Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Diary Of A Pretend HR - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diary Of A Pretend HR (31147 Views)

Best HR Joke In The World!!! / Access Bank: HR Interview 2016 / What Secrets An HR Won’t Tell You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by kunletoks(m): 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Very nice write up. Now I have more understanding why qualified applicants do even get a reply from HRs.

It's annoying sincerely, for one position and seeing about 500 CVs.

Another thing I learnt here is that unemployed people should try and work with companies to get more experience even if they won't be paid.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by MrsAnyanwu(f): 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
PubLlcEnemy:

She dey craze... Many people have come here to give these same advise whilst encouraging and respecting the unemployed...

She come here dey form okonjo iweala dey slight people... Who know wether no be another person work she even copy and paste...

Her papa head.
hahhhhaaaa, u don start again ooo,but wetin man pikin go do nawwww,na joblessness dey cause all dese ones naaaa.....
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by PubLlcEnemy(m): 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
hahhhhaaaa, u don start again ooo,but wetin man pikin go do nawwww,na joblessness dey cause all dese ones naaaa.....

Even the almighty U.S has a rate of unemployment let alone a messed up Nigerian economy... Unemployment will always be here and until our graduates stop getting their degrees to look for jobs,the unemployment will always be high...

So I no blame the op... Na the naija Government wen no make the country a safe destination for investors I blame.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by xpensiv: 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
My HR officer complained about this same problem so many times!

Used to crack jokes on people's CVs, but now she discovered Shortlist Nigeria, so only picks out qualified candidates for roles! It does make sense when I got to understand it.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Raalsalghul: 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Krysstie:
One of the most common Nigerian trend is for unemployed graduates to lament about sending out their CVs over a hundred times a month without getting a single feedback. They even curse the government for not giving them jobs.

What if I say most Nigerian graduates are unemployable? It’s high time you all stop disturbing the mailboxes of recruitment agencies and companies who have better things to do than reading your CVs.

I’m not a Human Resource manager, HR or whatever term they give to those people. I don’t run a recruitment agency. I’m just an observer in one corner of Lagos, almost as good as unemployed. Sometime last week I was opportune to help place a job ad and receive the CVs that come in. Receiving CVs is one of the most difficult part of being a HR. First, the job listing sites do not help matters. You place a job ad in one site because you don’t want your mailbox to overflow with CVs, then other job sites you never knew existed take it upon themselves to publish.

I was set for the excitement and fun that came with receiving CVs for the first time, so I let the job listing sites do what they please, without inkling that it would be a frustrating experience.

As the CVs began to troop in, all I expected was to get applicants who had the relevant job experience stated in the ad, but the reverse was the case. Why would you apply for a job you clearly know you’re not qualified?

The job experience contained in your CV is ‘bar attendant’, ‘sales officer’ and ‘lab attendant’, then you go ahead to apply for the role of web content developer. How does that work? Even if you’re graduate of Mass Communication, I’ll send your CV to trash. Sorry.

Several times I’ve called on people who are unemployed, to take up jobs as guest writers, volunteers and others, where they would be paid little or nothing, but they gain experience which they would include in their CVs. This suggestion of mine has always been turned down. Everyone wants money, not experience. This is why they keep carrying empty CVs, applying for jobs that require experience and having their CVs sent to trash almost all the time.

The most annoying part of my experience was when I felt really insulted. How on earth will you send your CV to multiple companies at the same time? First, you’re not qualified, then I see you sent your CV to my company, Dangote, FCMB and Chrisland schools’ recruitment email. This is just wrong. You don’t even stop there, you go ahead to send it with a funny subject like – ‘Here! My CV, for employment’.

Another version of this was the one who forwarded the application email he had just sent to another company. It doesn’t end there, the CV wasn’t in Microsoft word format, not in PDF, but pasted in the body of the email. Yes. That’s how bad it was.

You see, when the HR manager or whoever is receiving CVs get 20+ mails from unqualified individuals, the next question that comes to mind is, “Can I just get a few qualified applicants”? The moment about 5 qualified CVs arrive, that’s almost always the end of the show. If the HR is not as impatient as I am, he or she might decide to go through the frustrating experience of opening another 20+ unqualified CVs in a bid to wait for 5 more qualified applicants.

This is what happens when you’re qualified but never get called. There are tons of people applying, 80 percent of the CVs are empty and unqualified. Once the HR gets 5 percent of qualified applicants that he needs, the door closes and the remaining CVs might never get opened because it’s frustrating to open yet another scary document.

Again, I’m not a HR, but I have acted it, and it’s really frustrating to receive CVs. You’re 31 years of age, meaning you must have finished your Secondary School education many years ago. There’s no argument about that because you graduated from the University in 2009. Secondary School will definitely be a long time ago. Now, why bring it into your CV that you were a time keeper during your Secondary School days? Who cares about that? Does it relate to the job you’re applying for? Even if it does, no one will take a look at that.

Qualification and experience is stated in job ads, pay attention. Applying for jobs doesn’t mean sending your CV to whatever recruitment email you come across. It’s a serious business!
If your job application is not a serious business for you, it is for the HR. Don’t go about getting phone numbers from the websites of companies who place job ads. This might sound strange, but it’s real. You come across a job ad you’re qualified for, and instead of sending your CV to the email provided, you go ahead to the company’s website, pick a phone number that was provided for inquiry purpose and then call to give unwanted ‘gists’ about how qualified you are for the role. No one is interested. Save your airtime and send your CV!

The job recruitment and application process is just crazy! From just one job ad, over a 100 CVs are received. How about a solution? There should probably be a way to close the mailboxes after a maximum number of CVs has been received. It’s really frustrating for the HR, and also frustrating for you to keep applying for jobs month after month without feedback. Save your CV from a life in the trash folder. Get experience! Read the job ad over and over again to know if your qualification and experience fit! Make things easy for yourself and whoever is receiving the CVs.

You’re probably asking how on earth you’ll get experience if you don’t get employed? There are tons of jobs that do not require experience, take advantage of them and respect the wish of those who seek experienced applicants. I had fun receiving CVs as a pretend HR, but at this point, it’s no longer fun. The mailbox is weeping, and as frustrated as I am. Tell those still applying that it’s all over. Let them know they’ll never get a feedback. In fact, inform them that successful applicants have not only been selected, they’ve also resumed work.

All the best in your job search!

http://houseofmo.com/diary-of-a-pretend-hr/
To tell you the truth: I really wanted to like your post, but I can't help but noticed how your points contradicts each other. While some of your points made sense, the others didn't. What you've written here is mediocre at best and can't be valued as quality advice. Secondly, the statement “Nigerian graduates are unemployable” is becoming somewhat of a cliché that has been used to death: if there are no jobs, why don't you tell us and stop the blame game. Furthermore, I have read widely and know what it takes to be employable and anywhere I go I see some graduates if not all that are employable and it baffles me that employers still give this cliché reason of “Nigerian graduates are unemployable”. Why don't you people rephrase the statement like this: “Some Nigerian graduates are unemployable” or “Most Nigerian graduates are unemployable” rather than giving us the same trite excuse of “Nigerian graduates are unemployable”. Finally, so what, we are unemployable, but what have you employers done to drastically decrease the un employability of Nigerian graduates. Have you carried out seminars, career fairs e.t.c in Nigerian universities making them aware of the requirements of employability. Have the employers ever picked up potential candidates and trained them up to their standards. Oh! Let me guess: no, because you are trying to save costs and maximise profits and the only way you can mask that is by resorting to the cliché sentence of “Nigerian graduates are unemployable”. If your write up is meant to impress and squeeze out praises from me, then am sorry you have failed because your write up is formulaic, trite, cliché and mediocre.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Hawlahscho(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Never bothered to read all that. But am also a graduate of OAU and have been roaming the street of lagos for up to 8 months now without a job. Abeg if anybody fit get me a job i'll be glad ooo. Is not easy surviving without a job, life is just getting more and more frustrating on a daily basis. Abeg pm me oooo if you have anywhere you can hook me

It shows that you are lazy.

Read the long post first and you shall get your dream job.

Shikena!

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by castro316: 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
kennytidistar:
I don't believe in this unemployable slogan, Nigerians are unemployable and foreign countries like dubai, south Africa Australia even US search for Nigerian graduate, let face our reality, there is no Job period, in dubai you work in for interview because vacancy surpasses working class, here in Nigeria *clear throat* 2 position, 20,000 application, I beg no job for naija, even the government know this, that is Why It's better to encourage entrepreneurship than receiving application to give jobs that never exist, even some company want you to work for free when you have family at home, work experience indeed.
That is because nobody wants to work as a secretary, nobody wants to work as a teacher nobody wants to work as a book keeper, nobody wants to work as a marketer, nobody wants to work as a social worker, nobody wants to be a farmer.

We all want to work in oil and gas companies, government house, hospitals, banks, law firms, dangote companies etisalat mtn glo airtel name it.

Who will fill in the other positions? If the whole Nigeria should go for this little ventures, why won't u say there are no jobs? Have u applied for the job as a secondary school teacher and they rejected you? Hmm?

I am jejely serving in NYSC farms and I proud about it despite the shoutings of my parents despite the fact that I finished as an elect/elect engineering student. I told the state coordinator to put me there and he was surprised. At present I am using my engineering skills in project management to better the place and am receiving recommendation from my manager and my director and bet me I will win an award while I am here. The experience here is fabulous. So humble yourself and see how u can serve. Its thru these small small areas the u will meet that ladder that will propel u to those multi national companies u so desire. You can't go higher if u don't meet ppl. You can't be known while u r sitting in ur house. It is when u movie out that u can recognise opportunities. Watching all the seasons of merlin, and kyle XY and bliv heaven will help u. Abeg o life is not a bed of roses.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by DanielPop(m): 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
Then you are the one the "long notes" is speaking to.

Adaahjacob:
I hate long notes, damn.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by chinkichun: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
castro316:

My bro seriously the problem with Nigerian youth these days is that they are not willing to work. They want to make it big overnight and this incites disdain in their choice of jobs. Many want to work in firms where they are underemployed for and expect to be taken in because their mates are working in big firms so as to belong, but the thing is they themselves are not fit for those positions.

Rather than acquire experience from low paying jobs and study more for wisdom (motivational books and all that) they spend their days doing nothing and feel miracles will come from nowhere. I see them everywhere especially where I am serving and it worries me. Many of them can't write a simple letter and they want to work in oil company. Hian!

Good point but it's not easy out here bro. Most 'corpers' are of this opinion until they finish serving. Bro, fine, there are some graduates who aren't so smart and intelligent, but then again, there are lots of smart folks out there languishing who haven't made it.

My point is: it's not easy being an unemployed Nigerian graduate. Too many variables affect your chances of getting a good job.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Krysstie: 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

Are you for real...This is a nice write up and you are here calling the Op names.. undecided undecided

Those are the kinds that remain jobless..
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Krysstie: 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
PubLlcEnemy:

People made mistakes out of desperation,instead of advicing them on how to go about things in future you are here insulting your head....Thank God you too are jobless.

Big Fool.
Ugly thing.
Look @ ur face like my anuz
With your head like wolnut.

This is exactly y u remain jobless! You need help...
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
Some people know within themselves that they don't possess the skills required to land these jobs yet keep quoting what they did in primary 6 and how they became head boy in secondary school. Like seriously? As if that would help the company in any way. I am one such person who doesn't need to apply for a job till my dying day. I already have tons of skills i can offer any company wherever they are in the world. Years of being a freelancer, developing in-demand skills and earning income from with them has placed me at a level where i am above my peers who are still sending CV's daily in hope of getting jobs where 10.000 people are competing for 5 or 10 positions. I feel for the youths and that is why we at brilliantlightsmedia have created a program to help us out. Now read the following

[b]Meanwhile Read this...........

143 millions lines are connected today in Nigeria, more than half of that are making use of the internet service on their Smartphones, PC's and Tablets. Almost all of that average use more than 1 gigabyte worth of data monthly. That is, the normal Johnny on the street probably spends an average of #2000 surfing the web every month and #24,000 yearly. The amount goes higher when you move up a level higher to you and me. What are we doing with the data? Just scrolling through pages, viewing pictures and videos or actually doing something that could boost our financial status.

While some people may argue that people just want to buy data to do these, i have no problem with that. But i am aware there is no man on the planet who is comfortable with where he is. Human wants are insatiable, thus the hunger for improvement in every sphere of human nature. If you are one of such persons who has gotten to that point where you just don't feel right being on a Trillion Dollar per month platform which is the internet and not even able to make a single dollar off it, then this is for you.

Join fiverr today with your valuable mobile data and start making money working from your living room. Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have gig extras of upto $100, $200 and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 selling your skill on fiverr every month! For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands are making money off it every day. However, those who make money on fiverr are not unskilled individuals who jump in because of the benefits it offers. Those who make money on fiverr are those who have taken time and effort to develop hot, in-demand skills and that is what we want to show you to develop this skills. You will receive professional training to teach you how to create an account and Gigs specific to each of these 5 hot service you would like to learn, which are:

Article Writing
- Learn how to write Unique, SEO optimized articles for businesses from all over the world.
- Learn how to deliver your articles professionally with positive feedbacks and high ratings.
- Receive training on getting repeat orders and promoting your gigs.
- Learn How to offer additional related services like Press Release writing, Reviews and Proofreading $ Editing.

Graphics Design
- Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop to design 2D, Kindle, 3D ebook covers, Logos, Banners, Business cards, Header Graphic, Landing Page, Facebook and twitter cover images and so many other graphics designs.
- Learn how to offer your basic graphics design gigs as well as your Gig extras that can rake you more than $500 to $1000 every month on one account alone.
- Learn how to design Professional Portfolio with samples of your work to attract big buyers.

Web Designing
- Learn how to become a professional Wordpress Website Designer and Developer.
- Learn how you can get proper domain names and get cheap quality hosting.
- Discover how to customize plugins, install widgets, Design web graphics, generate contents, add Ecommerce store and so many other functions.
- Designing Landing Pages and Squeeze pages.
- Find out how you can sell your different web design service options listed above for more than $100 gig extras each!

Video and Animation
- Learn how to create commercial videos for businesses
- Learn how to use Video Scribe software in creating Whiteboard videos(the type of video used by Nigerian banks) and Using Video Maker FX in creating explainer videos.
- Learn how to add Voiceovers, special effects to these videos and what kind of Gig extras can sell in this service.

Social Media Management Service
- Learn the intricacies of the highly profitable Social Media Management business.
- Learn how to create various social Pages and managing them.
- Develop professional interaction skills to help you turn fans, followers and friends into customers for your clients business.

If you wish to know more about each service please visit our training page @ Brilliantlights Media Training Page All of the services training have been produced as hours of videos and tools which have been packaged in DVD's so participants can all enjoy the lessons from the comfort of their homes. What are you waiting for? Get on board this money raking train by getting your own package now @ Brilliantlights Media Training Packages Shop/b]

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by castro316: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
PubLlcEnemy:

Who is your "bro"

Your FAGG0T father and your WH0RE mother are BIG FOOLS

My brother let me tell u something. By calling my father a gay and my mum a LovePeddler will not change the way my lovely parents are to me. They will be the most caring ppl I will respect tiiiiiiillllll they will be no more. U make me love them more by mentioning them here so thanks.

The person I pity is u my brother who doesn't know who he is and where he comes from. Whoever u are I apologize for calling u a fool cos my bible warns that u shld call no one a fool. But try and get urself cos I think u r a little deluded that's if u understand what I mean.

I will not reply u again if u send me any replies cos it will not do me any good. So have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Codyt(m): 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
castro316:

My brother let me tell u something. By calling my father a gay and my mum a LovePeddler will not change the way my lovely parents are to me. They will be the most caring ppl I will respect tiiiiiiillllll they will be no more. U make me love them more by mentioning them here so thanks.

The person I pity is u my brother who doesn't know who he is and where he comes from. Whoever u are I apologize for calling u a fool cos my bible warns that u shld call no one a fool. But try and get urself cos I think u r a little deluded that's if u understand what I mean.

I will not reply u again if u send me any replies cos it will not do me any good. So have a nice day.
Well placed! No time. grin grin
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by blessingee: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
Princepri:

Op no make unemployed graduates ves' with you and curse you do you know the pain some of them go through after been jobless for a longtime after grauduating from the uni without a job still depending on their parents for their basic needs when it is them who supposed to feed their parents
I think you got to respect yourself because you are opportuned to be in an office or a ceo of an organisation does not make others your steeping stone.

do you need more traffic to your website or blog or you have goods and services you would like to showcase online then purchase our very interactive real facebook page in the niche comedy,entertainment and news of over 13,000 like at very affordable rate and you get our interactive unique facebook account of over 5,000 friends if interested quote me and drop your contact and i will contact you

Email me details blessingee@yahoo.com
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Damalex4luv(m): 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
[quote author=Hawlahscho post=36167417]

It shows that you are lazy.

Read the long post first and you shall get your dream job.

Shikena![/quote

You're stup1d for saying am lazy, you expect me to read a post where a lady took a job which is not hers upon herself, so I should be reading every post on front page before I could land a job. You must be dumb for that statement

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by obajoey(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
sometimes those questions doesnt define the ability of a potential employee. It is sometimes not in the words but in the performance. some great skills are discovered on the job. Most potential employee always feel bad when they know they have so much to give but the mr/mrs HR sitting right infront of him/her lacks the vision to see that.

As the saying goes "ability is not define by what you have done but by what you can do".

*very common with the over-sabi HR ladies

Daresh:

As an employer myself I take it upon myself to answer your question. If you cannot impress me with your answers, how do you intend to impress my clients to trust you with millions? Presentation and composure is key to getting a job.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by bukatyne(f): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Never bothered to read all that. But am also a graduate of OAU and have been roaming the street of lagos for up to 8 months now without a job. Abeg if anybody fit get me a job i'll be glad ooo. Is not easy surviving without a job, life is just getting more and more frustrating on a daily basis. Abeg pm me oooo if you have anywhere you can hook me

Perhaps reading the OP is the first step to getting a job.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Krysstie: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Raalsalghul:
To tell you the truth: I really wanted to like your post, but I can't help but noticed how your points contradicts each other. While some of your points made sense, the others didn't. What you've written here is mediocre at best and can't be valued as quality advice. Secondly, the statement “Nigerian graduates are unemployable” is becoming somewhat of a cliché that has been used to death: if there are no jobs, why don't you tell us and stop the blame game. Furthermore, I have read widely and know what it takes to be employable and anywhere I go I see some graduates if not all that are employable and it baffles me that employers still give this cliché reason of “Nigerian graduates are unemployable”. Why don't you people rephrase the statement like this: “Some Nigerian graduates are unemployable” or “Most Nigerian graduates are unemployable” rather than giving us the same trite excuse of “Nigerian graduates are unemployable”. Finally, so what, we are unemployable, but what have you employers done to drastically decrease the un employability of Nigerian graduates. Have you carried out seminars, career fairs e.t.c in Nigerian universities making them aware of the requirements of employability. Have the employers ever picked up potential candidates and train them up to their standards. Oh! Let me guess: no, because you are trying to save costs and maximise profits and the only way you can mask that is by resorting to the cliché sentence of “Nigerian graduates are unemployable”. If your write up is meant to impress and squeeze out praises from me, then am sorry you have failed because your write up is formulaic, trite, cliché and mediocre.

Nice point! Employers should 'carry out seminars, career fairs e.t.c in Nigerian universities making them aware of the requirements of employability'. Then, the write up is not meant to impress and squeeze out praises from you. No one has to like it...I just shared my experience and gave little advice that I felt will be of help...
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by castro316: 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
chinkichun:

Good point but it's not easy out here bro. Most 'corpers' are of this opinion until they finish serving. Bro, fine, there are some graduates who aren't so smart and intelligent, but then again, there are lots of smart folks out there languishing who haven't made it.

My point is: it's not easy being an unemployed Nigerian graduate. Too many variables affect your chances of getting a good job.

Nice one bro the thing is I learnt from experience that its only when u meet a strong opponent u will know how strong u r meaning that if u don't go out and struggle. Fine u may fail but u will not know how weak and un learnt one is and correct urself.

Look, my dad is a chief and I have the luxury of 3 sqaure meals and four cars at my disposal but after finishing my degree I decided to pick taxi driving as a job to find out what is so hard about this life. Under the sun, under the rain, rough handled by garage boys caught by timariv (similar to LASTMA) in rivers state saw different types of human beings and different xters, going some days with little pay in my pocket and so on.

I learnt much about people and didn't know I had started building my inter personal skills, I learnt how to get up as early as 4 am so as so meet up with target and this has followed me till now. I met ppl that changed my life while in the biz and so on. So where I am going to is that I learnt how to hustle in trying times - something I won't have done if I was at home. And most importantly I met God I was closer to me than I expected.

My lovely dad was surprised when I came back I was stronger and I understood him better when he was broke. Before I never knew that even chiefs go broke. I became a man quick. Till today I will never, never, ever regret my choice to go into taxi driving biz.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by kennytidistar(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
castro316:

That is because nobody wants to work as a secretary, nobody wants to work as a teacher nobody wants to work as a book keeper, nobody wants to work as a marketer, nobody wants to work as a social worker, nobody wants to be a farmer.

We all want to work in oil and gas companies, government house, hospitals, banks, law firms, dangote companies etisalat mtn glo airtel name it.

Who will fill in the other positions? If the whole Nigeria should go for this little ventures, why won't u say there are no jobs? Have u applied for the job as a secondary school teacher and they rejected you? Hmm?

I am jejely serving in NYSC farms and I proud about it despite the shoutings of my parents despite the fact that I finished as an elect/elect engineering student. I told the state coordinator to put me there and he was surprised. At present I am using my engineering skills in project management to better the place and am receiving recommendation from my manager and my director and bet me I will win an award while I am here. The experience here is fabulous. So humble yourself and see how u can serve. Its thru these small small areas the u will meet that ladder that will propel u to those multi national companies u so desire. You can't go higher if u don't meet ppl. You can't be known while u r sitting in ur house. It is when u movie out that u can recognise opportunities. Watching all the seasons of merlin, and kyle XY and bliv heaven will help u. Abeg o life is not a bed of roses.

How many candidates can these sector you mentioned above can accommodate?, do not forget that all job position have their requirements, which school will employ a graduate without NCE or PGDE, except that school is no accredited be it primary or secondary, maybe some of you don't know that government policy sometimes multiplies the problem? all the sectors have standard and labour law have standard But here in Nigeria nobody comply with labour law, How will you take up a sales job in a bank that gives you unrealistic target and base you on commission not even a fix salary, in every employment policy there must be provisions for pension and gratuity, How many so called company have such plan for their slavery like staff they ride on like horses, I also served in a school years back before I relocated to Lagos, remo Methodist high school comply with labour law, if you work their your sure of your gratuity, How many other schools even the agric you talk about comply with labour law, Nigeria is not getting it right, That's the fact, many Nigerian runs to dubai to pick up contract jobs that last for two years, and their gratuity after two years is guarantee and still renewable my brother, you're young let no body brain wash you into slavery, the truth is there is no job in Nigeria start up an enterprise, learn something you can lay your hand on that will bring good money for you after passing out, listen to that unemployable lyrics at your own peril, my two cents,
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by roughdiamond(m): 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pls I beg you in the name of God,stop calling Nigerian Graduates unemployable but write to Nigerian Government to revise school curriculum. I was mad with my school last time I visited,same person who taught you nothing calls you unemployable.Personally I am not Boko Haram but certificate Haram. Outdated syllabus should be dropped for current happenings.I asked my lecturer why she should teach us 8086 computer Architecture in this world of Dual core&Core I-series and all she could answer was that,that's what she was given to teach.I feel like sueing my school for fraud,deceit&scam.pls op if you called Nigerian graduates unemployable in the past stop&proffer solution

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by styles2009: 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Damalex4luv:

The typical paper graduate, you never bother to read,if you had read it, you would have learnt 1 or 2 things from it.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by castro316: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
kennytidistar:

How many candidates can these sector you mentioned above can accommodate?, do not forget that all job position have their requirements, which school will employ a graduate without NCE or PGDE, except that school is no accredited be it primary or secondary, maybe some of you don't know that government policy sometimes multiplies the problem? all the sectors have standard and labour law have standard But here in Nigeria nobody comply with labour law, How will you take up a sales job in a bank that gives you unrealistic target and base you on commission not even a fix salary, in every employment policy there must be provisions for pension and gratuity, How many so called company have such plan for their slavery like staff they ride on like horses, I also served in a school years back before I relocated to Lagos, remo Methodist high school comply with labour law, if you work their your sure of your gratuity, How many other schools even the agric you talk about comply with labour law, Nigeria is not getting it right, That's the fact, many Nigerian runs to dubai to pick up contract jobs that last for two years, and their gratuity after two years is guarantee and still renewable my brother, you're young let no body brain wash you into slavery, the truth is there is no job in Nigeria start up an enterprise, learn something you can lay your hand on that will bring good money for you after passing out, listen to that unemployable lyrics at your own peril, my two cents,

Ok let me put it this way. Can u do something for me just a simple favor.
1) Go to well paying firm of ur choice
2) strike a deal with the the manager that u want to work for free. that he should give u just enough to pay for you feeding and transport
3)bear it in mind that this is going to be a very tough time for u but u only need to gain experience from that firm
4)forget about laws and learn everything u can from that biz. Even though ur boss shouts on u. In short be result oriented
Make sure the point men i.e the manager accounts, supervisors of that company recognize ur efforts
5)take a journal and write reports of how the biz run and see how to make that biz better

6)learn to be an expert in writing letters. That's one weapon in the corporate world. Know how to write in a way to convince whoever and not offend the person

7) be as humble as possible. If possible stay on the ground. If u r pisssed, relax and remember it is just for a short while - one year
Ur motive actually is to work as a spy. Ur objective is to get as many contacts as u can as fast as possible including the customers that will help u one day outside that premises be nice to them. These ppl are ppl u don't see walking on the streets everyday but u catch them in such places
Discuss on a cup of coffee with ur boss how u can make this or that better in the company and u will see how ur boss will open up to you

Even though u don't get to work there again u already have the experience for ur cv and COOONNTAACCTS FOR UR NEXT JOB

That's what u get from working without payment.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by princeshijman(m): 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Damalex4luv:

Olodo made "an fantastic", also you said "what they noticed happening in an HR"
And you claimed to have read the post. I pray all the curses stated in your post are all urs. You must be very stupid for even qouting me. Try go back to school because we're not mates idiot
seriously u are unemployable..u wey dey find job wey no fit read ow many paragraph.ow u wan take crosscheck ur c.v, go solve ur ish first cus na u nid to revisit ur institution. u are a disgrace to o.a.u

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Hawlahscho(m): 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Damalex4luv:
You're stup1d for saying am lazy, you expect
me to read a post where a lady took a job
which is not hers upon herself, so I should be
reading every post on front page before I
could land a job. You must be dumb for that
statement

Sorry man, am through with you.

***modified***

"If you keep throwing stone @ every dog that barks @u, you may not get to your destination"

I REALLY WISH YOU READ THE LITTLE WRITE UP AND GAIN FROM IT
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by rudebouy: 11:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Damalex4luv:

My advice: Apply for a teaching job very close to ur house. Day will pay you small tin sha but you will have sth to do, plus you wont have to be jobless again.

But d problem with youth today is nobody wants to start small. Day say how can I do a 15k per month job, as a graduate? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens / My Former HR Is Disturbing Me / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.