPG depots and plants is not constant, but varies from time to time, according to the composition decided and produced at the LPG production plant.
In essence, the propane-butane ratio in the cooking gas (LPG) you purchase today will be different from the one you will buy at a later date.

Short-filling at the Gas Station

Some gas stations have manipulated their LPG dispensers to under-dispense to their unsuspecting customers. For instance, when 1kg is inputed into the dispenser, it actually dispenses 0.85kg. That means if 12.5kg is bought, what you will actually get is 10.65kg.
Some LPG retailers and stations using either scales or dispensers are also fond of confusing their unenlightened customers during the process of refilling their cylinders with the intention of short-changing them.
Apparently, a cooking gas cylinder that is not accurately filled will not last up to the expectation of the LPG user.

https://www.niglpgas.com/Blogdetails.aspx?BlogId=8

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
Final Warning to Users of 12.5kg Camp Gas Cylinder

Although I’m yet to set my blessed eyes on the updated list of the top 10 most horrific ways to kick the bucket, I have no atom of doubt in my mind that cooking directly on a fully filled 12.5kg camp gas cylinder, features prominently on the scary list.

The highly sagacious officials of the Standards Organization of Nigeria(SON), after deliberating extensively on the danger the inappropriate use of 12.5kg camp gas cylinder poses to the precious lives of the good people of Nigeria, made the right decision to outrightly prohibit it in the country.

Now, what constitutes the appropriate use of 12.5kg camp gas cylinder?

Fitting a gas regulator onto the valve of the cylinder and connecting it with an LPG hose or mild steel pipe to the gas cooker, is the appropriate use of 12.5kg camp gas cylinder.

Why is cooking directly on a fully filled 12.5kg camp gas cylinder very dangerous?

The 12.5kg camp gas cylinder is not equipped with a pressure relief valve, unlike a typical standard 12.5kg cylinder that is normally piped to the gas cooker.
What the pressure relief valve does is to relieve the pressure of gas in the cylinder when it approaches the cylinder’s maximum design pressure.
The implication of the absence of a pressure relief valve is that when the pressure of the gas inside the 12.5kg camp gas cylinder builds up beyond the maximum design pressure of the cylinder, it explodes.
At this juncture, it should be stated that an increase in the ambient temperature brought about by cooking directly on the filled 12.5kg camp gas causes a corresponding increase in the vapor pressure of the gas, which if sustained, eventually results in an explosion.
Another piece of relevant information is that the higher the quantity of gas in a cylinder, the higher the vapor pressure in that cylinder.
What this implies is that a 12.5kg camp gas cylinder filled with just 6kg of gas has a lower vapor pressure, and is consequently safer than a fully filled 12.5kg camp gas cylinder with a higher vapor pressure.
In addition, the likelihood of explosion rises exponentially in cases involving fake/substandard cylinders that have actual design pressures lower than their stated figures.

Conclusion

If you have decided to minimize to the barest minimum, your chances of ‘crossing over to the other side’ in explosive style, desist from cooking directly on a 12.5kg camp gas cylinder filled with LPG in excess of 7.5kg.

A word is enough for the cerebral.

https://www.niglpgas.com/Blogdetails.aspx?BlogId=7

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2020
8 Powerful Tips to make your Cooking Gas Last Longer

• Arrange all your cooking utensils, aids and food stuffs close-by prior to the commencement of the cooking.
For instance, when you are cooking beans, blend the chili pepper paste you will use to complete the meal and make it available within the cooking area before you start cooking the beans. Immediately the meal becomes soft enough to your satisfaction, add the chili pepper paste to the beans at once. Don’t allow the pot to get cold before pouring in the chili pepper paste to avoid wasting energy (cooking gas)

• Turn down the flame immediately your meal starts to boil to avoid wasting energy(cooking gas)
• Make sure your pot is properly covered with its lid to avoid heat loss
• Ensure the surfaces of your burner and pot are very clean and free from food residues or particles
• Ascertain that there’s no leakage in your gas system
• Desist from adding too much water to the meal you are preparing
• If possible, avoid using pots that are too big and larger than the circumference of your burner
• Make use of pressure pots because it conserves energy (cooking gas) by reducing the amount of time required to prepare a meal using a conventional cooking pot

https://www.niglpgas.com/Blogdetails.aspx?BlogId=9

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Ade4all080(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
Good evening please I need the total rundown cost of all registration for 5tons cylinder in Lagos and Ogun state.

Also total cost for dual 2.5 ton cylinder and installation with all accessories.

Please reply ASAP
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by itubaba001: 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2020
mini gas station are springing up across lagos and ogun. can we have 1ton lpg.tanks for this purpose and what is the cost.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Odewumijoshua: 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
Will I get DPR approval for a 2.5 tons lpg tank on a half plot of land at Okoafo along Badagry axis??
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2022
Odewumijoshua:
Will I get DPR approval for a 2.5 tons lpg tank on a half plot of land at Okoafo along Badagry axis??
DPR will not grant approval for half a plot. It has to be at least a plot to be considered at all.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Jennydelite: 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
johnstin:

DPR will not grant approval for half a plot. It has to be at least a plot to be considered at all.

Please do you have idea about DPR now NUPRC recruitment? Please help
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Martin07: 11:13am On Jan 10, 2023
Please my lpg gas dispenser is selling air to customers, what can be done to rectify it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burj Khalifa: Tony Elumelu Poses In Front Of The Tallest Building In The World / Some Effect Of Cashless Policy / Why Are Banks Not Opened Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.