Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' (2404 Views)

Why Do You Rate These Type Of Rappers High? / Your Top Five Pick Of Rappers That Have No Business Rapping?? / On To The Next One Video, Jay-z Is Goddamn Illuminati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by babyboyinc: 7:29am On Sep 25, 2006
Lots of luv jay.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by 9jaLady: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2006
I heavily disagree. All he does is bites other people's rhymes on sampled old songs by Kanye West. If you think about it, anyone can say what someone else already said.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by Drusilla(f): 11:36pm On Sep 25, 2006
The man can not even rap? So this is totally confusing.

He is a good producer nobody even bought his sucky first rap album.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by donjazzie(m): 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2006
jay z all time rapper( na story fifty eminem.abeg ma hear word)
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by buckeye(m): 6:34am On Sep 26, 2006
don jazzie:

jay z all time rapper( na story fifty eminem.abeg ma hear word)

can u explain this a lil bit more ?
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by babyboyinc: 8:29am On Sep 26, 2006
I also think he shld explain better.U know jay got brains.His album are like genesis 2 exodus.How come beyonce claim all grammies when she startf taggin along wit jay?How come rkelly always featured him?How come pharel cant just let him be?How come d whole of new york went apart when he was charged 2 court?
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by babyboyinc: 8:36am On Sep 26, 2006
I also think he shld explain better.U know jay got brains.His album are like genesis 2 exodus.How come beyonce claim all grammies when she startf taggin along wit jay?How come rkelly always featured him?How come pharel cant just let him be?How come d whole of new york went apart when he was charged 2 court?
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by LanreDaMan(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2006
Definately NOT

Where do you place THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G (R.I.P)

Tupac

Nas
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by 9jaLady: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2006
As I said, he's a biter and definately not a writer. Cam'ron already exposed him for that.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by Hugoboi(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2006
he's a biter and definately not a writer. Cam'ron already exposed him for that
Whoeva u r, u need to get ur facts straight> JayZ is the best ghost writer of all time.not like songwriters who get credit for evry song they do.I can give u ten hit songs by other artistes written by Jay.Startin wit Still Dre.Who d hell is Cam to compare wit Jay,HELLLOOO!!!!! GET UR FACTS RITE!!!
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by Hugoboi(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2006
its the R.O.C for life!!!
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by 9jaLady: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2006
Yeah and let me guess, he also wrote for BIG, Snoop, Nas, Slick Rick, BG, and more , Please dont go there. And if he's such a great ghost writer, then why couldn't he gost write for other artist under ROC to help them go platinum. All those guys flopped bad. The only artist to ever go platinum under ROC was Cam'ron and Kanye West. You can count Kanye because he's doing his own thing. Now defend that.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by donjazzie(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2006
now see these peeps wan maa speak english sha.

open ur ears jayz can b d greastest rapper of all time.where u put eminem fifty,talib kweli eric sermon e.t.c.these guys are rappers not commercial artist.u dig?
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by 9jaLady: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2006
But if you say he's the best commercial artist, what basis are you judging it from? If you say record sales (which is heavy in commercial industry), he didnt sell the most. If you say lyrics, he doesnt have the best lyrics. So what are we judging it from?
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by donjazzie(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2006
well even if' he's not the best lyrically and sales me sef i nor send am one day.all i'm pin pointing here is just that jay-z can be the greatest rapper of all time he's more commercial than a rap artist.if u nah mean.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by kaydee(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2006
wHO DASH am? Y'all know who Jay-Z's betta than and who's betta than him. Who's da king of New York? If u know him holla? He's the current heavy weight champion.Jay-Z all time best? Are u tryin 2 say he's betta than Pac and Biggie? Abeg go sleep! Talk bout somtin pple can reason with.You just want me 2 start from where Nas stopped.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by babyboyinc: 6:34am On Sep 27, 2006
@ lanredaman, how can u compare him wit da dead ones?Jay himself recognises pac and big in his tracks.Who tried comparing 50 and eminem 2 jay?U know 50 made sales becos everyone wanted 2 hear his experience but tell me,wld any mum in new york want their kids goin 2 shows 50 is rockin?Do u know wot it means to rock a charity concert around d world? Thats becos jay has somethin 2 say other than d regular beef raps and shit em and 50 do.Also kanye,killer cam are tight but cant compare them wit jay.He is so good rkelly wants him bad,beyonce cant let go,d world needs him.Anyone listen 2 his black album?Men its like a bible.Genesis 2 revelations.No rapper ever done dat.Not 2pac,not big,just no one done dat except him.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by 9jaLady: 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2006
@ babyboyinc, I dont know what you've been smoking foreal. It's like your concept is backwards. Yes I agree you cant compare him with the dead, but how can you say the Black Album is like the bible and no one has done that If you look closely, since R. Kelly started working with him, his own album sales are not as good as earlier in his career. Pharel doesnt keep going to him, its the other way around. Did you watch fade the black, because if you did, you would know his strategy for recording the Black Album 'that you called the bible'. He goes to guys like Pharrel, Timbaland, Kanye, and others for help. Its not all him. Most of the time in music, its the producers who really writes a song. If you noticed in the song Lucifer, Kanye is the one that told him to sing the bridge how he sang it 'according to the movie'. All rappers do is rap most of the time. He just happen to surround himself with the best known producers in the game.

Oh, when Pac had a double cd (All eyez of me) = classic
When Bigg had a double cd (Life after death) = classic
Jay-z's double cd = well it was ok.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by Hugoboi(m): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2006
Jay-z's double cd = well it was ok.
But it sold 7mil huh!!
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by 9jaLady: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2006
Once again, you guys really need to get yall facts straight before typing something. He didnt sell 7 million. He only sold 3 million in the US. Dont forget, it was a double disc album, which means it's calculated twice as much. For example, if you go to the store and purchace one double album, it's recorded as the artist selling 2 albums. So if he sold 3 million of his Blueprint 2, that means he really sold 1.5 million copies. Now i know you think i'm making this up, so i've attatched prove of all his record sales here. Enjoy

http://www.rockonthenet.com/artists-j/jayz_main.htm
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by Hugoboi(m): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2006
CHECK JIGGAS RESUME
Jay-Z was born in New York on December 4, 1970. Before becoming one of the most respected and best-selling rappers of the latter half of the 90s, Jay-Z was growing up in Brooklyn, New York as a struggling MC, cashier at Kentucky Fried Chicken, and drug dealer.

Jay-Z began a different career as a solo rapper with the single "In My Lifetime" which eventually led to a distribution deal.

# 172 Singles Artist of the Year

Jay-Z topped the Billboard Dance Music Maxi-Singles Sales chart for 5 weeks with "Ain't No, /Dead Presidents."

Jay-Z released Reasonable Doubt with the tracks "Can't Knock The Hustle,""Feelin' It," "Dead Presidents," and "Brooklyn's Finest."
The single "Dead Presidents" was certified gold.

Reasonable Doubt was certified gold.

# 141 Singles Artist of the Year

Jay-Z released Volume 1, In My Lifetime with tracks "The City Is Mine" and "Sunshine."

# 44 Singles Artist of the Year

Volume 1, In My Lifetime was certified gold.

Jay-Z appeared in the film Streets Is Watching and appeared on the soundtrack with the tracks "It's Alright," "Love For Free," "Only A Customer," "In My Lifetime" (remix), and "Celebration."

Volume 2, Hard Knock Life was released. Jay-Z could be heard on rap and even pop radio with his hits "Hard Knock Life" and "Can I Get A, " and his videos became a staple on MTV.

Volume 2, Hard Knock Life topped the Billboard 200 Albums chart for 5 weeks and the R&B Albums chart for 6 weeks.

Volume 2, Hard Knock Life was certified 2x platinum.
Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)."

Volume 2, Hard Knock Life was certified 3x platinum.
Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "Can I Get A, "
Rolling Stone named Jay-Z the Best Hip-Hop Artist of the Year.
Jay-Z topped the Billboard Year-End Charts as the Top R&B Album Artist and Top R&B Album Artist - Male.

# 26 Singles Artist of the Year

Jay-Z won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Album (Volume 2, Hard Knock Life) and was nominated for Best Rap Solo Performance ("Hard Knock Life"wink and Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group ("Money Ain't A Thang" with Jermaine Dupri). Jay-Z boycotted the awards ceremony ", because too many major rap artists continue to be overlooked, Rappers deserve more attention from the Grammy committee and from the whole world. If it's got a gun everybody knows about it, but if we go on a world tour, no one know." A spokesperson for Jay-Z said after the awards: "If they want to give us awards, we'll take them. But we aren't gonna drop everything and run to the show to get a small pat on the head when they don't even air the award he won."
Volume 2, Hard Knock Life was certified 4x platinum and Volume 1, In My Lifetime was certified platinum.

The single "Hard Knock Life" was certified gold.

Jay-Z and DMX donated 1-night's worth of concert profits to the families of the Columbine victims when their Hard Knock Life tour hit Denver. Jay-Z told MTV: "We decided to donate the proceeds from this show as soon as we saw the date on the schedule."
Jay-Z returned to the Top 40 with "Can I Get A, "

Jay-Z hit the Top 10 with "Can I Get A, "

Jay-Z was named Lyricist of the Year, Solo at the Source Hip-Hip Music Awards.
Jay-Z could be heard on the soundtrack for Blue Streak soundtrack with "Girls' Best Friend."

Jay-Z won a MTV Video Music Award for Best Rap Video ("Can I Get A, "wink and was nominated for Best Video from a Film and Viewer's Choice ("Can I Get A, "wink.
Jay-Z hit the Top 40 by helping out Mariah Carey on her hit "Heartbreaker."
Jay-Z topped the Billboard Rap Singles chart with "Jigga My, " for 2 weeks.

Jay-Z won a WB Radio Music Award for Song of the Year (Rhythm/Urban) ("Can I Get A, "wink.
Jay-Z hit the Top 10 with his contribution to Mariah Carey's "Heartbreaker" (which topped the Billboard Hot 100 for 2 weeks and the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Sales chart for 2 weeks and the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart for 2 weeks, the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart for 2 weeks, and the Billboard Maxi-Singles Sales chart for 8 weeks.

Jay-Z was arrested after turning himself in in New York for charges related to a stabbing the night before - he was later charged with 4 counts of assault, but maintained his plea of innocence.
Jay-Z released Volume 3, The Life & Times Of Shawn Carter at the end of the month with anticipation of selling over 1 million copies in the first week of release.
Jay-Z won a Billboard Music Award for Rap Artist of the Year.
Jay-Z hit #1 on Mariah Carey's hit "Heartbreaker."
Jay-Z topped the Billboard Year-End Chart-Toppers as the Top Hot Rap Artist.

# 39 Singles Artist of the Year

Jay-Z was nominated for an American Music Award for Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Artist.
Volume 3, The Life & Times Of Shawn Carter debuted at #1 on the LP charts selling less than half a million copies in its first week of release in the U.S. and topped the Billboard R&B Album chart for 2 weeks.
By the end of the month, a grand jury in New York indicted Jay-Z on 2 counts of attempted assault related to the alleged stabbing last December.

Jay-Z pleaded not guilty to the stabbing charges.
Volume 3, The Life & Times Of Shawn Carter was certified 2x platinum.

Volume 2, Hard Knock Life was certified 5x platinum.

Jay-Z won an Online Hip-Hop Award for Artist of the Year.

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "Big Pimpin'."

Jay-Z could be heard on the soundtrack for Nutty Professor II: The Klumps soundtrack with "Hey Papi."
Jay-Z could be heard on Busta Rhymes' LP, Anarchy, on the track "Why We Die."

The video "Big Pimpin'" was nominated for a MTV Video Music Award for Best Rap Video.

Jay-Z released his next LP, The Dynasty Rock La Familia 2000, on the last day of the month.

Jay-Z won a Radio Music Award for Artist of the Year: Hip Hop/Rhythmic. The Dynasty Rock La Familia 2000 debuted at #1 on the Pop and R&B/Hip-Hop LP charts.
Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with with "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It To Me)."

Jay-Z hit #1 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart with "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It To Me)" for 3 weeks.
The Dynasty Rock La Familia 2000 was certified 2x platinum.

# 29 Singles Artist of the Year

Jay-Z hit #1 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart for a week with "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It To Me)."

Jay-Z was nominated for 2 Grammy Awards for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group ("Big Pimpin'"wink and Best Rap Album (Volume 3, The Life & Times Of Shawn Carter).
Volume 3, The Life & Times Of Shawn Carter was certified 3x platinum. Jay-Z was nominated for a Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul or Rap Album (The Dynasty Rock La Familia 2000).

Jay-Z was nominated for a Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Artist - Rap.
Jay-Z was arrested in New York when a gun was found on his bodyguard.

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 helping out R. Kelly with "Fiesta."

Jay-Z hit #1 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart for 5 weeks and the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart for a week with "Fiesta" (with R. Kelly).
Jay-Z won a BET Award for Best Male Hip-Hop Artist.

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)."
Jay-Z's video for "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It To Me)" was nominated for a MTV Video Music Award for Best Rap Video. Jay-Z also performed at the ceremony.
Jay-Z won a Source Award for Artist of the Year - Solo.
Jay-Z released The Blueprint.
The Blueprint topped the Billboard 200 LP chart for 3 weeks and the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart for 3 weeks - selling over 426,000 copies in its 1st week of release in the US.
Jay-Z topped the MTV Top 20 Video Countdown with "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)."

The Blueprint was certified platinum.
Jay-Z performed at The Concert For New York City benefit concert in New York City (later released as an LP) with proceeds going to 9/11 charities.

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "Girls, Girls, Girls."

Jay-Z released Unplugged.
Jay-Z received 3 years probation for a 1999 stabbing.
Jay-Z topped Billboard Year-End Charts with the Top Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks ("Fiesta" with R. Kelly) and as the Top Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks Artist and the Top Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks Artist - Male.
Readers and critics of Rolling Stone voted Jay-Z as Best Hip-Hop Artist of the Year.

# 59 Singles Artist of the Year

Jay-Z was nominated for 3 Grammy Awards for Best Rap Solo Performance ("Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"wink, Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group ("Change The Game" featuring Beanie Sigel & Memphis Bleek), and Best Rap Album (The Blueprint).

Reasonable Doubt was certified platinum.
Jay-Z won a Soul Train Award for R&B/Soul or Rap Album of the Year (The Blueprint).
Jay-Z teamed up with R. Kelly for the LP The Best Of Both Worlds.

The Best Of Both Worlds topped the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Album chart.
The hits collection Chapter One: Greatest Hits was released overseas.

The Blueprint was certified 2x platinum and The Best Of Both Worlds was certified platinum.

Jay-Z appeared on the 8 Mile soundtrack with the track "8 Miles And Runnin'."

Jay-Z performed on Saturday Night Live.
Jay-Z released a 2-CD set, The Blueprint 2: The Gift And The Curse.
Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with help from Beyoncé Knowles on "'03 Bonnie & Clyde."
Jay-Z topped the Billboard Top 200 LP chart for a week and the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart for 2 weeks with The Blueprint 2: The Gift And The Curse selling over 545,000 copies its first week of release in the US.

The Blueprint 2: The Gift And The Curse was certified 3x platinum.

Jay-Z had moderate R&B and rap hits with the tracks "People Talking," "Jigga," "Take You Home With Me a.k.a. Body" (with R. Kelly), "Get This Money" (with R. Kelly), "Song Cry," "Somebody's Girl" (with R. Kelly), "Shake Ya Body" (with R. Kelly and Lil' Kim), and "Hovi Baby."

# 12 Singles Artist of the Year

Jay-Z hit the Top 10 with "'03 Bonnie & Clyde."

Jay-Z was nominated for a Soul Train Music Award with R. Kelly for R&B/Soul Album Group, Band or Duo (The Best Of Both Worlds).
Jay-Z was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance - Male ("Song Cry"wink.

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "Excuse Me Miss."
Jay-Z released Blueprint 2.1: Gift & Curse - the LP was shorter version of The Blueprint 2: The Gift And The Curse with 2 additional unreleased tracks.
Jay-Z topped the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart for a week and the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart with "Excuse Me Miss."
VH1: 50 Greatest Hip Hop Artists includes Jay-Z at # 10.
Jay-Z's signature athletic shoes became the fastest sellers in Reebok's history.
Jay-Z brought his viewpoints against the US war with Iraq with a remix of Panjabi MC's single "Beware Of The Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)."

Panjabi MC and Jay-Z topped the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Sales chart for a week with "Beware Of The Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)."

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 and then the Top 10 helping out Beyoncé Knowles on "Crazy In Love" from her LP Dangerously In Love.
Jay-Z and 50 Cent started touring together as part of the 'Rock The Mic Tour' kicking off in Connecticut.

Jay-Z topped the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for 8 weeks, the Hot 100 Airplay chart for 8 weeks, the Top 40 Tracks chart, the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart for 3 weeks, the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart for 4 weeks, the Hot Digital Tracks chart for 6 weeks, and the UK singles chart for 3 weeks helping out Beyoncé Knowles on "Crazy In Love."
Jay-Z could be heard on the Bad Boys 2 soundtrack with the track "La, La, La."
Jay-Z hit #1 for 7 weeks helping out Beyoncé Knowles on "Crazy In Love."

Jay-Z topped the Billboard Rhythmic Top 40 chart and Mainstream Top 40 chart with Beyoncé Knowles on "Crazy In Love."
Jay-Z's video for "'03 Bonnie & Clyde" was nominated for a MTV Video Music Award for Best Hip-Hop Video. His contribution to Beyoncé Knowles' "Crazy In Love" won for Best Female Video, Best Choreography (Frank Gatson, Jr.), and Best R&B Video, and was nominated for Viewer's Choice. Jay-Z also performed at the ceremony.
Jay-Z topped the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart for 6 weeks and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart for 5 weeks helping out Pharrell on "Frontin'" from The Neptunes Presents, The Clones compilation.
Jay-Z could be heard on Mary J. Blige's LP, Love & Life, on the track "Love & Life."

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 helping out Pharrell on "Frontin'."
Jay-Z topped the Billboard Hot Dance Music / Club Play chart helping out Beyoncé Knowles on "Crazy In Love."

Jay-Z released The Black Album.
Jay-Z topped the Billboard 200 LP chart for 2 weeks and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Album chart for 3 weeks with The Black Album. The LP sold over 463,000 copies in the US during its first shortened week of release.
Jay-Z was honored at the Vibe Awards with the TuBig Award. Jay-Z also won an award for Coolest Collabo along with Beyoncé Knowles for "Crazy In Love."
Jay-Z could heard on Missy Elliott's LP This Is Not A Test on the track "Wake Up."
Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "Change Clothes."

Jay-Z topped the ARC Top Songs of 2003 along with Beyoncé Knowles with "Crazy In Love."
Rolling Stone: The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time: # 248: Reasonable Doubt, # 464: The Blueprint.

# 16 Singles Artist of the Year

The Black Album was certified 2x platinum.
Jay-Z won 2 Grammy Awards for Best R&B Song (awarded to the songwriter) ("Crazy In Love" with Rich Harrison, Beyoncé Knowles and Eugene Record) and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration ("Crazy In Love" with Beyoncé Knowles), and was also nominated for Record of the Year, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration ("Frontin'" with The Neptunes and Pharrell), Best Rap Album (The Blueprint 2: The Gift And The Curse), and Best Rap Song (songwriter) ("Excuse Me Miss" with Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams).

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "Dirt Off Your Shoulder."

Jay-Z released The Black Album: Acappella (Billboard peak: 106).

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 with "99 Problems."
Jay-Z won 2 BET Awards for Best Male Hip-Hop Artist and Best Collaboration ("Crazy In Love"wink.

The video for "99 Problems" won 4 MTV Video Music Awards for Best Rap Video, Best Direction (Mark Romanek), Best Cinematography (Joaquin Baca-Asay), and Best Editing, and was also nominated for Video of the Year, and Best Male Video.

Jay-Z won a Source Award for Lyricist of the Year.
Jay-Z released The Best Of Both Worlds: Unfinished Business with R. Kelly.
Jay-Z's fall tour with R. Kelly was cancelled one night after Kelly was allegedly pepper sprayed by a member of Jay-Z's entourage at a show in New York which resulted in Kelly leaving his set complaining of security concerns. Jay-Z ended up performing longer for the show with special guests.
The single "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" was certified gold.

Jay-Z announced he would finish tour dates without R. Kelly and instead have special guests at the remaining dates.
Jay-Z topped the Billboard 200 LP chart with The Best Of Both Worlds: Unfinished Business with R. Kelly selling over 215,000 copies in the US its first week of release.
Jay-Z won an American Music Award for Favorite Rap Male Artist and was nominated for Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album.
Jay-Z collaborated with Linkin Park on MTV Ultimate Mash-Ups Presents Jay-Z / Linkin Park: Collision Course with the track "Numb/Encore."
Jay-Z and Linkin Park topped the Billboard Hot Digital Tracks chart with "Numb/Encore."

MTV Ultimate Mash-Ups Presents Jay-Z / Linkin Park: Collision Course topped the Billboard 200 LP chart for a week and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart for a week selling over 368,000 copies its first week of release.
Jay-Z was named president and CEO of Def Jam Records.
The Best Of Both Worlds: Unfinished Business was certified platinum.
Jay-Z's "99 Problems" was chosen by Rolling Stone magazine's critics as the best single of the year.

# 92 on the Top Pop Artists of the Past 25 Years chart.

# 96 Singles Artist of the Year

Jay-Z won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance ("99 Problems"wink and was nominated for Best Rap Album (The Black Album), and Best Rap Song (awarded to the songwriter) ("99 Problems"wink.
Jay-Z won a Soul Train Music Award for R&B/Soul or Rap Music Video ("99 Problems"wink.
The single "Numb/Encore" was certified gold.

The single "Numb/Encore" was certified platinum.

Jay-Z could be heard on Memphis Bleek's 534 with "Dear Summer."

The single "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" was certified platinum.

On July 2nd, Jay-Z performed in Philadelphia as part of the worldwide Live 8 concerts. The mission of the concerts was to raise awareness of the on-going poverty in Africa and to pressure the G8 leaders to take action by doubling aid, canceling debt, and delivering trade justice for Africa.
MTV Ultimate Mash-Ups Presents Jay-Z / Linkin Park: Collision Course was certified platinum.

The Black Album was certified 3x platinum.

Jay-Z appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone.
Jay-Z could be heard on Mary J. Blige's LP The Breakthrough with "Can't Hide From Luv."
Jay-Z could be heard on The Notorious B.I.G. posthumous creation - Duets: The Final Chapter.

Jay-Z won a Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration ("Numb/Encore" with Linkin Park). Jay-Z also performed at the ceremony.

Jay-Z hit the Top 40 helping out Beyoncé Knowles on "Deja Vu" from her LP B'Day.

Jay-Z hit the Top 10 helping out Beyoncé Knowles on "Deja Vu."

Jay-Z topped the UK singles chart helping out Beyoncé Knowles on "Deja Vu."

Jay-Z topped the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, Hot Singles Sales chart and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Sales chart with Beyoncé Knowles with "Deja Vu."

Jay-Z will be ending his retirement with the release of the LP Kingdom Come on November 21st.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by donjazzie(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2006
na today.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by mrmetoo(m): 12:44am On Sep 28, 2006
All I know is Jay is best rapper alive. It took me time to appreciate him but pls let no one ever make the mistake of comparing Jay to 50, thats an insult to Jay. Why do u think Kanye stuck to him and not Damon Dash (although i know Kanye does his own thing)
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by Oracle(m): 2:59am On Sep 28, 2006
Jay z is a great rapper but i disagree with your statement stating him as the champion of rappers.

Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by donjazzie(m): 7:28am On Sep 28, 2006
if jayz is the best rapper alive with that resume i wonder wat jah will b sayin.

di u just say it is an insult to compare jay z and fifty.hell yeah it is i wonder wat jayz does as a rapper.no doubt him dey try.but all time heavy weight champion of rappers.dat na lie
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by kaydee(m): 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2006
Jay-Z neva waz the Heavy weight champion,The fact that he's one of the best selling artiste in the game doesn't mean he's the heavy weight champion. Eminem has sold more than him,so if heavy weight mean selling more Copies,then Eminem should be. Nas is the king of New York now and Jay-Z waz a major contender.Nas won.Don't ever open ur mouth to call Jay-Z King coz he knows he's not. HAil Nas!!!!!! The King of New York and automatically the King of Rap,The heavy weight champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by Nnekie(f): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2006
All this argument, he may not be the best but you gotta give the man this:
LYRICS
FLOW
AMBITON
FOCUS
CONSCIENCE
CHARITY
SELF-RESPECT
BEYONCE!
STREET APPEAL AND CLUB APPEAL
Not a lot of artists have all these on their CV! Hova did it his way - from Hood Rat to CEO! In like what, less that 10 years, that is sweat!
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by Nnekie(f): 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2006
Ah and the NAS saga, Nas is a punk. Fine the guy can spit, but at the end of the day what has he been doing for the past few years when Jigga was working his way up in life. Oh ma bad, now he follows Jay around when he is in concert eg at Jay's London gig recently. I was shocked. Talk about selling out. Money talks i guess, and Jay got the money and company, so Nas is gonna have to kiss a#*!
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by 9jaLady: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2006
How can you say Nas is kissing his azz when Jay-z has always, and is still on Nas' D**k. Nas doesnt have anything to prove to anyone, when Jay-z tried to sneak attack him, he got ethered. You see, in order for Jay-z to be considered king of NY, Nas had to go, but he messed up by going at Nas. Lets see him put out an album with no named up and coming producers, and without biting anyone's rhymes (like he does 24/7), and we'll see how good he really is.
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by donjazzie(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2006
Nnekie:

All this argument, he may not be the best but you gotta give the man this:
LYRICS
FLOW
AMBITON
FOCUS
CONSCIENCE
CHARITY
SELF-RESPECT
BEYONCE!
STREET APPEAL AND CLUB APPEAL
Not a lot of artists have all these on their CV! Hova did it his way - from Hood Rat to CEO! In like what, less that 10 years, that is sweat!

wat then will diddy say.then abt beyonce.wen B was no body diddy was diggin up j_LO ass.una never fit convince mi.jigga good no doubt but too much hype na him b dis
Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by kaydee(m): 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2006
Big up to 9ja_Lady,U understand the game betta than Nnekie.Tell her more coz that ain't enough.
Nas murdered the whole R.O.C and Jigga knows he's the illest in the game today. Tryna hook up with Nas coz he's gone make more dough than he ever made. Nas ain't doin the shit 4 dough.He refused to go Party but y'all know what he can do with party tracks.Go back and Listen to "Ouchi Walli Walli" or "U owe me"

I'm so angry i might start dissin the creator of this post.Why tryna hype ur Jigga when we all know who he's better than.

@ Nnekie
If u dunno somtin,don't holla bout it coz u might spark beef

Re: Jay-z Is D All Time Heavy Weight Of Champion Of Rappers.wot U Think' by donjazzie(m): 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2006
bros take am easy.nor jst provoke this one wey ur eye don dey red.make u nor beat person black and blue for hewre

@nnekie how u go yarn dat kind thing sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Know Contact Numbers Of Hot Djs In Naija? / Download New Music: Chidinma - Fallen In Love Mp3 / Funny Chats Between An Olosho (prostitute) And A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.