Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Ilorin To Akure By Road. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ilorin To Akure By Road. (6164 Views)

Air Peace Begins Flight Operations From Lagos To Akure Tomorrow / Passengers Involved In Accident On Their Way To Akure (pics) / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilorin To Akure By Road. by blackrules1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hello all,

I will be attending this years' Nigeria Computer Society's International conference at Airport Road, Oba-ile, Akure, Ondo state.

I will be traveling by road, anyone who is familiar with the Ilorin-Akure route may advise/contribute on the best route, and probably the towns I may pass through.

Akure residents; I will also need you guys to give me names of cheaper hotels not far from Jojein Hotel & Resort, Airport Road and of 2,000/night on the average.
Jojein Hotel of 12/13,000 is high for me.

Help as I did to a Nairalander last year. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1300115/travel-abuja-illoko-ilesa-osun-state#16944077

Thank you.
Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by saylawal2003(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
The best route to Akure from Ilorin is Omu-Aran - Otun-Ekiti - Ido-Ekiti - Igede-Ekiti - Ilawe-Ekiti - Igbara-Oke - Akure. It will take you about 3.5hrs. Am currently a postgraduate student of Computer Science at University of Ilorin. I travelled through the route every week. Am also suppose to be at Conference being a member of Security Committee but exams is scheduled to hold during the period.

The hotel accommodation in Akure is a bit expensive. The area you can get N2,000 is not secured being a local area. The minimum u can get is 5k at Stephen Suites, Ijapo and is very close to the conference venue.
blackrules1:
Hello all,

I will be attending this years' Nigeria Computer Society's International conference at Airport Road, Oba-ile, Akure, Ondo state.

I will be traveling by road, anyone who is familiar with the Ilorin-Akure route may advise/contribute on the best route, and probably the towns I may pass through.

Akure residents; I will also need you guys to give me names of cheaper hotels not far from Jojein Hotel & Resort, Airport Road and of 2,000/night on the average.

Thank you.

Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by blackrules1(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
saylawal2003:
The best route to Akure from Ilorin is Omu-Aran - Otun-Ekiti - Ido-Ekiti - Igede-Ekiti - Ilawe-Ekiti - Igbara-Oke - Akure. It will take you about 3.5hrs. Am currently a postgraduate student of Computer Science at University of Ilorin. I travelled through the route every week. Am also suppose to be at Conference being a member of Security Committee but exams is scheduled to hold during the period.

The hotel accommodation in Akure is a bit expensive. The area you can get N2,000 is not secured being a local area. The minimum u can get is 5k at Stephen Suites, Ijapo and is very close to the conference venue.

Saylawal; thanks a bunch.

You gave the exact details I require/need.

I wish you the very best in your exams.
Sure, we will miss you at the conference.

Stephens Suite, Ijapo has also been noted; still within by budget.

Greetings to Mr Babatunde, Mr Ameen, Mr Asaju and co at the department (all must be doctors by now I guess).

my Alma Mater

1 Like

Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by saylawal2003(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
It's my pleasure. They are PhD holder now. Drs Ameen n Babatunde took us a course each. I work in FUTA and currently on study leave. U can call me if u need further direction about d route or accommodation. Regards
blackrules1:

Saylawal; thanks a bunch.

You gave the exact details I require/need.

I wish you the very best in your exams.
Sure, we will miss you at the conference.

Stephens Suite, Ijapo has also been noted; still within by budget.

Greetings to Mr Babatunde, Mr Ameen, Mr Asaju and co at the department (all must be doctors by now I guess).

my Alma Mater
Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by blackrules1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
saylawal2003:
It's my pleasure. They are PhD holder now. Drs Ameen n Babatunde took us a course each. I work in FUTA and currently on study leave. U can call me if u need further direction about d route or accommodation. Regards

Alright, thanks sir.
Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by xreal: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
blackrules1

saylawal2003

...opened the door to this thread, peeped in, saw two matured minds having conversations and excused them.

closes door

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by 19naia(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
So what is the story with what Jovago website is quoting for akure cheap hotels?
It seems the ones for 2k and less are not as nice, but some are in decent places like Ijapo.
Here are some screen shots from Jovago web site.

1 Share

Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by DeKen: 10:41am On May 08, 2016
blackrules1:
Hello all,

Thank you.

Guy I'll like to ask you a few questions pertaining to NCS. I'll send you a PM.
Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by blackrules1(m): 2:35am On May 21, 2016
DeKen:

Guy I'll like to ask you a few questions pertaining to NCS. I'll send you a PM.

ok, no problems sir.
Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by DeKen: 4:05am On May 21, 2016
blackrules1:

ok, no problems sir.

I think I had sent you a PM but no response.

Do you have information on the requirements for registration and the cost?
Re: Ilorin To Akure By Road. by TheSociopath(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2017
saylawal2003:

(1) (Reply)

Air Peace - Fraudulent Activities / Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? / Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.