Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? (16480 Views)

Do Married Men Go Home After Work? / Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? / Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by sillyme(f): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2009
why do married men have affairs? do they ever love these other women or is it just about having a younger, pretty face?

and why are so many nigerian men unfaithful? and don't give me any pc answers. i know other men cheat too, but it is widely acceptable and expected in nigerian culture. why?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by georgee(m): 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2009
am not married oooooooooooo
But i wont cheat
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by yme1(f): 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2009
really honey
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by yme1(f): 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2009
@poster
I came across a man who was always cheatin on his wife and i asked him y.he said he was tired of eating same old soup(in his own words).
few of my ans

1)cos they are not satisfied with what they have
2)some of them do not get the right attention they need from their wives
3)some of them got married to the wrong partner

have got to go,when i get back i will complete it
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by fs(f): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2009
Married men (and women) cheat for various reasons, some of which they are even unaware of. It's not necessarily because the other woman is prettier, nicer, better, or anything. As far as I'm concerned, most of these things simply have to do with the heart of "man" being wicked/evil. Seriously. Not all men that cheat, cheat with younger women, or prettier women, or whatever. You have to go by each individual case to really figure it out.

Is it really expected in Nigerian culture? I ask because I'm truly ignorant about that. I thought, it was just easier to accept in Nigerian culture, as in many women don't divorce their spouses becaues of infidelity in Nigeria, but in say Western countries, one is more likely to. So it's not that it doesn't happen in the US/UK/etc as often as it does in Nigeria, the spouses are just more likely to get divorced because of it, while in Nigeria, the spouse is more likely to let it be? That's my theory.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by damzel: 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2009
Because they get bored and should try something new if they wish, big deal, is it not a shag?
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by CrazyMan(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2009
They do it because their wife’s aren’t caring.

Some do it because their wife’s deny them of sex whenever they need it; others do it for the fun of it.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by dozies: 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2009
In my opinion, cheating is an individual thing regardless of where you find yourself or your sex as in male/female. Just as every human have the tendency to sin or fall into temptation. sometimes it is out of curiousity, some other times adventure and yet some other times to ward off stress. there is absolutely no good reason to commit sin and my dear SIN is SIN regardless of what is involved.
WHAT we all should actually be concerned with is to emphasize the value of fidelity, Faithfullness and love; always strive to stay clear from doing things you cannot accept from others. There is always a temptation to step up the groove but the question should be does it worth it?. What of if the table is turned against you would you still feel thesame way. As far as I am concern a pious man that short pays his ignorant servant is as guilty as an adultrer. A fornicator ofcourse shares thesame fate sin is sin period there is no excuse for it.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Ifedisky(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2009
Adventure principally. Lotsa men cheat to break monotony
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by mrsb(f): 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2009
Well, from what I've seen, most men need variety and an ego boost. I have a friend who on paper is the perfect wife but her husband still has girlfriends - none as pretty, intelligent or as classy as his wife. Even worse, he really does love his wife and kids.

I personally feel that men are the weaker sex when it comes to infidelity and temptation. Women (especially in Nigeria) are very devious and manipulative and they put themselves on a plate. How many times can a guy turn down a freebie?! Especially when they are totally and utterly wankered after heavy drinking on a Friday night.

We just gotta pray for them all - apparently its "destructive behaviour" and its addictive. Lol, or so a Pastor's wife told me. We should pray for the husbands and also for the Ho's (!!) - not an easy task.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Pataki: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
Men love adventure in whatever form that interests them. To some, adventure could be traveling, driving, fighting, reading, partying, or womanising.

If you are unlucky to have a man whose adventure lies in conquering different sets of women, well . . . . . . . undecided
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Winnergal(f): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2009
Cos they've always been that way, it certainly did not happen overnight after they got married . . .
So the question should be: why do cheaters continue to cheat even after they get married? cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Ben13: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2009
sometimes, it's not the will of the so-called "cheating men"
to have affairs even when they are married.

some men get married and learnt the practices from their wives.

some women are good teacherscheaters undecided
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Winnergal(f): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2009
Ben20001:

sometimes, it's not the will of the so-called "cheating men"
to have affairs even when they are married.

some men get married and learnt the practices from their wives.

some women are good teacherscheaters undecided

I know one thing for sure that unmarried nigerian women have multiple partners before they get married. The percentage of cheating married men are higher than that of married women. So i don't buy the idea that Nigerian women teach or encourage our men to cheat undecided
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by yme1(f): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2009
i too do not think our married nigerian women encourage the naija men to cheat,though partially true but not in full support of it
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Ben13: 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2009
the wife's ill reaction to sex and all it's ingredients can also be responsible for the husband's multi-million concubines undecided
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by tytylayor: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2009
talking from my lil experience

i tink most young married men starts aving an affair wen their wife is heavy (pregnant),
and once they r into it, they wont want to stop

another one is if a man marries the woman they dont really like,
like a neighbour of mine, he marries d wife coz he impregnates her at a tender age and he was even her tutor den, so d girl's father now insist on d man marrying her daughter.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by davidif: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
mrsb

I personally feel that men are the weaker sex when it comes to infidelity and temptation.

Some men just can't help it, for some its just in there nature, that is why one always has to pray for self control. The bible says watch and pray lest you fall into temptation. A lot of godly men don't even do this and you wonder why some do stumble, they think they are matured christians whereas the bible says, "let he who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall".

Women (especially in Nigeria) are very devious and manipulative and they put themselves on a plate. How many times can a guy turn down a freebie?!

Thank you o jare, the bible says that whoever looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery in his heart but what do you think God would do to that lady who causes her brother to stumble either with some outfit or with her seductive behavior, afterall, God is a God of justice. The bible says it repeatedly that we should NOT do things that would make our brother stumble, its amazing how many naija so called christians are not sensitive to these things, heck, the pastors barely even focus on this things.

By the way, this is one of the reasons why i don't wanna marry a naija girl, they are too aggressive, sassy, snobbish, condescending and too matters worse they are not nurturing. Some are not even trust worthy at all. So sad.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Fhemmmy: 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
davidif:

mrsb

Some men just can't help it, for some its just in there nature, that is why one always has to pray for self control. The bible says watch and pray lest you fall into temptation. A lot of godly men don't even do this and you wonder why some do stumble.

Thank you o jare, the bible says that whoever looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery in his heart but what do you think God would do to that lady who causes her brother to stumble either with some outfit or with her seductive behavior, afterall, God is a just God. The bible says that we should do things that would make our brother stumble, its amazing how many naija so called christians are not sensitive to these things.

Also, this is one of the reasons why i don't wanna marry a naija girl, they are too aggressive, sassy and they are not nurturing. Some are not even trust worthy at all. So sad.

Hahahahaha.
that is a funny one
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Nezed(f): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2009
I think the answer to that question is another question:

1. WHY DO SINGLE LADIES SLEEP WITH MARRIED MEN and

2. WHY DO MARRIED WOMEN SLEEP WITH MEN OTHER THAN THEIR HUSBANDS?

When we answer these questions, we shall not need ask why 'Married men have affairs' cos they shall be none.

So ladies,

Do the right thing, Leave 'em married men ALONE!
When they disturb you, refer 'em to their Wifey (afterll, u were around when they hooked up with the other).
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by davidif: 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2009
nezed, ose jare (thank you very much), our girls have no form of decency, it is so shameful at times.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2009
in some way, shape or form, they are unhappy and
go outside of the relationship to search for what they are lacking.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by infogenius(m): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2009
It only takes the special grace of God to remain a faithful husband.

The marriage is an institution sealed by God so the devil tries to break that convenant.

The truth is that if you have never dated two girls at once as a bachelor when you marry,you will date 10 chics.It is just another force that works against marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by spikedcylinder: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2009
That's the big [size=19pt]?[/size] cheesy
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by last2laugh: 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2009
I have thought about that too. I´m from Europe but I have a lot of experience in Nigerian men. In my country some men cheat too, but it´s very forbidden and in most cases leads to divorce. It was a shock for me to learn how men can be so calculative and two-faced, and I´m talking about Nigerians now. In my case and the other ones I know, men have assumed that they will just lie, and if the lie doesn´t go through, then they will apologize and assume everything continues like it used to.

In my opinion, men cheat because they can. I don´t believe most regret cheating, but regret getting caught. Things like not getting enough sex from a spouse etc are just excuses. If the reason is something like the man doesn´t love the wife, is bored with the wife, then the answer is a divorce, not cheating.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by ayomidej(f): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2009
In satisfaction at home grin
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by davidif: 6:33am On Aug 25, 2009
I have thought about that too. I´m from Europe but I have a lot of experience in Nigerian men. In my country some men cheat too, but it´s very forbidden and in most cases leads to divorce. It was a shock for me to learn how men can be so calculative and two-faced, and I´m talking about Nigerians now. In my case and the other ones I know, men have assumed that they will just lie, and if the lie doesn´t go through, then they will apologize and assume everything continues like it used to.

In my opinion, men cheat because they can.

Yep, you are right.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Fiona0007: 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
@why do married men have affairs?
Because they are married.  It will not be labelled as affairs for unmarried men no matter how many girls they are hanging out with.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by davidif: 6:36am On Aug 26, 2009
fiona, ha ha ha ha, that is so true. he he he.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by tglaz(m): 10:49am On Aug 26, 2009
Basically, this is an issue that has remained an eye sore and the simple truth of it is that most men that indulge in the act cannot simply control their lustful desires.
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by Fiona0007: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2009
davidif:

fiona, ha ha ha ha, that is so true. he he he.
Just common sense smiley
Re: Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? by akintun: 12:16am On Aug 27, 2009
Married men have affairs becos single women are promiscuous.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Raising A Child To Speak English In Nigeria: Is It Proper? / Can This Happen In Our Country Nigeria Mother And Son (PHOTO) / Find A Way, Not An Excuse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.