Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) (24821 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Her World Bank Colleagues at COP22 Morrocco / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Ahmed Mohammed Ali, President Of Islamic Bank (Photos) / Buhari With Other AU Presidents At 26th Summit In Addis Ababa - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, attended a conference in Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia.

The embattled former Coordinator of the Economy, took to her Twitter handle, to announce her participation at the conference, with the theme ‘getting additional resources for women empowerment in Nigeria’

Okonjo-Iweala has faced series of allegations since the end of the Goodluck Jonathan’s administration. The governor of Edo state, Adams Oshiomhole accused her of of illegally taking $1 billion from the Federation Account to prosecute the re-election bid of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

However, the criticism seems not to have affected her rating as she enjoyed the warm reception of Nigerian delegates at the conference.

Okonjo-Iweala is a globally renowned Nigerian economist best known for her two terms as Finance Minister of Nigeria and for her work at the World Bank, including several years as one of its Managing Directors (October 2007 – July 2011).

In 2007, Okonjo-Iweala was considered as a possible replacement for former World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz. Subsequently, in 2012, she became one of three candidates in the race to replace World Bank President Robert Zoellick at the end of his term of office in June 2012. On 16 April 2012 it was announced that she had been unsuccessful in her bid for the World Bank presidency, having lost to the US nominee, Jim Yong Kim. This outcome had been widely anticipated. However, this was the first contested election for World Bank president after the demise in 2010 of the Gentlemen’s agreement that the US would appoint the World Bank president and Europe would appoint the managing director of the International Monetary Fund.

Okonjo confIn October 2005, she led the Nigerian team that struck a deal with the Paris Club, a group of bilateral creditors, to pay a portion of Nigeria’s external debt (US$12 billion) in return for an $18 billion debt write-off. Prior to the partial debt payment and write-off, Nigeria spent roughly US$1 billion every year on debt servicing, without making a dent in the principal owed. However, following years of mismanagement under her watch, the combined domestic and external debt of the Federal Government is in excess of $40 billion by the end of 2014. Add to this the fact that abandoned capital projects littered all over the country amount to over $50 billion. No word yet on other huge contingent liabilities. If oil prices continue to fall, it was said that Nigeria will soon have a heavy debt burden even with low debt to GDP ratio.

Okonjo-Iweala also introduced the practice of publishing each state’s monthly financial allocation from the federal government in the newspapers. This action went a long way in increasing transparency in governance. She was instrumental in helping Nigeria obtain its first ever sovereign credit rating (of BB minus) from Fitch and Standard & Poor’s. Nigeria is considered to have defaulted on its sovereign debt in 1983 (debt rescheduling is considered a type of default by rating agencies).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/photos-okonjo-iweala-attends-addis-ababa-conference/

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lalasticlala even though you banned me i still love you#Nohomo kiss. Please who is in US listening on conference call to that scam called RADIO BIAFRA.
Nothing new Just Arguing with my Nigerian floormates and Sippng Cold Budlight Beer. Those caucasians just dey look.
Dem never see when Naijas argue and goof around grin cheesy

Okonjo Iweala looks like a Sugar Mummy Milf

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
kiss
I HOPE THEY GET "EMPOWERED"

*continues watching THE LAST SHIP*

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by wachakuta(m): 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
Fear that gele

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
I love this woman.
Nairalanders,pls kindly Check out this Single " BAnTe " .Your opinion and critic is welcome.

https://my.notjustok.com/track/18462/otubante-synord

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by maverickdude(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
i fear that "mighty gele" that siphoned our funds

8 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Harkynkunle(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mama look @ what u left behind......
hi nairalanders..... these idiots are silly scammers (with mobile
num 09037101896 and 09050947168, also with nairaland
username : Choba .... they claim they sell data bundle but all they
do is to scam innocent N.Landers ..... they persuade d buyer to
send an amount of call card to them for an amount of data
bundle..e.g 1k for 1gb... which seems to be a normal way ppl buy
data bundle lately..... once u send d call card to them in
expectance of d data bundle , they either stop picking ur calls or
they switch off their phones... Beware they are scammers...
below is what they look like

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Shaadey: 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
no wahala
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Truckpusher(m): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
I love this woman .

Haters can die for all I care .

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by dipopooo(m): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
cry I wonder why dis woman, Alison maduekwe and GEJ are still walking freely. I tot janjaweedian said dey would send dem to kirikiri.

#OneChance

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by simeonii(m): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
Adams Oshiomhole must not hear this.... tongue

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by allanphash7(m): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
Awkwarsd moment is when you see this woman in jeans and shirt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by meshacha1: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
I don't think this is a good news to (Adams oshobaba)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by holyfather(m): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
why won't she?
She's a great woman.
Forget about Nigerians and their partisan hysteria,that one will pass.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by oromankirisi(f): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ever beautiful and charming!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Vanquay16:
Lalasticlala even though you banned me i still love you#Nohomo kiss.
Wetin you do am nau?
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Action Woman

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by eagleae7(m): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hardwork pays

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by atlwireles: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Truckpusher:
I love this woman .

Haters can die for all I care .

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by sukkot: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
this woman needs to be flogged publicly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by free2ryhme: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
That's a woman of virtue. Mama we the "true" Nigerians love you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Christianwalase: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hmm
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nothing oh i just like am. Never beef a mod like lalasticlala grin if i was gay i feel give am BJ kiss
Freemanan:

Wetin you do am nau?
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by baralatie(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
simeonii:
Adams Oshiomhole must not hear this.... tongue
He will bring new charge, okomjo withdrew $300 billion to host conference.dey look too!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by bestman09(m): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
y
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by tyson55(m): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
cool
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Its not new about the prophet and his hometown.
I hail u madam

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by efilefun(m): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lol
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by swagger193(m): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by henryutd(m): 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Waiting for Oshobaba's comment.
Re: Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) by Hollawaley(m): 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
ngozi okonjo iweala one of the women that made Nigeria's economy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Saudi Arabia And Qatar (photos) / Victor Umeh Holds Mass In His Home To Mourn His Sister - PICS / Local Refining Will Reduce Petrol Price By N70/ltr – Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.