Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN (633 Views)

Oluh Tochukwu, IMSUTH Doctor Returns N2.7m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account / Man Who Produces Fake Peak Milk In Calabar Arrested By NAFDAC / You Are Not Doctors! Nigerian Man Who Nearly Died From Error Blasts Pharmacists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN by ivanaliku: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2015
My uncle is terribly sick and needs funds to get proper medical attention but can't access his account because of BVN.

I finally decided to go see him. This was a decision I had been skeptical about because of what I had been told of his present condition. Well, I eventually paid him a visit after almost six years. The last time I saw him was at my wedding.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had to restrain myself from crying because I didn’t want to break down in front of him. I didn’t know what to expect of his reaction if he saw me cry. I had to be strong (I kept telling myself while I forced myself to smile and look strong) when within me I knew a tsunami was threatening to break loose. I knew that an attempt to loosen the reins a bit would be disastrous, so I held on with every ounce of will in me.

In my wildest imagination I couldn’t have fathomed he’d ever be in that state – very frail. His once commanding voice lacked the weight and authority it carried with it. Don’t get me wrong, he wasn’t a tyrant nor a dictator, but a man with a commanding presence who wanted all around him to succeed by all means ( through the right channel I might add).

He is one of my favorite paternal uncles . He’s always been there for my siblings and I, making sure we were on the right track, seeing our parents couldn’t be physically present at the time we were growing up. He would pay visits whenever he could, even when he had functions to attend in the town where we resided. His first point or last point of call before leaving town was always our home, just to see how we were faring. Then, he’d always give us gifts. We all looked forward to this because uncle A wasn’t tightfisted when it comes to giving). I could go on and on about Uncle A.

Back to the present. I was greatly pained to learn that he could no longer access his funds because he hadn’t registered for his Bank Verification Number ( BVN). My other uncles have tried to explain to the bank about his condition and yet they still insist he must be physically present to register.

Read Tamara's full story here: http://therealnenye.com/?p=3500
Re: SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN by wahles(m): 11:58am On Jul 17, 2015
Thats bad#

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN by feldido(m): 11:58am On Jul 17, 2015
shocked
Re: SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN by cerzo(m): 11:59am On Jul 17, 2015
Is this land worth my multi billion building?
Re: SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN by carzola(m): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
I thought the deadline for BVN was moved to october? so why would a bank freeze an account?

Oboy get your facts right.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN by Houseofglam7(f): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
The Op really does have a creative imagination
Re: SHOCKING: Man Who Is Terribly Ill Can't Get Access To His Account because Of BVN by ivanaliku: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
carzola:
I thought the deadline for BVN was moved to october? so why would a bank freeze an account?

Oboy get your facts right.

Yes! BVN closing date was moved but when last did you visit the bank to make a transaction to know if the facts are true?

(1) (Reply)

14 Secret Ways To Spring Into Health / What You Don't Know About Toothpaste (picture) / Is My Wife Lying? How Do I Know???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.