Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business (60502 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you / Detailed Requirements Of Starting Filling Station Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by fes2(m): 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
Johnstin,
Plz am interested in mini-skid lpg station, can u email me on fredokereke@yahoo.com. We take up from there.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
I’m extremely happy with the level of interest this LPG thread has generated so far so good.

The response has been overwhelming and I’ve tried my best to deliver good service to clients.

What gives me special joy is the fact that a lot of young Nigerians are establishing LPG stations; hence creating means of livelihood for themselves and other Nigerians, and consequently reducing the unemployment rate in the country.

I’m particularly glad that the participation of foreign investors in the LPG Station/Plant business remains at a considerably low level. Most of the gas stations in the country are wholly owned by Nigerians.

This is good because there’s a lot of money to be made in the industry and I believe Nigerians should dominate the industry and be the ones smiling home with the money.

Now that you have established your gas station/plant, the next step is to put in place the requisite management and operational controls for the sustainability and growth of your investment.

Safety should be accorded utmost importance in your gas station/plant because of the flammable nature of LPG.

I’m giving some safety tips for current owners and future owners of gas stations/plants.

It is in your best interest to take these tips very seriously.

1. Your pressure vessel(tank) shouldn’t be filled above 85% volume
2.5 Ton tanks can be filled up to 95% if and only if:
a. You are sure of the strength and condition of your tank
b. The pressure of the LPG is not too high
c. You are sure of discharging at least 150kg of the LPG into gas canisters(cylinders) within 12 hours

2. Monitor your tank pressure by checking the pressure gauge at the top of the tank from time to time.
If your tank pressure exceeds 5 bar, cool the tank with water.
If you don’t have a water sprinkling pipe above your tank, pour cool water on the tank till the pressure drops to 5 bar. This mainly applies to tanks of 5 Tons and below.
Tanks of capacities above 5 tons are expected to have a water sprinkling pipe installed over the tank.

3. Ensure that your personnel understand that static electricity can ignite gas vapors, therefore they must discharge static before commencing the refilling of canisters(cylinders). It is not unusual for customers that who have cushion chairs in their vehicles to have built up static electricity, so they must be barred from getting close to the filling points where there will definitely be some release of vapor.

4. Scientists have confirmed that mobile phone signals can ignite gas vapors. It rarely happens, which is probably why so many people throw caution to the wind and make calls on filling gantries during the refilling of cylinders.
Since it has been proven that mobile phone signals can ignite gas vapors, it is expedient to prohibit the use of phones on the filling gantry in your gas station/plant.

5. In the event of any ignition or fire outbreak at the filling gantry, the automatic shut-off control should be activated.
But since only a handful of gas stations/plants in Nigeria have automatic shut-off systems, the first thing to do is to manually shut off the valve at the tank outlet to cut off the flow of gas from the tank to the pipe network. This takes precedence over the use of fire extinguishers(powder) and CO2. If liquid gas(liquefied gas) keeps coming from the tank, there is little fire extinguishers can do(that’s the truth).

6. Do not dispense LPG into cylinders(canisters) while your tank is being filled from a bobtail/LPG tanker. It is a dangerous practice.

7. Inspect the base of cylinders brought by your customers before filling. If the base is too rusty and the cylinder is too old. Do not fill it. If you must fill it, don’t fill it to its capacity.
For example, if a customer brings a very old 12.5kg cylinder with a rusty base, do not fill more than 8 kg into the cylinder. Old cylinders can explode if filled to capacity, especially if the pressure of the LPG is high.

8. Do not over fill cylinders. Many refillers(roadside gas retailers) and stations overfill cylinders for extra gain. It is not a good practice. If the customer keeps the cylinder where there is a heat source, the liquid gas will expand and the vapor pressure will increase, which will result in leakage via the cylinder’s valve.
This can result in disaster for the client, if there is any source of ignition around.

That will be all for now. As soon as I have more time, I will give out some operational tips that will be of immense benefits to new and existing gas station/plant owners.

On a final note, I want to enjoin gas station/plant owners to dispense accurately to their customers.
Please do not under dispense. GOD is watching you.
Believe me, it’s the blessing of GOD that can give you success without adding sorrow.

I wish you all the very best in the LPG business and all your endeavors.

8 Likes

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 11:48am On Mar 07, 2016
fes2:
Johnstin,
Plz am interested in mini-skid lpg station, can u email me on fredokereke@yahoo.com. We take up from there.
Thanks

I will be in touch with you sir.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by millhouse: 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
Thanks for the info
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 11:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
[quote author=millhouse post=43569880]Thanks for the info [/quote

You are welcome
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Rooneyboy(m): 10:40am On Mar 12, 2016
lovely thread , lurking ,keep doing the good work poster .

i'm really interested but i've chosen to hibernate for now .
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Rooneyboy(m): 10:50am On Mar 12, 2016
@ poster , do u know people that are SERIOUSLY READY to invest in this business BIG TIME,

cos i for one dont believe in mushroom businesses , hence my desire to do a joint bizz with

like minds.

pls sir , if you know someone or group of persons that aren't troublesome and ready to do

a collabo (in this field), irrespective of the location pls do let me know.

i'm very ready to do a joint business
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rooneyboy:
@ poster , do u know people that are SERIOUSLY READY to invest in this business BIG TIME,

cos i for one dont believe in mushroom businesses , hence my desire to do a joint bizz with

like minds.

pls sir , if you know someone or group of persons that aren't troublesome and ready to do

a collabo (in this field), irrespective of the location pls do let me know.

i'm very ready to do a joint business

Okay sir, I will let you know if any of our clients indicates interest in a partnership.

But I strongly recommend you do it alone if you have the means.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Rooneyboy(m): 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
johnstin:

Okay sir, I will let you know if any of our clients indicates interest in a partnership.

But I strongly recommend you do it alone if you have the means.

ok sir , i will give u a call
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
57, 500 Liters LPG Pressure Vessel. All fittings intact.

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by tundebabzy: 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
@johnstin
I sent you a pm. Please respond. I need to make contact with you.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by laudate: 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
johnstin:
57, 500 Liters LPG Pressure Vessel. All fittings intact.

Hi, what is the year of manufacture? cheesy Is the rotorgauge working?
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by forbidden5(m): 10:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
One question I need to ask is, how much does a full 2.5mT cost to buy? Which plants supply gas?

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 4:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
tundebabzy:
@johnstin
I sent you a pm. Please respond. I need to make contact with you.
I will respond. This is my number if you want to reach me asap: 07012617913.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
laudate:

Hi, what is the year of manufacture? cheesy Is the rotorgauge working?
Hello, it's 1995.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
forbidden5:
One question I need to ask is, how much does a full 2.5mT cost to buy? Which plants supply gas?

Do you mean the cost of installation or just cost of the tank?
You can purchase 2.5Tgas from any of the big plants
that have bobtails for supply.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by 11cook: 11:11pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hello Johnstin,

Please I am interested in mini-skid LPG station, can u email me on kukuolatunde@yahoo.com. I will take it up from there.

Thanks
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by doubleakins(m): 8:27am On Apr 09, 2016
Good morning Johnstin, please I'm really interested in the mini LPG skid plant. Pls send me details on "Aakinjiola@gmail.com"

I need information on starting and the cost of purchasing gas. Please quote for both 2.5 T and 5T capacity.
I'll expect your expedite response.

Thanks
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
11cook:
Hello Johnstin,

Please I am interested in mini-skid LPG station, can u email me on kukuolatunde@yahoo.com. I will take it up from there.

Thanks
I will email you today sir
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
doubleakins:
Good morning Johnstin, please I'm really interested in the mini LPG skid plant. Pls send me details on "Aakinjiola@gmail.com"

I need information on starting and the cost of purchasing gas. Please quote for both 2.5 T and 5T capacity.
I'll expect your expedite response.

Thanks
I will establish contact via email with you today.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by doubleakins(m): 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
johnstin:

I will establish contact via email with you today.

Hello sir, I've not received any mail from you yet. Pls revert ASAP.
Thanks
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
doubleakins:

Hello sir, I've not received any mail from you yet. Pls revert ASAP.
Thanks

Done
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by jackal001: 10:05am On Apr 16, 2016
Hello,
I need a digital meter for my 30-ton plant but I'm currently operating with a 10-ton tank.
My location is in the Niger Delta.
I can be reached on exxiensi@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you.

Regards
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by smallsuper: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hi johnstin, am in Ife and am interested in construction of mini LPG plant, am considering either a capacity of 10 or 5 metric ton. u can contact me on Akinpeluakorede@yahoo.com. pls do it ASAP, its urgent.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Damysa(f): 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hello Justin, Thanks for the good job you are doing.

I will call you soon
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
[quote author=jackal001 post=44749231]Hello,
I need a digital meter for my 30-ton plant but I'm currently operating with a 10-ton tank.
My location is in the Niger Delta.
I can be reached on exxiensi@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you.

Regards[/quote
I apologize for not responding earlier. My workload has increased dramatically recently. I will contact you.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
smallsuper:
Hi johnstin, am in Ife and am interested in construction of mini LPG plant, am considering either a capacity of 10 or 5 metric ton. u can contact me on 08137974648 or akinpeluakorede@yahoo.com. pls do it ASAP, its urgent.

No problem sir
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
Damysa:
Hello Justin, Thanks for the good job you are doing.

I will call you soon

Thank you. Will be expecting your call.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by forbidden5(m): 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hello Johnston,

Where is the depo to buy the gas tanks in PH or its environment and how much does a full tank of 2.5 or 5 tonne LPG gas cost at the depo? I was to work out the cost of the gas itself at the depo. Anyone with this information can help as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by YOLO1(m): 10:40am On Apr 27, 2016
Thanks @ OP for this thread. I also wish to delve into this business but don't have enough capital for the plant. Dear OP & all, will 100k be enough to start a retail outlet? Please I would like u to educate me more on what I need to start the retail outlet. Wish to set it up at either Abuja or Ile-Ife. My email Address is oausingles@gmail
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burj Khalifa: Tony Elumelu Poses In Front Of The Tallest Building In The World / Some Effect Of Cashless Policy / Why Are Banks Not Opened Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.