Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife (1737 Views)

Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / Why Are You Still Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by ofala(m): 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2009
I dint know how to start this.I got a call this morning from a very good friend of mine to advise her.We were in school together,were still friends and added her husband to us.I have a lot of things with the husband,i can even say we two became closer than i am with the wife.I am saying to serve as an intro so that you will understand the shook i have for this wonderful couple and what i heard this morning.
She called me to get some advise from,knowing that it come natural to me to fix those kinda personal issues for people.
To cut it very short,this lovely friend[ a lawyer] whose husband[a business man] appears to be madly in love with, said her husband went ahead and married another wife,rented an apartment for her.And she is heavily pregnant.

She said a friend of her call her and asked if her husband is at home,she answered that her husband travelled to Abuja.

Being someone who has so much trust on her husband, she can not argue when her hubby says he is going Abuja ANY WHERE TOO FREQUENTLY.Knowing that her hubby is a clearing agent too.

Now, this people has three kids together,two boys and one girls.The wife doesn't worry him about anything.

I was forced to ask her what she thought of their sex life and she said GREAT.
She may be reading this,though i had advised here and still promised to see her hubby this evening.But can you say something to this beautiful and wonderful lady.Her life seems shattered but ,like i toldher,SHE NEEDS TO BE CALM AND NOT TAKE RASH DECISION.Your frank opinion will go a long way in helping this lady.Will text her right away to log in from her office
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by JustGood(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2009
How can the guy marry another woman when he is still married?
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by Badriyyah(f): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2009
I'm not going to jump to conclusions now, so i'd like to know if it has been confirmed that her husband has married a Second wife. Because accusing him without any proof will probably lead to nothing but a heated argument. So, is she sure ??
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by sistawoman: 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2009
Is it possible to legally marry another woman in Nigeria?

Was this just a ceremony?
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by Badriyyah(f): 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2009
sistawoman:

Is it possible to legally marry another woman in Nigeria?

Was this just a ceremony?

lol, In Nigeria, anything is possible. I've seen men with 2 to 4 wives or even more. Sad but true.
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by DeReloaded: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2009
Nothing is sacred in that country anymore
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by JustGood(m): 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2009
Badriyyah:

lol, In Nigeria, anything is possible. I've seen men with 2 to 4 wives or even more. Sad but true.

obviously youre not referring to legally contracted marriages.

Nigeria has laws. The fact that many people are ignorant of them doesn't mean that some people dont insist on them
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by Iranoladun(f): 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2009
Poster I have some questions: 1. Have you or the wife confirm this allegation? 2. What kind of marriage do they have? Customary, legal etc Although Since your friend is a lawyer she'd know what remedies are available to her under the law but you guys need to confirm this story before anyone confront the guy!
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by Badriyyah(f): 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2009
JustGood:

obviously youre not referring to legally contracted marriages.

Nigeria has laws. The fact that many people are ignorant of them doesn't mean that some people dont insist on them

Nigeria has laws?? shocked shocked shocked. I didn't know that, Oh please educate me. grin grin
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by dozies: 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2009
Sorry my dear. Although self pity is not what you need right now.
I will advice that you reconsider the foundamentals ie why did you get into marriage in the first place? Is it for companionship, love or support. what? with this new development is the foundamental reason threatened if yes then perhaps you may call off the union if you can get satisfaction else where.
However, let me advice that in line with Williams Shakespare, "we all in life are on a stage playing out a script that was not written by us and we have little or know control over what is written rather we can decide to play out the scipt well with pleasure or badly with pains". In the midst of this maximum betrayal you can still play out your script with love and I assure you, that is the only sure way to win with pleasure.
Like they say throw away the dirty water and take back your cloth.
Come to look at it some married women regardless of colours do cheat on their hubby to the extent of getting pregnant and planting the Child on the hubby it is only when one goes for DNA that you get to know who is who. I am not saying that this is good moral. No way. all I am saying is that there is moral decay and high level recklessness in marriage institution today but what you dont know and what you chosse to ignore will not kill you. Take heart and move on with your script playing,
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ topic

Are you sure this woman isn't the blind type who is always ready to deny even the most evident bitterness?
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by Outstrip(f): 6:26am On Mar 11, 2009
She has not even asked her husband yet. How does she know it is even true? If she has not asked him and she is willing to believe it is true it is because deep down she knew all along that he was up to something.
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by FBS: 8:22am On Mar 11, 2009
norin to say for now. . .brb.
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by spikedcylinder: 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2009
A man has married 81 wives before. . . .
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by bawomolo(m): 4:19am On Mar 12, 2009
I believe the Nigerian legal system recognized customary traditional marriages.

her husband went ahead and married another wife,rented an apartment for her.And she is heavily pregnant.

ha too late. Shhh get a divorce or be the best Iyale you can be cool
Re: Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife by Ben13: 9:58am On Mar 12, 2009
Just the whole truth.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland / Men At What Age Did You Have Your First Child? - For Men With Kid(s) / Women: Why Hurt Yourselves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.