Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build (4952 Views)

The Cost Of A Room Way Back In 1976 (Photo) / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by dataplus87(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2015
please i want to know the cost effective of molding ones blocks or buying it,i just acquire a piece of land and i discovered other people building around are molding their own blocks...please is it cost effective or they trying to get a solid block? thank you

Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by MANGAM(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2015
Interesting thread
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by dataplus87(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2015
i see it as tasking and time consuming making ones block..infact most hand made block i keep seeing around are been damage as rain keep hitting the surface ,so why would people still opt for that option?please anyone that can help with the cost advantage?

1 Like

Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by dataplus87(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by Horlawoomey(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
Let me go straight to the point, I have once supervised a family building project and we decided to mold our blocks, I kept track of the expenses on 1000 unit of blocks made. We spent #89000 on materials, workmanship, equipment hiring and other miscellaneous and we got strong enough blocks for the building.

NOTE: A READY MADE BLOCK OF THE SAME 6 INCHES COST #120 PUTTING THE TOTAL COST TO #120000.

PROJECT WAS IN ILORIN, KWARA STATE.
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by Horlawoomey(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
dataplus87:

Let me go straight to the point, I have once supervised a family building projectand we decided to mold our blocks, I kept track of the expenses on 1000 unit of blocks made. We spent #89000 on materials, workmanship, equipment hiring and other miscellaneous and we got strong enough blocks for the building.NOTE: A READY MADE BLOCK OF THE SAME 6 INCHES COST #120 PUTTING THE TOTAL COST TO #120000.PROJECT WAS IN ILORIN, KWARA STATE.

Modified

It is risky to mould blocks during this raining season as rain can damage them before setting ( hardening )
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by omooba969(m): 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Horlawoomey:
Let me go straight to the point, I have once supervised a family building project and we decided to mold our blocks, I kept track of the expenses on 1000 unit of blocks made. We spent #89000 on materials, workmanship, equipment hiring and other miscellaneous and we got strong enough blocks for the building.

NOTE: A READY MADE BLOCK OF THE SAME 6 INCHES COST #120 PUTTING THE TOTAL COST TO #120000.

PROJECT WAS IN ILORIN, KWARA STATE.

Pls, hw many weeks did it take for setting up d site for moulding, moulding of 1000 blocks & waiting for d blocks to harden up?

Just curious.

Thanks
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by sako28: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
I Molded 6000 9" block in PHC Rivers state March this year. Damage rate by rain was less than 2%. Well no too much rain and nylon on stand by to cover them when the rain started. A day to set and after 2 days you can arrange. Did the 6000 block in 3 weeks.

I used 1 bag of cement to produce minimum of 27 and max of 33 9" block.
And 1 Load of sand used 20-22 bags of cement.

Workmanship was 800 naria per bag.

I saved over 250k. Will be molding 3000 6" block and 1400 9" block

omooba969:

Pls, hw many weeks did it take for setting up d site for moulding, moulding of 1000 blocks & waiting for d blocks to harden up?

Just curious.

Thanks
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by Horlawoomey(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
omooba969:

Just curious.

Thanks

-Clearing and leveling the ground can be done in a day

- Depending on the number of moulders, 1000 blocks can be done in a day, workmanship matters.

- If at all you can mould 1000 in a day, you will have to cure ( wet ) for 4 or 5 days consecutively, morning and evening for them to attain the required strength and fit for use.

Basically 10 men can do that in less than a week.

6 moulders, 4 labourers for clearing of land, fetching water and wetting of the blocks.
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by omooba969(m): 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
Horlawoomey:

-Clearing and leveling the ground can be done in a day

- Depending on the number of moulders, 1000 blocks can be done in a day, workmanship matters.

- If at all you can mould 1000 in a day, you will have to cure ( wet ) for 4 or 5 days consecutively, morning and evening for them to attain the required strength and fit for use.

Basically 10 men can do that in less than a week.

6 moulders, 4 labourers for clearing of land, fetching water and wetting of the blocks.

Thanks for ur reply, quite informative much appreciated. Pls, may I knw d cost of hiring d machinery(s) for dis task & hw many days/weeks wud be ok for abt 5000 blocks?

Do u do dis kind of work, if yes, may I knw where u r based?

Thanks 4 ur time, much appreciated.
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by Horlawoomey(m): 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
omooba969:

Thanks for ur reply, quite informative much appreciated. Pls, may I knw d cost of hiring d machinery(s) for dis task & hw many days/weeks wud be ok for abt 5000 blocks?

Do u do dis kind of work, if yes, may I knw where u r based?

Thanks 4 ur time, much appreciated.

The equipment are not that much.

In Ilorin, kwara state, the mould is #200 per day, shovels and spades are #100 per day, drum for water is #200 per day ( that is if the men that will work doesn't have any of those ). But if they do, they will charge higher for a unit of block.

Last time I engaged them, they charged #12 for a unit of 6 inches block.

They can finish 5000 unit in a week or two if the materials are available, enough land space and adequate men on the job.

Strict supervision is needed so as to ensure they mould the required quantity with a bag of cement ( for 6" average of 43 unit per cement bag will give you a very sound block )

I based in Ilorin but currently away for NYSC program, am a Civil Engineering Technologist.
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by omooba969(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
Horlawoomey:

In Ilorin, kwara state, the mould is #200 per day, shovels and spades are #100 per day, drum for water is #200 per day ( that is if the men that will work doesn't have any of those ). But if they do, they will charge higher for a unit of block.

They can finish 5000 unit in a week or two if the materials are available, enough land space and adequate men on the job.

Strict supervision is needed so as to ensure they mould the required quantity with a bag of cement ( for 6" average of 43 unit per cement bag will give you a very sound block )

I based in Ilorin but currently away for NYSC program, am a Civil Engineering Technologist.

Thanx
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by Electronzeez(m): 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Horlawoomey:

Happy birthday brother, long life and prosperity.

Loni kejebu le she ni grin
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by Horlawoomey(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
Electronzeez:

Happy birthday brother, long life and prosperity.

Loni kejebu le she ni grin

Thanks boss, Nysc ni kogba alariwo. Aajo lawa

1 Like

Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by dataplus87(m): 12:38am On Jul 20, 2015
Horlawoomey:

Thanks for the educative info,i have called a guy that does the molding to give me his quotation, am trying to construct a two room self contain and i will settled for the hand molding blocks...i also based in ilorin too.i just dont know how many 6inches blocks that will required?
Re: Please Whats The Cost Advantage Of Moldling ones Block Or Buying It To Build by Horlawoomey(m): 8:50am On Jul 20, 2015
dataplus87:

Thanks for the educative info,i have called a guy that does the molding to give me his quotation, am trying to construct a two room self contain and i will settled for the hand molding blocks...i also based in ilorin too.i just dont know how many 6inches blocks that will required?

From my rough estimation here because detailed estimation requires your building plan, a two room self contain with a combined toilet and bathroom, a kitchen and a verandah will take like 1150 blocks.

Why not opt for a 3 bedroom flat if you have the means and enough land space, trust me there won't be much difference in the cost.

(1) (Reply)

MINI,2 &3 BEDROOMS FLATS @IKOSI-KETU, MAGODO PH 1 & 2,OMOLE,GBAGADA.08186161605 / Landed Properties For Sale @ Lekki, Victoria Island, Ikoyi And Others / 38 Room Hotel Architectural Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.