Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra (615 Views)

DG Of Nigeria Broadcasting Commission, Emeka Mba, Arrested By EFCC / Breaking; Radio Biafra Director, Nnamdi Kanu Arrested / Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra by AlexReports(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2015
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information, Dr. Sade Yemi-Esan, on Tuesday said the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation has succeeded in stopping the signal of Radio Biafra because it was not licensed.

Image result for radio biafra

Yemi-Esan disclosed this to State House correspondents shortly after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of her ministry's activities inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

She said the commission was currently working with security agencies to apprehend those behind the illegal radio.

She said, "We also gave a report on Radio Biafra. Right now, the signals from the radio have been jammed successfully by the NBC. The commission is also working with security agencies to get those that are behind that radio because it is an illegal radio. It is not licensed by anybody to be on the airwaves in Nigeria."

She added that the President had directed her ministry to put machinery in place to end the scourge of piracy in the nation's movie industry.

She said the President gave a clear directive that the ministry must work hard to ensure that film producers get what is due to them. "The President raised concerns about piracy in Nollywood and he has instructed us to work harder to ensure that the producers of Nollywood films get what is due to them and that we reduce piracy to the barest minimum," she said.

She added that the President frowned at some media houses that are in the habit of owing salaries.

She said Buhari saw the development as not too good for the country.

She said, "I think it was last week that one of the newspapers was shut down because of non-payment of salaries. I think that should not be heard of in a country like Nigeria.

"Mr. President frowns on things like that, the welfare of every Nigerian, especially journalists is one of the major concerns that we have."

The Permanent Secretary said the President wanted the ministry to intensify publicity because of his desire that every Nigerian should know about policies and programmes of his government.

She said they also talked about external publicity and the possibility of re-opening the federal information services abroad

http://www.alexreports.info/2015/07/illegal-signal-nigeria-broadcasting.html

Re: Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra by Topccy007: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra by megawax8: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2015
Finally
Re: Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 15, 2015
cry

For the kind of lies spread in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 15, 2015
Jams Or Bans?
Re: Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra by phantom(m): 8:56am On Jul 15, 2015
I am in PH and im listening to it in my car as i type this......SMH
Re: Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra by ELTON123(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2015
Ok this one wey I de listen na

radiohausa abi

Mumu

(1) (Reply)

Why African Leaders Don't Hand Over Peacefully / PHOTO: Nigerian Flag Mounted At Blair House / Buhari's Articles Posted On Washington Post Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.