Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Explaining Bible Contradiction. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explaining Bible Contradiction. (4517 Views)

Bible Contradiction In The Book Of Genesis / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" / Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by ShayGirl(f): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
quote the Scriptures here dear and lets take a look at it

I don't get u
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by gabazin080(m): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
sportsmaster:

CC jagoon,gabazin080,bingbagbo,An2elect,scholar8200,Great0,winner01,KingEbukasBlog,nynbrada,NumberOne3,NumberOne2,annyplenty,malvisguy212,italo,soye3,starlingslimnet,Ebi4life,jcross19,effie03,ProphetUdeme,angieberry,Muttleylaff,Barnabaseloka,Lateralmaths,vfactor,tallesty1,obillyj,undabridge,marvelito,Tjayjosh,
when did I become a mod that you mentioning me
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
gabazin080:
when did I become a mod that you mentioning me

i need ur contributions.i posted something earlier on this thread.
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by gabazin080(m): 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
sportsmaster:

i need ur contributions.i posted something earlier on this thread.
Maybe I missed it then. So what do you want me to contribute to
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
gabazin080:
Maybe I missed it then.
So what do you want me to contribute to
sportsmaster:

Time to start tutorials again..
Firstly,BIBLE is not the Word of God.
Jesus is the Word of God,see heb4:12-13,notice the word "HE",Rev19:22,John 1:1-14..
The bible is referred to as the written word.the bible is honoured because it speaks of the person of Christ.
It is not everything that the people spoke about God is true.especially the Old testament folks.
Lemme explain in detail.
Please follow this analogy through.
In a Board of meeting,we have the chairman,secretary,CEO,MD,AMD, and other officials.
The role of the secretary is to take the "minutes" of the meeting.
The chairman says :All fishes can fly.
The M.D says:Babies dont cry.
The secretary then records all of these statements.
The above statements are not true.
The statements are rightly recorded but they are not true.
Same thing applies to the bible,the believer has to rightly divide.
The bible has to be rightly divided.
The bible is a Christo-centric book.
It is Christ-centered.
If any book was excluded from the bible,it is because it never spoke of the Person Of Christ Jesus.
Christ is the message of the scriptures.
From Genesis- Revelation it had one message "CHRIST".
I explained this in one of my threads.
www.nairaland.com/2407672/rhema-logos
Like i said earlier Mattew,Mark,Luke,John are Eye-witnesses accounts,they wrote must what they must have seen or heard.
John iterates this in John 20:30.
It is when you put them together that you will get a clear picture of all that happened.
Waiting for contributions,oppostions etc.
Cc vooks,WinsomeX,Joagbaje,Gombs,olaadegbu,jagoon,gabazin080,bingbagbo,An2elect,scholar8200,Great0,winner01,KingEbukasBlog,nynbrada,NumberOne3,NumberOne2,annyplenty,malvisguy212,italo,soye3,starlingslimnet,Ebi4life,jcross19,effie03,ProphetUdeme,angieberry,Muttleylaff,Barnabaseloka,Lateralmaths,vfactor,tallesty1,obillyj,undabridge,marvelito,Tjayjosh,

this
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
hmmm

sportsmaster : youve nailed it .

Look at Judges 1 : 19 for example , it could be seen in a different way

Judges 1:19

19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

If one does not understand and relate the verse with other verses , he/she can conclude God is not powerful enough

... and for the time Bashaa died , its just the differences between the date calenders of Judah and Israel( something like that) .
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
I just dont like discussing the bible with an atheist or a Muslim. Some of these "errors" are just taken-out-of-context usual nonsense
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
I just dont like discussing the bible with an atheist or a Muslim. Some of these "errors" are just taken-out-of-context usual nonsense
give this guy a bottle of COKE grin
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by zeetyzin(m): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
Presbulg:

Salam
We're on the same school of thought my bro in Islam. I actually supported you up there
ma sha Allah...sorry abt dat.
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by nynbrada: 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
sportsmaster:
olaadegbu,scholar8200,Great0,winner01,KingEbukasBlog,nynbrada,NumberOne3,NumberOne2,annyplenty,malvisguy212,italo,soye3,starlingslimnet,Ebi4life,jcross19,effie03,ProphetUdeme,angieberry,Muttleylaff,Barnabaseloka,Lateralmaths,vfactor,tallesty1,obillyj,undabridge,marvelito,Tjayjosh,

Thanks bro for soliciting for our contribution. I've actually been following from the sidelines and didn't want to get personally involved, since u guys are really holding your own against all these atheist n islambad children. Nonetheless i believe your call on some of us to make a contribution is timely n divinely inspired.

Without much ado' i 'll like to make it clear here and once n for all that all these perceived and apparent contradictions in the Bible are actually reconcillable contradictions. To explain i' ll start wt what i will term understanding the nature of the bible 101.

Lecture 1:...
The Bible is axiomatically refered to as the word of God, while in actual truth it is a book that contains God's word and also historical events about the people of Isreal n of course historical account of Jesus Christ n the early church. Having established this point we move to the next.

Lecture 2:
Inerrancy of God's word....from the bible there is not a single prophetic utterance or revelation pointing to the coming of christ and the essence of his death n ressurection that contradicts one another, neither any theological or doctrinal revelation that contradicts one another, like d writings of paul on d church n dat of other apostles. And these 2 components: the prophetic utterances concerning christ n d revelation concerning his body the church happens to be the theme of d xtian faith. And no single contradiction can be found in these 2 fundamental components.

Perceived n apparent contradictions in the Bilble:
As earlier stated d bible contains historical accounts of the children of isreal n d life and works of jesus christ as seen in mathew, mark, luke n john. The writers of these historical accounts are different individuals dat lived at a different point in time in history n obviously they didn't have d kind of information storage facilities dat we have now, so it is very possible for someone trying to rewrite a historical account without any access to d previous records not to make a mistakes.
These mistakes can be seen as followings:

1...contradictions on the accounts of the life of christ in d synoptic gospels...u will agree wt me dat 2 to 3 eye-witnesses to an incident or accident will come up wt different scenarios of dat incident, simply put there would be as much similarities as there would be dissimilarities in there accounts. As a result d seeming contradiction in some of d accounts in mattew, mark, luke n john cannot be far fetched. Also note if they all had given the same account from A-Z without any seeming contradition these same critics will be d 1st to point accussing finger for lack of discrepancy in their accounts n they will start telling u how unscientific those accounsts are, as it's scientifically impossible for 3-4 eyewitnesses to give the same account of an incident without any apparent contradition. And also expect them to push it a little further by arguing dat since this is not possible it simply means that d 4 synoptic gospel was writen by one individual n dat he now duplicated the other 3 wt differnt pseudonym. And as a result his integrity should be questioned all in a bid to discredit the bible.

To be continued....
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
nynbrada:

Thanks bro for soliciting for our contribution. I've actually been following from the sidelines and didn't want to get personally involved, since u guys are really holding your own against all these atheist n islambad children. Nonetheless i believe your call on some of us to make a contribution is timely n divinely inspired.

Without much ado' i 'll like to make it clear here and once n for all that all these perceived and apparent contradictions in the Bible are actually reconcillable contradictions. To explain i' ll start wt what i will term understanding the nature of the bible 101.

Lecture 1:...
The Bible is axiomatically refered to as the word of God, while in actual truth it is a book that contains God's word and also historical events about the people of Isreal n of course historical account of Jesus Christ n the early church. Having established this point we move to the next.

Lecture 2:
Inerrancy of God's word....from the bible there is not a single prophetic utterance or revelation pointing to the coming of christ and the essence of his death n ressurection that contradicts one another, neither any theological or doctrinal revelation that contradicts one another, like d writings of paul on d church n dat of other apostles. And these 2 components: the prophetic utterances concerning christ n d revelation concerning his body the church happens to be the theme of d xtian faith. And no single contradiction can be found in these 2 fundamental components.

Perceived n apparent contradictions in the Bilble:
As earlier stated d bible contains historical accounts of the children of isreal n d life and works of jesus christ as seen in mathew, mark, luke n john. The writers of these historical accounts are different individuals dat lived at a different point in time in history n obviously they didn't have d kind of information storage facilities dat we have now, so it is very possible for someone trying to rewrite a historical account without any access to d previous records not to make a mistakes.
These mistakes can be seen as followings:

1...contradictions on the accounts of the life of christ in d synoptic gospels...u will agree wt me dat 2 to 3 eye-witnesses to an incident or accident will come up wt different scenarios of dat incident, simply put there would be as much similarities as there would be dissimilarities in there accounts. As a result d seeming contradiction in some of d accounts in mattew, mark, luke n john cannot be far fetched. Also note if they all had given the same account from A-Z without any seeming contradition these same critics will be d 1st to point accussing finger for lack of discrepancy in their accounts n they will start telling u how unscientific those accounsts are, as it's scientifically impossible for 3-4 eyewitnesses to give the same account of an incident with any apparent contradition. And also expect them to push it a little further by arguing dat since this is not possible it simply means that d 4 synoptic gospel was writen by one individual n dat he now duplicated the other 3 wt differnt pseudonym. And as a result his integrity should be questioned all in a bid to discredit the bible.

To be continued....

i started praying for you immediately i read this.
you will grow much more in all wisdom and spiritual understanding
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
There are no contradictions in the Bible and if you find any that seems to contradicts I shall be more than honoured to shed light on it....
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Tjayjosh(m): 12:02am On Jul 20, 2015
The Word Of God

Isaiah 55:10-11 "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what i desire and achieve the purpose for which i sent it."
The scriptures, is the written record of the prophets, apostles and Jesus have spoken. In the NT, it made no difference whether a writer used the phrase "Moses said," "David said," "the Holy Spirit says" or "God says" (See Ac 3:22; Ro 10:5, 19; Heb 3:7); what is written in the bible is the word of God.

The Inspiration and Authority of Scripure

2Ti 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
If we do not accept the fact that all scripture is inspired of God and is therefore infallible and absolutely authoritative in its truth and teaching, then we have no dependable standard upon which to base our lives. I usually disregard the contradictory aspect of the scripture for three reasons:
1. The existing copies of the original manuscript may not be totally accurate.
2. The present day translation of the original Hebrew or Greek Bible text may be faulty.
3. One's understanding or interpretation of the Bible text may be inadequate or incorrect. I strongly regard the accuracy of the of the scripture.
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by nynbrada: 2:48am On Jul 20, 2015
sportsmaster:

i started praying for you immediately i read this.
you will grow much more in all wisdom and spiritual understanding
Thanks bro. You actually made me weep a little in the spirit cos this was the same prayer Paul prayed for the Ephesians brethen.

Well in continuation of my post, here are d other seeming contradiction in the Bible...

2...Numerical Mistake: for example
1 King4:26 And solomon had 40,000 stalls of horse for his chariots, and 12,000 horsemem.
2 Chron9:25 And solomon had 4,000 stall of horses and 12,000 horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities and with the king at Jerusalem...now this particular mistake can be attributed to d following...
(i) Transcription error, as in where one number was meant and an incorrect one was written.
(ii) Translator difficulty in ascertaining d correct numerical value d original Hebrew actually meant; due 2 certain difficulties in understanding ancient Hebrew numerical values as a result of their similarities...No way you are going to hold my God laible for this mistake.

3 Quoting the scripture out of context: we see these too often from d muslims n atheist, for example...
Prov 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom and in all thy getting get understanding.
Ecc 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaset
knowledge increaset sorrow...Now it's only d foolish atheist n muslims dat will quote scriptures like this and many others and tell u that they are contradictory.

4 Writer vs Individual witness account: eg Paul's conversion account...here Luke d writer gave this account..
Acts 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man...then Paul's account of these incident that was personal to him..
Acst 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me... Now how does one blame God for this.
Sportsmaster, i can actually go on and on pointing out certain apparent errors in d Bible, but which after thorough examination will show that one cannot actually hold God accountalble for this mistakes.

Final bullet...God's prophetic and doctrinal messages are 100% consistent with each other and whatever mistakes or error that has been caused by human writer,translators and individual misconstruction of the Bible, our God is not morally bond to give an accounting for these mistakes.

My dear brother in the lord relax, as our God and Father is sufficiently in possession to ensure that His word and the church of Jesus Christ comes top amidst these turbulent times being perpetrated by these dumb atheists and muslims in trying to discredit the bible and the existence of our God and king and of his blessed son Jesus the Christ.

Always remember the word of God...acts 19:20..So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 20, 2015
nynbrada:

Thanks bro. You actually made me weep a little in the spirit cos this was the same prayer Paul prayed for the Ephesians brethen.

Well in continuation of my post, here are d other seeming contradiction in the Bible...

2...Numerical Mistake: for example
1 King4:26 And solomon had 40,000 stalls of horse for his chariots, and 12,000 horsemem.
2 Chron9:25 And solomon had 4,000 stall of horses and 12,000 horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities and with the king at Jerusalem...now this particular mistake can be attributed to d following...
(i) Transcription error, as in where one number was meant and an incorrect one was written.
(ii) Translator difficulty in ascertaining d correct numerical value d original Hebrew actually meant; due 2 certain difficulties in understanding ancient Hebrew numerical values as a result of their similarities...No way you are going to hold my God laible for this mistake.

3 Quoting the scripture out of context: we see these too often from d muslims n atheist, for example...
Prov 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom and in all thy getting get understanding.
Ecc 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaset
knowledge increaset sorrow...Now it's only d foolish atheist n muslims dat will quote scriptures like this and many others and tell u that they are contradictory.

4 Writer vs Individual witness account: eg Paul's conversion account...here Luke d writer gave this account..
Acts 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man...then Paul's account of these incident that was personal to him..
Acst 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me... Now how does one blame God for this.
Sportsmaster, i can actually go on and on pointing out certain apparent errors in d Bible, but which after thorough examination will show that one cannot actually hold God accountalble for this mistakes.

Final bullet...God's prophetic and doctrinal messages are 100% consistent with each other and whatever mistakes or error that has been caused by human writer,translators and individual misconstruction of the Bible, our God is not morally bond to give an accounting for these mistakes.

My dear brother in the lord relax, as our God and Father is sufficiently in possession to ensure that His word and the church of Jesus Christ comes top amidst these turbulent times being perpetrated by these dumb atheists and muslims in trying to discredit the bible and the existence of our God and king and of his blessed son Jesus the Christ.

Always remember the word of God...acts 19:20..So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed. Shalom.

AMEN
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Lateralmaths(m): 2:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Context is key. Get a right understanding of the context of each scripture and you won't see contradictions. Also study with the Holy Spirit, He is the best teacher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by sonmvayina(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2015
The old testament and new testament are twp different documents for 2 different religion and 2 different purposes. the christain only added the old testament to the new so that they could sell jesus to the world..the jews know jesus is not the messiah. He did not fulfill any of the prophesy..There are contradiction in the ol testament because they are different Gods and different time in history..all looking for attention..some are benevolent others are not..it will be foolish for any body to think it is the story of one god...Enki, Enlil, Mardock,Inana...etc..
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by malvisguy212: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2015
sonmvayina:
The old testament and new testament are twp different documents for 2 different religion and 2 different purposes. the christain only added the old testament to the new so that they could sell jesus to the world..the jews know jesus is not the messiah. He did not fulfill any of the prophesy..There are contradiction in the ol testament because they are different Gods and different time in history..all looking for attention..some are benevolent others are not..it will be foolish for any body to think it is the story of one god...Enki, Enlil, Mardock,Inana...etc..
were do you get this idea from ? God in the old testament is different from the new testament ?

Jesus is the fulfilment of God plan of salvation, but the Jews are expecting a physical leader who will fight war and win battle just as the kings in the old testament did , as Jesus entry into Jerusalem, the people shout "hossana" meaning "save us" but the reaction of Jesus "he wept" for them. Read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2470199/how-passover-reveals-jesus-christ

God in the old testament and new testament IS ONE ,in the old testament we see a God who cannot tolerate sin , A God who can go to any lent in disciplines his children because of sin, God love required God justice but in the new testament we see THE SAME GOD who wreath has been satisfied, after the fulfilment of his promise , His wreath towards sin was satisfied.let me give you an example

If you anger you dad and he punished you , but most of the time you keep on disobeying his command, you cannot do away with this sin , but because fatherly love is unconditional, your dad provide a way for reconciliation, how you can do away with this sinful habit. Maby when you do more wrong instead of him to punished you as usual, instead he gave you the second chance to repent,which is GRACE. Would you say your father in his formally character is different from the ever loving and forgiven character ? NO!!!
^^^THAT HOW THE GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW IS. ONE AND THE SAME GOD.

Are you a christian? Go and do bible study on this verse:
Heb 2:17 For this reason he had to be
made like them, a fully human in every
way, in order that he might become a
merciful and faithful high priest in
service to God, and that he might make
atonement for the sins of the people.”

"for this reason" what reason is that ?the wreath of God was satisfied when Jesus became human to reconciled us to God the father. Do more study.
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by sonmvayina(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
were do you get this idea from ? God in the old testament is different from the new testament ?

Jesus is the fulfilment of God plan of salvation, but the Jews are expecting a physical leader who will fight war and win battle just as the kings in the old testament did , as Jesus entry into Jerusalem, the people shout "hossana" meaning "save us" but the reaction of Jesus "he wept" for them. Read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2470199/how-passover-reveals-jesus-christ

God in the old testament and new testament IS ONE ,in the old testament we see a God who cannot tolerate sin , A God who can go to any lent in disciplines his children because of sin, God love required God justice but in the new testament we see THE SAME GOD who wreath has been satisfied, after the fulfilment of his promise , His wreath towards sin was satisfied.let me give you an example

If you anger you dad and he punished you , but most of the time you keep on disobeying his command, you cannot do away with this sin , but because fatherly love is unconditional, your dad provide a way for reconciliation, how you can do away with this sinful habit. Maby when you do more wrong instead of him to punished you as usual, instead he gave you the second chance to repent,which is GRACE. Would you say your father in his formally character is different from the ever loving and forgiven character ? NO!!!
^^^THAT HOW THE GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW IS. ONE AND THE SAME GOD.

Are you a christian? Go and do bible study on this verse:
Heb 2:17 For this reason he had to be
made like them, a fully human in every
way, in order that he might become a
merciful and faithful high priest in
service to God, and that he might make
atonement for the sins of the people.”

"for this reason" what reason is that ?the wreath of God was satisfied when Jesus became human to reconciled us to God the father. Do more study.

your still quoting the same book and mis interpreting it..the story of Jesus is not a Jewish one. it is a Greek one..the Jews do not have any record of him in their history. God has no plan for any salvation. the plan was a warrior messiah was going to come save the Jews from Roman rule and build the new temple and establish the peace with their neighbour..Jesus did not fulfil any of these.
the story that was attributed to Jesus is a Greek one, just like persus, who is the son of a divine Zeus and a human mother, Jesus is a son of a divine Zeus and a human mother.
there is no where in the old testament where it says he will die and resurrect and come back to finish the job, the Jews don't have that arrangement...
it was Constantine who gathered the religious leaders in Nicea in 325.and charge them to come up with a religion for the empire, they had 2 options, mithras or Jesus,..they went with Jesus and at the end he was made a god and he became Christianity official god. prior to that time the Christian never had any official god..by a vote of 15 majority..they formulated the creed and Constantine told Athanasius to produce 50 copies of the books they selected to be part of the bible and combine it with the old to make it appealing to the Jews who where the stubborn people in the empire...
look it up, don't believe foolishly.
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by sonmvayina(m): 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
The reason why god punished the Jews in the time of Joshua was because they where sacrificing their children to Molech, which was an abomination to Yahweh, so for him to sacrifice his son is nothing short of hypocrisy..
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by amiluv4u(f): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
The word of God,Bible shouldnt be contended if you lack understanding in any area go to ano elder in the church or pray to God to give you spiritual insight,Gods word shouldnt be gambled in the guise of treating contradictions
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by truthman2012(m): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Does God Tempts?

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did TEMPT Abraham." (GEN 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (JAS 1:13)

Is Earth supported?
JOB 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

JOB 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Is Heaven supported too?

JOB 26:11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign?

2KI 24:8 Jehoiachin was EIGHTEEN years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

2CH 36:9 Jehoiachin was EIGHT years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

As you might have heard or known, the bible is authored by many writers. The interpretation of their statements depend on the CONTEXT. Things are changing and the context might change with them.

Again most if not all of what you term contradictions did not proceed from the same author.

Even the quran with a single prophet, which one does not expect any contradiction is full of them. Was it allah contradicting himself or muhammad? The irony of it is allah's boast that there is no single contradiction in his word, when in truth the quran does not contain contradictions, whole of it is contradictiom as he (allahh) was abrogating his revelation as soon as revealed.

The boast: [Quran 4:82] Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy.

Allah himself knows there is no reason why the words coming direct from his mouth should have discrepancies. But we have discovered his boast is in vain.

For whom is salvation?

For all pious theists:
Those who believe (in the
Qur'an), those who follow the
Jewish (scriptures), and the
Sabians and the Christians, - any
who believe in Allah and the
Last Day, and work
righteousness,- on them shall
be no fear, nor shall they
grieve.
Qur'an 5:69

For all pious theists:

Verily! Those who believe and
those who are Jews and
Christians, and Sabians ,
whoever believes in Allah and
the Last Day and do righteous
good deeds shall have their
reward with their Lord, on
them shall be no fear, nor shall
they grieve.
Qur'an 2:62

For Muslims only:

If anyone desires a religion
other than Islam (submission to
Allah), never will it be accepted
of him; and in the Hereafter He
will be in the ranks of those
who have lost (All spiritual
good).
Qur'an 3:85

For Muslims only:

Truly, the religion with Allah is
Islam. Those who were given
the Scripture (Jews and
Christians) did not differ except,
out of mutual jealousy, after
knowledge had come to them.
And whoever disbelieves in the
Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses,
signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah,
then surely, Allah is Swift in
calling to account..
Qur'an 3:19

Where do disbelievers
receive their record book on Judgment day?

Behind their back:

But he who is given his Record behind his back
Qur'an 84:10

On the left hand:

And he that will be given his
Record in his left hand will say:
"Ah! Would that my Record had not been given to me!
Qur'an 69:25

Can you marry non-
Muslims?

No

Do not marry unbelieving
women (idolaters), until they
believe: A slave woman who
believes is better than an
unbelieving woman, even
though she allures you. Nor
marry (your girls) to
unbelievers until they believe: A
man slave who believes is
better than an unbeliever, even
though he allures you.
Unbelievers do (but) beckon
you to the Fire. But Allah
beckons by His Grace to the
Garden (of bliss) and
forgiveness, and makes His
Signs clear to mankind: That
they may celebrate His praise.
Qur'an 2:221

Yes (even though Qur'an 9;29calls Christians idolaters)

This day are (all) good things
made lawful for you. The food
of those who have received the
Scripture is lawful for you, and
your food is lawful for them.
And so are the virtuous women
of the believers and the
virtuous women of those who
received the Scripture before
you (lawful for you) when ye
give them their marriage
portions and live with them in
honour, not in fornication, nor
taking them as secret
concubines. Whoso denieth the
faith, his work is vain and he
will be among the losers in the
Hereafter.
Qur'an 5:5

The virtuous women of those
who received the Scripture
before were Jews and
Christians, which by Islamic
belief were unbelievers and
idolaters. Calling them “ women
of those who received the
Scripture before you” shows
they were yet to believe in
islam. Muslims were permitted
to marry them even though
they were yet to believe
contradicting the above warning
not to do so .

Will Allah reward the good deeds of non-Muslims?

No

It is not for such as join gods
with Allah, to visit or maintain
the mosques of Allah while they
witness against their own souls
to infidelity. The works of such
bear no fruit: In Fire shall they
dwell.
Qur'an 9:17

Yes

And whoso doeth good an
atom's weight will see it then
Qur'an 99:7

Yes, for all pious theists

Lo! Those who believe (in that
which is revealed unto thee
Muhammad) and those who are
Jews and Christians and
Sabaens – whosoever believeth
in Allah and the Last Day and
doeth right – surely their
reward is with their Lord and
there shall no fear come upon
them neither shall they grieve.
Qur’an 2:62

Yes, for all pious theists

Those who believe (in the
Qur'an), those who follow the
Jewish (scriptures), and the
Sabians and the Christians,- any
who believe in Allah and the
Last Day, and work
righteousness,- on them shall
be no fear, nor shall they
grieve.
Qur'an 5:69

The list is long but for want of time. Please note that even a single contradiction NULLIFIES the WHOLE quran considering allah's boast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
sportsmaster:

Time to start tutorials again..

Firstly,BIBLE is not the Word of God.
Jesus is the Word of God,see heb4:12-13,notice the word "HE",Rev19:22,John 1:1-14..

The bible is referred to as the written word.
youre outstandingly right. Jesus is the Word of God ( 1 john 5 vs 7) (revelation 19 vs 13), while the bible is the written history of the word of God for our knowledge and for contending of the faith (jude 3).

:

Cc vooks,WinsomeX,Joagbaje,Gombs,olaadegbu,jagoon,gabazin080,bingbagbo,An2elect,scholar8200,Great0,winner01,KingEbukasBlog,nynbrada,NumberOne3,NumberOne2,annyplenty,malvisguy212,italo,soye3,starlingslimnet,Ebi4life,jcross19, ProphetUdeme
2 timothy 2 v 16 - but shun profane and vain babblings for they will proceed to ungodliness
2 peter 3 vs 16 -they unbelievers that are unlearned always wrestle and conflict the Scriptures as they wrestle and oppose to their own destruction.
I usually dont like commenting on threads were atheist or muslims are found, as no matter how hard you try to prove the bible right, they will neither hear nor believe as they have been turned into a reprobate mind and stony hearts. So if they like they should think it right that the bible contradicts itself but as for us that are being saved, the Spirit bears witness with us that the bible is true and faithful from genesis to the law the prophets and the new testaments it never contradicts itself as it all points to one God as the author and His Holiness, man's downfall ransom and salvation and the coming kingdom. God bless you
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Tjayjosh(m): 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2015
sonmvayina:
The reason why god punished the Jews in the time of Joshua was because they where sacrificing their children to Molech, which was an abomination to Yahweh, so for him to sacrifice his son is nothing short of hypocrisy..
Where in the scripture is it written that God
punished the isrealites in the time of joshua for sacrificing their children to molech? On your own, you just feel like contradicting the scripture where it states that, "Isreal served the lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had experienced everything the lord had done for isreal." See Joshua 24:31.
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by sonmvayina(m): 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Where in the scripture is it written that God
punished the isrealites in the time of joshua for sacrificing their children to molech? On your own, you just feel like contradicting the scripture where it states that, "Isreal served the lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had experienced everything the lord had done for isreal." See Joshua 24:31.

i think somewhere in 1st king...you know it is there somewhere....
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Tjayjosh(m): 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
sonmvayina:

i think somewhere in 1st king...you know it is there somewhere....
Guy park well!! Your argument does not hold water.
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by sonmvayina(m): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
Tjayjosh:

sorry my mistake, it is to baal..jerimiah 19:5
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by sonmvayina(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
Tjayjosh:

try also deutonomy 18:21
Levitcus 18:21
Levitus 20:1-5
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by sonmvayina(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
Tjayjosh:

try reading proverbs 17:15, and relating that to jesus and barrabas...
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Scholar8200(m): 6:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
sonmvayina:

The quilty one, on the basis of Proverbs 17:15, is neither Jesus nor Barrabas but the Elders and Pharisees, and the crowd influenced by them.
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Tjayjosh(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
sonmvayina:

Where exactly do you base your argument?
Re: Explaining Bible Contradiction. by Tjayjosh(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
sonmvayina:

Where exactly do you base your argument?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Lavish Spender, Pastor Adeboye Of Redeem Church Has Done It Again / Yet Another Scandal In The Catholic Church / Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.