Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Rivers State Empty Treasury Or So You Thought - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Empty Treasury Or So You Thought (559 Views)

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Things Are Difficult Because Jonathan’s Govt Left Empty Treasury – Gbajabiamila / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Empty Treasury Or So You Thought by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:47am On Jul 18, 2015
Rivers State Governor Barr. Nyesom Wike said the states Treasury is empty and the workers in the state have not been paid for some months now but...

Rivers State governor, Barrister Nyesom Wike, has promised to splash the cash on Nigeria’s Under-23 football team, the Dream Team VI, ahead of Sunday’s 2016 Men’s Olympic football qualifying game against Congo.
Wike was at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on Friday evening to watch the team’s training session and was suitably impressed.
After the session, he revealed that goals scored will be rewarded with cash.
“I want to charge you to go for a resounding victory on Sunday because Nigerians are relying on you.
“For each goal you score on Sunday, I will reward you with $30,000 USD (#6million Naira) while three goals on Sunday will fetch you $100,000 USD,” governor Wike said after the session monitored by supersport.com.
Responding on behalf of the team, head coach, Samson Siasia said the team would not disappoint on Sunday.
“Your Excellency, I want to thank you for making us feel at home since we came into Port Harcourt last week.
“This has been like a home away from home for us and I am assuring you that we will not let you or Nigerians down on Sunday,” he said.

in short, workers have not been paid but I will give 6million naira per goal scored against Congo, Congo! not Spain not Brazil. what if they score 9 goals the states Treasury will truly be empty, Oga Wike should be enlightened we should not have misplaced prioritise
Re: Rivers State Empty Treasury Or So You Thought by frenzymirakk(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2015
Aa

(1) (Reply)

Who Among These Network Is 4.l.9 / Bokoharam At It Again...this Time They Are Facing Children / @saharareporters Fixation On @bukolasaraki Shows Clearly This Has Gone Beyon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.