Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin (912 Views)

Shoe Maker Buried With A Shoe Coffin (Photos) / Pallbearers Dance As Man Is Buried In A 'star Beer' Bottle Shaped Coffin. Photos / Fisherman Buried With A Fish Coffin In Ghana (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by Donbiola(m): 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2015
Weddings are a chance to show the world your love in a totally unique way but one couple has taken their individuality to the extreme.

Jenny Tay, 29, and Darren Cheng, 30, who both work as undertakers and are preparing for their big day, say that the concept of death is as important to them as ever, even when it comes to saying ‘I do’.

Jenny, who is a Buddhist, told the Straits Times: “When couples take wedding pictures, many of them think of something significant and meaningful to them – their favourite cafe, the place where they first met. Both of us are very passionate about our jobs, so I thought, why not?”
The images were snapped in a park in Punggol, Singapore – one of many unusual shoots to have been organised by newly-married couples in recent times.

Jenny and her husband were keen for it to be “pretty and whimsical” so they eschewed the idea of setting it in a graveyard.

Darren has even written a children’s book about death, Where Did Grandpa Go, because it is part of life. The happy couple got photographer Joel Lim on board, and he was happy to be involved in the concept.

READ MORE @ http://www.inform9ja.com/couple-snaps-wedding-photographs-in-a-coffin/

Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by iceberylin(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
I knew their skin would be white sad
Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by frenzymirakk(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by donholy28(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
Na so madness and occultism dey start
Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by Twaci(f): 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
Its morbidly serene.

So beautiful, yet so scary.....a unique concept sha.
Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by charijee(f): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
This is no longer 'till death do us part' ....rather it's 'till we die together'
Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by Octaves(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
Nice concept. Long life to them.
Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by Haywhymido(m): 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
i see
Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by ghananotnaija(m): 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
iceberylin:
I knew their skin would be white sad
They aren't white; they're Asians.
Re: Couple Snaps Wedding Photographs In A Coffin by iceberylin(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2015
ghananotnaija:
They aren't white; they're Asians.
Yeah..they are purple. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Headies 2015/2016 / Beyond The Party: 10 Most Emotional Wedding Moments That Will Make You Cry / Exclusive video And photos From Sound City MVP Awards 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.