Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports (943 Views)

Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria / Cross River To Legalise Street Hawking / Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by morereb10: 5:37am On Jul 14, 2015
The United States of America has vowed to pressure Nigeria until she accept to legalize gay marriage. The God’s Own country, as she is fondly called recently legalized gay marriage in all her 50 states, a move that sparked global outrage.

Linda Thomas Greenfield, the US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs told journalists via a live web chat yesterday that America would continue to mount pressure on Nigeria and other countries to reverse their anti-gay laws.

In her words according to reports from Naija Gists

“As a government, it is one of the highest priorities and strongest values that discrimination against anyone based on their sexual orientation and gender identity is wrong. We believe human rights should be available to everybody.

“As a policy, we will continue to press the government of Nigeria as well as other governments who have provided legislation that discriminate against the LGBT community.” “This is very much a work in progress, but I think you will agree with me that the law in Nigeria really went far in discriminating against this community but also people who associate with them.

“So we will continue to press the government, to press the legislature to change these laws and provide human rights for all Nigerian people regardless of their sexual orientation.”

“With what is happening in the US, you can determine how far we are willing to go. We strongly believe human rights for all people and - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/07/america-vows-to-force-nigeria-to.html#sthash.c79FUWg1.dpuf

Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by sim37(m): 5:38am On Jul 14, 2015
it ll not wk

1 Like

Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by morereb10: 5:38am On Jul 14, 2015
This people are really going crazy ooooo lalasticlala and ishilove please make this a FP writeup
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by morereb10: 5:38am On Jul 14, 2015
sim37:
it ll not wk

i pray oooooo
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Abba999(f): 5:39am On Jul 14, 2015
kiss

Dancing shoki tongue

REAL FREEDOM IS ON THE WAY cheesy

Crabs in the bucket, make sure u don't quote me but celebrate us in advance. grin

1 Like

Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 14, 2015
angry
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by isbish(m): 5:44am On Jul 14, 2015
I do not pray to remain alive to see the day it will be fully legal and the society especially cultured society of Nigeria and Africa at large see it as NORMAL for gays to be accepted. This is a taboo, its sickening and extremely sinful to engage in homosexuality. What has become of MAN. Ittakullah ya ayuhal Nas! Its terrible! God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Proffdada: 5:47am On Jul 14, 2015
Devil is very busy undecided

1 Like

Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Arbiola(f): 5:52am On Jul 14, 2015
THIS IS NOT GOOD...

I HOPE THIS AINT REAL SHA
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by nikkiking(m): 5:54am On Jul 14, 2015
American can eat my dick tongue tongue tongue
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by nedu2000(m): 5:58am On Jul 14, 2015
The Americans will succeed eventually it's just a matter of time unfortunately
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by ogba20: 6:11am On Jul 14, 2015
Sassybae:
angry
. My fear is this visit to u.s, buhari those not understand grammer oooo they might confused him oooo. Illiterate presido. God wil help nigeria.
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 14, 2015
Lolz,let's just pray all their plans turn void.
ogba20:
. My fear is this visit to u.s, buhari those not understand grammer oooo they might confused him oooo. Illiterate presido. God wil help nigeria.
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by devonpaul(m): 6:18am On Jul 14, 2015
ogba20:
Illiterate presido!! But looking @ ur spellings, I could tell you are no better undecided
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 14, 2015
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:23am On Jul 14, 2015
It will never happen no matter the pressure. I can say this anywhere. It will never be accepted im Nigeria.

And please pull down that picture. It looks disgusting.
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:48am On Jul 14, 2015
Lmao.
Soon we will start to hear gay rape cases
Re: America Vows To Force Nigeria To Legalise Same Sex, Gay Marriage -- Reports by Krest3d: 10:53am On Jul 15, 2015

(1) (Reply)

United States Disappointed With Buhari’s Visit / Embassy’s Website Gives Poor Account Of President’s Visit / New Statistics Of Out-of-school Children In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.