Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

7 inventors killed by their Inventions - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 inventors killed by their Inventions (56406 Views)

16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide / Inventors Who Were Killed By Their Own Inventions / Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by akigbemaru: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
(7 inventors killed by their Inventions)
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by AIG07: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

FALACY!!!

1. Faraday ain't French
2. He didn't die with relation to electricity.
3. Farady died in his old age!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Faraday

Please share this post as much as u can. Our Teachers can lie! shocked
I was wondering too. Asking myself is t d same faraday I learned about. That dude is a rare genius working wit the likes of Davy in d 17th century. I just love d man-cos no matter his achievement he sticked to his believe. Denying an invitation from d british to join other scientist to create a chemical weapon to be use against enemies. Inventors with HUMANITY IN MIND!

1 Like

Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
elbaraj001:
Micheal Faraday...he was a french born scientist, he invented electricity...but during d test of his invention he forgot that electrons can not be stoped with hand so he tried stopping the flow of electrons with and unfortunately he was electrocuted and that was how he died....R.I.P...Faraday
why do Nigerians like lying like this? undecided
The story doesn't even make sense. How can a man of Faraday's genius make such a stupid mistake? Stopping flow of electrons of his hand?

Mtcheeeeeeeew. undecided
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by plendil: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
elbaraj001:
Micheal Faraday...he was a french born scientist, he invented electricity...but during d test of his invention he forgot that electrons can not be stoped with hand so he tried stopping the flow of electrons with and unfortunately he was electrocuted and that was how he died....R.I.P...Faraday

Totally false. He died of natural causes
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Michael Faraday ke?
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by Slimzjoe(m): 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

FALACY!!!

1. Faraday ain't French

Talk true!! ;0 Mehn....our Teachers Where Wack!
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by simdam500(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Well done op
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by RealEstate36: 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Na wa! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by Tomasboy(m): 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Heard the Dude who Discovered electricity was Killed by it
yeah, Faraday i think
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by daveP(m): 12:14am On Jul 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
her
actually an abbrev. Of HIS-tory. Gracias anyway!
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by possibilita(m): 4:58am On Jul 23, 2015
What abt michael faraday?
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by RobinHez(m): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:

FALACY!!!
1. Faraday ain't French
possibilita:
What abt michael faraday?
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by free37: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2015
Nice.
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2015
they paid the ultimate price!
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by Koolking(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:
6. Perillos of Athens

Of all the inventors on this list, this guy may be the one who most deserved to die at the hand of his own invention. Perillos was a bronze worker who designed a device called the Brazen Bull to be used to painfully execute criminals. The Brazen Bull was a hollow bull. Prisoners were locked inside and roasted to death by a fire underneath. The device was even designed to channel the screams of the burning prisoner out of its nose to sound like a bull. Perillos pitched his invention to Phalaris, a tyrant lord of Acragas in Sicily. After Perillos showed Phalaris the bull, the inventor was put inside and a fire was lit underneath him. History isn't clear about if Perillos was pulled out before dying, only to be thrown off a cliff by Phalaris' men, or if he expired within the bull. Either way, the bull did him in.

Crazy dude meets horrible end. His invention wouldn't have made any positive impact to the world.
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by nellyelitz(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2015
Michael Faraday nkor... Abi na water kill am
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by paschenko(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2015
khachee:
8. Baba sunday ; *sobs* that man died while producing his otapiapia and gum ekute that has been helping our neighbourhood reduce the population of insects and rodents, the news was that he has been inhaling the toxic chemicals he uses in producing the insecticides and pesticide...he was dieing slowly and no one knew about it. angry

R.I.P to the dead

O'boy I take God name beg U I no fit laff. Rotfl... RIP to baba Sunny, he truly deserves a medal of valor or Nobel mention for service to Humanity cos the rate @ which rodents and insects dey worry person e no funny at all. Reminds me of boda(Broda) Segun who tried to illegally connect a ghetto community wit Nepa lyt and ended up been blinded by electrocution. #@ times someone's goodwill can send him to an early grace, serving humanity no be beans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:
The life of an inventor is not an easy one. First you have to come up with a good idea that solves a problem in a way that no one has thought of before, and then you need to design and engineer your idea to take it from theory to reality. The very nature of invention means that inventors are continuously pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. This drive to discover the next Big Thing has been a boon to humanity and has given us inventions like the steam engine, the automobile and the personal computer. It's the major reason why we're still not huddled in caves fighting off wolves and cowering at the crack of thunder.

But invention is a fickle mistress and has proved to be a dangerous undertaking for many a would-be Edison. Things go wrong, inventions break or don't work as the designers intended, and sometimes inventors are killed by the very ideas they brought to life. We've compiled some of the sad but fascinating stories of seven inventors who died at the hand of their inventions. Let their stories serve as lessons for those of us who dream big.

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/photos/7-inventors-killed-by-their-inventions/tragic-irony

Wow! How did i almost miss this awesome thread? Well, by His grace, i'll be one of the successful inventors known globally as soon as God wants it to prevail. I shall not die in the hands of the inventions, but will rather live to reap from my invention and pushes for more inventions for the betterment of the world. So help me God!
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by RobinHez(m): 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
RedBenson:

Wow! How did i almost miss this awesome thread? Well, by His grace, i'll be one of the successful inventors known globally as soon as God wants it to prevail. I shall not die in the hands of the inventions, but will rather live to reap from my invention and pushes for more inventions for the betterment of the world. So help me God!
Amen!

But make sure the development of nigeria is ur main priority. wink
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by AIG07: 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:

Amen!

But make sure the development of nigeria is ur main priority. wink
and He should always have humanity in Mind. Unlike those who invented things that can annihilate man's race.

1 Like

Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by princemi(m): 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
how would u nt die when u av a name like smolinski??
Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 27, 2015
In which area will I be relevent and break my record? God please help me.

Re: 7 inventors killed by their Inventions by 556Hardelnwosu(m): 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
I need sponsor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide / Lion Kills Zookeeper In Kaduna (Photos) / How Poisonous Is This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.