Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Is A Car A Necessity? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is A Car A Necessity? (6968 Views)

Micra Taxis In Ibadan: Necessity Or Menace? / Two Women Engaged In A Car Fight And The End Was Bloody (video) / Python Chilling In A Car Bonnet In Awka (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Car A Necessity? by ba7man(m): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
deathwing:

Yes o. I don turn pro. Would never have believed it if I'd been told I'd be a passable driver now. I don't need to get the Learners permit I had planned on. My clutch contro is almost perfect now, and I've begun dragging space with those lagos pblic buses.

Having a car has opened me to new realms of responsibility. Been hopping around mechanics but I've found the perfect one. The guy loves the car so much more than even I, the owner. grin grin grin grin

I'm totally in love with the AC of the golf 3. It gets so cold so very quickly, I find it hard to believe people had this kinda luxury in 1996! I have to shut it off every now and then while driving. Fuel economy is top notch. Haven't filled the tank yet tho.

Unfortunately I'm not technical at heart, would have loved to try some DIY fixes myself. Recently put it some security features. My window was smashed in the middle of one night last week, so now I have a battery guard and that 'fuel-lock' security, that once saved my father's mercedes 230e from being driven far by armed robbers in the early 1990s.

Cool, you got a golf. Nice handling car and reliable.

Once you own a car, you'll never want to be without one again. Enjoy your car.

1 Like

Re: Is A Car A Necessity? by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Yes it is!

Maybe in the States or in Europe you can exist without one but here in Nigeria, in a place like Lagos or Abuja.

To me it is.

YMMV
Re: Is A Car A Necessity? by yak(m): 10:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
enjoy ur car. am just like u who dnt know much abt car if not in 2002 wen my dad taught me driving, started driving for some 8months b4 going to schl and datz it. but now, am planning to get mysef a car
Re: Is A Car A Necessity? by yak(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
am considering this Almera 2002 Hback or Almera Tino. my decision is informed by d fact dat 50% of the taxi in d city where I reside (Abeokuta) is Almera. so I beliv it wld b rugged, parts shld b available and resale will b faster. I want some1 to say something abt this decision
Re: Is A Car A Necessity? by GabrielMagarey: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
Finding the right bulb for your vehicle is a challenging task. Most people still believe that they just need to check the properties of a bulb without worrying about any other factor. However, that’s not true as there are different types of bulbs like 9005, 9006, and H11 bulbs.

For more information visit here:https://www.suncentauto.com/sealight-s1-h11-h8-h9-white-low-beam-led-headlight-bulbs-2pcs.html
Re: Is A Car A Necessity? by FlynnPlant: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2022
Finally got some informative blog related to https://www.econotimes.com/Best-Essay-Writing-Service-Review-By-Industry-Experts-1623445 health issues so that we can stay updated all the time with the diseases and their treatment. Such online blogs are the ways of information for us. Than you for all this content.
Re: Is A Car A Necessity? by FlynnPlant: 9:12am On Aug 15, 2022
The planners should know about the responsibilities and everything. Planners are the one who thinks uniquely and freely so that they can increase the economy of the country. In this case, the planner should think properly and all direction. Because it is the question of the country future.https://bodhizazen.net/best-essay-writing-service-review/
Re: Is A Car A Necessity? by ITbomb(m): 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2022
yak:
Anoda side of dis is weda his income can carry it. Eg a man who earns 70k,does it make sense he buys a car?
If you are having a fixed salary and owning a car does not increase your income, then you don't need a car.

But if you are a hustle or in business, your car can increase your income and your car must be able to generate money for its fuel and maintenance.

It's much better if you don't use your salary to fuel your car unless your income is above 200k per month

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical / . / BMW E30 Drift Build. [00[][]00]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.