Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,193 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala (555 Views)

Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC / Revealed: Seized 47 Suvs, 100 Motorcycles Bought For Jonathan’s Campaign / Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
The immediate past Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Monday denied withdrawing $ 1bn from the Excess Crude Account to finance the campaign of former President Goodluck Jonathan. In a statement by her Media Adviser, Mr Paul Nwabuikwu, the former finance minister described the allegation by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State that she spent $1bn out of the ECA to fund the re-election bid of Jonathan as a “ludicrously false statement that has unfortunately become a trademark of the Governor in his public campaign of falsehood.”
The statement said the comment by the governor was “just another example of the numerical diarrhea that seems to have afflicted His Excellency in recent times in his effort to damage the reputation of the former minister.”
It reads in part, “He has, within the last few months, asked Dr Okonjo-Iweala to explain all kinds of totally wild and unsubstantiated figures, ranging from $30bn, $20bn, $2.1bn, N720bn and now $1bn. “To say the obvious, the accusations are totally lacking in credibility. Governor Oshiomhole’s published comments also contain other falsehoods.
“For instance, he quoted Dr Okonjo-Iweala as saying that she and the Finance Commissioners of the 36 states approved the spending of $2.1bn out of the Excess Crude Account, adding that the Commissioners had disowned the statement. This is also a complete distortion.
“Dr Okonjo-Iweala never said the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee approved spending out of the ECA. Rather as the Commissioners themselves stated, the former Minister of State Finance informed them that former President Jonathan approved the expenditure to end the debilitating fuel queues across the country.” The statement said the Finance Ministry under Okonjo-Iweala regularly published details of revenue allocations from the ECA in national media.
www.punchng.com/news/i-didnt-withdraw-1bn-for-Jonathans-campaign-okonjo-iweala/
Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
No matter the lies,fallacy and dirty propaganda,I StiLl LoVe yOu GEJ...

Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by haywire1: 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
#

Henhen so who is d liar ooo, can't they swear with Ogun (god of thunder)

#
Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by haywire1: 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
#
Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by swimcash(m): 11:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
so wat happen 2 all of our money?

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by Davidson267(m): 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
I was here
Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by Buchukwu: 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
These people are just mad. Okonjo iweala should go and sit down let them arrest her let's see. Buhari that has been selling oil for 2 months now, where's the money? This Idi0t called Oshiomole won't ask him because they're all the same Thieves. Maaaad people.
Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by Buchukwu: 11:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
swimcash:
so wat happen 2 all of our money?
What happened to the money of oil sold in the last 2 months by Buhari?
Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
K
Re: I Didn't Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan's Campaign-okonjo Iweala by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:16am On Jul 14, 2015
She is a liar. I was there, she were there and we were all there.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

60 Villages In Kebbi Sacked By Cattle Rustlers, Others – Vigilante Group / He House Of Representatives On Saturday, Postponed its resumption date / Boko Haram Kills 23 In Cameroon Attack - AP,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.