Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki (570 Views)

Biafra: What Senate Will Do About Military Action On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB – Saraki / Fayose Cautions Buhari Over Probe Of Military Chiefs, Says $2.1bn Arms Deal Is A / Buhari Wants NASS To Confirm Service-chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by dridowu: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
In response to criticism that followed his tweet
on Monday, Senator Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s
Senate President has stated that he never meant
that the Senate will not screen then confirm the
Service Chiefs appointed by President
Muhammadu Buhari.
In a statement issued Sanni Onogu, Chief Press
Secretary to Saraki he noted that his boss was
misunderstood. “The attention of the Media
Office of the Senate President has been drawn
to a story making the rounds to the effect that
the Senate does not need to screen or confirm
the new Service Chiefs appointed by President
Muhammadu Buhari.
“However, we want to make it abundantly clear
that based on inquiries made to the Senate
President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki on
whether the Senate was consulted before the
appointment of new Service Chiefs was
announced, he had in response tweeted that the
appointment of Service Chiefs is the exclusive
function of the President as stipulated by the
Constitution.
“Let it be known that his comment is now being
misinterpreted to say the Senate will neither
screen nor confirm the new Service Chiefs. This
is far from the truth.
“For the avoidance of doubt, Saraki has said his
comment is without prejudice to extant laws and
court pronouncements on the issue and therefore
that the Senate will do the needful when the list
of the new Service Chiefs is sent to it by Mr.
President.
Saraki in a new tweet today said: “This is to
clarify the earlier position which was not up to
date and does not represent the position of the
Senate President on the issue of screening of
the newly appointed service chiefs . The Senate
will perform its constitutional duty when it
receives communication from the President on
the appointments.
The tweet by Saraki has been deleted as at the
time of filing this report.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/14/i-never-said-senate-will-not-screen-confirm-service-chiefs-says-saraki/

Re: I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by JBismarck(m): 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
Liver for fail me
Re: I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
Where did rumours come frm?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by temitemi1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Why dem say n I never say come full this govt like this grin cheesy grin
Re: I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by maverickdude(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
nobody knws what dey ar suppose to do..smh
Re: I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by dridowu: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
I knew this will occur , too much confusion . I was expecting him to say his account was hack but anyway he deny it sha.
lalasticlala
Re: I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by Famocious(m): 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Denial and misinformation everywhere in this present administration...

I wonder who the confusionist is ..
Re: I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
Buhari goofed. Period!
Re: I Never Said Senate Will Not Screen, Confirm Service Chiefs, Says Saraki by Domwiz4all(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
If u believe dis administration is confused hit d like button

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hunt Boko Haram Not Opposition Leaders, Fayose Tells Buhari / Cameroon Military Trains Locals In Counter-terrorism Efforts...(boko Haram) / Tinubu Behind Toyin Saraki's Ordeal- Senator Waku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.