Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S (1167 Views)

Senegalese Marabouts Compel Buhari To Order Closure Of Aso Rock Church / Senegalese Marabouts Compel Buhari To Order Closure Of Aso Rock Church / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by salterswan: 12:08am On Jul 16, 2015
On Monday, the Nigerian Pilot quoted Thomas-Greenfield as saying “As a policy, we will continue to press the government of Nigeria, as well as other governments which have provided legislation that discriminates against the LGBT community.

“This is very much a work in progress, but I think you will agree with me that the law in Nigeria really went far in discriminating against this community, but also people who associate with them.

“So we will continue to press the government, to press the legislature to change these laws and provide human rights for all Nigerian people, regardless of their sexual orientation.”

She went on to state that “With what is happening in the US, you can determine how far we are willing to go.”

In conclusion, she said “So we are prepared to push this as a policy, not just in Africa but across the world.”

Femi Adesina, Spokesperson to President Muhammad Buhari, has further escalated the fear in many Nigerians, that the Government has plans to repeal the Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Act passed into law by the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan administration.

Adesina did this while providing the itinerary of the President’s 4-day US trip.

In a press statement released on Wednesday, the Presidential spokesperson stated emphatically that Buhari’s talks with Obama would only focus on security, trade and economic ties.

Adesina’s statement completely ignored the statement made by the US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, where she stated clearly, that talks between both Presidents would include a proposal for the reversal of the Nigerian law on same-sex marriages. Read what obama whats to discuss with Buhari here: http://www.post-nigeria.com/buhari-remains-coy-over-gay-rights-negotiations-with-obama/

Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by kodded(m): 12:12am On Jul 16, 2015
H
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by Adanyebe(m): 12:13am On Jul 16, 2015
i command him to remain like dat
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Oga Femi, the truth is that u guys are not reliable!!! I dnt trust u guys

2 Likes

Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by mensdept: 1:04am On Jul 16, 2015
So he is going all the way to meet Obama, and amongst millions of issues, Obama wants to talk about Gay? Why? Is that going to build our long neglected roads and factories? Is that going to transform Africa into a place of modern health infrastructure and the likes? Or do they have to force the African man to go accept the unacceptable?

When we build our country, then after we can debate all the nonsense that isn't important
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by COvo(m): 2:18am On Jul 16, 2015
If this thread reach front page ehn,I go stay ontop tree till everybody comment finish.
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by AgentOfAllah: 5:51am On Jul 16, 2015
They should repeal the invasive law already! My word! In the mean time, Buhari should also pile pressure on the US the repeal any laws banning polyamorous marriages.
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by ogba20: 6:20am On Jul 16, 2015
kodded:
H
. How will buhari communicat wt obama? Becos this man english na bomb. As in some time it beat my imagination, he is jus a disgrace on dis aspect whch is very important. I pity him any way

1 Like

Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by olasmith10(m): 6:45am On Jul 16, 2015
Still another media propaganda!!!
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by olasmith10(m): 6:49am On Jul 16, 2015
ogba20:
. How will buhari communicat wt obama? Becos this man english na bomb. As in some time it beat my imagination, he is jus a disgrace on dis aspect whch is very important. I pity him any way

how did he communicate with David Cameron,Angela Merkel, and banki Mon...?

Plus, dis ur own English na wetin?
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by joseph1832(m): 6:51am On Jul 16, 2015
The U.S should really learn to stop interfering in the affairs of sovereign states.

If they choose to legalize gay laws in U.S, its okay, but to interfere and seek ways of shoving their opinions down our throats is un called for.

And while the feel speaking against the LGBT community is discriminating, I wonder how they feel about the weed smoking community? Funny they didn't see banning the smoking of weed weed as discriminating, because many of the LGBT community smoke weed too. So what tha hell!!!.

The U.S has always shown to be hypocritical, if they want us to welcome the LGBT community, they should first welcome paedophiles and weed smokers. They should make the legal age for sex 13 and lift all ban placed on weed! If gays have right to choose who they have sex with, I also have right to choose what I smoke. Its that simple.

However, I believe PMB will show Obama that he can not be cajoled. And Obama shouldn't forget that in the presence of PMB, "HE IS A BLOODY CIVILIAN"
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by Bobbystanley(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2015
Buhari I'm sure would legalize gay marriage in Nigeria.

This is the Change the notherners and their western slaves asked for.
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by Bobbystanley(m): 6:58am On Jul 16, 2015
olasmith10:

how did he communicate with David Cameron,Angela Merkel, and banki Mon...?

Plus, dis ur own English na wetin?

By calling her president Mitchelle and called banki moon Banky W.

Cameron could no longer tolerate his bad english and walked away
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by olasmith10(m): 7:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Bobbystanley:

By calling her president Mitchelle and called banki moon Banky W.
Cameron could no longer tolerate his bad english and walked away
so Cameron phoned u or sent an emial to u and discussed all dis with u?
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by PRYCE(m): 7:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Coy? That's no representation of how Nigerians feel about it
Re: We will compel Buhari to accept same sex marriage - U.S by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
Why do our tabloid not reason before putting pen to paper? Or is that they are so eager to churn out words that they feel the masses would be itching to hear? Even though it's nothing but baseless and unverifiable information.

What the US (amidst the west) are actually clamouring for is the removal of the stupid 14 years law, as it gives people toom for all manner of hate attacks and discrimination against the gay/lesbian people.

ny right-thinking gay person in Nigeria (myself included) would NOT be clamouring for gay marriage in Nigeria tight now, so I wonder where people get all these false headlines they keep putting upin the papers. Someone must be getting paid heavily

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is The Most Important Country In Africa, Says US Official / See Mom And Daughter Who Work In The Same Office But Don't Recognize Themselves! / Photos: 8 Things You Did Not Know About The Late Chief Oladeinde Fernandez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.