Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials (8627 Views)

Osinbajo: Corrupt Officials Funding Anti-government Media War / My South/south Brothers, Whither You? / Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 7:02am On Jul 17, 2015
My Dear Great People,

There's been this trend especially during GEJ's tenure that the media and every other Nigerians outside the South East and South South seemed to project our politicians and government officials as corrupt. We all know that most Nigerian politcians are corrupt and it's not South East or South South thing alone.

To me, if any South East or South South governor/government official is found wanting, the present administration can go ahead and probe such person. However, if the administration decides to shield some certain set of people from It's zone/political party or any other zone from probe, that's it's business.

Let's see things this way, an attack on South East and South South politicians will send a message out there to whoever we vote for and will indeed make them buckle up. We need a corrupt free South East and South South, hence probing is welcomed.

When corruption has been eliminated from PDP, South East and South South, while others are set free to loot their regions dry, we all know what'll be the outcome right? Your guess is as good as mine.

[size=3pt] Cc barcanister, mogidi, dearpreye, whynotthetruth, oremussanctus, major466, biafranqueen, MizmyColi, Kaboninc, nortcentrallord, Ezenwammadu, SeverusSnape, lyntiffany, Sunnybobo3, peppyluv02, ECOTERRORS, lalasticlala, ishilove, tonychristopher...[/size]

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2015
However, if the administration decides to shield some certain set of people from his zone/political party or any other zone from probe, that's it's business.

angry
I disagree with you here Francizy.
We as a people will resist any attempt to further malign and subjugate us as a people, while under the very auspices of our collective resources. Mbanu!

This is a federation.
If it is good for Okoro, then it is equally good for Kabiru and Segun.

#GoFigure

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Icon4s(m): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2015
The message is addressed to the wrong audience. Take it to the Government houses in the SE/SS states.

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 17, 2015
Thanks for the message, brother, and good morning.

My brother, the anti corruption war in Nigeria is biased and has eyes. And I can't support any such campaign. If the campaign isn't holistic and genuine, I'll never support it.

A situation where only certain people from certain regions are witch hunted in the name of fighting corruption, is unfair and will never have my support.

Bro, the more you understand the Nigerian system, the more you will want to defend yours forever, even when they're in the wrong.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

angry
We as a people will resist any attempt to further malign and subjugate us as a people, while under the very auspices of our collective resources. Mbanu!

This is a federation.

#GoFigure

And what if Kabiru see's his bad as good enough for him?
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:
Thanks for the message, brother, and good morning.

Good morning, how is you doing?
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by SupremeTeam: 7:15am On Jul 17, 2015
Your Buhari should probe Southwest governors and the fool amaechi if he is sincere with this corruption war.

All I know is that Buhari is abusing institutions and the judiciary to clampdown on opposition figures.

Buhari is the corrupt one here.

Equity demands fairness and clean hands.

Buhari is not in anyway being fair but rather abusing his powers and office to clampdown on opposition figures.

Since he got sworn in the only thing we here is arrests and accusations.
Is that in anyway going to improve the life of the common man?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

And what if Kabiru see's his bad as good enough for him?

And who is he to determine that in a land guided by full constitutionality?

Either he bows to the rule of law or risk being booted out in the fullness of time!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

angry

This is a federation.

#GoFigure

Simple and straight. I've campaigned against my corrupt brothers until I saw the game in the bigger picture, and then realised there's some subtle attempt by some sinister folks to always have our own people portrayed in bad light. Once I understood that, I'm even willing to support Tompolo and other my brethren to use any means to enrich themselves. I just can't care less of the nation.

This nation is one huge pile of injustice. Take it too serious at your own peril.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 7:22am On Jul 17, 2015
SupremeTeam:
Your Buhari should probe Southwest governors and the fool amaechi if he is sincere with this corruption war.

All I know is that Buhari is abusing institutions and the judiciary to clampdown on opposition figures.

Buhari is the corrupt one here.

Equity demands fairness and clean hands.

Buhari is not in anyway being fair but rather abusing his powers and office to clampdown on opposition figures.

Since he got sworn in the only thing we here is arrests and accusations.
Is that in anyway going to improve the life of the common man?

Am no fan of Buhari, hence, I cancelled the "your" up there. You really don't get what am saying, if our politicians down South are made to develop fear of ending up in jail when they loot, maybe we will definitely experience the growth, impact and dividends of democracy we've long craved for..

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 7:24am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

And who is he to determine that in a land guided by full constitutionality?

Either he bows to the rule of law or risk being booted out in the fullness of time!

He is the son of the Fulani and the real owner of Nigeria.. cheesy grin
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by timilehing(m): 7:28am On Jul 17, 2015
All I see na thread full of bigotry

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:28am On Jul 17, 2015
its really painful to project Northern muslim govnors and politicians as corruption-free when we all know that they own and practice the act of corruption and embezzlement as part of their religious obligation with just the payment of zakat to purify their stolen wealth.

everyday in this buhari administration, i keep seeing the ZOO in Nigerian as projected by radiobiafra.

most painful fact is that the same North contributes NOTHING to the federation account but takes over 75% of all the money gotten fron oil from the SS , SE and Lagos taxes.

Buhari when will you probe kwankwaso, wamakko, yero, yuguda, babangida aliyu, dakingari, ameachi, tinubu, fashola and the rest of the criminals we know sponsored your journey to aso villa?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 7:29am On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:

Simple and straight. I've campaigned against my corrupt brothers until I saw the game in the bigger picture, and then realised there's some subtle attempt by some sinister folks to always have our own people portrayed in bad light. Once I understood that, I'm even willing to support Tompolo and other my brethren to use any means to enrich themselves. I just can't care less of the nation.

This nation is one huge pile of injustice. Take it too serious at your own peril.

Kponkwem!
Imagine those Swahili repotese claiming that Anyaoku ran to Buhari to beg for Jonathan. It is good Anyaoku has refuted such claims.
I'd gain about 90 pounds more if I stayed in the kitchen where these folks cook their lies and stuff.

Always quick to paint SE/SSers in bad light.

Sule Lamido was just recently sentenced to a remanding in prison till September, then his case gets transferred to ABJ where he is granted bail.

On returning, he is greeted by a crowd of jubilants.

I guess it was Angel Gabriel, who, like in the time of Paul and Silas, delivered him from impending doom.
No calls, coercing or cajoling were made.

Nonsense!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by SupremeTeam: 7:30am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Am no fan of Buhari, hence, I cancelled the "your" up there. You really don't get what am saying, if our politicians down South are made to develop fear of ending up in jail when they loot, maybe we will definitely experience the growth, impact and dividends of democracy we've long craved for..

Other than Amaechi no politician in the SS/SE ranks anywhere close to the Southwest broom weavers.

Buhari should start his fight there.

People like Fashola and Fayemi are getting cosy by the day in this his sham govt.

That is where the hypocrisy lies.

If a drug convict and kleptomaniac crook like Tinbu can be invited to have access in the corridors of power and dine with the president, then you should know Buhari's anti corruption is just to destroy whatever opposition is in existence.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 17, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
its really painful to project Northern muslim govnors and politicians as corruption-free when we all know that they own and practice the act of corruption and embezzlement as part of their religious obligation with just the payment of zakat to purify their stolen wealth.

everyday in this buhari administration, i keep seeing the ZOO in Nigerian as projected by radiobiafra.

most painful fact is that the same North contributes NOTHING to the federation account but takes over 75% of all the money gotten fron oil from the SS , SE and Lagos taxes.

Buhari when will you probe kwankwaso, wamakko, yero, yuguda, babangida aliyu, dakingari, ameachi, tinubu, fashola and the rest of the criminals we know sponsored your journey to aso villa?

That's why the nation, given its current system, will NEVER work.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 17, 2015
I'm not in support of any attempt to further portray any SS leader in bad light. We now have a better understanding of how the hypocritical system works.

Any youth from the SS that can get access to the billions stolen away from our region should get as much as possible.

Enough of the madness.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 7:35am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

He is the son of the Fulani and the real owner of Nigeria.. cheesy grin

AKA "Hegemoligarchy"
Lmao

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 7:35am On Jul 17, 2015
SupremeTeam:

Other than Amaechi no politician in the SS/SE ranks anywhere close to the southwest broom weavers.

Buhari should start his fight there.

People like Fashola and Fayemi are getting cosy by the day in this his sham govt.

That is where the hypocrisy lies.

If a drug convict and kleptomaniac crook like Tinbu can be invited to have access in the corridors of power and dine with the president, then you should know Buhari's anti corruption is just to destroy whatever opposition is in existence.

What about the yeye Rochas (worst thing to ever happen to Imo state)? Also, Oji Uzo Kalu?
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Kponkwem!
Imagine those Swahili repotese claiming that Anyaoku ran to Buhari to beg for Jonathan. It is good Anyaoku has refuted such claims.
I'd gain about 90 pounds more if I stayed in the kitchen where these folks cook their lies and stuff.

Sule Lamido was just recently sentenced to a remanding in prison till September, then his case transferred to ABJ where he is granted bail.

I guess it was Angel Gabriel, who, like in the time of Paul and Silas, delivered him from impending doom.

Nonsense!

My dear, I'm surely not in the mood to talk about these wickedly designed and orchestrated campaign of evil against our people, while the folks up North are potrayed as angels of light.

Of all the governors that were charged for corruption, only SS governors were jailed. And then someone expects me to take Nigeria seriously. No way.

The more you understand the wickedness in this animal farm, the angrier you become.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by slimfit1(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2015
I don't care when pdp get back to power they too can start prosecuting the apc government let it be going like that now.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Kponkwem!

Sule Lamido was just recently sentenced to a remanding in prison till September, then his case gets transferred to ABJ where he is granted bail.

Nonsense!
this is EPIC, Nne you are throwing the punches @ the right places

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:

brother, now lemme ask you this, of what benefit is Tompolo's gains to the common man? Not like I don't wish we get enrished tho, but it should be across boarder. Enrish all rather than one person. GEJ messed up for not ensuring he initiated the construction of a seaport in SS, that way, he would have empowered millions of people with that.

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by major466(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2015
A situation where high caliber corrupt people claim they will fight corruption is a huge joke. The fight against corruption is mere fight against enemies.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 7:54am On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:

My dear, I'm surely not in the mood to talk about these credulous designed and orchestrated campaign of evil against our people, while the folks up North are potrayed as angels of light.

Of all the governors that were charged for corruption, only SS governors were jailed. And then someone expects me to take Nigeria seriously. No way.

The more you understand the wickedness in this animal farm, the angrier you become.

Brother you need to get my point here oh, am not saying the act is good but if it will help us, let them go ahead. Now compare the poverty rate of the north and the south, which is more poverty ridden? My question is based on the bolded..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

brother, now lemme ask you this, of what benefit is Tompolo's gains to the common man? Not like I don't wish we get enrished tho, but it should be across boarder. Enrish all rather than one person. GEJ messed up for not ensuring he initiated the construction of a seaport in SS, that way, he would have empowered millions of people with that.

Brother, Tompolo is of enormous benefits to his immediate clan. I've about 12 friends who are still benefitting from him. I know them.

The system wasn't designed to benefit all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Brother you need to get my point here oh, am not saying the act is good but if it will help us, let them go ahead. Now compare the poverty rate of the north and the south, which is more poverty ridden? My question is based on the bolded..

Brother, I got your message very clearly. I do. But I was trying to tell you the wicked dynamics that's playing beneath the surface.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by fulanimafia: 8:01am On Jul 17, 2015
What is the basis of all the accusations thrown around here? Since the inception of this administration, the most visible and widely publicized effort in the fight against corruption involved two northern ex-governors that were arrested and prosecuted for corruption, with one of them actually spending time in Prison with his son.

How then can it be claimed that the fight against corruption is designed to paint the leaders of the SS/SE in a bad hue?

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by biafranqueen: 8:01am On Jul 17, 2015
It is amazing how half of the Northern youth are wallowing in illiteracy, poverty and ignorance but I have yet to see a thread stating they(Northern Leaders) are being probed by EFCC or even one or the other yeye committees set up to make it look like they are working on fighting corruption. Where can a Northen State brag of development? Where can they show improvement of social welfare in the North?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 8:01am On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:

Brother, Tompolo is of enormous benefits to his immediate clan. I've about 12 friends who are still benefitting from him. I know them.

The system wasn't designed to benefit all.

Well, if that be the case then it's not bad. However, we have to know that not everyone can be philanthropic, hence, some people who get enrished never pass it down to others, that's why I prefer a system that will benefit many..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Mckennedy: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:
My Dear Great People,

There's been this trend especially during GEJ's tenure that the media and every other Nigerians outside the South East and South South seemed to project our politicians and government officials as corrupt. We all know that most Nigerian politcians are corrupt and it's not South East or South South thing alone.

To me, if any South East or South South governor/government official is found wanting, the present administration can go ahead and probe such person. However, if the administration decides to shield some certain set of people from It's zone/political party or any other zone from probe, that's it's business.

Let's see things this way, an attack on South East and South South politicians will send a message out there to whoever we vote for and will indeed make them buckle up. We need a corrupt free South East and South South, hence probing is welcomed.

When corruption has been eliminated from PDP, South East and South South, while others are set free to loot their regions dry, we all know what'll be the outcome right? Your guess is as good as mine.

Cc, barcanister, mogidi, dearpreye, whynotthetruth, oremussanctus, major466, biafranqueen, MizmyColi, Kaboninc, nortcentrallord, Ezenwammadu, SeverusSnape, lyntiffany, Sunnybobo3, peppyluv02, ECOTERRORS, tonychristopher...

and the likes of Tinubu,Amechi,Rochas,obj etc,,etc are exceptional

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2015
fulanimafia:
What is the basis of all the accusations thrown around here? Since the inception of this administration, the most visible and widely publicized effort in the fight against corruption involved two northern ex-governors that were arrested and prosecuted for corruption, with one of them actually spending time in Prison with his son.

How then can it be claimed that the fight against corruption is designed to paint the leaders of the SS/SE in a bad hue?

Bro, leave that cheap talk. We know the end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APGA Complied With INEC Guidelines- Oye APGA National Chairman / Meter Premium Customers In 60 Days, FCCPC Tells Discos / FG Pledges $270m To ECOWAS Security Fund, $80m For Counter-Insurgency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.