Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone (1127 Views)

I.O Ajilore's Prophecies: "I Saw Saraki Overcoming, Pray Against Plane Crash / The Church Banner I Saw On My Way In Portharcourt / I Saw An Aircraft Filled With Blood – Pastor Chris Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by Holamidhe(m): 10:05am On Jul 14, 2015
I was checking my friend's picture folder and I saw this ... Please is this acceptable for church or not

We argued about it because am from the school of taught that believe that donation is willingly not by begging but my friend said otherwise

Another observation is the issue of phone number, are they going to call/message every month to remind member about money or to thank them for donating

Picture below

Cc Ialasticlala Ishilove justwise etc

Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by Orezy5(m): 10:07am On Jul 14, 2015
Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by johnydon22(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2015
There comes a time when these pastors preaching and telling you to forgo the riches of the world and pile up riches in heaven are busy acquiring riches themselves, you should ask if there really believe in what they preach.

The church is but a legal institution to extort money from the poor by banking on their gullibility, desperation and inability to take responsibility for their circumstances thereby falling victims to extortion and holy robbery.

No doubt this business is one of the most lucrative one we have around that can fetch you a ton of dollars, private jets and a life of luxury while you encourage fasting, mortification and a life spent on prayers instead of riches to your congregation. why don't you live by that example.

Many could consider becoming pastors soon, of course with the right tactics and tricks you can get to where the top notches are today but i think i'd rather give to the poor than extort from them in the name of anything

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by menesheh(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2015
give me your money, i will save your soul and put you at the fourfront of jesus christ cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by Scholar8200(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2015
It's a commitment form and it is optional. I have collected similar envelopes and could not return same due to constraints and no one came after me neither in secret nor on pulpit.
Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by gabazin080(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2015
I think I would need a partner so that we can go into church business
Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by Scholar8200(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2015
menesheh:
give me your money, i will me save your soul and put you at the fourfront of jesus christ cheesy cheesy
I did not see that on the paper . One thing I know about the Church concerned is that they stress the fact that If your soul is not saved, your giving is a waste of time/resources.
Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by Bilabong(m): 10:22am On Jul 14, 2015
Even deeper life
Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by Khd95(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2015
Money making machine angry
Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by menesheh(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2015
Scholar8200:

I did not see that on the paper . One thing I know about the Church concerned is that they stress the fact that If your soul is not saved, your giving is a waste of time/resources.

I never replicate what is written on the paper. Is my personal interpretation of the idea i saw on the paper.

"Your giving is a waste of time" right?
Doesn't it matter if they collect blood money or gifts from sinners?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by Scholar8200(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2015
menesheh:

I never replicate what is written on the paper. Is my personal interpretation of the idea i saw on the paper.

"Your giving is a waste of time" right?
Doesn't it matter if they collect blood money or gifts from sinners?

Scholar8200:

I did not see that on the paper . One thing I know about the Church concerned is that they stress the fact that If your soul is not saved, your giving is a waste of time/resources meaning, dont bother to give!
Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by menesheh(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2015
[quote author=Scholar8200 post=35844557][/quote]

how you then distinguish between people that their soul is saved and those that are not so as not to make mistake of collecting money from those going to hell.

or is cherry-picking not the best way to do that?
Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by kolajamesjnr(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2015
religion is just like any other business venture but my people are too blind to see it

1 Like

Re: See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone by Holamidhe(m): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
kolajamesjnr:
religion is just like any other business venture but my people are too blind to see it

Na so

(1) (Reply)

PDF Becomes 4th Most Popular Religion / Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious / Giving And Receiving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.