Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,454 members, 7,843,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death (652 Views)

Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos / Dokpesi Launches PDP Chairmanship Campaign / Profile Of Osagie Ize-Iyamu PDP Governorship Candidate In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death by emmalezy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
A chieftain of the All Progressive Congress (APC ) and the incumbent Vice Chairman of Abeokuta South local government council, Ekundayo Olusola narrowly escaped being killed yesterday as unknown gunmen stormed his house.

But his wife, Adijat Olusola Ekundayo and three children, Shallom,Temitope and Oluwatomisin were not lucky as they were brutally attacked.
The incident occurred at his residence at Ekundayo compound in Obantoko area of Abeokuta, the state capital.

The quick intervention of the neighbours within the area saved the day as the miscreants were chased away by the local vigilante.
Speaking to Naij.com on the hospital bed, wife of the Chairmanship aspirant,disclosed that the six man gang were requesting for the whereabouts of her husband when they broke into their house.

According to her, “gang of six men invaded our house around 2:30am and threatened to kill me and my three children if I did not tell them where my husband is.
“They also threatened that if he go ahead with his chairmanship ambition,he will lose his life and that of his household.
“My children, Shallom,Temitope and Oluwatomisin were seriously beaten,hit at the head with sharp objects which made them all to lost their consciousness and were rushed to the hospital.
“These people were masked so I cannot identify anyone of them. They were fully armed as they came with dangerous weapons like guns, iron rod, acid, matchet and others,which they were wielding to us. Only God save us.
“They did not steal anything in the house,they vandalized my husband car, a Toyota Camry car. What could have been a lifetime painful occurence to my life and that of the entire life could have happenedvif not for the prayer we are having underneath.
“Those boys nearly raped me if not for begging and crying and also seeing the condition of my three children ,who were unconscious at that time”, she narrated.

Mrs Ekundayo however disclosed that several threat messages have been sent to her husband warning him to drop his political ambition of becoming the Chairman of Abeokuta South local government council.
“With the action of these men that very midnight,I want to say emphatically that we saw then was just a tip of an iceberg, our life is in danger. They told me categorically that if they see my husband, they will kill him, so that he will not contest for the Chairmanship seat”, she concluded.
Efforts to get the state police public relations officer, DSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, to comment on the matter proved abortive as his lines were not going through when a call was put across to him.

SOURCE
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/07/apc-chairmanship-candidate-in-ogun.html
Re: APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death by pussygotlips: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hmmm
Re: APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death by ilotriouzAY(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
Nigerian politics ultimate rule----

"Kill or get killed"

In other words,you have to be sharper than your opponent
Re: APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
Sophisticated Amala Politics
Re: APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death by kamair237(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
reservation.....
will be back...
Re: APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death by EASY39(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hey ikuuu, iyen maa gidigan oooooo
Re: APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
Chairman Join CHOSEN!
Re: APC Chairmanship Candidate In Ogun State Escapes Death by obantoko: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP A MAN TO SAVE HIS JOB. GLOBACOM MUST PAY MONEY OWED CONTENT SERVICE PROVIDERS

Dear all,

Recently, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) slammed MTN Nigeria with a huge fine of over $5bn for irregularities levied against the network operator for the sim registration exercise.

In the same vein, a lot of industry analysts believe that Globacom Nigeria dares the authority of the commission based on a petitions sent to the commission by the Wireless Applications Services Providers Association of Nigeria (WASPAN).

The association sent the petition over debts owed by Globacom to its members totaling over N2billion. In the petition; they alleged that Globacom refused to pay them their 20% portion (as per contract) of revenue made by Globacom from Value Added Services rendered to Globacom subscribers since 2013. They also complained that Globacom refuses to give a detailed log of their services to show how much Globacom truly owes them. It is believed that the debt owed by Globacom, if fully investigated, is far in excess of the N2billion claimed as the total outstanding by Globacom.

In its mediatory function as a regulators; NCC had mandated Globacom via a letter dated September 14, 2015 (NCC/CMED/REG-INT/Vol.1/2015) to produce latest September 24, 2015; the detailed logs of the services rendered by the vendors and also make immediate payment to all Wireless Applications Service Providers that are being owed by Globacom within 30 days of receiving invoices from the respective vendors.

The ultimatum given to Globacom had since expired without Globacom complying with any of the directives of the NCC.

Wireless Applications Service Providers believe Globacom is relying on its existence as a Nigerian company to influence the decision of the regulatory body as it has done in past dispensations.

However, service providers hinge their hope on the position of the present regime to support the rule of law and the fact that the new Executive Vice Chairman (EVC); Professor Umar Garba Danbatta will prove to Globacom that the days of reckless impunity are over.

As it is, Wireless Applications Providers may be forced to petition the presidency or perhaps drag the telecoms giant to court to get their money out of Globacom as it is negatively affecting companies involved. Some service providers have had to lay-off staff while a few have gone bankrupt

All hope is now on NCC to decisively intervene in the matter to save the companies involved.

Best Regards

(1) (Reply)

Things Nigerians DON'T Want To Hear From Buhari After His Obama Visit / PHOTOS: Food Competition: Man Eats To ‘death’ Over N625 Stake / Special Radio Biafra Extended Version To Cover The Killing Of Biafrans In Aba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.