Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,025 members, 7,956,795 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:11 PM

PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming (6722 Views)

Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) / 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console / PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by swagifted(m): 10:37am On Jul 23, 2015
amaben2020:

Oh boy, make I wait until Buhari stabilize the global oyel price
the best deal you can get might be all dis fairly used UK laptops...u fit see 2GB nvidia HP pavillions for 150K or more...
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by drey08(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2015
I wanted to buy a PS4 because of my love for soccer games until I played PES 15 for pc via HDmi on Sony bravia TV,it's pure Heaven shocked and I even check the gameplay on YouTube versus ps4 and it was the same, even pes 15 for pc was better because it can be easily modded.so for now I'm rocking my pes 15 pte 8.0

1 Like

Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by drey08(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2015
cao:

I'm currently an owner of the PS2, PS3 & Xbox 360. I didn't get my PS3 until the slim came out, plus at the time Sony messed up with the EU release of the PS3, so I was still pissed off at them. Then I got my 360 'cause I wanted to play Assassins Creed & I was still pissed off at Sony (this might have been 2006-2008, I can't remember). I only finally got my PS3 slim in 2010/11, I was less pissed with Sony by then and the pre-owned slim had reduced to £200 (haven't touched my 360 since then). I'm usually very patient. I'm always happy to wait for a better deal. The only reason I've been rather angsty to get a PS4 is for certain exclusives (like Uncharted 4) and I really want to play The Witcher 3. Plus, the fact I test games on the current gen platform, also doesn't help. There are games I've spent a good deal of time looking for, only to discover that they are not available on the PS3, they're only available as digital downloads (which usually means full price. PSN UK can be a downright bastard), or they aren't available yet (different developers different ports, see Mortal Kombat X).

Dynasty Warrors 8: Empires practically looks the same on the previous gen and current gen. The developers for that one are just lazy, infact there are times the thing can give off a PS2 vibe during active gameplay. I don't think they've actually changed much at all, in general for the whole Dynasty Warriors franchise. There's a reason why exclusives like the original God of War games look fantastic on the PS2 or the Uncharted trilogy look fantastic on the PS3. The developers know how those consoles work. You can't blame the console, when the third party developer don't seem to understand the console better (they always seem to understand the Xbox 360, Xbox One & PC better maybe it's the fact that they use PCs to make games & Microsoft technically runs all of them). See Sleeping Dogs that had almost 1GB patch for the PS3 and a few megabytes worth for the 360...this patch was released a day after the game was released. Meaning the developers/publishers went gold with shoddy material.

True games like Sunset overdrive, Forza, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Playstation just lacking
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by cao(f): 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
drey08:

True games like Sunset overdrive, Forza, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Playstation just lacking
You do know The Witcher 3 is on PS4, right? I'm not perturbed about driving games. Sunset Overdrive is an entertaining game, but I refuse to pay for Xbox Live & I still have a long memory from Microsoft pre-launch clusterf**k - the whole 1984 steez with the Kinect & daily online checkup, the fact they only wanted it to only be available in the original 22 launch countries (basically if you bought a Polish XO, it wouldn't work in UK, until it was released in the UK...in other words, countries like Nigeria would have been screwed) or that nonsense when they wanted to hinder the sales of pre-owned discs (a move so silly, that Sony replied with an epic video). I've simply grown to tolerate the Xbox One because I use it at work. Why do I need to be online to know my achievements? Why can't it automatically unlock and THEN update to the online servers, when I'm online? That's a real pet peeve of mine. The Xbox Help function seems slightly redundant, it's basically a website that has all the stuff from the manual, you could find that in the title AND/OR in the physical manual. I'm not exactly chatting to an actual customer service advisor...

My initial plan was to eventually get both due to exclusives, but they've only been 2 XO exclusives I would like to own - Sunset Overdrive & Spectra. Microsoft will probably keep milking their golden goose, Halo, until it starts laying bricks instead of golden eggs.

On the exclusive front, what exclusive MS hack & slash game has ever come close to God of War? I remember looking for something of that calibre for my 360, but folks kept recommending Conan, usually with a sigh & telling me not to bother...Let's be honest, Microsoft would kill to have Naughty Dog (Uncharted, The Last of Us, Jak & Daxter) on their roster. Just because Xbox owners were finally able to enjoy GTA after years of neglect and that the latest Tomb Raider will be a timed exclusive on XO, does not suddenly make them winners. Still can't believe Shenmue 3 is going to happen and Microsoft didn't even lend a helping hand. But Sony stepped up, even though none of the previous releases were released on PS.
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by amaben2020(m): 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
swagifted:
the best deal you can get might be all dis fairly used UK laptops...u fit see 2GB nvidia HP pavillions for 150K or more...
I don't trust anything UK used, especially laptop, what do you think?
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by amaben2020(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
drey08:
I wanted to buy a PS4 because of my love for soccer games until I played PES 15 for pc via HDmi on Sony bravia TV,it's pure Heaven shocked and I even check the gameplay on YouTube versus ps4 and it was the same, even pes 15 for pc was better because it can be easily modded.so for now I'm rocking my pes 15 pte 8.0
What does modded mean?
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by swagifted(m): 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
amaben2020:

I don't trust anything UK used, especially laptop, what do you think?
I can rigorously stress test it before buying ...the only thing I fear is a hardware fault...any software related ish can be handled ...all you need is the necessary files...
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by amaben2020(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
swagifted:
I can rigorously stress test it before buying ...the only thing I fear is a hardware fault...any software related ish can be handled ...all you need is the necessary files...
Hardware on a laptop is hardly repairable, and any motherboard ish is a deal breaker
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by basille(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
I think the best is both.
Since most Xbox games are on PC and chances are that one would need a laptop for their daily activities, why not get a decent gaming laptop that can handle most modern titles at medium settings with an Xbox 360 controller. That way you use your laptop for a little Xbox gaming and your other activities and also some Xbox exclusives are on PC.

Then get a PS4.
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by amaben2020(m): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
basille:
I think the best is both.
Since most Xbox games are on PC and chances are that one would need a laptop for their daily activities, why not get a decent gaming laptop that can handle most modern titles at medium settings with an Xbox 360 controller. That way you use your laptop for a little Xbox gaming and your other activities and also some Xbox exclusives are on PC.

Then get a PS4 for traditional gaming.
Which one be traditional gaming again? White wedding gaming dey?
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by cao(f): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
amaben2020:

D...E...A...D. DNR.
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by basille(m): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
amaben2020:

Wrong choice of words on my side. I meant for normal gaming which most people don't see a PC for.
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by swagifted(m): 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
amaben2020:

Hardware on a laptop is hardly repairable, and any motherboard ish is a deal breaker
surest way is to buy parts and build it...
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by amaben2020(m): 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
swagifted:
surest way is to buy parts and build it...
Do they sell GPU like Nvidia Gtx in Nigeria here? Can 70k build a reasonable one?
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by swagifted(m): 6:59am On Jul 24, 2015
amaben2020:

Do they sell GPU like Nvidia Gtx in Nigeria here? Can 70k build a reasonable one?
de do...but e cost...couple with the new exchange rates ...70K can't do the trick o...$750 can build it sha (at 1$-199naira) its almost 150K...den cost of shipping will be at your disposal)...dis builds will play most titles at over 30fps (1080p)..medium/high
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by amaben2020(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2015
swagifted:
de do...but e cost...couple with the new exchange rates ...70K can't do the trick o...$750 can build it sha (at 1$-199naira) its almost 150K...den cost of shipping will be at your disposal)...dis builds will play most titles at over 30fps (1080p)..medium/high
can it be connected to a TV? I would wait for Buhari to make $1 to 1naira so I can afford it
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by swagifted(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2015
amaben2020:

can it be connected to a TV? I would wait for Buhari to make $1 to 1naira so I can afford it
yes of course
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by makavele: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2015
if u r a hardcore gamer, then you know PC gaming is d way to go . .

just get parts off eBay and build yourself a gaming rig . . $700 usd will do for decent gaming even at 1080p (with good frames). . .

connect to a HD TV via HDMI and game off !!!

gaming on PC gives better control in First person shooters . . cos u can easily aim and shoot with your mouse . . as opposed to aiming with your

analog stick on the console . . . And when you're not gaming, yu can actually use the PC for other stuffs . . that's where productivity comes in !!!

1 Like

Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by cao(f): 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
This comment eloquently sums up my argument.

1 Like

Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by makavele: 3:13am On Jul 28, 2015
tryna build a newer gaming rig before the end of summer .. . still tryna get parts of eBay . .

1. 1 TB SATA HDD at 7200 rpm
2. 64 GB SSD ( for windows and boot files)
3. 2 x 4 GB DDR3 RAM 2100 MHz buffer speed
4. Intel core i5 650 CPU at 3.20 GHz clock speed
5. Asus atx mobo with compatible socket
6. EVGA GeoForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 grafix card
7. cosair 5200 dpi gaming mouse
8. backlight mechanical gaming keyboard
9. not less than 650W bronze certified modular PSU . . .

will probably install a radiator to make it water-cooled . . .

its gonna be a beast . . cool cool cool
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by swagifted(m): 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
makavele:
tryna build a newer gaming rig before the end of summer .. . still tryna get parts of eBay . .

1. 1 TB SATA HDD at 7200 rpm
2. 64 GB SSD ( for windows and boot files)
3. 2 x 4 GB DDR3 RAM 2100 MHz buffer speed
4. Intel core i5 650 CPU at 3.20 GHz clock speed
5. Asus atx mobo with compatible socket
6. EVGA GeoForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 grafix card
7. cosair 5200 dpi gaming mouse
8. backlight mechanical gaming keyboard
9. not less than 650W bronze certified modular PSU . . .

will probably install a radiator to make it water-cooled . . .

its gonna be a beast . . cool cool cool
I de feel your ambition ...this na $800 to $1000 bargain abi
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by makavele: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
swagifted:
I de feel your ambition ...this na $800 to $1000 bargain abi

just about the 1000 mark . . .excluding shipping and handling though . . .

Already got a 32" SONY BRAVIA Full HD TV . . .

I just love extreme graphics . . 1080p for now !!!!
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by swagifted(m): 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
makavele:

just about the 1000 mark . . .excluding shipping and handling though . . .
Already got a 32" SONY BRAVIA Full HD TV . . .
I just love extreme graphics . . 1080p for now !!!!
envy you die...
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by cao(f): 12:57am On Jul 29, 2015
swagifted:
envy you die...
Are you envying him for the TV, his wishlist or both?
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by makavele: 9:57am On Jul 29, 2015
cao:

Lol, interrogator !
Probably the gaming setup ...

processor, mouse keyboard hdd ram . . has been bought today !!!
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by swagifted(m): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
cao:

1st I used to have a 24 inch 900p sharp aquos( used to ...which means now I have nothing)...so a full HD sony ( Sony for heaven's sake)...is something to envy...esp at 32inch... And yeah...the PC setup is a setup for the next 4 to 5 years without changing any of the parts
Appreciate greatness sometimes...
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by cao(f): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
swagifted:
1st I used to have a 24 inch 900p sharp aquos( used to ...which means now I have nothing)...so a full HD sony ( Sony for heaven's sake)...is something to envy...esp at 32inch... And yeah...the PC setup is a setup for the next 4 to 5 years without changing any of the parts
If that's the case, I'm rocking a full HD Samsung 32 inch LED TV...Plus, a Sony Home Cinema 5.1 Surround Sound System.
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by makavele: 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
cao:

If that's the case, I'm rocking a full HD Samsung 32 inch LED TV...Plus, a Sony Home Cinema 5.1 Surround Sound System.

b...tch puhleeaaseee
go suck a c!ck or sumfin

we really busy hur !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by makavele: 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
swagifted:

let is rest brov , do not stoop so low to argue with a . . . . u knw d rest . .!
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by makavele: 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
not to brag but v got a samsung , sony bravia n an lg
32" except d lg 26" but all full hd
but i love bravia cos of d display engine
i cant recall gaming on a monitor
we dont even have 4k monitors in lagos, so wat da deal?
thank God for HDMI .....
anything short of dat is a no no , hell yea
wher u at, brov holla
Re: PC Gaming Vs Console Gaming by cao(f): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
makavele:

b...tch puhleeaaseee
go suck a c!ck or sumfin

we really busy hur !!!
I see I've acquired another troll...oh well, I shall have to do the needful...
Sidebar: Dear ice cream internet gangstas, y'all need to get more creative and original with your insults. Seriously, I really feel sad for your backwards attempts at debasement...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Call Of Duty Mw3 Compressed / Fifa is nowhere near PES / Play Ps1 Games On Your Psp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.