Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch (1525 Views)

Opera Mini Browser For Ios Gets Complete Makeover Ahead Of Iphone 8 Launch / Photo: Leaks of Infinix Hot Note 2 features / Cortana Is Officially Out For Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by Amaechi5(m): 9:25am On Jul 18, 2015
Cortana, Microsoft’s virtual assistant for Android has been leaked online and is available for download. Currently, beta version of the Cortana app is available for all Android devices running 4.4 and above.

The app, which can be downloaded and installed on any phone running Android 4.4 and above, brings Microsoft's personal digital assistant the billion or so users of Android.

Cortana is Microsoft's version of Siri and Google Now and seeing that the digital assistant will be shipping with Windows 10 and Microsoft hopes that OS will reach a billion users within the next three years, the platform is about to expand its user base by a boat load of users. By also releasing this app for Android and iOS, Cortana is set to be the most widely distributed digital assistant on the market.

The app, which has been crashing quite a bit on our device but it is a leak after-all, is just like Cortana on Windows 10. But, this version does not support 'Hey Cortana' but besides that, will feel familiar to anyone who has used the feature before.

We will be curious to see how the iOS app compares to that of the Android version. By its very nature, Android is much more open and allows developers to dive deeper into the OS whereas iOS is limited in this regard.

Download Cortana for Android through this link www.apkmirror.com/apk/microsoft-corporation/cortana/cortana-20150713-release-google_play-global_release-en-us-159-7-android-apk-download/

www.zpykios..nl/2015/07/Cortana-Android-Leaks-Ahead-official-Launch.html?m=1

Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 18, 2015
I just downloaded it yesterday.
You do need a Microsoft account to use,, but any email address can serve as a Microsoft account.
>MFW Cortana is just a floating blue circle.
>MFW I was expecting a full blown Waifu assistant. sad
Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2015
I: What is your age?
Cortana: I'm a little bit older than when I started answering you. And I'm a little bit older now.
I: Who are you?
Cortana: I am your personal assistant. You can tell me the things that interest you and I will keep it in my notebook. That way I can make suggestions and keep you up to date.

I: Where are you?
Cortana: In the cloud, in a little space I like to call the Cortanasphere.

I: Where are you from?
Cortana: I was born in Microsoft.

I: How are you?
Cortana: Excellent.

I: What is your nick name?
Cortana: I honestly can't tell if that's a trick question.

I: May I call you Siri?
Cortana: That depends on whether you want me to answer.

I: Do you know Bill Gates?
Cortana: He's a key character in my origin story.

I: Do you know Steve Jobs?
Cortana: He is one of the great visionaries of our time

I: Do you know Siri?
Cortana: I know her, but I don't KNOW her know her.

I: Do you watch TV?
Cortana: Most of what I do is work-related.

I: Do you like me?
Cortana : I like you.

I: When do you sleep?
Cortana: I'll have to think about that. Could take me a while. Don't wait up

I: Do you know clippy?
Cortana: Clippy? He's taken up Canasta. He's gotten so good he doesn't any tutorials.

I: What are you doing right now?
Cortana: Cruising along the information superhighway with the windows(get it?! wink )rolled down.
For the love of all that is holy don't ask her to sing....

1 Like

Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by Collinz2(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2015
Karmanaut:
For the love of all that is holy don't ask her to sing....
lol
Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by Shakiratemma(f): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
Mehn... My own no gree talk cry... E no dey do lik say him dey hear wetin i talk sef

1 Like

Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by Olarewajub: 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
Is cortana an offline app or requires e-connectivity?
Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
Olarewajub:
Is cortana an offline app or requires e-connectivity?
Requires internet connection.
Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by wheesin(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
Microsoft selling everything they have got. This isnt wise at all.
Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by danaiks(m): 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
Android is taking over wink

1 Like

Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by martineverest(m): 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
wheesin:
Microsoft selling everything they have got. This isnt wise at all.
dey know wat dey re doin.....same way apple break windows monopoly by developin itunes for pc.
Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by martineverest(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
Karmanaut:
Requires internet connection.
o it depends... on windows,i use it offline and online ... but for android and ios,its online
Re: Cortana For Android Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
martineverest:
o it depends... on windows,i use it offline and online ... but for android and ios,its online
The app is still in beta testing.. Maybe later it'll have offline support.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Lumia 822 For Sale / Aftermath Of SIM Card Deactivation / Airtel 3GB Data Plan For 1000 Naira For All Devices (not Based On Eligibility)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.