Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) (12319 Views)

10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best / PC Gaming For Beginners / I Just Can't Go Back To The Beginning After Gaming For A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 12:20pm On May 29, 2016
I know in this part of country, PC has been a more way for people to play games and we all believe it's the best way to play video game but what if I tell you that PC is the least way to enjoy a game in Nigeria and even globally?

For many years, I have played with the Sega series console and also CD players with game disk and pad back then before switching to Desktop to play Virtual Cops and NFS Hot Pursuit 3 and other series of game before getting a laptop few years back. It's fun time but world has changed.

Okay, generally PC is the best (no argument) but it's not the best in gaming if we look through it in Nigeria use and also how they treat PC gamer globally. Here is why I prefer console to PC.

1: Gaming PC is expensive:

A lot of you will argue this but it's just true. Just because you play PES/FiFA and old games successfully on your system doesn't mean it's qualify to be called a gaming PC (No offence). When we talking of gaming PC, laptops start from 200k or 150k while Desktop's price is enough to erect a 2 bedrooms flat building. Some cheap gaming laptop on Amazon start from 600$ and these laptops still have limitation to the game they can run without lag. With a simple calculation, 600$ will get me 350$ PS4 bundle with Black ops 3, and at least 3-5 more games (u see?).

2: Console hardly go outdated:

This exactly annoying me about PC, every time there is a new game for PC, you have to be praying that the specification requirement won't exceed your PC specs. It's obvious that new games this days need high ends system to get it and play without lag. Even with high end system, you still have to ask around if you can play the game. It's just annoying but console have this as advantage, once the game comes out, buy the disk and u are good to go but once there is a new console released, you are F**ked (not totally though).

3: PC get most games last or not release to PC at all.

Come and see me getting angry when Rockstar keeps shifting GTA5 PC like 4 times while Console have even finish the story mode already. I mean seriously I keep watch gameplay on YouTube for months. Not only this, NFS 2015 also did the same, PC was released this year March and released in last year November or so for console. While some other games don't even made it to PC platform, e.g Uncharted 4 (if am not wrong) .

4: Every PC games are cracked.

Firstly, this is just a problem that seems to only bother we here in Nigeria (kinda). Never a store I have been to buy PC game sell original version, it's always cracked and am pretty sure it's like that nation wide. You can say that I can easily buy the original game online but wait for this simple maths, you spent 60$ (almost 20k) to purchase it from Steam or other authorised vendor and the games size is already 30GB-50GB, bro where will you get another 10k or more to download that kind file size when our Network providers ain't smiling with their data allocation on subscription. Even if you get the cash, that makes it 30k on one game while you can get the same game for console at online stores at 16k. Yes, I walk pass corridor of Economic class.

5: We can't even play online games

This is just sad, in case you don't know, online games is the most fun experience you can have in gaming world, quote me anywhere. But when you are using a crack version of a game, say bye bye to playing online (e.g GTA5) and all of the new games don't have offline multi-player this days except for Football anyway and fighting genre.

No hating, am also a lover of PC gaming but with above conditions, I have to switch to console. I have alot of new released games on my PC but they won't play like I really want. So why not just get the console since it seems like the only option?
I got a new PS4 coming by next week and I just can't wait to play game without worrying.

Not forcing anyone but I saw people bragging about using PC here on Nairaland which I can't help but just laugh about how lost they are..

Kindly add yours below. PC gamers are also allow to fight back grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by bigt2(m): 12:39pm On May 29, 2016
HavE you ever heard about emulators? Do u know u can build a gaming pc at a cheaper price than buying Oem gaming pc
You seem to be on one side of the fence. I
I can even play psp games with my android and guess what? With emu$$
Pc gaming is dope.
Got my words for it.
***are you daft?? Stay out of radioactive areas*** -cod cool

5 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by cassidy1996(m): 12:58pm On May 29, 2016
am very happy, jus finished NFS most wanted
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 1:03pm On May 29, 2016
bigt2:
HavE you ever heard about emulators? Do u know u can build a gaming pc at a cheaper price than buying Oem gaming pc
You seem to be on one side of the fence. I
I can even play psp games with my android and guess what? With emu$$
Pc gaming is dope.
Got my words for it.
***are you daft?? Stay out of radioactive areas*** -cod cool

Wow.. am shocked. First of all, building a high end PC game is most expensive of PC world (am shock you don't know).. Building can cost up to $1000, u think those parts are N5, ORDINARY Core i7 processor is $300+. Check this link http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-build-guide-high-end-gaming-pc/, total price is $2k..

Have you try the emulator? bro u still need a better system to run a emulator smoothly.

You can play PSP game on Android phone?? Good for you, and so can we all... but we talking about PC and Console.

PC gaming is the best, I said that earlier but it's only with SUPER high end PC, which is super expensive..

10 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Danielomisco(m): 1:08pm On May 29, 2016
Only broke guys will say pc is better than ps4 i got mine too

2 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by bigt2(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2016
Samtoby:

Wow... you think and talk like a BABY. First of all, building a high end PC game is most expensive of PC world (am shock you don't know).. Building can cost up to $1000, u think those parts are N5, ORDINARY Core i7 processor is $300+. Check this link http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-build-guide-high-end-gaming-pc/, total price is $2k..

Have you try the emulator? bro u still need a better system to run a emulator smoothly.

You can play PSP game on Android phone?? Good for you, and so can we all... but we talking about PC and Console.

PC gaming is the best, I said that earlier but it's only with SUPER high end PC, which is super expensive..
Lol. Just lol.
Seriously you are tackling me blindly and below the belt. Its uncalled for. HaD I wanteD to do such, I would have told you its "DUMP and not "dumb" smiley wink
You know the best things come with a price tag on the higher side, and you chose to pitch your tent with the other side, good for you.
I made an example of android as an intermission and you thought I'm diverting the argument Hmmmmm sad
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 1:32pm On May 29, 2016
bigt2:

Lol. Just lol.
Seriously you are tackling me blindly and below the belt. Its uncalled for. HaD I wanteD to do such, I would have told you its "DUMP and not "dumb" smiley wink
You know the best things come with a price tag on the higher side, and you chose to pitch your tent with the other side, good for you.
I made an example of android as an intermission and you thought I'm diverting the argument Hmmmmm sad

Am I really tackling you blindly?? OK.. firstly thanks for the correction, something tells me dumb is wrong I can't just seems to remember the right word..
We all know how emulator works, so I believe referring to PSP on Android is just changing of subject but maybe I was wrong.. Apology.

Though I had changed my comment first line (to avoid insulting) but you quote me early.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by kishimi8(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2016
Well th only issue I have with pm game is the data part. But steam rescues me always. I buy the game fo dirt cheap online. Use my office network to download the ish. Go home transfer to my gaming rig. And voila I'm online.

With spectra net and ntel online gaming just became super smooth. Been playing quake a unreal tournament since 2008, with school network. Now all that is left is for dollar to reduce and imma buy all da games on steam.

Not impressed with the ps4 and X bone my rig trumps them al in the graphic and frame rate ish. Pc gaming ain't f broke dudes. An Nigerians don't really play online, I remember setting up cloud servers for half life, unreale tournament . And doom. But no nigerian has ever joined. Online gaming just ain't a nigerian thing

2 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 5:11pm On May 29, 2016
kishimi8:
Well th only issue I have with pm game is the data part. But steam rescues me always. I buy the game fo dirt cheap online. Use my office network to download the ish. Go home transfer to my gaming rig. And voila I'm online.

With spectra net and ntel online gaming just became super smooth. Been playing quake a unreal tournament since 2008, with school network. Now all that is left is for dollar to reduce and imma buy all da games on steam.

Not impressed with the ps4 and X bone my rig trumps them al in the graphic and frame rate ish. Pc gaming ain't f broke dudes. An Nigerians don't really play online, I remember setting up cloud servers for half life, unreale tournament . And doom. But no nigerian has ever joined. Online gaming just ain't a nigerian thing

Your office is actually saving you for the download part (which not everyone benefit from), online gaming isn't a Nigeria thing because we hardly play these games and also the network provider. Like Ntel and Spectra isn't in my area, so I have to use the local networks providers on NG and I can't use the local ones cause of crack games.

Everything seems to tie together, you have one, you'll lose the other..

Agreed.. PC ain't for broke people but Becuz of other systems (cheap) that plays football, people think that is all they needed..

Console is not the best in graphic but compare to what 90% of PC gamers here uses, Console is still the best option... Console runs on 1080p Full HD, which is just awesome, 500HDD seems small but it's upgradable to 2TB.. The only thing PC av better is 4k graphics, which will be build to next PS4.5... Not every PC games have high frame (60fps), console ain't excluded either. There are lot of PS4 games with 60fps which you cant say is bad..

Again.. PC is still my best option but it will cost more money to get my desire.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by kishimi8(m): 6:09pm On May 29, 2016
Samtoby:

Your office is actually saving you for the download part (which not everyone benefit from), online gaming isn't a Nigeria thing because we hardly play these games and also the network provider. Like Ntel and Spectra isn't in my area, so I have to use the local networks providers on NG and I can't use the local ones cause of crack games.

Everything seems to tie together, you have one, you'll lose the other..

Agreed.. PC ain't for broke people but Becuz of other systems (cheap) that plays football, people think that is all they needed..

Console is not the best in graphic but compare to what 90% of PC gamers here uses, Console is still the best option... Console runs on 1080p Full HD, which is just awesome, 500HDD seems small but it's upgradable to 2TB.. The only thing PC av better is 4k graphics, which will be build to next PS4.5... Not every PC games have high frame (60fps), console ain't excluded either. There are lot of PS4 games with 60fps which you cant say is bad..

Again.. PC is still my best option but it will cost more money to get my desire.

OK. Work hard earn hard currency play hard
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Proffdada: 6:46pm On May 29, 2016
All the points you wrote are advantages of PC over console

1. A gaming PC does more than just gaming. It serves other purposes which are endless Fri multimedia to graphics designing and advance computing. I got my laptop at a price equivalents to ps4 and I don't need a TV before I play.

2. With a good spec, you computer can play as far as future games and after 3 generations of consoles I still play high end games on my PC. In order to enjoy latest graphics of new games new consoles will have to be purchased

3. Most games actually get released on PC faster than some consoles and some consoles it's messed up. Watch dogs is a good example

4. Not all PC games are cracked. In fact it's illegal to do so. But here we enjoy cracked games for nothing. When you get online however cracked games won't work. Also console games too are cracked doesn't mean all console games are cracked. When you purchase games on steam or Xbox, it gives you access to online gaming and there are always discount and bonus purchases offered that are far cheaper than console

5. You can always play games on line and PC gamers are far more serious gamers than console gamers.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 6:52pm On May 29, 2016
kishimi8:

OK. Work hard earn hard currency play hard

Exactly.. but at this stage of my life, I can still afford to spend 400$ without thinking about it as waste.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 7:32pm On May 29, 2016
Proffdada:
All the points you wrote are advantages of PC over console

1. A gaming PC does more than just gaming. It serves other purposes which are endless Fri multimedia to graphics designing and advance computing. I got my laptop at a price equivalents to ps4 and I don't need a TV before I play.

2. With a good spec, you computer can play as far as future games and after 3 generations of consoles I still play high end games on my PC. In order to enjoy latest graphics of new games new consoles will have to be purchased

3. Most games actually get released on PC faster than some consoles and some consoles it's messed up. Watch dogs is a good example

4. Not all PC games are cracked. In fact it's illegal to do so. But here we enjoy cracked games for nothing. When you get online however cracked games won't work. Also console games too are cracked doesn't mean all console games are cracked. When you purchase games on steam or Xbox, it gives you access to online gaming and there are always discount and bonus purchases offered that are far cheaper than console

5. You can always play games on line and PC gamers are far more serious gamers than console gamers.

OK, my respond to your comment.

1: We all know that PC serve other purposes, console isn't limited to only gaming either. Bro if you bought your laptop at price equivalent to console price, you can never ever play all games that will run smoothly on it like it will do on console.. I mean NEVER EVER, in short you are just using a laptop, not gaming laptop.

2: When talking of good spec, you must be talking about HIGH END PC which cost around 200k. Yes, PC will play last Gen games while new console can't play last gen games but that is why they build "Remaster" version of games. And developer build game graphics around console and PC specs. Some developers still build game for last gen (ps3 & Xbox 360). Point is if there is no new console, no new graphic and if there is new console, you are expected to upgrade.

3: OK, this is just somehow funny, I have never hear that a game was released on PC first before console and even "Watch dogs" was released to PC and Console at the same damn day, do more research. Even if it was released to PC first, bro na marketing Trick, the game was released when PC were expecting GTA5, they can decided to release for PC first to make money before GTA5 got released, so na marketing stuff if it's true but yet again "na lie", both platform got the game same day.

4: Bro I didn't say all PC games are cracked, I said you can only get a cracked version in Nigeria store and I also mention you can buy on Steam, which I also explain why buy on Steam will be hard decision as well. Please read that paragraph again. When you bought game on Steam or other online vendor, it means you buy the original version (uncracked) so you have access to online and full access to games features. Bro, don't let them lie to you, both platform enjoy bonuses, nothing is cheaper on PC. Even console also enjoy offers that isn't on PC and vise versa.

5: Yes you can play online on PC but only if you buy the original version of the game. And you said PC gamers are far more serious than console gamers?? that just break my heart. What you even mean I don't know.

Is it the fact that PC gamers run after cracked games while console pay for it with their money??

Or the fact that console gamers also own a PC, making them own two gaming platform.
Maybe you should explain what you mean by serious. Am still confuse.

Cao you need to hear this...
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 29, 2016
Only little children who know nothing like Jon Snow will come to say irrational stuffs like "Only broke guys will say pc is better than ps4"

4 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by virus05(m): 11:19pm On May 29, 2016
Conclusion. If you are a gamer Ps4 is better than pc.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 6:56am On May 30, 2016
virus05:
Conclusion. If you are a gamer Ps4 is better than pc.

Not totally, it's just the way we play here in the country and how PC are treated that makes console a better choice.. PC still have advantages
But owning a console makes you stand out as a gamer, I can't just own a laptop that won't even play Assassins Creed black flag smoothly and be feeling like a true gamer.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by bigt2(m): 3:05am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:

Am I really tackling you blindly?? OK.. firstly thanks for the correction, something tells me dumb is wrong I can't just seems to remember the right word..
We all know how emulator works, so I believe referring to PSP on Android is just changing of subject but maybe I was wrong.. Apology.

Though I had changed my comment first line (to avoid insulting) but you quote me early.
Oh! well, we are cool. We're people, right?
The thng is ill always go for pc gaming over and over again for the following reasons:

1. Though its costly, it can be used to play games offerred on different gaming consoles - call that flexibility.

2. Can be used for other purposes, too; exclusively thwarting the consoles - call it functionality.

3. It can be upgraded as required and at will, not buying another latest console - call it adaptation for i'd just hav to swap out the bad dvd drive, hdd, and what nots but on a console

4. Need i say more
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 10:39pm On May 31, 2016
bigt2:

Oh! well, we are cool. We're people, right?
The thng is ill always go for pc gaming over and over again for the following reasons:

1. Though its costly, it can be used to play games offerred on different gaming consoles - call that flexibility.

1. Yes and No.. Yes it's costly which makes it suck and No it can't play play all games on console, some games ain't develop for all platforms and mostly PC suffer it. Each console do have exclusive games which ain't available on any other platform.

2. Can be used for other purposes, too; exclusively thwarting the consoles - call it functionality.

2. Console also ain't exclusive to only gaming, it's has a Blue Ray player that can be use to play movies and also play music and even browse. Xbox one is even functioning like a laptop with Windows 10.

3. It can be upgraded as required and at will, not buying another latest console - call it adaptation for i'd just hav to swap out the bad dvd drive, hdd, and what nots but on a console

3. Yes, console can't be upgraded completely and neither can PC. You can change the HDD of console to 2tb and PC can do the same, you can also change a bad DVD drive. Now what you can't change is processor, neither can PC nor Console. Am not a pro but if you own a PC with AMD, you can't change it to NVIDIA and if you own a PC with NVIDIA 820 GPU, you can't change it to NVIDIA 920 GPU, so you are stuck with buying a whole new PC to upgrade, making it just like console.

4. Need i say more

Yes please wink
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by bigt2(m): 11:20pm On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:

1. Yes and No.. Yes it's costly which makes it suck and No it can't play play all games on console, some games ain't develop for all platforms and mostly PC suffer it. Each console do have exclusive games which ain't available on any other platform.

This is where emus come in handy. Have you forgotten we have discussed this part before
Youd be amazed smiley

2. Console also ain't exclusive to only gaming, it's has a Blue Ray player that can be use to play movies and also play music and even browse. Xbox one is even functioning like a laptop with Windows 10.

Blue Ray Like seriously Ok, windows 10, but can i install linux or multi boot Can i install windows 7 or 8 if im not interested in 10 I guess that would be a white elephant project talk less of attempting to program with it sad
This is not sufficient cos most of these tasks needs me to hack my console, right
Remember, if its not panadol, i can never work like panadol wink

3. Yes, console can't be upgraded completely and neither can PC. You can change the HDD of console to 2tb and PC can do the same, you can also change a bad DVD drive. Now what you can't change is processor, neither can PC nor Console. Am not a pro but if you own a PC with AMD, you can't change it to NVIDIA and if you own a PC with NVIDIA 820 GPU, you can't change it to NVIDIA 920 GPU, so you are stuck with buying a whole new PC to upgrade, making it just like console.

Youre having this conversation with a computer hardware engineer. I guess you didnt know that. Your pc can be upgraded in a vast majority of areas ranging from the graphics card (gpu), ram, hdd, and even cpu.
You did this ( shocked ). I guess so.
You just need a powerful mobo in your rig. You can slap in any compatible cpu of matching socket. Its as simple as that bro! cool
and yes, you can change console dvd but youll need to order cos it cant be as available off the shelf as pc parts (oops :x )

Yes please wink

More

1 Like

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 7:09am On Jun 01, 2016
bigt2:

More

Will, like I said, I don't know much about PC reformatting that much. But what is know is changing those hardwares will cost some good cash, though might not be up to console price..

PC is the best, no doubt but that expensive part run me off.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by bigt2(m): 11:37am On Jun 01, 2016
Samtoby:

Will, like I said, I don't know much about PC reformatting that much. But what is know is changing those hardwares will cost some good cash, though might not be up to console price..

PC is the best, no doubt but that expensive part run me off.
Nice one you came to my side of the fence! wink
It might be costly, but its reliable and durable....
Godspeed bro! Godspeed! cool
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 12:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
bigt2:
Nice one you came to my side of the fence! wink It might be costly, but its reliable and durable.... Godspeed bro! Godspeed! cool
Yes, agreed
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Equado(m): 6:44am On Jun 03, 2016
Well, I am an unrepentant pc gamer, and ill remain so for a very very long time. The facts you mentioned are mostly correct, but an addict is an addict. A compact gaming system is quite expensive, but nothing beats playing a high end game while lying on your bed. The system am currently using can play any high end game that'll be released in another 5 to 10yrs time. I invested in what I love, and if by any chance my gaming system becomes obsolete, ill simply get another.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Santoscity(m): 9:38am On Jun 03, 2016
The pc gaming v the console gaming has been an issue for a while now so let me give a short summary here.

PROS

Console
-Relatively cheap for its performance as you can't currently get a similar new pc that can beat the 350 price tag of the xbox
-Very compact and also relatively quiet while maintaining good temperatures
-It lacks compatability issues as the pc since all its games are built for its specific hardware and a console game can work on any console it was built for
-The console platform and it's gamers has always been treated as premium gamers with mouth watering exclusive titles and console games just work even if there are very demanding and they get most games first

Pc

-The no 1 advantage for pc gamers is upgradability from the likes of the Cpu, gpu, ram, hdd, ssd, case, DVD drive, motherboard, psu can all be upgraded even by the user you don't even need to be too savvy as far as all the components are compatible but that is not a problem as there are thousands of sites dedicated to provide such information contrary to what someone here said a pc is full upgradable console us only on storage.
-Well the purpose of gaming if you want to game more then the pc is the surely the place to be as you get to play games at about half or a third of the price of the consoles and you can get 3 games on the pc for the same price as a single game on the console of course this is possible because if a pc game is too expensive pirate Bay and tarlock are not very far.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Santoscity(m): 9:56am On Jun 03, 2016
-If you have ever played battlefield or grand theft auto 5 at 60fps you would not want to go back cause if you have the right configuration you can cruise around Los Santos at 60fps while looking way better on the pc while you only get just about 30fps(a slide show to some) abs about on medium to high settings on what you get on the pc
-Finally of you are willing to invest on a good pc you may still be able to use it for about 5 to 10 years on the same configuration if you are willing to pay the price while on console after some years many titles will stop supporting you console some years after the next gen ones comes out and still with the new ones the pc will have a new more expensive hardware that will still beat the consoles.

Console
-cheap
-Compatibility
-compact
-premium but more expensive services
-exclusives
-lack of upgradability

Pc
-relatively more expensive
-cheaper but more of an after thought services
-upgradability
-freedom of choice from countless brands
-Access to other pc functions such as video editing, 3d productions, and a cast library of softwares

It really come to who you are and what you want you can't really go wrong any where except you don't know where you are going into before you purchase have a wonderful gaming life and buy wisely

2 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by sirliu(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2016
PC gaming to me is still better. I use steam to buy my games and I have like 51 games on it. Both old and new. I don't have to worry about backwards compatibiliity.

I always wait for winter sales or summer sales on steam and humble bundle. I bought Battlefield 3, Mirror's Edge, Dead space, Kingdom of Amalur, mass effect 2 and FIFA 14 for less than 8 dollars when it went on sale in 2014. I bought the witcher 2 on steam for like 3.99 dollars. That is far cheaper and better to me than buying a game from computer village that might not work or pirating a game that might contain malware or ransomware. And getting a steam account is free and all your games transfer with you to a new computer so you don't have to start deleting games to create space and repurchasing games because the disc cracked. If you own a PS4, you are going to be spending at least 12k on a game.

You don't need a high powered graphics card to match or beat the PS4. The GTX 750Ti is slightly better than the graphics card on the PS4 and a new one costs about 50k. Add another 50k and you can build yourself a decent PC capable of running your games on at least high on almost every setting. And since you will be buying games on sale, you are going to be saving a lot of money. In like two years you can upgrade your graphics card with one that is high end now when the price comes down. I used to use a GTX 760. I traded it for 50k and added another 50 to buy the GTX 970, a very high end card. I also upgraded my processor.

You don't have to pay to play online on PC. On PS4 and XBox, you have to pay for online if you want to play. Sometimes there may be nobody around me to play street fighter of FIFA with, then I'll go online and play people and it keeps the game interesting.

PC games usually run better and look better than console games even the poorly optimised ones.

You can install Mods in your game that change the way the game was meant to be played.

Virtually all games on consoles except exclusives like uncharted and halo are all coming to PC so the PC library is extensive.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by jeff1607(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
how many people can afford not only d money but the stress in upgrading a pc everytime? upgrading a pc isn't as easy as some say and also not everyone can do it.

anyone that suits your lifestyle go for it,
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 8:41am On Jun 04, 2016
jeff1607:
how many people can afford not only d money but the stress in upgrading a pc everytime? upgrading a pc isn't as easy as some say and also not everyone can do it.

anyone that suits your lifestyle go for it,

Thanks, you took the word out of my thumb.

I own a PC and tho my believe was that PC gpu and and CPU can't be change but after reading here, I checked it out online and see that it will just add up stress and besides, I will rather get a new laptop than to upgrade the one am using, and to buy a new one means I will be looking at those medium gaming PC before upgrading to high ends does which brought me back to EXPENSIVE.

Well, have got my PS4 for like 4 days now and it's awesome.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Santoscity(m): 9:23am On Jun 04, 2016
Samtoby:

Thanks, you took the word out of my thumb.

I own a PC and tho my believe was that PC gpu and and CPU can't be change but after reading here, I checked it out online and see that it will just add up stress and besides, I will rather get a new laptop than to upgrade the one am using, and to buy a new one means I will be looking at those medium gaming PC before upgrading to high ends does which brought me back to EXPENSIVE.

Well, have got my PS4 for like 4 days now and it's awesome.

There is a difference between a full desktop gaming pc and a laptop, which are you using?

If you are using a laptop then too bad those are too expensive for the performance and are not easily upgradable.

We are talking about the desktop gaming pcs
Easily upgradable for anyone with brains and an Internet connection
And gives you better performance even if it's a little bit more expensive
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by Samtoby(m): 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
Santoscity:

There is a difference between a full desktop gaming pc and a laptop, which are you using?

If you are using a laptop then too bad those are too expensive for the performance and are not easily upgradable.

We are talking about the desktop gaming pcs
Easily upgradable for anyone with brains and an Internet connection
And gives you better performance even if it's a little bit more expensive

Then we are not on the same page, am talking about buying a gaming laptop. I used desktop before (though not gaming PC) and I always fix it's problem.. Yes, desktop are easy to upgrade unlike laptop but am a student, I can't be carrying desktop around unlike laptop, that's it.

I don't know you guys were talking about only desktop.
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by NarnieSnyper(m): 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
Somehow i agree with the OP, my pc is high end but i'm still limited to playing good FPS games like COD,BF,BIA etc.

I play only Fifa 14 and Pes 16 all the time and seriously, i'm fvcking tired already
Re: Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) by seunpayne(m): 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
Haven't we all flogged this dead horse enough already? Consoles are better. We agree. PC is only for rich people we agree. But is that really the point?

After a hard day at work, when you get home after branching Mallam shop to buy a cool drink and meeting light at home, does it matter what device you power on? Xbox vs PS, PC vs Console. What matters is what works for you.

I can't use a console because what matters to me isn't there. I've been waiting for someone to bring this up but no one has. Football manager, civilization, Xcom, total war...if these names don't ring a bell and you are a pc gamer then you are punishing your self. Every device has its strengths. Play to it.

I'm glad the op switched to a console. I'm glad some of you can afford a gaming rig( those aren't cheap). I'm glad we are all gaming. Too many people in our generation placing value on the wrong things though. The experience counts and is what is important. I played Fifa on ps4 and it felt different from what I was used to. The emotion and complains (my pad no dey work well) was still there however. The experience is the koko. Don't play down any device. Even Nintendo wii has its niche.

I'm a PC fanboy btw GTX960 (4GB)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Does Dream League Soccer Live Events Work? (photo) / 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead / Game Swap Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.