Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? (1205 Views)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? / My Boss And I(he Wouldnt Pay Me Nor Sack Me) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? by saintsola(m): 11:33am On Sep 25, 2006
just got a new job that offers me twice my present earnings but it's a one man firm.To resume october 3rd,without any letter of employment until after my resumption.
what do u suggest?i am trapped in the money.
Re: Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? by yahoo2(m): 11:47am On Sep 25, 2006
One man company can sack one at anytime without notice. And this one without appointment letter ehn, na wao. Follow your heart man
Re: Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? by gbonju: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2006
Hi,

There's no harm in trying as it might not be bad afterall. What do you think of the place when you went for inetrview? If they dont give appointment letter soon enough after resumption you have a choice to resign.Dont You?
Re: Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? by Obeto(m): 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2006
Hi Friend,

Don't be entrapped with the money. One man bus. stuff is never reliable. What does it take to issue an appointment letter. I believe if they are for real, they should have some templates. If you are currently working in a corporate organisation, stay back.

I also had an experience of this sort. I had two employment opportunities to choose from. I went for the one man business because of what was obtainable. I was owed till I almost became frustrated. When it's time to pay salary, all eyes goes red. Salary will be paid in bit and pieces till it becomes useless. I worked for a long time, but I couldn't point out a single reasonable thin I did with my money.

Anyway still allow God to give you divine directives.

I wish u Luck!!!
Re: Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? by Tywoh(f): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2006
Pls dont be trapped with the money.
iT IS BETTER TO BE IN A PLACE WHERE YOUR JOB IS SECURED.
Even in terms of welfare packages, one-man biz does not have dat.
Except you are going to be part of the top level mangement.
If no, I advice you wait on God till a better offer comes your way.
"One man food is another's poison".
There might be other qualitative factors to be considered. Make enogh enquiries b4
you are trapped.
Wishing you the best.
Re: Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? by AfricaFace(f): 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2006
Hi Boy,

Can yu take a casual leave from your old office and go and resume in the new one man business office. take few days to tudy the environment fast. check out the process of the organisation, their past history, employee/employer relzationship, how any pple have been acked /resigned and why. Just get into this through the owners driver, PA and even the security guys . boy it must be foward ever . if you get on well with your findings , then go and resign in your old office.

All the best
Re: Sole Proprietor Wants To Pay Me Double Salary: Advisable? by MyPeace(f): 10:32am On Sep 26, 2006
I have once worked in a one man biz without employment letter, till i resigned on my own accord without any problem with them.

meaning that some of them are not structured to incorporate employment letter in their setting. And mind you, some one man biz is better than some PLCs.

As AFRIAFACE, rightly said, just take a casual leave, if your coy wdnt give you, tell them u are sick and check out the place for yourself

Some people fear change to the extent that they miss their luck, have a friend who is so bothered about job Security, hence has worked with a STATE MINISTRY, with below N25,000/month as a graduate for 2 years.   Please its all about the money, but shine your eyes.

(1) (Reply)

Consolidated Breweries / I Need Info On A Company Named Suburban Telecom / What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.