Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki (43670 Views)

Osinbajo orders 24-hour operations at Apapa Port / Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki / Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by LocalChamp: 1:33am On Jul 18, 2015
My 24-hour SSS ordeal, by Sambo Dasuki
Posted By: Yusuf Allion: July 18, 2015I

The former National Security Adviser, Mr. Sambo Dasuki, yesterday raised the alarm over what he saw as plot by the State Security Service (SSS) to implicate him in alleged security breaches.

He said Nigerians should know that the invasion of his house by the SSS was a sheer witch-hunt. He said it was sad that the operatives of the security agency broke into his ailing father’s house in Sokoto and broke his safe.

Dasuki, who spoke exclusively with our correspondent on the phone yesterday, said he does not deserve such treatment because as the National Security Adviser he did not maltreat any Nigerian.

He said he was subjected to a 12-hour ordeal from 6pm on Thursday till 6am on Friday.

“The SSS operatives came in two trucks with a search warrant from a Magistrate Court. The warrant gave them the power to search for ‘illegal weapons and any incriminating item.’ You can imagine what that is supposed to mean.

“I left office on Tuesday and they got the warrant on Wednesday and executed it by 6pm on Thursday.

“From 6pm on Thursday, throughout the night till about 6am this morning (Friday), they were searching my house looking for incriminating items.

“They restricted my movement. I cannot go out and no one can visit me. All those who attempted to see me were stopped from doing so.

“In fact, my son was blocked from entering my residence. My two cooks, who used to come from their homes to prepare my meals, were also disallowed from leaving my house.

“The only person allowed was the man who feeds my dogs. And he only related with the dogs.

“By Friday morning, they packed away all the nine cars in my residence. I could not go out to perform the Eid-el-Fitr prayer because of the restriction.

Even when I sought permission to go to Eid Praying Ground, they promised to provide a vehicle but they never did.”

Responding to a question, Dasuki said: “This is just a witch-hunt; they are desperately looking for something to implicate me.

“They went to my father’s house including breaking into the ceiling to look for incriminating documents. They broke a safe in my father’s house.

“Also, my sister kept a 20-year old box in my father’s house, they also forced it open. What has my father got to do with this?

“And the old man is in hospital in London. He was shocked to hear that they broke into his house. The good thing is that they did not find anything.

“They brought the photocopy of a 2007 draft by my brother, Ahmed, and asked me to comment on it. Was I in office in 2007 as NSA? You can see the extent to which they are ready to go to implicate me,” he said.

The State Security operatives yesterday also seized his international passport and $40,000 cash found in his house.

They retrieved three rifles which were being used by members of the protective team while in office.

The disengagement of the Protective team was yet to be completed yesterday but the SSS asked him to explain how he came about the rifles.

At about 6 pm yesterday. the SSS operatives were withdrawn from his residence.

Dasuki’s movement remains however restricted to the country as his traveling documents are now with the SSS.

According to findings, the SSS team obtained statement from him from about 5pm till some minutes to 6pm.

A source said: “They seized the ex-NSA passport and raised issues on how he came about the $40,000 in his house. They went to the extent of asking him to give the details of how he came about the cash.

“On the rifles, they repeatedly questioned him on what he was doing with them. He took time to explain that they belong to members of the Protective Team guarding him. They became excited as if they had found an evidence against him.

“I think by the time the case gets to a court, Nigerians will know the truth or otherwise of their findings.

On the allegations against him, especially the ones bordering on purchase of arms, funds for counter-insurgency and the seized $15million in South Africa , Dasuki said: “I read some of these allegations in The Nation but nobody has asked me some of these things they are saying. I was not even in charge of some of these things. How do I account for all?

“And if you want me to respond to these issues, you have to give me access to relevant documents. You do not need to restrict my movement. You can see that they are just out to set me up. Even if they find a knife in my house, they will say it is incriminating.”

“There are some who should account 10 times for some of these allegations they are raising but they are walking about freely, ” he added.

Dasuki, who sounded confident on the phone, said as a retired senior military officer and ex-NSA, he ought to be better treated.

“Everybody should know what is happening. They sent some low-level officers, looking for something to implicate me.

“It is just a witch-hunt. If you want me to make clarifications on any issue, in the spirit of democracy and the rule of Law, have the courtesy to invite me and as a gentleman, I will honour the invitation. Sending two trucks to lay siege on my house and restrict my movement is just abysmal.

“For a man who left office on Tuesday, where will I run to? I have nothing to fear.”

The former NSA said he was unfairly treated by the SSS because when he was in charge of the nation’s security, he was “cautious, careful and fair “in his approach.

He added: “I was fair to all as NSA. Even when I had security cause to act on some issues, inflammatory comments and actions against the government of the day by those in the opposition, I exercised restraint. I did not restrict anyone’s movement, I never asked security agents to occupy anybody’s house.

“But that is the new change we have, this is our own definition of democracy. All I know is that everything has a beginning and an end in a democracy. I gave my best for this transition, which led to the victory of the opposition over the ruling party.
http://thenationonlineng.net/my-24-hour-sss-ordeal-by-sambo-dasuki/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 18, 2015
Bokohar! president of Dooooom

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by ahidjo: 1:38am On Jul 18, 2015
$40000 in his house. What a criminal. These are the types of characters entrusted with the task of securing Nigerians. Most Nigerians are hopelessly shameless!

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by egift(m): 1:40am On Jul 18, 2015
Mr. Sambo Dasuki, when are you accounting for the Trillions Jonathan budgeted for Defense under your watch?

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 18, 2015
Bullhari wipe out boko haram and stop acting drama 4 us

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by egift(m): 1:53am On Jul 18, 2015
[s]
lagmostkuit:
Bullhari wipe out boko haram and stop acting drama 4 us
[/s]

Will you shut that Unpatriotic hole in your face. What do you know about fixing the Failures and Destruction left behind by Jonathan and his PDP?

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Firefire(m): 1:56am On Jul 18, 2015
“It is just a witch-hunt. If you want me to make clarifications on any issue, in the spirit of democracy and the rule of Law, have the courtesy to invite me and as a gentleman, I will honour the invitation. Sending two trucks to lay siege on my house and restrict my movement is just abysmal".

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 18, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

[s]Will you shut your Unpatriotic hole in your face. What do you know about fixing the Failures and Destruction left behind by Jonathan and his PDP?[/s]
Mr Know it..

Pls teach me! undecided

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by shininglite(m): 1:58am On Jul 18, 2015
I hope the dullard is not trying to revenge for d role dasuki played when he was overthrown....

am sure the dullard doesn't know the meaning of democracy..
Bloody dictator

Buhari is a terrorist -el rufai

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by merry02(m): 1:59am On Jul 18, 2015
If this man is correct on this fact finding,Nigeria is welcome to military regime in disguise!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Firefire(m): 2:00am On Jul 18, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Mr Know it..

Pls teach me! undecided

Please stop quoting that hateful element.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by uboma(m): 2:01am On Jul 18, 2015
Even if Dasuki was/is guilty of something, the way and manner the SSS went about their activities towards him evidently shows that Dasuki is being witch hunted.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:

Please stop quoting that hateful element.
Aiit.. smiley

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by shininglite(m): 2:09am On Jul 18, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Will you shut your Unpatriotic hole in your face. What do you know about fixing the Failures and Destruction left behind by Jonathan and his PDP?

Jonathan nd the PDP are no longer rulling this country...the dullard should start working

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 2:12am On Jul 18, 2015
Operation find incriminating evidence at all costs!!! Can you imagine the desperation.We are waiting for the dullard to try such bravada at our leaders in the east then he will understand we are not cowards who just online!!!! One thing we must give GEJ credit is his very high level of tolerance even when he was repeeatedly provoked by people like El-rufai and other inconsequentials like Japhet Omojuwa and their likes on twitter.Such acts of desperation and witchhunt was never observed throughout his tenure.

I just hope Buhari is not foolish enough to try such stunts with GEJ as even laying siege at his house at this moment would have dire security and economic consequences for these country.The entire east is already tense no thanks to Nnamdi Kanu and his Radio biafra

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by egift(m): 2:14am On Jul 18, 2015
[s]
shininglite:

Jonathan nd the PDP are no longer rulling this country...the dullard should start working
[/s]

[s]
shininglite:
Election is over Mr,buhari is now the president so he should start working

Al the Jonathan bla bla bla is getting stale
[/s]

Shor-shor-shor. It is Jonathan/PDP mess. To cure your new-found impatience, go hug a wet Transformer.

#WailingWailers

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by ndukwejoe(m): 2:16am On Jul 18, 2015
how could the SSS act like this , that is a good case on their hand but they want to blow it . get an arrest warrant , follow due process, if the SSS continues like this , even a certified killer will sue it for breach of right.

13 Likes

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by PassingShot(m): 2:18am On Jul 18, 2015
No amount of wailing will stop PMB from bringing you and your cohorts to justice through whatever means necessary. You surely have a lot to answer for in the weeks and months ahead.

It's no longer business as usual.

46 Likes

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by shininglite(m): 2:19am On Jul 18, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Shor-shor-shor. It is Jonathan/PDP mess. To cure your new-found impatience, go hug a wet Transformer.

#WailingWailers

Yes is a PDP mess,but the dullard said he was a magician during the campaign so he shudnt complain

buhari is a terrorist -el rufai

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by smsshola(m): 2:23am On Jul 18, 2015
Naija when wl our force men learn? Sometimes they ar the one that make the suspect to shout louder than expected and then the hunter become the hunted. U wan to arrest som1 get the arrest warrant,do things as a professional not jus looking fo layman way and before u kno it the suspect whether right or wrong wl b scream.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 18, 2015
PassingShot:
No amount of wailing will stop PMB from bringing you and your cohorts to justice through whatever means necessary. You surely have a lot to answer for in the weeks and months ahead.

It's no longer business as usual.

We already know it is not business as usual as political witchhunt has already returned to the country.It is not about arresting the man but what charge or evidence would you adduce against him? You see why we told you an illiterate should not be at the hel$ of affairs? The SSS is yet to find anything on Dasuki and instead of them to take their time and catch him with hard evidence(if at all he is guilty of anything) the illiterate who dosent understand due process justs orders them to go to his house and ransack the whole place restricting his movement and effecting his arrest.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by babajero(m): 2:30am On Jul 18, 2015
Sir be ready for more, as far as you are not in apc you will be witch hunted, buhari is out to silence opposition.

11 Likes

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by PassingShot(m): 2:34am On Jul 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

We already know it is not business as usual as political witchhunt has already returned to the country.It is not about arresting the man but what charge or evidence would you adduce against him? You see why we told you an illiterate should not be at the hel$ of affairs? The SSS is yet to find anything on Dasuki and instead of them to take their time and catch him with hard evidence(if at all he is guilty of anything) the illiterate who dosent understand due process justs orders them to go to his house and ransack the whole place restricting his movement and effecting his arrest.

You're too naive to understand a thing about security intelligence. Just wait and see.
If you like, wail till forever, PMB shall bring him and his likes to justice one way or the other.

23 Likes

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by egift(m): 2:34am On Jul 18, 2015
shininglite:

Yes is a PDP mess,but the dullard said he was a magician during the campaign so he shudnt complain

Did Buhari promise to change things for better? - YES
Has his 4yrs Tenure elapsed without fulfilling the promise? - NO
Why are you suddenly Wailing? - I DON'T KNOW

So Mr. Shin-Shin, find something useful and do with your life. Your rolling on the floor does not have any impact on the scheme of things.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by denedene(m): 2:34am On Jul 18, 2015
so they took nine cars from his house and the apc supporters are still praising the government for the witch hunting ambush but when wike decided to take bck the car ibim seminatari stole from the RSG they cursed out wike. anyways! buhari should not push for a politics of hate cause evem under pdp opposition still had a fair deal

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 18, 2015
If there was nothing, now they have enough evidence to investigate him further and subsequently prosecute him.

1. What was he doing with $40,000 cash at home? Is his home a bank? How did he come about the money?

2. Who owns the nine(9) cars found in his residence. Their prices should be compared with his salary and if he cannot afford them, they should ask how he came about them. He should be prosecuted after thorough investigation.

This is impunity and we expect the DSS to do the needful. EFCC too should come in here. The days of impunity are over!

Some poverty-stricken youth, that thinks he is a member/supporter of PDP/GEJ, whose family have never touched or seen $40,000 or owned 9 cars collectively would come here to defend this man that keeps $40,000 cash and 9 cars at home. I weep for my country.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by aminho(m): 3:54am On Jul 18, 2015
And it was reported by tinubus the nation why is no1 not saying it's fake if it was in Apc’s favour everyone will be crying by now

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by nduchucks: 3:55am On Jul 18, 2015
LocalChamp:

On the allegations against him, especially the ones bordering on purchase of arms, funds for counter-insurgency and the seized $15million in South Africa , Dasuki said: “I read some of these allegations in The Nation but nobody has asked me some of these things they are saying. I was not even in charge of some of these things. How do I account for all?

“And if you want me to respond to these issues, you have to give me access to relevant documents. You do not need to restrict my movement. You can see that they are just out to set me up. Even if they find a knife in my house, they will say it is incriminating.”

“There are some who should account 10 times for some of these allegations they are raising but they are walking about freely, ” shocked shocked he added.

As a patriotic non criminal Nigerian, please name these people who should account 10 times for the said allegations. Thank you sir for admitting that the allegations are not frivolous. We will forever be grateful to you if you do this honorable naming of the thieves. Submit the names of the real culprits to the authorities, cooperate with the authorities and get your soft landing sir.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by 1after: 4:18am On Jul 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

I know you are a certified hypocrite. You were the same man running your mouth during the tambuwal saga that he must be removed by any means that GEJ should continue. You did same during the CBN governor saga, Ekiti gate and many others. You are worst than the devil and hypocrisy is in your DNA. Even though those SSS messed up cos they should have humbly invite the man instead of trying to disgrace him, you have no moral right to talk on this matter at all cos of your antecdent on this forum but your hatred for the President will make you support Shekau just to curse Buhari. Smh

44 Likes

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by luvmijeje(f): 4:21am On Jul 18, 2015
There are some who should account 10 times for some of these allegations they are raising but they are walking about freely, ” he added.

We know! The President Knows! That's why you were under siege.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by talented143(m): 4:24am On Jul 18, 2015
NOT MY BIZ, LISTENING TO 102.1 RADIO BIAFRA

6 Likes

Re: My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki by 1after: 4:26am On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:
“It is just a witch-hunt. If you want me to make clarifications on any issue, in the spirit of democracy and the rule of Law, have the courtesy to invite me and as a gentleman, I will honour the invitation. Sending two trucks to lay siege on my house and restrict my movement is just abysmal".

Sir, I know you are very wicked at heart and pray Boko haram strike daily so you can spite your enemy called Buhari cos I know how you rejoice whenever those evil element strike. You now talk of witch hunt but praised GEJ during the Tambuwal saga, the Ekiti election saga where Obanikoro and his thugs arrest and intimidate the opposition, the grounding of Ameachi's Jet, the bursting of APC office and arrest of all its workers without search or arrest warrant, the leadership newspaper issue, e.t.c I hate hypocrites and people that see white and call it black just to defend criminals. Learn to be honest even if your paymasters will not like it, be bold sir.

29 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Profile Of Dr Thomas-Wilson Ikubese: Nigerian 2019 Presidential Aspirant / Massive Rally Ongoing In Makurdi Benue For Buhari. Pics / Buhari's Original Certificate Submitted To Army Board - Gen. Akinrinade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.