Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks (31119 Views)

Buhari Appoints Health Agencies Director-Generals / Army Forces Al-mustapha To Retire - The Punch / Appointment Of New Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Face Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by gayman99: 7:06am On Jul 19, 2015
edo3:
what happened at d Nigerian Defence Academy?

Are you one of us?
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by ModiKen(m): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2015
Shortyy:

please step aside, you are not making any sense.

My friend when arguing get ur points right and not just shouting like a town crier.

You know I said the truth hence the "step aside" response.

Smh angry
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2015
The Nigerian army remains a "wasted army".
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by edo3(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2015
gayman99:

Are you one of us?
what course are u sir?
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by gayman99: 10:17am On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=edo3 post=36033956]what course are u sir?[/quote

Let's keep this out of this forum. I cherish my privacy a lot.
But then he was the academy adjutant back in those days. I was a cadet in mogadishu battalion.
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by toshmann(m): 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
ModiKen:

How do u expect him to stop the suicide bombings with no inside knowledge of who n who is providing them with logistic and financial support?

Some of these persons he is going after are definitely sponsors of boko haram or at best they have inside knowledge of the workings of the terrorist sect.

Do u remember Jonathan saying Boko Haram had infiltrated his govt?

They have persons collaborating with them; persons that held sensitive positions in GEJ's administration.

Good thing they are not taking over territories and placing their flags as a show of ownership. Then I would say PMB has failed just like GEJ.

But they have changed tactics; SUICIDE BOMBINGS are no being used, if u haven't noticed!

You seem to be crime and war expert, can you pls give us some recommendations on how he could stop the suicide bombings with no inside knowledge of those providing logistic and financial support for them?

One urgent method will be the immediate extra funding of military, police, military intelligence etc

Seal all borders connected with the north-east. And also closely monitor inter-state borders between the three main states involved

Metal detectors EVERWHERE in those states. Churches, mosques, markets, parks, even random use of metal detectors to ordinary passers-by in the streets and villages

Dusk to dawn curfew in those states

Commence efficient "combing" of the associated forests where the boko haram hide outs could be

Random searching of random homes, schools, mosques, etc throughout those states

These very difficult measures will slow down the bombings. Then we could take our time to commence investigations into who is sponsoring the menace. Or dont you know sometimes investigations could take years? And even at that it may not always be productive. So should we wait all these time to know who is sponsoring boko haram?

And by the way, whoever sponsored them in the past may no longer be relevant as ISIS has taken over boko haram. So he may as well go to syria/iraq to locate the leadership or sponsors of boko haram which is now known as the islamic state west african province.

Good luck with that
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by ModiKen(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
toshmann:

One urgent method will be the immediate extra funding of military, police, military intelligence etc

Seal all borders connected with the north-east. And also closely monitor inter-state borders between the three main states involved

Metal detectors EVERWHERE in those states. Churches, mosques, markets, parks, even random use of metal detectors to ordinary passers-by in the streets and villages

Dusk to dawn curfew in those states

Commence efficient "combing" of the associated forests where the boko haram hide outs could be

Random searching of random homes, schools, mosques, etc throughout those states

These very difficult measures will slow down the bombings. Then we could take our time to commence investigations into who is sponsoring the menace. Or dont you know sometimes investigations could take years? And even at that it may not always be productive. So should we wait all these time to know who is sponsoring boko haram?

And by the way, whoever sponsored them in the past may no longer be relevant as ISIS has taken over boko haram. So he may as well go to syria/iraq to locate the leadership or sponsors of boko haram which is now known as the islamic state west african province.

Good luck with that

Very good recommendations. Wld intimate his excellency once he returns from the U.S.

BTW, those who sponsored them before the ISIS allegiance definitely be in the know of the workings between Boko Haram and ISIS.

However, in my opinion, the major thing I think BH gets from ISIS is finance.
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by toshmann(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
ModiKen:

Very good recommendations. Wld intimate his excellency once he returns from the U.S.

BTW, those who sponsored them before the ISIS allegiance definitely be in the know of the workings between Boko Haram and ISIS.

However, in my opinion, the major thing I think BH gets from ISIS is finance.

Hmmm, how you take sabi? I'm begining to suspect you undecided
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by edo3(m): 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=gayman99 post=36034605][/quote]ok sir.
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by ModiKen(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
toshmann:

Hmmm, how you take sabi? I'm begining to suspect you undecided

grin grin
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2015
gayman99:
Talk is cheap Gen. Meanwhile welcome onboard Gen Mungonu. Its time to bring your wealth of experience to play just like the good old days at the Nigerian Defence Academy.
u sure say no b smoke Monty was go throw so
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by free13: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2015
Na wa o....
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by babafirst(m): 4:39am On Jul 22, 2015
luvmijeje:

Yes you did......... Six weeks before election. That's unforgivable and it rubbishes the effort put into it.
Great and unbiased analysis here my sister.Let the truth be told.And this truth is the open truth.Weldone.
Re: Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks by babafirst(m): 4:53am On Jul 22, 2015
ObiOkpor:
- barracks stil remain thesame.
loool,hmmm,barracks no go remain the same this time ohh,it must change positively.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi 2019: Crowd Welcomes Yahaya Bello To His Hometown (photos) / Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? / List Of Bayelsa State Political Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.