Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. (597 Views)

Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka / Buhari Lacks Moral Right To Talk About Party Supremacy – Tinubu / Accept Party Supremacy, Buhari Tells Senators, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by Shegman22(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
Sen Dino Melaye of Kogi West Senatorial Zone has urged the All Progressives Congress to respect the view of President Muahammdu Buhari on the emergence of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki. While reacting to the controversial emergence of Saraki and the Speaker, House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, shortly after they were elected, Buhari had said he did not have any preferred candidates for the principal posts but added that he would have preferred that the choices of the party emerged. The choices of the APC for Senate presidency and speakership were Senator Ahmed Lawan and Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, respectively. Specifically, Melaye was referring to a statement by Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, in which the President said that he was willing to work with whoever the lawmakers elected. In a series of tweets on his official Twitter handle, Melaye faulted the APC leaders for attacking Saraki. He said, “President Buhari said the election of Saraki followed constitutional provisions. At that point, the party and its leaders ought to have slowed down. Mr. President said he would work with whoever was elected. At that point, the party leaders ought to have taken direction from Buhari, who is the National Leader of the APC.” He also said “The President is the National Leader of APC. The moment he said he had no preference, the party should have respected Buhari. Nigerians must realise that the people’s sovereignty is far greater than the party’s supremacy. Just like the Bible is dearer to me than the constitution.” Melaye said he had no regrets supporting Saraki, promising to protect and defend the people of his senatorial district and the Nigerian constitution. He added, “The gullibility of so many on the social media is embarrassing. I have no regret supporting Saraki. I worked and voted for competence. I will be the last person to support anti-party activities or support the satanic party that I assiduously helped to uproot.”
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by natas22: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
This man...

Issokay
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by babyfaceafrica: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
This guy is on crack..you have cosen ur divide..leave with ur decision and stop blabbing..this is FFK the second!!
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by ELTON123(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
Shegman22:
Sen Dino Melaye of Kogi West Senatorial Zone has urged the
All Progressives Congress to respect the view of President
Muahammdu Buhari on the emergence of the Senate
President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.
While reacting to the controversial emergence of Saraki and
the Speaker, House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara,
shortly after they were elected, Buhari had said he did not
have any preferred candidates for the principal posts but
added that he would have preferred that the choices of the
party emerged.
The choices of the APC for Senate presidency and
speakership were Senator Ahmed Lawan and Mr. Femi
Gbajabiamila, respectively.
Specifically, Melaye was referring to a statement by Buhari’s
Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, in
which the President said that he was willing to work with
whoever the lawmakers elected.
In a series of tweets on his official Twitter handle, Melaye
faulted the APC leaders for attacking Saraki.
He said, “President Buhari said the election of Saraki
followed constitutional provisions. At that point, the party
and its leaders ought to have slowed down. Mr. President
said he would work with whoever was elected. At that point,
the party leaders ought to have taken direction from Buhari,
who is the National Leader of the APC.”
He also said “The President is the National Leader of APC.
The moment he said he had no preference, the party should
have respected Buhari. Nigerians must realise that the
people’s sovereignty is far greater than the party’s
supremacy. Just like the Bible is dearer to me than the
constitution.”
Melaye said he had no regrets supporting Saraki, promising
to protect and defend the people of his senatorial district
and the Nigerian constitution.
He added, “The gullibility of so many on the social media is
embarrassing. I have no regret supporting Saraki. I worked
and voted for competence. I will be the last person to
support anti-party activities or support the satanic party that
I assiduously helped to uproot.”
source
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
undecided
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by hafeeanubasy: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
You should have presented urself as an independent candidate in the last election.Thief,rationalizing stealing!
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by kossyablaze(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
Comes from d man who lives lavish y his district suffers

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by BabaNath(m): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
G
Re: The Peoples’ Sovereignty Is Greater Than Party Supremacy – Sen. Dino Melaye. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Vagabonds In Power

(1) (Reply)

Ex-police Chiefs Disagree Over Buhari’s Security- Punch / How Nass Clerk Stalled Plot To Stop Saraki’s Emergence As Senate President / President Buhari And Senate Paesident Bukola Saraki Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.