Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G (41362 Views)

I Have 50k, What Phone Can I Buy With It? (good Battery, Ram And 4G) / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network / Latest Get unlimited data On Airtel For 200#....works only with 2g (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by bodivi: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2015
SPECTRANET 4G LITE, the best 4G technology ISP provider,

call 08034398313 to get one

Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by kpaofame: 11:01am On Jul 16, 2015
Readonee35L:

It's My birthday Tho

Happy Birthday enjoy LLNP
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by brirold(m): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2015
glo nor bi am at all... so tired of their poor connection.

Tired of asking pple around to take photos of you. Want to take group photos with no member excluded. Den u need a Monopod Selfie Stick..

Also,

Want to transfer files from between ur Smartphones/Tablets/Computers with ease (Plug and play, no cable required). Den u need OTG Flash Drive for Smartphones/Tablets/Computers

Also,
Working late at night on ur laptops and finding it difficult to see ur keyboard very well or need a quick reading lamp to use on ur power bank... Den u need 'Mini Light for laptops and powerbank'

For more information... Pls check my signature/profile.
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by shomutuski(m): 11:34am On Jul 16, 2015
Mtn 3G - presence of 3g with bb logo
Speed- 2go takes 3days to open, facebook takes 2hrs to open
Download speed- 500byte per minute.

MTN- manage this network
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by trendytrendz: 11:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Readonee35L:
3.5G Hspa is approximately 4G which is what most service providers Show on there phone,
4G is still 3g to those who have some bold5 or samsung including Htc too that shows 4g what u av is 3.5g but it's just approximate it.

The Main 4G Network Is LTE, which is very fast no doubt, but even 3.5g in most countries is faster than our spectranet, smile or swift LTE speeds

3.5G on its own is a beast if you use it in advanced countries you know our mtn and co is bull shit, not to talk of real 4g lte

What these swift and spectranet e.t.c are doing is just giving us good 3.5g speeds but broadcasting them through 4g receptions
Imagine a LTE network that can't download at 2mbps even quality 3.5g can achieve up to 6mbps download speed

It's My birthday Tho
my smile speed hits 25mbps

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by luthorcorp: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2015
I tink naija is still operating on ½g mtn should be less than that... ;DI tink naija is still operating on ½g mtn should be less than that...
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by free37: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Hmm...
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2015
okosodo:
What of 5G and 6G?
Hmmmmmm
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by kenoz(m): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by Baddestguyp(m): 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
hotspec:
Never knew 3G existed in Nigeria until i relocated to Lagos last week. It used to be H or H+.
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by Mariojane(f): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
7footre:
This write up no concern Glo at all at all cos their 3.5G na still edge
cheesy cheesy cheesy edge or EDGE
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by ziccoit: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
STEVENcrack:
Etisalat 3G is equal to or greater than = > MTN 18g Zain 118G and GLO 1118G.
Etisalat is so fast dat even if u are inside d swimming pool with your smart Phone or inside the blast furnance e go still dey fast. Even after Ramadan etisalat go still dey fast

Talking from experiece.

Also etisalat 1GB data plan is more than zain 2.5GB plan.

Its not funny so don't quote me..Quote me @ ur own peril.

I was using MTN Hynet which is supposed to be a WiMAX technology therefore a 4G for up to 3yrs. Recently, I switched over to Etisalta due to MTN hynet incessant downtime. My God, I have missed a lot locking myself with poor MTN. Etisalat speed test result is unbelievable and since then my MTN Hynet modem has been abandoned somewhere gathering dusts.
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by Readonee35L(m): 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
trendytrendz:
my smile speed hits 25mbps
That's not ur actual download speed
U'll be getting around 3-4 mb/s
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by STEVENcrack(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
ziccoit:

I was using MTN Hynet which is supposed to be a WiMAX technology therefore a 4G for up to 3yrs. Recently, I switched over to Etisalta due to MTN hynet incessant downtime. My God, I have missed a lot locking myself with poor MTN. Etisalat speed test result is unbelievable and since then my MTN Hynet modem has been abandoned somewhere gathering dusts.
My brother I would kindly advice u to burn it.
Those dusts it has gathered are suffering. Don't be held accountable for their blood.
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by niceguy7(m): 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
7footre:
This write up no concern Glo at all at all cos their 3.5G na still edge
Infact all those speeds are not for naija....maybe its for usa or uk people.
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by ziccoit: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
STEVENcrack:

My brother I would kindly advice u to burn it.
Those dusts it has gathered are suffering. Don't be held accountable for their blood.

Lol. Funny you!
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by AleAirHub(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
1G
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by menxer: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
the highest speed (download) I ve experienced is 7Mb/s on Etisalat 3.5G Naija
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by MAJOLAUTOS: 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
docphresh:
What of gprs, cause I do remember vividly then. . We used to say small g and big G . Then when network cums, a small box envelops the small g and then u know u r browsing.. after a while edge came.. And if yr phone was on edge.. U r the boss.. No body download in megabyte. . Only in kilobyte.

The era of Waptrick games and sharemobile.ro and Sefan.ru

gprs, though not shown in the picture, is 2.5g. It has an upward speed of about 384kbps. edge is also 2.5g but has a higher speed than that of GPRS. It's not there for business purposes as vendors would prefer selling the idea of 2g to 3G, etc. Be aware that the speed shown are just as theoretical since closeness to base station, coding techniques, technologies used, and your phone(does it support all the technologies to ensure the optimum speed?) can significantly impact the speed performance.

Other improvements not included in the figure are, HSPDA, HSPUA, and HSPA+ which is very close to 4G. More so, as said earlier , its sole purpose is marketing techniques as organisations like to make more money by pushing unrealistic and easy-to-understand terms to us.
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by MrBasketball: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
herald9:
My new phone is 3.5G. MTN dey try. But such things no concern airtel.

If I switch to 3G airtel go vex remove network.
You observed it too... Airtel is very useless.

Upon its main sim, i didn't put it in my phone for about 2 weeks now... Just inserted my 2 MTN sims in my phone which is far better for browsing.

Very poor network.
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by holyboss: 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
9jatatafo:

I kill rattle snake and scorpion. Let's make pepper soup.
sharp sharp, no time to waste.

You get coal pot? or na gas cooker Una get shocked

na only electric cooker I get and light no dey

maggi? salt? onions?

Infact make I enter market come back... wink
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by 9jatatafo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
holyboss:
sharp sharp, no time to waste.

You get coal pot? or na gas cooker Una get shocked

na only electric cooker I get and light no dey

maggi? salt? onions?

Infact make I enter market come back... wink

I get coal pot, kerosene stove, gas cooker and electric cooker so no slacking. I will prepare the snake meat while you do the needful in the market. I will tell Eze to get 50 litres of fresh palm wine from Adekola while Adamu will deliver it.
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by Nuzo1(m): 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
okosodo:
What of 5G and 6G?

Works are in progress to create 5G for commercial use by 2020.
That will run at 10Gigs per second. Powerful!
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by chukslawrence(m): 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
docphresh:
What of gprs, cause I do remember vividly then. . We used to say small g and big G . Then when network cums, a small box envelops the small g and then u know u r browsing.. after a while edge came.. And if yr phone was on edge.. U r the boss.. No body download in megabyte. . Only in kilobyte.

The era of Waptrick games and sharemobile.ro and Sefan.ru
Mobege, dedomil, wapking e.t.c. And the changing of IP address cheat... My 6230i den hmmmm, rip jawe
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by holyboss: 5:50am On Jul 17, 2015
9jatatafo:

I get coal pot, kerosene stove, gas cooker and electric cooker so no slacking. I will prepare the snake meat while you do the needful in the market. I will tell Eze to get 50 litres of fresh palm wine from Adekola while Adamu will deliver it.
grin

50litres of pami shocked bros, I no dey for that one Ooo..

Just serve me with the head of the snake, d scorpion head and dry gin plus daura weed undecided
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by 7footre(m): 6:27am On Jul 17, 2015
Mariojane:
cheesy cheesy cheesy edge or EDGE
No difference
Re: Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G by Talentgift: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2015
I prefer nothing but the 5G mode cos life is too short to start waiting for no reason

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else / Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus Review - 6,000mah Battery King / Star W450 MTK6582 Android 4.2 Smartphone - Spec & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.