Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,759 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World (2105 Views)

Kebbi Is The Most Peaceful State In The History Of Nigeria – Gov. Okorocha / The Guy That Wrote RIP On Pmbs Picture And Tweet Was Arrested / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by phyllosilicate(m): 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
Freemanan:

I WANTED TO INCLUDE THEIR INVENTION OF WRITING ON PAPER AND GUN POWDER BUT THE AFOREMENTIONED SEEMS TO BE OF HIGHER IMPORTANCE... CHINESE IS NO DOUBT PART OF WORLD HISTORY.
Bro without paper, many of those events wouldn't have taken place. Without gunpowder, europe wouldn't have conquered Americans and Africans, the world wars wouldn't have been fought. I still think the Chinese deserve a mention.
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Bro without paper, many of those events wouldn't have taken place. Without gunpowder, europe wouldn't have conquered Americans and Africans, the world wars wouldn't have been fought. I still think the Chinese deserve a mention.
I will create a better one shortly then..
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by phyllosilicate(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
Freemanan:

I will create a better one shortly then..
That would be great, I would urge you to look at various civilisations from a neutral point of view, not through european glass. World history has told by the europeans is very bias, they do over hype themselves as the english press over hype english players. And they hide good things about others.

Another people I would like you to consider are the Indians, they invented the 'Zero'. Few events altered the world than the invention of the Zero symbol. What is mathematics without Zero, and what is modern science without mathematics.
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
phyllosilicate:
That would be great, I would urge you to look at various civilisations from a neutral point of view, not through european glass. World history has told by the europeans is very bias, they do over hype themselves as the english press over hype english players. And they hide good things about others.

Another people I would like you to consider are the Indians, they invented the 'Zero'. Few events altered the world than the invention of the Zero symbol. What is mathematics without Zero, and what is modern science without mathematics.
That's true. Even Russians did a lot to get us here but Europe and US only tell us about the cold war and their weapons grin
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by phyllosilicate(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
Freemanan:

That's true. Even Russians did a lot to get us here but Europe and US only tell us about the cold war and their weapons grin
I would love to see the article when it is completed. Is the link you gave your blog?
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I would love to see the article when it is completed. Is the link you gave your blog?
Yes... Philosophical And Poetry... 100%
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by phyllosilicate(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Freemanan:
Yes... Philosophical And Poetry... 100%
I would bookmark it.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Noneroone(m): 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
Op nice work.
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by DMerciful(m): 5:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Not really....mechanical engrg.......just have passion for space exploration
Freemanan:

Fascinating..... That's a GOOD one... I will surely mention you in future topics in those areas... Did you major in Philosophy??
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
DMerciful:
Not really....mechanical engrg.......just have passion for space exploration
That's GOOD. You should Read more of Copernican wOrks

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Willzkid(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
Where is SLAVE TRADE?
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
Freemanan:

I WANTED TO INCLUDE THEIR INVENTION OF WRITING ON PAPER AND GUN POWDER BUT THE AFOREMENTIONED SEEMS TO BE OF HIGHER IMPORTANCE... CHINESE IS NO DOUBT PART OF WORLD HISTORY.
Before the Chinese idea of writing on paper, the Egyptians used papyros (paper like material).

This write up will not be complete without something about the Egyptians, mate. They literally had a hand in the worlds civilization be it "medicine, construction, mathematics e.t.c".

The westerners just have a way of making Africans look like they contributed nothing to the civilization of the world, meanwhile it all started in Africa.

Nice write up BTW.
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thavybe:
Before the Chinese idea of writing on paper, the Egyptians used papyros (paper like material).

This write up will not be complete without something about the Egyptians, mate. They literally had a hand in the worlds civilization be it "medicine, construction, mathematics e.t.c".

The westerners just have a way of making Africans look like they contributed nothing to the civilization of the world, meanwhile it all started in Africa.

Nice write up BTW.
Yeah, WE stated the segregation of intelligence and knowledge.... JUST that the world today is more aware and receptive to European/Western histories.... I am working on a comprehensive list which won't Leave any breathtaking event out...

Thanks for the adulations BTW Mate.
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by RobinHez(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
Nice list right here. shocked
Also, now I know that AD means anno domini. lipsrsealed

Cc Robin Hez and johnydon 22 grin grin
U thought it was after death? cheesy
Re: Top 10 Events That Wrote The History Of The World by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
RobinHez:

U thought it was after death? cheesy
I thought it was the year of our lord. In Latin, I think.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Lecturer That Raped 18 Year Old Girl Seeking Admission Into UNILAG / President Muhammadu Buhari Is Sitting On A Keg Of Gunpowder / Why Igbos Struggle To Forgive Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.