Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) (8752 Views)

Na Who Design/redesign Http://selfcare.spectranet.com.ng? / Progression.js – Real-time Hints & Progress Feedback For Forms / Building My First Ios App. I Will Upload Videos Of My Progress Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello Everyone,

There seem to be a trend by banks in Nigeria to create subpar android mobile app for their services. So, I decided to start re-creating their interfaces with Material Design to see if I can illustrate a better app that will be intuitive to use.

I based it on Access Bank's mobile app because that is the one I use a lot and have had a lot of frustrating experiences with it.

Attached are activities with most elements.

In the current Access Bank app, there about 3 separate actvities for fund transfer. I really don't know why that is.

There should be a Navigation drawer, for easily switching the current account in use anywhere in the app.

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by mj(m): 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
Looks Simple and Great.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by omoelu1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
shii is cool. nice work.
can you please show us a screenshot of the original access bank app interface?
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by BedLam: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
Looks beautiful but simple is far from it compared to the one they have now. Mebawhile, I want to discuss something with you OP. Can you drop your number or bbm pin. Please.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by BedLam: 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
The real ones .

Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by guente02(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
After finishing my web developers course im jumping into Android Dev.
Shiii is cool.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
mj:
Looks Simple and Great.
Thanks
omoelu1:
shii is cool. nice work.
can you please show us a screenshot of the original access bank app interface?
Thanks. Someone attached it already.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
BedLam:
Looks beautiful but simple is far from it compared to the one they have now. Mebawhile, I want to discuss something with you OP. Can you drop your number or bbm pin. Please.
Thanks for the compliment.

You can post your own number or bbm pin and then I will contact you.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 9:58am On Jul 15, 2015
added the rest of the activities/pages. Updated the first post.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nice one Zouga keep it up, believe it or not another bank will see this and call you to do this.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
pcguru1:
Nice one Zouga keep it up, believe it or not another bank will see this and call you to do this.
okay. thanks.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by FincoApps(m): 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Yeaaa I agree. His designs are professional and looks fineeeeeee. But there's nothing wrong with Access Bank's design at all and their original design looks simpler
BedLam:
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by Seun(m): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nice!!
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by harryobas: 11:05am On Jul 16, 2015
hey @Zouga one quick question how did you get hold of the bank's API? as I guess you will need this to create a full functioning app
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2015
FincoApps:
Yeaaa I agree. His designs are professional and looks fineeeeeee. But there's nothing wrong with Access Bank's design at all and their original design looks simpler
If you have really used Access Bank's mobile app, you will notice that it isn't well thought out.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2015
Seun:
Nice!!
Thanks
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2015
harryobas:
hey @Zouga one quick question how did you get hold of the bank's API? as I guess you will need this to create a full functioning app
This isn't a functioning app. I said in first post that I am recreating the "interfaces".
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by nnamdiosu(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
lordZOUGA:
Hello Everyone,

There seem to be a trend by banks in Nigeria to create subpar android mobile app for their services. So, I decided to start re-creating their interfaces with Material Design to see if I can illustrate a better app that will be intuitive to use.

I based it on Access Bank's mobile app because that is the one I use a lot and have had a lot of frustrating experiences with it.

In the current Access Bank app, there about 3 separate actvities for fund transfer. I really don't know why that is.

There should be a Navigation drawer, for easily switching the current account in use anywhere in the app.

mennnn bross. you be chairman abeg. i still recall the help and advice you gave me when i was stucked on my contacts app. thanks a lot. the bank app views are superrrrr cool. oh by the way...what is material design please? thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
nnamdiosu:

mennnn bross. you be chairman abeg. i still recall the help and advice you gave me when i was stucked on my contacts app. thanks a lot. the bank app views are superrrrr cool. oh by the way...what is material design please? thumbs up
Thanks man.

Material design is a design language created by Google. Its core concept is to look at UI components as materials. As a result components have the look and feel of lying on top of each other. Just the same way a physical object would.

Google created it as a way to help developers create a unified UI across devices.

See the whole document here: https://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by DAvIt0(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
pcguru1:

Very True
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by nnamdiosu(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
lordZOUGA:

Thanks man.

Material design is a design language created by Google. Its core concept is to look at UI components as materials. As a result components have the look and feel of lying on top of each other. Just the same way a physical object would.

Google created it as a way to help developers create a unified UI across devices.

See the whole document here: https://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html

ohhhh OK. thanks . pls can I have ur no to add you on wassap. I got a lot I really need to learn from you and ask pls. I'll really appreciate it. thanks
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by Kidstell: 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
this is wonderful. pls if I want to design android apps dat look like this. where do I start. I mean wat language or ide or development kit or wysiwig do I need to start learning to work with.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
Kidstell:
this is wonderful. pls if I want to design android apps dat look like this. where do I start. I mean wat language or ide or development kit or wysiwig do I need to start learning to work with.
using Android studio or eclipse (java)
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
Kidstell:
There is nothing special about the app interfaces above, you use the normal app development tools for android. Android Studio (Or Eclipse).

For prototyping UI (which is what I did above), you can use any UI prototyping tool like: Sketch or Pencil etc

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by nnamdiosu(m): 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
lordZOUGA:
Hello Everyone,

hi Bro. I've Downloaded the pencil mock up installer through the link u posted. but I understand its just for creating mock ups. but pls do u have an app I can use to design ui views? I'll really app. also pls can I chat privately with u on wassap? thanks sir
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by DharkPoet(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
Very nice, you wonder why threads like this don't make front page, oh!! I forgot, there were no "10" or "list" in the title, good work Zouga, highly commendable.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by nnamdiosu(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
lordZOUGA:
Hello Everyone,

bro i sent u a mail. please reply. its about a job offer from someone.are you intrested?
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by directonpc(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
nice. how about something like this for nl since you are part of the team
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2015
directonpc:
nice. how about something like this for nl since you are part of the team
Thanks. While I would like to make something like that, I think you know who to direct your inquiry to. smiley

Besides, I am no longer part of NL's team.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by directonpc(m): 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
lordZOUGA:

Thanks. While I would like to make something like that, I think you know who to direct your inquiry to. smiley

Besides, I am no longer part of NL's team.
no longer a part of it? who let's a good brain to slip away? Anyway GUI of your app is excellent and a good team can change NL it's high time.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by lordZOUGA(m): 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
directonpc:

no longer a part of it? who let's a good brain to slip away? Anyway GUI of your app is excellent and a good team can change NL it's high time.
Thanks for the compliment and yeah, a good team can change NL.
Re: Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress) by directonpc(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
lordZOUGA:
Thanks for the compliment and yeah, a good team can change NL.
You welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api / Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer / Nigerian Smart Card Plant Supports Expansion Of Financial Services To Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.