Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? (37697 Views)

James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Benue Community Exhumes Corpse After 48 Years, To Be Reburied In Hometown (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by sukkot: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
Umuchoke:

Lmao! You can't change God's design. Women are meant to be on the receiving end. When you newly meet a girl, it is you, the man, that will blow all the necessary grammar to spice her. When she accepts to go out with you, it is still you that will do all the spending. And that's how it would be as long as she's still with you. So if you can spend for an ordinary GIRLFRIEND, why do you now think it's unnecessary or not dignifying to pay her bride price so that she can PERMANENTLY be your partner? Don't tell me you've never dated before
yes i get you spending on her but why do you have to spend on her father ? he the one supposed to spend on you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by judedwriter(m): 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
Saklekplus:
Yoruba = between 20 to 80k
Hausa = between 10 to 30k
Igbo = between 200 to 600k
cheesy na so. Igbo women sha.
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Umuchoke(m): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
sukkot:
yes i get you spending on her but why do you have to spend on her father ? he the one supposed to spend on you
Jesus Christ! grin grin who told you you're spending on the father? How much self be the money? The bride price is just a token. I don't think any bride price in Nigeria, at present, is above 2k. So na 2k the man go chop? Moreover, they don't spend the money. They keep it aside just in case of eventuality. A groom spends more while performing the marriage rites (the list of items) which is presented by the bride's kinsmen. That too is negotiable

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by sukkot: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
Umuchoke:

Jesus Christ! grin grin who told you you're spending on the father? How much self be the money? The bride price is just a token. I don't think any bride price in Nigeria, at present, is above 2k. So na 2k the man go chop? Moreover, they don't spend the money. They keep it aside just in case of eventuality. A groom spends more while performing the marriage rites (the list of items) which is presented by the bride's kinsmen. That too is negotiable
ahhh well yall can keep your customs. i will keep mine. i have gone out with many women and its their dads who spend on me all the time. they tell me ' your money is not good here, go ahead and put that in your pocket. i got this '

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Darteyyyy(m): 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
highest #500 Benue state ogbadibo local government

Please when are we getting married?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by troy20(m): 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Supplanter:
From my place in Ughelli, delta state, the pride price is not up to #500 and the list given to the groom, it's not compulsory he pays them at once.
Anybody with idea of how much the bride price and the list to be given to the groom to marry a lady from Ugep in Yakuurr local government from Cross River state? That's where I've decided to marry from. cheesy
bro anything special about ugep women please? I once had a girl i loved a lot from there.
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Umuchoke(m): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
sukkot:
ahhh well yall can keep your customs. i will keep mine. i have gone out with many women and its their dads who spend on me all the time. they tell me ' your money is not good here, go ahead and put that in your pocket. i got this '
And you still refuse to let us know where this happens. Tell us the community where the groom gets paid because he's lifting a responsibility from a family. grin
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by thesaint24(m): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ishilove:
In my side, the Ukwuani speaking part of Delta state, the bride price is 10k.

Dem don dey tear eye small small grin grin
ibu onye ukwuani?shocked wow! M an ukwuani guy too. Although, m based in ibadan. O to fe!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by sukkot: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
Umuchoke:

And you still refuse to let us know where this happens. Tell us the community where the groom gets paid because he's lifting a responsibility from a family. grin
its not a community as much as it is individual choices by men of dignity and class wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by CecyAdrian(f): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
chimkaire:
...which you gat for 'em? Are they extra ordinary undecided
U really do not know they are?
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by ut47(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
sukkot:
no bride price. just so long as you love their daughter and are ambitious enough to take care of their daughter and respect her , she is yours
At where...?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
judedwriter:
cheesy na so. Igbo women sha.

Everything nah business in igbo land, ,, there is an adage that says, "the love of money is the beginning of ritual"
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by sukkot: 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
ut47:
At where...?
england undecided
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by oochi123(f): 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
olihilistic:
5000k Obi in Benue state. grin
.chai! Enwa! U don lie o.hmm! Ur sista go hia wen wit dat kind bride price.anjo be?
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Shaadey: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
JoeCutie:
Okay oh. Because I be wan go punch whoever it is that's making you vex. grin
I trust you
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
Toks2008:
Foolishness is when a lady leaves a guy she really loves and also loves her and ready for marriage but does not have money for big marriage ceremony to be with a guy who may not really love her but will gladly say i do to him because he has the money for marriage ceremony.

Many ladies in Nigeria have mistaken marriage proper for marriage ceremony as they take the latter more important than the former.

Ironically many ladies have no business being single at 30 not even at 27 but many of them have foolishly dwell on a picture of flamboyant wedding which is perfectly ok but they make it a must before they can actually see themselves as married.

A couple can have a very low keyed wedding ceremony and latter when the money is available they can do a super expensive ceremony but its so so unfortunate that a typical naija girl at 25 will have a guy at 30 wanting to marry her and this guy actually have a roof over his head but because he has no money at that point to organize a big time wedding,our gullible ladies will say HE IS NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE yet he continues to bleep them front back and center and when he is probably ready for marriage ceremony,he dumps their silly ass after sucking the whole nectar in them and they will start crying fowl that one innocent person from their village is after them.
YOU ALWAYS SPEAK MY MIND WHEN I NEEDED IT
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by ayusco85(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ishilove:

They don't sell women where I come from.

So if I want to marry u all I need is 10k bride price

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by tankoy: 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
Umuchoke:

It's not true. There's no where in Naija where the bride price is above 2k smiley
lipsrsealed

ure nt sure
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by tankoy: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
oochi123:
.chai! Enwa! U don lie o.hmm! Ur sista go hia wen wit dat kind bride price.anjo be?
cry

it likely to find most girls unmarried at 50 here
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by BabaIbo: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Some side na just give their daughter belle, dats all... I didn't call names o
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by icekoko(f): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
25naria is our Bride price in Arondizuogu, no matter ur Qualification. They say the don sell their daughters they give them out cos she has agreed to spend the rest of her life with you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by UnimkeAk(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
highest #500 Benue state ogbadibo local government

*One knee on the floor*

Be my wife swts cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Spells(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
In ma place u will be kept in a cage with a lion to wrestle. as simple as dat
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by huthority01(m): 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
wristbangle:

Sir, how much is the total?
about 97k
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Ishilove: 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
ayusco85:

So if I want to marry u all I need is 10k bride price
Lol. Yeah, and some cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Obande2: 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
babasade:
what will they do?? Should I come and pay for yours then..lolz
..but sincerely no one would collect bride price of #500 in nigeria

someone is misinterpreting issues here,bride price is different from bride wealth.bride price is the token you pay on a woman's head during traditional marriage & bride price is what she brings into your home.so marrying a girl from this man's home town might be #500,but the total money for celebrations might be up to 200-300k.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
nellyelitz:
how much

Little amounts.
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Ishilove: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
thesaint24:

ibu onye ukwuani?shocked wow! M an ukwuani guy too. Although, m based in ibadan. O to fe!
Ye o. Aje smiley
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by bundur(m): 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
70K-200K for a Kanuri lady here in Maiduguri
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Lawsimon(m): 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
sukkot:
no bride price. just so long as you love their daughter and are ambitious enough to take care of their daughter and respect her , she is yours
where in Nigeria are you from... I'm looking for where bride price is cheaper
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Alezy(m): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
25 naira

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Rexnegro(m): 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
babasade:
what will they do?? Should I come and pay for yours then..lolz
..but sincerely no one would collect bride price of #500 in nigeria

Bro chill we yorubas don't even take up to that sef..my two sis husbands it was just 40naira that was collected from them which was return same day meaning we don't sell our daughters, our major concern is just make sure u takia of her/them....u mess up ? We withdraw her shikena.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oba Elegushi 45th Birthday Party (pics, Video) / The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) / Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.