Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race (23686 Views)

Dambazau Owns Real Estate In The US, Billions In Abuja - Sahara Reporters / How Wike Lost Out At Governorship Tribunal / Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by cleric(m): 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Next news plz
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by hassan85(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
.the more d media talks the more d pmb chang his mind
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by fabulousbrainzz(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
I HEAR
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
I don't know why I prefer this dambazzu to that mongunu
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by kennyman2000(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Baba doing the needful for a greater Nigeria. More overwhelming wisdoms and understanding to ur brilliant brain sir.

More dullness to Buhari haters brains..

Click like for Amen..

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Ayomi088(m): 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Eeya
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by gajerian(m): 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
zik4ever:
One man who was 99.99% certain of being appointed national security adviser (NSA) by President Muhammadu Buhari was Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau — until two weeks ago when his stock began to fall.

Dambazau, who was removed as chief of army staff and then retired as a lieutenant general in 2010 by former President Goodluck Jonathan, was one person whose appointment was thought to be a mere formality.

He was, in other words, the NSA-in-waiting and he was already behaving like one.

But Buhari surprisingly appointed Babagana Monguno, a retired major general, as NSA in the much-awaited shake-up of his security cabinet on Monday.

Presidential sources told TheCable that the case against Dambazau started building up a few weeks ago as Buhari began to finalise his list for the key security appointments.

One of the sources said: “Buhari initially wanted Ibrahim Coomassie, former inspector general of police, as NSA, but so much argument was made about Coomassie’s age. He is just 69, but it seems those who made that argument carried the day.
“That is how Dambazau moved to the top of the list as the favourite. However, several issues came up in the process of taking a final decision. One, Buhari does not want any officer who has held positions that exposed them to a lot of money. As it were, he wanted ‘innocent’ military officers to spearhead his security agenda. If you look at the new appointments, most of the security chiefs have never held what we call ‘plum’ positions in Nigeria.

“Buhari wants to re-professionalise the military. Those who have had questions asked about their past stewardship eventually fell down the list. He liked Dambazau a lot but he could not dismiss the case against him.”

Also, his tenure in the army was reviewed and some of the facts that emerged did not do him any favours.

“The Boko Haram insurgency budded under his watch as army chief, with Gen. Sarki Mukhtar as NSA. The No. 1 security priority of Buhari is to tackle Boko Haram. Dambazau’s CV was not glittering in that aspect. It was going to be a questionable appointment,” the source added.

Another presidential source said Buhari would still accommodate the retired general from Kano, who was the first chief of army staff to hold a PhD when former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua appointed him in 2009.
“The fact that Dambazau did not get the NSA position does not mean he has been blacklisted by Buhari. He is still highly regarded. But you cannot question the choice of Gen. Babagana Monguno as the NSA. He comes highly recommended and he has an enviable record. He is upright.

“He was unfairly retired because Jonathan wanted to make Gen. Kenneth Minimah army chief. So Minimah’s mates and seniors had to go. It was not as if Monguno did anything wrong or was found wanting,” the source added.

Dambazau’s failure to get the NSA slot was all the more shocking because he seemed primed to play the role right from the campaign days.

He was the head of the security committee of the APC campaign organisation, and was always around Buhari in the days leading to the May 29 inauguration as well as after the president assumed office.

Dambazau toured Aso Rock together with Buhari in the last days of Jonathan, and appeared prominently in all the pictures.
He also travelled with Buhari to the G7 summit in Bavaria, Germany, on June 7 — before travelling with him to Johannesburg, South Africa, for the 25th African Union summit.

TheCable understands that he played a major role in the security arrangements for Buhari, including the appointment of Muhammed Lawal Abubakar, a lieutenant colonel, as ADC to the president.

Dambazau also prayed regularly with Buhari at the state house mosque.
https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-dambazau-lost-nsa-race

I AM FOR EVERYBODY AND FOR NOBODY
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by IamPatriotic(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Thank goodness, it wasn't because he was Tinubu's candidate and Buhari doesn't want Tinubu anywhere near his government according to haters

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by gidjah(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
hmm...this will seem tough for our ministerial list o

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by spenca: 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
Minister for Defence
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
sagr:
Ok so mr Dbz has missed out..may b d position of minister of defence is speared for him..
exactly my thought
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by alphaconde(m): 10:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
If buhari uses this same criteria to get his ministers then I don't think he can even get 3 upright pple.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
WombRaiders:
[size=18pt]Rubbish.

Buhari rescinded his choice of Dambazau because of his role in drafting Hausa Fulani Muslim soldeirs in reprisal attacks against the Berom people of Jos.

Dambazau is a boko confirm.[/size]
that guy is dangerous. I advice PMB to stay away from him if he wants to succeed

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by sweetgala(m): 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
Vanquay16:
The only minister i care about is Sports minister undecided

Be like say u just kop that boot, carry go
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
If you dont have anything to say at least go and sell gala in an origin joint undecided
sweetgala:

Be like say u just kop that boot, carry go
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by ibisko04: 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
brixton:
We have to contend with new conspiracies from the stable of daura dullard_. Can you ssschildreen of hate and anger tell daura dullard_ that the dollar exchanges for 241 now? When will he reverse this trend to $1 = #1?
Very soon, dollar will be equal to naira. The process is on.
When your car developed an engine fault, your mechanic will first and foremost loose the engine down before it can be repaired.
Nigeria is in the workshop for total overhauling.
Nigeria is undergoing the procedure of loosing the engine parts . After which everything will be coupled back for a better performance in the overall systems.

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Tylenol: 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
I heard, through the grapevine, that Danbazau was a shoe-in for the role of NSA until Buhari was informed that Dambazau made illegal deductions from the allowances of soldiers fighting Boko Haram when he was COAS.

Allegedly, each soldier got paid short of N 6,000. Don't quote me abeg; an rumour I hear.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by sweetgala(m): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
Vanquay16:
If you dont have anything to say at least go and sell gala in an origin joint undecided

Your fada left blokos, I dey even wind u small ur fat head come dey swell.

Because of one yeye boot. Who want see the stupid boot u carry your months wages go buy
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by philips70(m): 4:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Every report keep saying glowing stories about Monguno the new NSA yet my friend barcanista and his 40 thieves brought some Ogbogoro article from hell to disturb the peace of Nairaland. Allowed one dirty Obiagu bus conductor to be insulting his father.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by petchi: 5:15am On Jul 15, 2015
National Security Adviser is it the prerogative of the north alone. Are there no qualified Southerners that can fit that position.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by deskossy(m): 5:55am On Jul 15, 2015
General burantashi!!!what a name..i like it!
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by dokyOloye: 6:05am On Jul 15, 2015
WombRaiders:
[size=18pt]Rubbish.

Buhari rescinded his choice of Dambazau because of his role in drafting Hausa Fulani Muslim soldeirs in reprisal attacks against the Berom people of Jos.

Dambazau is a boko confirm.[/size]
and for deploying soldiers to receive d late president Yar'Adua wtout d Knowledge of GEJ when GEJ was still acting president and Commander in chief.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by SweetSoup(m): 6:11am On Jul 15, 2015
He could be the next minister of defence..
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 15, 2015
Both Abdulrahman DambazaÙ and NSA Monguno are men of questionable character. What happened to the BH prime suspect that went missing under Moguno as CDI? Was he not same person that trated BH suspects as kings and friends? Was it it under him that Nigeria couldn't get any antidote for BH in terms of military intelligence? By the way must it only be an exclusive reserve for Nothern Muslims?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Themandator: 7:32am On Jul 15, 2015
Buhari submitted a inch of names to the security people which they screened and graded... He simply went for the one at the top.... All this excuse were snatched from the air like the Jonathan protest story
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Caseless: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2015
sagr:
Ok so mr Dbz has missed out..may b d position of minister of defence is speared for him..
my thought too.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by OrigamiIII: 9:19am On Jul 15, 2015
You can't expect Gen.Dambazau to serve as NSA which ranks in equal status with the service chief. The service chiefs are his juniors he cannot serve alongside with them. The position of defence minister is being reserved for him with 100% certainty.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by Lakeland4321: 10:14am On Jul 15, 2015
OrigamiIII:
You can't expect Gen.Dambazau to serve as NSA which ranks in equal status with the service chief. The service chiefs are his juniors he cannot serve alongside with them. The position of defence minister is being reserved for him with 100% certainty.
For your information the NSA is the highest ranking security official, even the min.of defence technically reports to him
Re: EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race by impetus: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
Lakeland4321:
For your information the NSA is the highest ranking security official, even the min.of defence technically reports to him

I totally agree with you cos Azizi served as NSA with service chiefs much more junior to him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose: "Makinde Looks Quiet, But Deadly" / Abdulrasheed Bawa: Politicians Stockpiling Old Notes To Buy Votes / Sailing Out Parade For Former Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.