Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS (1425 Views)

Buhari’s Health Has Improved Tremendously, Says Dogara / Power Supply has improved drastically: How is it In Your Area? / Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by naijapiper: 7:51am On Jul 19, 2015

A Security Expert in Nigeria, Ladi Thompson, says that the Federal Government’s strategies in tackling Boko Haram insurgency in the nation’s north-east region have improved.

Speaking on Channels Television on Saturday, Mr Thompson observed that the military’s approach in fighting terrorism had improved from a professional point of view, pointing out that the development had caused confusion in the camp of the terrorists.

“Strategically speaking, if you understand and you watch what is going on, you will find out that the Boko Haram has had to alter its strategy.

“The reason it has to alter its strategy is because, finally, the Nigerian government has begun to get things right,” Thompson said.

He stressed further that the military had reduced the onslaught against the insurgents toward the end of the last dispensation, but had improved tactics in the present administration.

“Towards the end of the last dispensation, what they were doing was that they had reduced the strategy to a war affliction. When these ones came in, you can easily see that some professionalism had been restored to the military and as a result of that, the morale was better.

“They have been able to check the activities of the moles who have been demoralising the army from within and the consent that the Boko Haram has gotten a lot more desperate,” the security expert noted.

Thompson further pointed out that the media report about the onslaught had not been upgraded to capture the fact that lot of progress had been made, attributing it to the challenge that is presently being faced by Nigeria.

“From a professional point of view, government strategy has improved, but the media report on part of the war has not yet caught up with the improvements that this government has brought,” Thompson said.

Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&ct2=en_ng&usg=AFQjCNFLVryjaI5pWLad8ExNYsTZsS2ZfA&clid=c3a7d30bb8a4878e06b80cf16b898331&cid=52778904270991&ei=rzmrVdDzMsWQ3gGUnoD4BQ&url=http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/18/expert-says-nigerias-strategy-in-tackling-insurgency-has-improved/

[size=18pt]Discuss more security News on Naija Pips.com Forum[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Bilabong(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2015
But more people are dying.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by ramdris(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2015
What's this guy saying? Am pro PMB but am not too okay with what this guy is saying. People are getting killed per second nd you are here talking logistics.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by fkpboss: 8:02am On Jul 19, 2015
The strategy has improved indeed, as you can see there has been no 'bombing' for the past 2 months undecided
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by luvmijeje(f): 8:03am On Jul 19, 2015
Agreed. Where are Boko Harams getting their funds from? I'm seeing signs that the government is seriously trying to solve this question and more.

1 Like

Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by demsid(m): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2015
Thank God. We are getting there.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2015
over to tanoiDS, cry me lagoon
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Tintinnoty(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Yhunoos: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2015
Boko are loosing the wars that's why they resort to suicide bombing.

1 Like

Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Tallesty1(m): 8:26am On Jul 19, 2015
demsid:
Where??
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by MizMyColi(f): 8:35am On Jul 19, 2015
What is that one saying now?angry
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by nerodenero: 8:41am On Jul 19, 2015
The reality says otherwise undecided.

I am not a security experts but I feel Bokoharam only came back strongly to welcome PMB and to reinstate their commitments to terror by leaving their enclaves to attack more states after the Jonathan administration towards the end of the administration started doing what they should have done long time ago.

Solution:
Jonathan said Bokoharam sponsors are in his government but he lacked the balls to fight them. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/3360-boko-haram-has-infiltrated-my-government-says-jonathan.html.
I believe they are still in government of PMB. These are the sponsors. They are the enemy within. Find the sponsors, block Bokoharam supplies from these sources within and outside the country, then their foot soldiers will surrender.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by nerodenero: 8:42am On Jul 19, 2015
Are you a Nigerian living in Nigeria?
demsid:
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by nerodenero: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2015
What are they before 'alive bombers'? The only difference is they now use children and ladies dressed in hijab to attack.
Yhunoos:
Boko are loosing the wars that's why they resort to suicide bombing.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Kyase(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2015
Bilabong:
But more people are dying.
fish brain reloaded
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by ellechrystal(f): 8:49am On Jul 19, 2015
ajibolabd:
over to tanoiDS, cry me lagoon
People like u r d ones that didn't allow Johnathan rest. Now u r defending trash.
Na u go soon cry d ocean. Tym never reach. Gullible hypocrite
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by ellechrystal(f): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2015
nerodenero:
Are you a Nigerian living in Nigeria?
No Morocco
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Bilabong(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2015
Kyase:
fish brain reloaded
Ur real father.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Kyase(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2015
Bilabong:
Ur real father.
hahahaha bfore unko?
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by hinwazaka: 8:59am On Jul 19, 2015
Thanks for bringing forth this issue. I watched the interview and I couldn't hold back laughter at the "EXPERT's" analysis of the Boko Haram debacle. During the interview he contradicted himself by first saying that Boko Haram were in their last days and then later saying that Boko Haram was a global problem and thus would be hard to tackle. In the discussion all the discussants including the highly overrated Lia Mohammed were way off course. They all failed to raise the pertinent issues that could beam a spotlight on how to nip this in the bud. For one, they failed to specify the manner and facility of intelligence that could be used by the government. Its not enough to just say the government should use intelligence. They should expatiate on what and how intelligence should be utilized. For example the USA use the patriot act which enables them to tap the phones of their citizens in order to spot any red flags .Our experts are no more than market women in analysing this issue
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by ETERRORS(f): 9:06am On Jul 19, 2015
APC apologist who should apologise to the 100 bereaved families who lost their lives on Sallah eve and Sallah day.
This man is talking Nonsense and has the same daft brain with Buhari
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Bilabong(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2015
Kyase:

hahahaha bfore unko?
but y should you refer me to fish brain? 446 died within two months so what strategy is he talking about?
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Kyase(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2015
Bilabong:
but y should you refer me to fish brain? 446 died within two months so what strategy is he talking about?
maybe u dont understand what strategy means.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Bilabong(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2015
Kyase:
maybe u dont understand what strategy means.
Please teach me.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Kyase(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2015
Bilabong:
Please teach me.
NO am not qualify to teach yet. Or u want make i teach u nonsense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2015
h
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by IAMTHEHERO: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2015
The thunder that will fire you and that your expert has just returned from pre season training in Asia where it has perfected its shooting tactics. It has laid siege for una.How many people have died since May 29? Most of them voted for PMB,that's the most painful part of it.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Bilabong(m): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2015
Kyase:
NO am not qualify to teach yet. Or u want make i teach u nonsense?
I thought as much.
Re: Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS by Kyase(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2015
Bilabong:
I thought as much.
lol

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Man Burnt To Death In Imo State For Allegedly Stealing A Bike / SHOCKER: 11 PDP Godfathers Missing...! / Mods,whats Going On?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.