Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards (61064 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The 2016 AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards / Full List Of Winners At #AMVCA2016 / Complete List Of Winners In The Mtv Base Mama Awards 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by AderibigbeAAA(m): 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
halfrica:

It doesnt mean anytin achievement or no achievement awards dont make u
At one point wande coal too won awards why did he break out
Its all bou individual determination
So cos a frnd of urs got an award for a competition dat u are into dat means such frnd is better dan u?
Nah ok same way exams dnt determine ur achievement in life
*great people are examples bill gate and co*
Awards are just for encouragement dats all so cos dbanj won evolution award den he is better in quality delivery dan asa and 2face?
Or if grammy is goin to give an award btwn asa and dbanj who wud dey giv it to?

Any award the involves fans voting for Nominee is a waste of time...
Set criteria, get panel of experts, let the panel use the criteria to judge and award winners ...Not some scam where fans vote the popular people on social media

Grammy don't do that and the winners of Grammy are based on the quality of the songs and not one dude paying friends and families to vote his or her less quality songs for award
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Ileriahur(m): 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
P-square! I just love these guys, nice performance.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by darmys(f): 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ileriahur:
P-square! I just love these guys, nice performance.

yes. me too

3 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by homesteady(m): 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
scondy:

I agree Godwin is a bigger hit but katapot is 200% a more quality song. Godwin is a mediocre song but trust naija to hype it cos of the religious inclination. Korede bello has a unique sultry voice but he is kind of lazy. Didn't bring out creativity in that Godwin Could actually pass for just a church praise song.. Katapot....that is a jam right there.

@bolded - That's just the bone of contention here!

Using 'Godwin' to compose a song is not creative enough?
Ain't you tired of hearing of songs talking about haters? Mavins crew just sang looku looku - about haters, then Reekado Banks then released another song(katapot) about haters!

Abeg Godwin was/is fresh air! Everybody can relate with one or verses in that song!

3 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
halfrica:

So cos bill gate is on forbes list it determines his success
See if gates networths is gone forbes list wud exempt his name
Dey were also some people who were once on forbes list and are nt their again
Notin determines ones success except ones determination
Stop makin artist feel dat no award no success
No award no album sale
There are most people who love some artists and are just not interested in awards shows and dey dont even boda to vote .
Attachin award to success is like *mental slavery*
So cos davido won now if i want to organise a classic party dnt u tink i rada call asa and tuface and psquare dan davido

End of discussion!
I don't have to argue with a non-musician, or one who doesn't understand how these things work.
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by vosquare: 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
homesteady:

@bolded - That's just the bone of contention here!

Using 'Godwin' to compose a song is not creative enough?
Ain't you tired of hearing of songs talking about haters? Mavins crew just sang looku looku - about haters, then Reekado Banks then released another song(katapot) about haters!

Abeg Godwin was/is fresh air! Everybody can relate with one or verses in that song!

That is it

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by shaboti: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
vosquare:

This night award
they won the award for 'best group'
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Khutie: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ugik:
go check again for youtube.it aint oliver twist bro

... tel him bruh!!!! PERSONALLY by Psquare z topping d chart

2 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by CallMeMadMan: 12:00am On Jul 19, 2015
Na only pato, d'banj, obo n psquare be better people, the rest na mad people grin grin
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by mablie(m): 12:05am On Jul 19, 2015
Why was burnaboy wearing that winter coat?Was it snowing in durban?
Davido oversized,heavy shoes just dey make me laugh.He couldn't even walk properly with them

Dbanj?..hasn't that guy already lost his relevance?
Did anyone else notice the rag seyi shay was wearing?What about that horrid weave on her head?
Yemi Alade done add weight.She should cut down on her puff puff consumption.Did you notice the tom and jerry way she ended her performance?Chaii!
Did anyone see the outfit that SA rapper ricky rick wore?Nna mehn
Cassper Nyovest outfit?Kai!!and what's up with that irritating hair hanging on his head?and why the hell was that stocky lady with blond hair just calling his name over and over again?Abeg
Except don jazzy every other award recipient talked tooooo damn much.Ah ah e don do
South africans seem to only scream for their artistes and ignore the other artistes from the rest of africa.That wasn't the case when the show was hosted in nigeria and kenya
My best performances?Toofan and neyo
Best outfits?Jhene Aiko and don jazzy
Too much immaturity displayed by artistes at this years MAMAs.Next time they should be more african and less black american wannabes and the organisation was quite shoddy
Rating:2/10

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by 14(m): 12:06am On Jul 19, 2015
Stars of the African and international music industry came out in force tonight in KwaZulu-Natal,
South Africa for the fifth uplifting edition of the MTV Africa Music Awards KwaZulu-Natal . Saluting and
championing African music, youth culture and achievement, MAMA 2015 brought the continent
together for a massive celebration contemporary music and creativity, including electrifying
performances, collaborations and awards presentations.
The MTV Africa Music AwardsKwaZulu-Natal2015 , brought to you by KwaZulu-Natal Province in
association with Absolut Vodka andin partnership with The City of Durban, returns to the Durban
International Convention Centre (ICC), KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa on Saturday 18 July 2015.
The big winners on the night included Nigerian stars Yemi Alade and Davido , who took home the Best
Male and Best Female awards, respectively, while hip hop star Cassper Nyovest nabbed theBest Hip
Hopaward. “Koko master”, D’Banj, won the MAMA Evolution award, a new category honouring
established artists who have made an indelible mark on African and global music culture, taken
African music to new territories around the world, pushed the boundaries of creativity, and shaped the
soundscape of contemporary Africa.
South African comedian and newly appointed Daily Show host Trevor Noah triumphed in Personality
of the Year . Patoranking won Best New Act Transformed by Absolut, given in recognition of new and
emerging artists. Saran Kaba Jones and S’Bu Mavundla shared equal honours for the MTV Base
Leadership award.
Stunning collaborations between artists of different genres saw NE-YO take to the stage with Seyi
Shay , 2Face collaborating with Bucie , Sauti Sol pairing up with Yemi Alade and Patoranking swapping
beats with K.O . The show ended on a high with a jubilant medley mash-up by Artist of the Decade
winners P-Square, featuring hit tracks “Personally”, “Chop My Money”, “Alingo” and “Shekini”. Other
performers included DJ Fisherman, NaakmusiQ, DJ Tira, Anselmo Ralph, Danger from Big Nuz,
Duncan, Burna Boy, Stonebwoy, Da LES, Diamond, Flavour, Toofan, D’Banj, Davido, Uhuru, Black
Motion and Cassper Nyovest.
Emmy award nominated actor, Anthony Anderson captivated the 5,000-strong MAMA audience with
his lively humour, engaging charisma and unexpected outfit changes.
Commenting after the show, Alex Okosi, Senior Vice President & Managing Director, Viacom
International Media Networks (VIMN) Africa , said: “Africa is a continent of the now and the future;
tonight was testament to that. MAMA 2015 represented and reflected the abundant amount of
creativity and passion this continent breeds.”
The MAMA 2015 coincided with the nationwide celebration of the late Nelson Mandela’s birthday, a
fact that was touched on by artists in the show.
Walking the red carpet at the awards were nominees Bonang Matheba, HHP , Chameleone,
Dreamteam, HHP, Riky Rick, Samini, OC Ukeje, Bebe Cool, Mpumi, Jovi, Uhuru and Vanessa Mdee .
Other famous faces included comedian Trevor Gumbi , Nigerian OAP Toolz , MTV Shuga star and Mr
Nigeria Emmanuel Ikbese, BET “Top Actor” winner Altovise Lawrence, Miss South Africa Liesl Laurie ,
Boity, Khuli Chana, Joselyn Dumas, Jessica Nkosi, actress Zikhona Sodlaka , and MTV Base VJs
Sizwe, Nomuzi, Ehiz and Sandile.
2015 MTV Africa Music Awards Winners:
Best Female: Yemi Alade (Nigeria)
Best Male: Davido (Nigeria)
Best Group: P-Square (Nigeria)
Best New Act Transformed by Absolut: Patoranking (Nigeria)
Best Hip Hop: Cassper Nyovest (South Africa)
Best Collaboration: AKA, Burna Boy, Da LES & JR: “All Eyes On Me” (SA/Nigeria)
Song of the Year: Mavins: “Dorobucci” (Nigeria)
Best Live: Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania)
Video of the Year: “Nafukwa” – Riky Rick; Director: Adriaan Louw
Best Pop & Alternative: Jeremy Loops (South Africa)
Best Francophone: DJ Arafat (Ivory Coast)
Best Lusophone: Ary (Angola)
Personality of the Year: Trevor Noah (South Africa)
MAMA Evolution: D’Banj (Nigeria)
Best International: Nicki Minaj
Artist of the Decade: P-Square
MTV Base Leadership Award: Saran Kaba Jones & S’Bu Mavundla
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by jeoprince250(m): 12:07am On Jul 19, 2015
rhoseti1:
where duyu live?or probably u don't have a radio set...how can you say banks doesn't av any song as hit as Godwin? lol...
but it's true, no Banks song is at big as Godwin
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by jeoprince250(m): 12:11am On Jul 19, 2015
halfrica:

It doesnt mean anytin achievement or no achievement awards dont make u
At one point wande coal too won awards why did he break out
Its all bou individual determination
So cos a frnd of urs got an award for a competition dat u are into dat means such frnd is better dan u?
Nah ok same way exams dnt determine ur achievement in life
*great people are examples bill gate and co*
Awards are just for encouragement dats all so cos dbanj won evolution award den he is better in quality delivery dan asa and 2face?
Or if grammy is goin to give an award btwn asa and dbanj who wud dey giv it to?
u r so on point
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by jeoprince250(m): 12:19am On Jul 19, 2015
halfrica:

So cos bill gate is on forbes list it determines his success
See if gates networths is gone forbes list wud exempt his name
Dey were also some people who were once on forbes list and are nt their again
Notin determines ones success except ones determination
Stop makin artist feel dat no award no success
No award no album sale
There are most people who love some artists and are just not interested in awards shows and dey dont even boda to vote .
Attachin award to success is like *mental slavery*
So cos davido won now if i want to organise a classic party dnt u tink i rada call asa and tuface and psquare dan davido
loving ur write ups!!!.
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by vicenzo(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2015
P square, simply the best. Quality and top notch hits over the decades, many have come and gone, but the duo are still up there and as relevant as air.

http://notjustok.com/2015/07/03/the-10-most-viewed-nigerian-music-videos-on-youtube-ever/2/

Numbers don't lie!

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by emillionaire: 12:45am On Jul 19, 2015
SEE COMPLETE LIST OF MTVMAMA MUSIC AWARD WINNERS !!
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by chaberry(m): 12:51am On Jul 19, 2015
Sunnypa11:
The nominees of the most dangerous people of the year are

Zulu king of vuvuzela kingdom
Shekau of sambisa desert

And the award goes to...................

Zulu king of xenophobia shout Africa......

Comment after receiving the award...

Thank you for this wonderful award,To all the blood s.....u.c.kers and killers,i love you....special shoutout to my brother in nigeria Shekau
hahaha, but why did u left out Oba of lagoon, sorry Lagos

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by chaberry(m): 12:54am On Jul 19, 2015
vosquare:
To me o, Godwin hit pass katapot and chop am but korede no sing pass reekado
Bros! The both are overrated, left on their own, their career will just die down
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by benchosky(m): 1:08am On Jul 19, 2015
Bt y is it dat timaya no dae ever win award and he is by far better dan most of dis pple winning.

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 19, 2015
safarigirl:
The Evolution award was won via tweets. So, peeps were paid to make the #EvolutionD'banj trend yesterday. No surprises he won it, doesn't particularly mean much.

Biggest winners were P-Square....Artistes of the Decade, well deserved and no mago magp involved
Well,the award worth $1, . and he has collected it. You can choke urself to death,baby. my guy is unstoppable.

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by moufan: 1:29am On Jul 19, 2015
homesteady:

The matter surprise me oh gringrin
He has not even released any hit as big as Godwin, and he is already forming rubbish big boy grin
errm,katapot and sugar baby
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by moufan: 1:37am On Jul 19, 2015
homesteady:

Haa! Are you seriously debating this issue? undecided undecided

look at their views on YouTube -
Katapot -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nURR7Hzay4Q&itct=CDsQpDAYACITCJOS17je5cYCFcTMGAodl4sC2lIXa2F0YXBvdCAtIFJlZWthZG8gQmFua3M%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Published on Jun 12, 2015

Godwin -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w14zUTXOhYE&itct=CB8QpDAYAiITCMiG7rze5cYCFZRDGAodSa4NFTIGcmVsbWZ1SISX6-bHvZSinQE%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

Published on Jun 3, 2015

So which song is a bigger hit?
A song that made him to perform at presidential inauguration dinner oh undecided undecided
your level of ignorance baffles me, so bcus Godwin has more views on YouTube than katapot means it's more of a hit?
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by obidevine(m): 5:02am On Jul 19, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Following.. grin grin
. Thinkin of taking her to the next mamas awards
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Frankiss44(m): 6:49am On Jul 19, 2015
mablie:
Why was burnaboy wearing that winter coat?Was it snowing in durban?
Davido oversized,heavy shoes just dey make me laugh.He couldn't even walk properly with them

Dbanj?..hasn't that guy already lost his relevance?
Did anyone else notice the rag seyi shay was wearing?What about that horrid weave on her head?
Yemi Alade done add weight.She should cut down on her puff puff consumption.Did you notice the tom and jerry way she ended her performance?Chaii!
Did anyone see the outfit that SA rapper ricky rick wore?Nna mehn
Cassper Nyovest outfit?Kai!!and what's up with that irritating hair hanging on his head?and why the hell was that stocky lady with blond hair just calling his name over and over again?Abeg
Except don jazzy every other award recipient talked tooooo damn much.Ah ah e don do
South africans seem to only scream for their artistes and ignore the other artistes from the rest of africa.That wasn't the case when the show was hosted in nigeria and kenya
My best performances?Toofan and neyo
Best outfits?Jhene Aiko and don jazzy
Too much immaturity displayed by artistes at this years MAMAs.Next time they should be more african and less black american wannabes and the organisation was quite shoddy
Rating:2/10

When a veteran with a PhD degree in criticism speaks...

2 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Frankiss44(m): 6:52am On Jul 19, 2015
moufan:
your level of ignorance baffles me, so bcus Godwin has more views on YouTube than katapot means it's more of a hit?

You argue too much.. Even a deaf man knows that Godwin is more of a hit than Katapot... Both songs are average anyway..

2 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by homesteady(m): 7:05am On Jul 19, 2015
moufan:

Are you kidding me? undecided undecided you are still arguing?
The both videos were released like 9 days apart, and one has almost 1 million views over the other! Do you need a professor to tell you that the former is a bigger hit than the later? C'mon, this is not rocket science na undecided undecided

Go to instagram, search for #Godwin and #katapot, You'll see how Godwin dusted katapot!
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by homesteady(m): 7:06am On Jul 19, 2015
Frankiss44:

When a veteran with a PhD degree in criticism speaks...
gringrin lmaoooooooooooo!
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2015
jeoprince250:
loving ur write ups!!!.

Tank u grin
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2015
jeoprince250:
u r so on point

grin *blushing*
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2015
Vixo:

End of discussion!
I don't have to argue with a non-musician, or one who doesn't understand how these things work.

All am tryin to say is stop dis *award mental slavery* it has ruined many great artistes
Dat are even better dan d ones avin d awards
Awards dat are same wiv politics
Grammy is there why avnt dey nominated anyone of dem so far especially dbanj dats now an evolution award holder
U kno grammy deals with an higher standard of real screening.
Most artistes dont win grammy or as never won does dat make dem less good or talented?
Be in d business and make a difference please stand out and nt be part of d mission to wipe great artistes and leave us wiv d ones dat wud only giv u noise with a great beat just becos dey win awards dis generation wrong things are been celebrated now *trangender homosexuality nude trend and all*
Music someow gives life hope bt noise ruins life criosly

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2015
AderibigbeAAA:

Any award the involves fans voting for Nominee is a waste of time...
Set criteria, get panel of experts, let the panel use the criteria to judge and award winners ...Not some scam where fans vote the popular people on social media

Grammy don't do that and the winners of Grammy are based on the quality of the songs and not one dude paying friends and families to vote his or her less quality songs for award

Tank u o preach broda!!!!!!!
preach for dem o!!!!!
Mental slavery is still in most black peoples blood even artistes dat dnt win awards still delivers quality music

2 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 19, 2015
obidevine:
. Thinkin of taking her to the next mamas awards
Really? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Chomzy And Eloswag Get Intimate In The HOH Bathroom (Photos, Video) / Bbnaija: Khloe Caught In Bed With Kbrule / Video Cassette: Can You Still Remember Movies You Watched With This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.