Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:17 AM

How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) (35895 Views)

I Stole My Boss Car To Attend Valentine Party —suspect (pictured) / Spirit Told Me To Stab The Pregnant Woman –suspect (pictured) / I Killed My Fiancé Over Sex, Says Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by dre11(m): 8:37am On Jul 18, 2015
FROM NGOZI UWUJARE

A 45-year-old man, Chukwudi Ubani has told the police how he ran a kidnap syndicate from his base in London. He was said to have been responsible for several kidnap cases in Rivers State and its environs for several years.

He was recently lured back to Nigeria and nabbed by the Rivers Police detectives at his house on Elioparanwo road, Port Harcourt. Also arrested was Chuwudi Ben Ononenyi, 29, who prepares the ground for every attack before Ubani returns from London for execution.

Investigations revealed that Ubani had built different hotels and houses which are located along Ada George road, Dunhill, Port Harcourt from proceeds of his esca­pades. Most of the houses were used to de­tain victims till their families were able to pay ransom money.

On their arrest, the state Commissioner of Police, Chris Ezike said that the com­mand had been embarrassed severally by the exploits of Ubani and his gang. On his endless list was the kidnap of a 33-year-old woman, Joy Ifeoma Izuorah who was picked up in her house at plot 132, Chibak Avenue, off Elioparanwo Woji, Port Har­court. “She was picked up in her house on January 20, 2015 while the kidnappers demanded N100 million ransom. After 22 days, she was released to her family after they had collected N20million.

“After a successful outing, Ubani bought a Lexus jeep for his second wife who is based in Port Harcourt. He quickly travelled back to London to avoid arrest. I instructed the operatives of Anti-Kidnap­ping Squad led by Supol Edward Shedrack to keep a tab on him. Luckily, we suc­ceeded in luring him back to Nigeria for another attack and was apprehended. Re­covered from him were English made gun, phones and N7million from his First Bank account,” Ezike stated.

At the police station, Ubani, an indi­gene of Nnewi in Anambra State, admitted to have led the gang behind several kidnap cases in the state, including that of Mrs. Joy Ifeoma.

“I am based in London and am married to two wives. Life has not been easy for me, and to meet up with expectation, I had to make quick money. Luckily for me at the end of each assignment, I will return to London because I know that the police will be tracking my phones to arrest me. I have been able to build several houses and hotels within and outside the state”, he confessed.

On his last exploit, Ubani said that he spotted Mrs. Ifeoma shortly after he dropped off his son in school. “I noticed that she was driving one of the latest cars in the country. I knew that her husband must be very rich. I followed her down to her shop where she parked her car. I alerted my boys to stay within the environment and monitor her movement.

They were able to trace her house and alerted me. On January 20, 2015, I moved in with my men and picked her up in the presence of her husband and kids.

“We kept her in one of my houses till the family was able to raise N20million. I gave my boys their share and joined the next available flight to London. I knew they were searching for me, that was why I ran out of the country,” he added.

The second suspect, Ononenyi said that he was shocked when he learnt that Ubani had been arrested. “I never knew they could arrest him. I was the one who told him that the police had stopped investi­gating that matter. If my master had con­fessed, then everything he said is the truth. He is our boss and it is our duty to watch his back and inform him when there is a good victim to kidnap.”

Grateful to God for sparing her life, Mrs. Ifeoma recalled that she was kid­napped by three gunmen in her house. “They tied me in a room for 22 days and used my phone to contact my husband. To the glory of God, they were able to raise N20million for the gang before I was re­leased on February 10, 2015”, she added.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/how-i-co-ordinated-rivers-kidnaps-from-london-suspect/

Picture of the suspects

cc lalasticlala

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 18, 2015
Just imagine. Anything goes in this country God save Nigeria....... I just hope this kind of person won't be left off the hook soon, and i hope all the millions won't remain with him.. But in this country, anything goes.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Topccy007: 8:41am On Jul 18, 2015
These are perfect recruits for Boko haram. They control things from yonder. God will punish u and ur decendants!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by RichDad1(m): 8:41am On Jul 18, 2015
International kingpin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by ijustdey: 8:43am On Jul 18, 2015
I am based in London and am married to two
wives. Life has not been easy for me, and to meet
up with expectation, I had to make quick money.

undecided

So, the best way to make quick money is to resort to crime....... such a stupid excuse..

those are the kind of words you will always hear from them when they are caught..... but, when they aren't caught, you will see people referencing them and hailing them

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 18, 2015
k

1 Like

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Johnnoah1st: 8:48am On Jul 18, 2015
IGBO AGAIN

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 18, 2015
n
Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Donalleh(m): 8:48am On Jul 18, 2015
shocked
Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by phyllosilicate(m): 8:49am On Jul 18, 2015
MILITARY ZONE, KEEP OFF
Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2015
A product of Biafra.

His kind will be among those who will sit at the comfort of their home in London and be calling for Biafra.

shm.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Antoinne: 8:50am On Jul 18, 2015
Just one of the many who should be jailed for life!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by shema101(f): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2015
Noted
Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 18, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
IGBO AGAIN

Can you just man up please

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by crystal89: 8:51am On Jul 18, 2015
Get your sure win on sport bets with fixed games, to get on the fixed games contact me by clicking on the link below

https://m.facebook.com/martin.crystal.14?ref_component=mbasic_home_header&ref_page=%2Fwap%2Fhome.php&refid=8

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Segadem(m): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2015
Igbo kwenu

9 Likes

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by ibkgab001: 8:52am On Jul 18, 2015
The man is suffering from BIAFRAMIATOSIS IGBOKULA

15 Likes

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Johnnoah1st: 8:52am On Jul 18, 2015
same2u:

Can you just man up please
I LIE? *LOOKING AT LOCATION ON UR PROFILE* no wonder ur mate are in big cities and u choose to stay in sambisa

4 Likes

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 18, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
I LIE? no wonder ur mate are in big cities and u choose to stay in sambisa

So u judge where I live cos I chose sambisa as my location on nairaland.

But the phrase igbo does not make sense

1 Like

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by JOKLEVIZ(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2015
HMm... Is nw a crime to drive d latest car.. No wonder some igbo men no mata aw rich dey are, they will neva shw it. Some will still be trekking.

2 Likes

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by film2(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2015
99 days is for the thief but day 100 is for the owner....Life in imprisonment straight
Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by equlibrium(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2015
Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by profdotcom: 8:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
IGBO AGAIN
ebi like say u, u use "Igbo" drink tea dis morning.... Idio.t

2 Likes

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by sannirules(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2015
kidnapping shud be made a capital punishment. And all those driving Big cars, watch your backs!!!

1 Like

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by ramond007(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Why say igbo again?are u a tribalist?crime happens every where.well the state of insecurity is truly alarming in nigeria,god help us.
Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by amuniiopz(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2015
BIAFRANS defrauding NIGERIANS since 1800BC....criminal minded set of people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by Johnnoah1st: 8:57am On Jul 18, 2015
same2u:

So u judge where I live cos I chose sambisa as my location on nairaland.

But the phrase igbo does not make sense
BUT Y ALWAYS U? DRUG, KIDNAP, RITUALS E.T.C huh?

4 Likes

Re: How I Co-ordinated Rivers Kidnaps From London –suspect (Pictured) by princdebola201(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Igbos can do anything for Living, this quick Money syndrome has eating deep to their Flat brains, they have successfully Monopolise the crime sector apart from terrorism, Abeg Make sai baba Give them their Biafra make dem carry their wahala Go jare,,
NB-- No EWU GAMBIA should qoute me cos am not the architect of your Miseries

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Kills Neighbour For Looking Inside Her Room In Rivers State / How Much The EFCC Recovered From January Through November, 2019 / Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.