Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... (588 Views)

When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / The Bible Disguised As The Quran To See How People React. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... by klins4213(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2015
A 25-year old man, Olagunju Waheed, who allegedly entered a church premises with a copy of the Holy Quran, is facing trial at a Yaba Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.

A resident of No. 8, Aje St., Sabo, Yaba, the accused is arraigned on a charge of breach of public peace.

The prosecutor, Insp. Nwosu George, told the court that the accused committed the offence on July 12 at about 80.00 a.m. at St. Dominic Catholic Church, Yaba.

“The accused, armed with a copy of the Holy Quran, was found loitering at the church premises when a security guard approached him and asked what his mission was.

“The accused could not give a satisfactory explanation why he was there and he was immediately apprehended.”

The offence, George noted, contravened Section 166 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The accused, however, denied the charge.

Ruling on the accused’s bail application, the Chief Magistrate, Mrs O.A. Erinle, granted him bail in the sum of N50, 000 with two sureties in like sum.

The case has been adjourned to August 26 for trial.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/07/nigerian-man-arraigned-for-bringing.html?m=1
Re: Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... by ELTON123(m): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2015
Why would he come to church with quaran undecided

Smh

ISLAMABAD

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... by Melahou(m): 11:31am On Jul 17, 2015
Hope he was thoroughly searched if he was carrying explosives

He could as well be a spy
Re: Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... by Juxtified(m): 11:36am On Jul 17, 2015
If it was the other way round - i.e bringing a Bible to the mosque - the person would either have been lynched or his hands cut off. Christianity is too tolerant.
Re: Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... by Samunique(m): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2015
Well, since he failed to make his intention known he should face the music.

I know if it's the other way round maybe by now he would have been laid low down 6feets beneath. grin

I pray this religion of a thing will not burn Nigeria down one day, the way it's going now if something is not drastically done to correct all this wrong, hmm i fear oooo!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... by BABAAGBALABA: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
Lool
Re: Nigerian Man Arraigned For Bringing Quran To Church... by true2god: 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
Maybe the guy want to preach allahh to the priests and rev. fathers.

(1) (Reply)

Buy And Marry: Dangerous Offers. / He Is Aging Yet An Indispensable Propagator Of D Faith / I Wish I Knew Earlier...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.