Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Town Where Death Awaits Albinos - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Town Where Death Awaits Albinos (57172 Views)

Checkout These Throwback Pics Of New Ooni Of Ife As He Awaits Coronation 2day / Albinos / Town Where Life And Enjoyment Awaits Albinos and Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by dblaisepascal(m): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
macof:

undecided rants
By their fruit, we shall know them
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by 19naia(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
HiGod:

I am an Akure man from Oke-Ijebu/Oba Adesida junction.

E je ka mu emu. grin
I remember Oba Adesida road, we turn onto Ondo road pass Arakale into Isikan Market area.
Used to stay in Ijapo as a young lad. Long time ago.
I will see there again one day.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by macof(m): 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
delishpot:

Haha grin grin grin.....boooiinngggg! You miss cool Who cares about any of them including christianity as its practiced today? A religion free world will do us more good at this point in time. My point is, At least christianity does not forbid any food, race, gender, disabilities etc. Any hoe, re read and enjoy your smart comment.

NB see the mode your belief in a religion set you in? See the downside of religion? Sudenly you turned red and went googoo gaagaa all for religion sake. Tell me now, the diff between this and terrorists? I guess if a god or godess says someone should be killed to protect your community from a disaster people like you who believe in that shit will carry out that order without remorse.

Oga I wasn't in any mood. just my usual attitude towards christianity and it's offences against the African traditional system
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by nairamaverick(m): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
dblaisepascal:
all inhabitant from d kingdom needs deliverance from ancestral manipulation' till then, ur destiny will be limited'. D only tin that comes out of dat land is good palm wine' a cursed land for drunks'. Others are celebrating oil filled land, agric blessed land and some reasonable natural resources'. Dat land is in die need for a moutain of fire deliverance ' marine spirit manipulation must stop' believe it or not- UR goddess is a dirty frustrated blood sucker

Bros I'm calm down na, I'm not from that town, saw the story online and posted it here
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by macof(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
hahn:
A team should take an albino there. Let the albino sleep in a protected house for one week. If the "goddess" doesn't kill the albino then we can safely conclude that they are only delusional and barbaric

The news is fake please
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by delishpot: 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
macof:

Oga I wasn't in any mood. just my usual attitude towards christianity and it's offences against the African traditional system

Ok. No yawa.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by Mayorjr(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Na waoooo
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by delishpot: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
19naia:

E je ka mu emu. grin
I remember Oba Adesida road, we turn onto Ondo road pass Arakale into Isikan Market area.

Isikan. I lived there around 1990. I miss Akure.

1 Like

Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by hahn(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
macof:

The news is fake please

Ok. It is however easy to believe such tales since Africa is known for absurd beliefs
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by HiGod: 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
19naia:

E je ka mu emu. grin

We used to live in Edo lodge next to Ijapo Estate before moving to a new home when I was 12.

50% of my friends lived in Ijapo Estate back in the days.

Awule/Oluwatuyi was the happening spot in 80s with our massive Basketball court.

Some of my friends' parents are politicians(Governor, deputy and perm sec) who lives in Ijapo and you might probably know them if I mention their names

Do you remember press centre called Adegbemile where all gigs in Akure were held then? Gone are those days!!! It was all fun till mama call. It was our main club in 80s aside Rainbow Hotel at Oluwatuyi owned by Chief Oluwatuyi.

Do you know Sallas lesson and this Ghananian man at Isinkan(extra mural classes)?

I actually Attended Sacred Seminary called Don Bosco in Akure.

Below is Seminary back in the days

1 Like

Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by tpiadotcom: 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
shadowgwalker:
Bubu needs to jail me.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by 19naia(m): 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
g
HiGod:

We used to live in Edo lodge next to Ijapo Estate before moving to a new home when I was 12.

Awule/Oluwatuyi was the happening spot in 80s with our massive Basketball court.

Some of my friends' parents are politicians(Governor, deputy and perm sec) who lives in Ijapo and you might probably know them if I mention their names

Do you remember press centre called Adegbemile where all gigs in Akure were held then? Gone are those days!!! It was all fun till mama call. It was our main club in 80s aside Rainbow Hotel at Oluwatuyi owned by Chief Oluwatuyi.

Do you know Sallas lesson and this Ghananian man at Isinkan(extra mural classes)?

I went a year to st. peters unity secondary and then to FGC later outside of Owo town.
I had a teacher at Ijapo primary from ghana, Mr. Mensa. We took lesson from him also during holidays and we all passed entrance and interview exam for FGC admission. Good teachers from ghana.
I dont know very much about isikan because was never allowed to go far from our grandma house there, and also in Ijapo we never used to mingle beyond our neighbors in the immediate area. All other things was away at boarding schools. I even went one term to school in Imo at FGC Okigwe.
That era was back when alagbaka was mostly a ghost town estate and obaile was a bush man's village.
I hear much has changed, even Ijapo was the outskirts of town, but now the houses and roads extend far out beyond there.
Its been several decades for me since i was there, and i was still a teenage boy at that time. grin

One day i will reach again

1 Like

Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by macof(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
hahn:

Ok. It is however easy to believe such tales since Africa is known for absurd beliefs
Can you see? It's christianity that creates all this propaganda
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by hahn(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
macof:

What can you say about the people of Ond state who decided to "cleanse the land" by offering sacrifise by pouring water on their "gods" due to the to the deaths of some of their community members only for us to find out that they actually died from ogogoro poisoning?

Or the "wise" Nigerians who actually believed that bathing with or drinking salt water could cure ebola?

Even belief in another society's god(Jesus) is absurd and there are lots of his followers here
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by tpiadotcom: 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
macof:

its jobless people with ulterior motives who create all this propaganda.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by tsdarkside(m): 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
ghananotnaija:

You think albinos choose to be albinos? Asswipe...

ohhh yes..souls choose in what they want to come........but,you dont pisss the gods off,or else they willll pisss you off,,,,,
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by ugomma2000: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
macof:

Stupidity at its peak

You think a people stripping themselves off their ethnic identity for some foreign impotent deity called Jehova is living life?
It's the Igbos I pity, Traditions and Spirituality dying out for foreign religion probably due to self hatred
while proud people like the Yoruba and Bini are selling their culture to the world. ..u keep buying poo from Europeans. .same poo Europeans are dumping

Sango is a God, not less than ur moutain deity from Israel
Proud people are not frustrated, you should be weeping at the level of filth you have degenerated into

You are proud of sango, terrible? Sango is good when the going is good, but when this sango
changes his mind, madness creeps in, confusion, unending sufferings which one can see among your
tribe. An instance where a five children in a family is cursed with madness, what does that portend?
That is just one of instances I have seen in the Southwest, and it seems normal. Placing madness on people
means nothing to your tribe. Evil!!! Some one must have offended Sango.

Serve the God of heaven and earth and loose yourself fromthe shackls of yoruba ugly
tradition.

1 Like

Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by 19naia(m): 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
delishpot:

Isikan. I lived there around 1990. I miss Akure.
Haven't been back since i left in 1990. grin
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by tpiadotcom: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
nairamaverick:

Bros I'm calm down na, I'm not from that town, saw the story online and posted it here

are you not very jobless?

Where are you from?
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by delishpot: 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
19naia:

Haven't been back since i left in 1990. grin

Wow! I used to love the way they smoked titus fish in Isikan market aka eja oforo.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by delishpot: 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
HiGod:

AHHH salas lesson. It was the ish then o. Every happening tèenager attended it back then.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by HiGod: 12:05am On Jul 21, 2015
delishpot:

AHHH salas lesson. It was the ish then o. Every happening tèenager attended it back then.

Yes and Parker lesson.

Parker lesson was more popular..... If you a what's up teenager back then, you must attend one of these two centres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by 19naia(m): 2:49am On Jul 21, 2015
delishpot:

Wow! I used to love the way they smoked titus fish in Isikan market aka eja oforo.
My grandfathers house was next door to the Titus (mackrel) fish depot. The big walk-in freezer for the whole sale supply.
Not sure if that is still there, but that was the source of mackrel for isikan market.
I have never encountered mackrel as good as that Isikan smoked fish any where. Even fried up in "epo pupa" was very nice.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by juman(m): 6:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Archaic believe.

It was said in the olden days in my village anybody that enters with sheep, the sheep would just die immediately. But with time things changed.

Human being and their believe.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by delishpot: 7:58am On Jul 21, 2015
HiGod:

Yes and Parker lesson.

Parker lesson was more popular..... If you a what's up teenager back then, you must attend one of these two centres.

Oh yes parker lesson. Wow, I forgot about that one.
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by delishpot: 7:59am On Jul 21, 2015
19naia:

My grandfathers house was next door to the Titus (mackrel) fish depot. The big walk-in freezer for the whole sale supply.
Not sure if that is still there, but that was the source of mackrel for isikan market.
I have never encountered mackrel as good as that Isikan smoked fish any where. Even fried up in "epo pupa" was very nice.

Omo, I miss their fish with Garri. Chei cheesy

1 Like

Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by macof(m): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
ugomma2000:

You are proud of sango, terrible? Sango is good when the going is good, but when this sango
changes his mind, madness creeps in, confusion, unending sufferings which one can see among your
tribe. An instance where a five children in a family is cursed with madness, what does that portend?
That is just one of instances I have seen in the Southwest, and it seems normal. Placing madness on people
means nothing to your tribe. Evil!!! Some one must have offended Sango.

Serve the God of heaven and earth and loose yourself fromthe shackls of yoruba ugly
tradition.

You must be very stupid indeed. Yoruba pagan families are 100 times more fortunate than ur ridiculous family full of sheepish hebrew slaves
Re: Town Where Death Awaits Albinos by jbblues24(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
I see you have something to talk about. Well, I have something to shout about. Infact something to sing about. But I'll just keep quiet and let you carry on. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 First-class Nigerian Kings Die In 6 Months {FULL LIST} / Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / About The Surnames Of Rivers State Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.