Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Praying In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying In Tongues (5595 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? / Praying In Tongues For Seven Hours: Powerful Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
TONGUES IS THE DOORWAY INTO THE SUPERNATURAL!

The more you pray in tongues, the more supernatural experiences you will have with God.

The less you pray in tongues, the less supernatural experiences you will have with God.

No praying in tongues means no supernatural experiences with God.

It's just that plain and simple.

And that is because God has ordained speaking in tongues to be the very thing that stirs up the power of the Holy Ghost that is within you.

As it is written in the epistles,"Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my

hands" (2 Timothy 1:6).

The power of the Spirit of God that is within you doesn't just automatically come into manifestation.

You have to do something to cause the power of the Holy Spirit to manifest itself in you and through you.

And the primary way you go about doing this is by praying in tongues.

That's how the apostle, Paul, became such a mighty miracle-worker.

It's because Paul spend a lot of time praying in tongues every day.

In fact, Paul spent so many hours praying in tongues each day that he ended up spending more time praying in tongues than any other Christian

in his social circle.

As Paul himself insisted, "I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all" (1 Corinthians 14:18).

And what of you, saint of the Most High?

How much time do you spend praying in tongues everyday?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
undecided
Re: Praying In Tongues by hahn(m): 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
undecided
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
You accuse catholic of repetition even though it's not bad, yet you pray in tongue which is also repetition and often times, gibberish.

undecided
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
FrancisTony:
You accuse catholic of repetition even though it's not bad, yet you pray in tongue which is also repetition and often times, gibberish.

undecided

The prophet, Isaiah, predicted that two of the outstanding features of speaking in unknown tongues would be "rest" and "refreshing."

"For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people. To whom He said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary

to rest; and this is the refreshing" (Isa. 28:11,12).

The Hebrew word for "rest" used by Prophet Isaiah is menuwchah, which literally means vacation spot.

The Hebrew word for "refreshing" used by Prophet Isaiah is nuwach, meaning, to settle down.

In other words, God wants His people to know that praying in tongues is a divinely designed "vacation spot"---not in space nor in time but in the

Spirit---where you can go and "settle down."

Be astonished by the fact that praying in unknown tongues is a divine stress inhibitor!

If you Catholics or some Christians only knew that, whenever they feel a bit overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of daily living, they can take

an immediate vacation from stress, free of charge, without having to board an airplane or pay for expensive lodging at a pricey resort simply by

stepping aside for a minute or two to pray in unknown tongues.

That is why the Word says Christians should be "praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit" (Eph. 6:18).

Notice it says that we should pray in the Spirit always.

This means we should take a little time each day to pray in unknown tongues, off and on throughout the day, so that we can experience the

marvellous benefits of being on a perpetual vacation.

Indeed, vacationing in Bahamas, Dubai, Aruba or Bora Bora or the Turks & Caicos Islands cannot even remotely compare to the peace and

splendour of settling down in that God-ordained vacation spot called praying in the Holy Ghost!

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
Gift of the Spirit is never a prerequisite of having close relationship with God it is the fruits of the Spirit... so brother I think you are wrong.
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

The prophet, Isaiah, predicted that two of the outstanding features of speaking in unknown tongues would be "rest" and "refreshing."

"For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people. To whom He said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary

to rest; and this is the refreshing" (Isa. 28:11,12).

The Hebrew word for "rest" used by Prophet Isaiah is menuwchah, which literally means vacation spot.

The Hebrew word for "refreshing" used by Prophet Isaiah is nuwach, meaning, to settle down.

In other words, God wants His people to know that praying in tongues is a divinely designed "vacation spot"---not in space nor in time but in the

Spirit---where you can go and "settle down."

Be astonished by the fact that praying in unknown tongues is a divine stress inhibitor!

If you Catholics or some Christians only knew that, whenever they feel a bit overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of daily living, they can take

an immediate vacation from stress, free of charge, without having to board an airplane or pay for expensive lodging at a pricey resort simply by

stepping aside for a minute or two to pray in unknown tongues.

That is why the Word says Christians should be "praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit" (Eph. 6:18).

Notice it says that we should pray in the Spirit always.

This means we should take a little time each day to pray in unknown tongues, off and on throughout the day, so that we can experience the

marvellous benefits of being on a perpetual vacation.

Indeed, vacationing in Bahamas, Dubai, Aruba or Bora Bora or the Turks & Caicos Islands cannot even remotely compare to the peace and

splendour of settling down in that God-ordained vacation spot called praying in the Holy Ghost!
All these preachings mhen; I never opined that I don't believe in speaking in tongues even though I don't speak it.

I was simply pointing out hypocrisy.
Re: Praying In Tongues by Iceflox(f): 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
PROPHETmichael:
TONGUES IS THE DOORWAY INTO THE SUPERNATURAL!

The more you pray in tongues, the more supernatural experiences you will have with God.

The less you pray in tongues, the less supernatural experiences you will have with God.

No praying in tongues means no supernatural experiences with God.

It's just that plain and simple.

And that is because God has ordained speaking in tongues to be the very thing that stirs up the power of the Holy Ghost that is within you.

As it is written in the epistles,"Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my

hands" (2 Timothy 1:6).

The power of the Spirit of God that is within you doesn't just automatically come into manifestation.

You have to do something to cause the power of the Holy Spirit to manifest itself in you and through you.

And the primary way you go about doing this is by praying in tongues.

That's how the apostle, Paul, became such a mighty miracle-worker.

It's because Paul spend a lot of time praying in tongues every day.

In fact, Paul spent so many hours praying in tongues each day that he ended up spending more time praying in tongues than any other Christian

in his social circle.

As Paul himself insisted, "I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all" (1 Corinthians 14:18).

And what of you, saint of the Most High?

How much time do you spend praying in tongues everyday?
op, you comit a serious fallacy here.
2 Timothy 1: 6 did not talk about tongue speaking. stir up your gift means hold on to your faith, not tongues speaking.
therefore, your statement, the more. you pray in tongues the more supernatural you are, is a big lie.
no place in the Bible mentioned anything like that
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Gift of the Spirit is never a prerequisite of having close relationship with God it is the fruits of the Spirit... so brother I think you are wrong.

No sir, You can't have a relationship with God if you don't know how to talk to God as it is written, "TAKE WITH YOU WORDS, AND TURN TO

THE LORD" (Hos. 14:2)!
God is a God of words! He created the Universe by words. He communicates with humanity by words. Not only so but

God is also moved by your words. The quality of your words determine the quality of your relationship with God. The key to life is to learn how to

influence God with your words. Wherefore, infusing your words with His words is the highest wisdom!

All the fruit of the Spirit are held in place by love. Jesus said that loving God and other people is the most important commandment. “You

must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.”

He added, “A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself’” (Matthew 22:39).

How do you love your neighbour? It is by showing him/her love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.

It is through these the world will know that truly you are a Christian and the world will seek to know your God. The fruit of the Spirit is a physical

manifestation of a Christian's transformed life.

How do you love your neighbor? First, you must learn to receive God’s love for yourself (Fruits of the spirit). Until then, you can’t truly love

anyone else. You may do all the right things, but your motivation will be all wrong. And God isn’t nearly as concerned about what we do as He is

about the attitudes of our hearts (see 1 Thessalonians 2:4).

There are 3 catagories of Gifts.
There are 3 Gifts in each of the 3 categories of Gifts.
The names of the categories of Gifts are:
1. Revelation Gifts of the Spirit.
2. Inspiration Gifts of the Spirit.
3. Demonstration Gifts of the Spirit.
Each category of gifts has a function and a purpose.

1. The function of the Revelation Gifts of the Spirit is to SHOW something.
This is for the purpose of helping you THINK like God.

2. The function of the Inspiration Gifts of the Spirit is to SAY something.
This is for the purpose of helping you TALK like God.

3. The function of the Demonstration Gifts of the Spirit is to DO something.
This is for the purpose of helping you ACT like God.

Remain blessed!!
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
Iceflox:

2 Timothy 1: 6 did not talk about tongue speaking. stir up your gift means hold on to your faith, not tongues speaking.
therefore, your statement, the more. you pray in tongues the more supernatural you are, is a big lie.

No sir, i beg to differ with you. Stir up your gifts doesn't mean hold on to your faith.

It is written, "When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied." Acts 19:6;

Hence, the apostle had to remind them that the spirit of God is already inside of them and that they should stir it up by speaking in tongues

"Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of MY hands. 2 Timothy 1:6
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
Iceflox:

No sir, i never said "the more supernatural you are" but the more supernatural experience you will have. Having said that, PRAYING IN

TONGUES IS THE HIGHEST ALCHEMY! As you yield your tongue a few minutes each day to the Spirit of the living God, you will find yourself over

time undergoing a mighty transformation at the core level of your soul. Weakness will be displaced by strength, and whining by the spirit of

boldness. An interior upwafting will suck you into the vortex of a euphoric odyssey. And then you'll know the glory of tongues!
Re: Praying In Tongues by Iceflox(f): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

No sir, i beg to differ with you. Stir up your gifts doesn't mean hold on to your faith.

It is written, "When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied." Acts 19:6;

Hence, the apostle had to remind them that the spirit of God is already inside of them and that they should stir it up by speaking in tongues

"Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of MY hands. 2 Timothy 1:6
no,
you are wrong.
ok, have you bothered to read the whole 2timothy 1 and summarize the chapter?
what is the summary of the whole chapter?
there is something Paul was trying to explain.
If you can get the summary of the chapter certainly you will understand verse 6.
the summary has nothing to do with tongues speaking.
i think this is the mistakes pastors are making.
all pastors.
it is fallacious.
By the way, do you know the meaning of fallacy?
Re: Praying In Tongues by Iceflox(f): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

No sir, i never said "the more supernatural you are" but the more supernatural experience you will have. Having said that, PRAYING IN

TONGUES IS THE HIGHEST ALCHEMY! As you yield your tongue a few minutes each day to the Spirit of the living God, you will find yourself over

time undergoing a mighty transformation at the core level of your soul. Weakness will be displaced by strength, and whining by the spirit of

boldness. An interior upwafting will suck you into the vortex of a euphoric odyssey. And then you'll know the glory of tongues!
All these things are not necessary,
you don't need to be superspiritual
Just be yourself that's what God want.
if you are a sinner just be your sinner
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
Iceflox:

All these things are not necessary,
you don't need to be superspiritual
Just be yourself that's what God want.
if you are a sinner just be your sinner

I beg to differ again sir. If it was not necessary, why then why did the apostle said, "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant" (1 Cor. 12:1).

Although the Bible is very clear about (1) what praying in tongues is, (2) the benefits of praying in tongues, and (3) the fact that praying in tongues will continue as a viable gift among God's people until the second coming of Jesus Christ, somehow people have allowed the devil to deceive them in this area.

The apostle said, "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant" (1 Cor. 12:1).

And what are today's Christians the most ignorant about? Spiritual gifts, especially the gift to unknown tongues!

Now why would something as beautiful as praying in an heavenly language spark such animosity and debate throughout the Church world?

It is because the Adversary of our souls knows the power of praying in unknown tongues.

Satan is deathly afraid of any person who spends quality time alone, each day, praying in unknown tongues because he knows the benefits that come with praying in tongues, incredibly astounding benefits that praying in one's own earthly language cannot possibly afford. That is why the devil devoted himself long ago to the obscuring of these manifold benefits in the minds of well-meaning but biblically illiterate Christians.
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

No sir, You can't have a relationship with God if you don't know how to talk to God as it is written, "TAKE WITH YOU WORDS, AND TURN TO

THE LORD" (Hos. 14:2)!
God is a God of words! He created the Universe by words. He communicates with humanity by words. Not only so but

God is also moved by your words. The quality of your words determine the quality of your relationship with God. The key to life is to learn how to

influence God with your words. Wherefore, infusing your words with His words is the highest wisdom!

All the fruit of the Spirit are held in place by love. Jesus said that loving God and other people is the most important commandment. “You

must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.”

He added, “A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself’” (Matthew 22:39).

How do you love your neighbour? It is by showing him/her love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.

It is through these the world will know that truly you are a Christian and the world will seek to know your God. The fruit of the Spirit is a physical

manifestation of a Christian's transformed life.

How do you love your neighbor? First, you must learn to receive God’s love for yourself (Fruits of the spirit). Until then, you can’t truly love

anyone else. You may do all the right things, but your motivation will be all wrong. And God isn’t nearly as concerned about what we do as He is

about the attitudes of our hearts (see 1 Thessalonians 2:4).

There are 3 catagories of Gifts.
There are 3 Gifts in each of the 3 categories of Gifts.
The names of the categories of Gifts are:
1. Revelation Gifts of the Spirit.
2. Inspiration Gifts of the Spirit.
3. Demonstration Gifts of the Spirit.
Each category of gifts has a function and a purpose.

1. The function of the Revelation Gifts of the Spirit is to SHOW something.
This is for the purpose of helping you THINK like God.

2. The function of the Inspiration Gifts of the Spirit is to SAY something.
This is for the purpose of helping you TALK like God.

3. The function of the Demonstration Gifts of the Spirit is to DO something.
This is for the purpose of helping you ACT like God.

Remain blessed!!
You know brother I don't have time to be disputing with doctrinated Christains who only believe and teach what Pentecostal doctrines says without seeing what the Scripture really say.

Well that's what you believe only do not force your unscriptural belief on those who are weak in Faith.

I don't speak in tongues as you will call it (I mean shiroboborabomarae) Yet I pray to God and he answers without delay.

My advice to you bro is "Know what the will of the Lord is" and "Test everything and hold on to that which is Truth" . See you in the new heaven and earth.

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 8:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
You know brother I don't have time to be disputing with doctrinated Christains who only believe and teach what Pentecostal doctrines says without seeing what the Scripture really say.

Well that's what you believe only do not force your unscriptural belief on those who are weak in Faith.

I don't speak in tongues as you will call it (I mean shiroboborabomarae) Yet I pray to God and he answers without delay.

My advice to you bro is "Know what the will of the Lord is" and "Test everything and hold on to that which is Truth" . See you in the new heaven and earth.

Am happy for you brother but i besiege thee not to be ignorant but take advantage of the benefits that is wrap in the glory of tongues.

The apostle said, "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant" (1 Cor. 12:1).

And what are today's Christians the most ignorant about? Spiritual gifts, especially the gift to unknown tongues!

"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices" (2 Cor. 2:11), I will take the time to delineate to you from the Word of the Lord the manifold benefits of praying in unknown tongues.

Supercharger
It is written, "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself" (1 Cor. 14:4).

To "edify" means to recharge. Praying in tongues is to your spiritual life what a jump start is to a dead car battery.

Like many others, you may awaken some mornings feeling somewhat "dead," thinking you need to reach for a cup of coffee. But praying in tongues for five or ten minutes will supercharge your spirit with the energy of God without having to deal with the negative side effects of caffeine!

Relying on caffeine for energy to get your day started when you have within you the very Source of energy Himself (i.e. the Spirit of God) is like relying on a rowboat to get you across the Atlantic Ocean when instead you could fly in a Boeing 747 jet!

By divine design, your spirit functions exactly like a battery whose energy needs to be recharged from time to time.

Praying in tongues literally jump starts your day, spiritually and physically, enabling you throughout the rest of the day to "ride upon the high places of the Earth" (Isa. 58:14).

Praying in tongues causes you to soar in the Spirit by helping you to draw on the energy of the Spirit of God within you, empowering you to rise above the petty trifles of the day that often agitate and preoccupy the average person.

To be sure, praying in your native language can recharge your spirit but it pales in comparison to the power of praying in your heavenly language.

It's like the difference between DC and AC wattage.

Just as AC wattage is far superior to DC wattage in the domain of electricity, in the realm of prayer the recharging of your spirit through praying in unknown tongues is far greater than that which comes through praying in your native language.

Peace!!!
Re: Praying In Tongues by Iceflox(f): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:

God bless you for this.
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:

PROVE IT.
Judging from your views about tongues,its clear that you dont speak with tongues,infact you despise it,
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;
they shall speak with new tongues; .

paul also admonished to pray in the spirit at all times.
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit , and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

you better start renew your mind and start benefitting from your rights and privileges IN CHRIST.
Re: Praying In Tongues by Iceflox(f): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

I beg to differ again sir. If it was not necessary, why then why did the apostle said, "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant" (1 Cor. 12:1).

Although the Bible is very clear about (1) what praying in tongues is, (2) the benefits of praying in tongues, and (3) the fact that praying in tongues will continue as a viable gift among God's people until the second coming of Jesus Christ, somehow people have allowed the devil to deceive them in this area.

Now why would something as beautiful as praying in an heavenly language spark such animosity and debate throughout the Church world?

It is because the Adversary of our souls knows the power of praying in unknown tongues.

Satan is deathly afraid of any person who spends quality time alone, each day, praying in unknown tongues because he knows the benefits that come with praying in tongues, incredibly astounding benefits that praying in one's own earthly language cannot possibly afford. That is why the devil devoted himself long ago to the obscuring of these manifold benefits in the minds of well-meaning but biblically illiterate Christians.

when you here christians speaking
reggogoskododosh!
brugggadaaskulodedos!.
yesuskudededeeshas!
You begin to wonder.
what the hell are they talking?
actually, if you analyze this thing from the
Scripture it make no sense at all.
Paul describe it as sounding brass or symbal,
no sense
1 Corinthians 13:1 says Though I speak with
the tongues of men and of angels, and have
not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or
a tinkling cymbal.
If you read that chapter, Paul talk about
prophecy.
a prophecy always come after tongues. In
those says when prophets speak in tongues It's
a sign that they want to prophesy
so, when they hear a message from God to
pass to the people, the message most times,
come as a shock depending on the weight of
the message
As a result of the shock, they will ulter a sound
like grugugugushdiduzzz! the people will then
ask, what did you hear?
if the prophet love the people he pass the
message to them.
Today, that tongues has evolved to what we
used to do swag in Christianity by speaking
randomly, gugugrigugugizzu
dezulugridididush
when we do these things we don't interprete
what we are saying
No prophecy attached to the tongues .
where is the love there?
All Pentecostal churches are guilty of this
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
Iceflox:

OP might not be correct,but he has a point,

1Cor 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Praying in tongues edifies you(i.e it builds you up,a perfect edifice).
SELAH.
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
Iceflox:

reggogoskododosh!
brugggadaaskulodedos!.
yesuskudededeeshas!
You begin to wonder.
no sense
a tinkling cymbal.
prophecy.
the message
ask, what did you hear?
message to them.
dezulugridididush
what we are saying.
where is the love there?

By your above write ups, you're just fulfilling the scripture (1Cor. 14:2). Praying in tongues is the act whereby a Christian communicates with

Almighty God in a language that is not of this world, a language that cannot be comprehended by the human intellect . As it is written, "For he

that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him
" (1 Cor. 14:2).

Indeed, "no man understandeth him" because unknown tongues is the common language spoken among the angelic populace of Heaven. That is

why speaking in tongues is called the tongue "of angels" (1 Cor. 13:1).

It is not a language that can be learned through study but one that is instantly (and permanently) imparted by the power of the Spirit of God.

That is why the apostle called it "praying in the Holy Ghost" (Jude 20).

Praying in tongues is when your spirit, by the power of the Holy Spirit within you, speaks directly to God in an heavenly language.

As it is written, "For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful" (1Cor.

14:14).

Jesus said "God is a Spirit" (Jn. 4:24). Consequently, praying in tongues is a spirit-to-Spirit interaction---it is your spirit elegantly interacting with

the Almighty Spirit.

Peace!!!
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
Iceflox:

reggogoskododosh!
brugggadaaskulodedos!.
yesuskudededeeshas!
You begin to wonder.
no sense
a tinkling cymbal.
prophecy.
the message
ask, what did you hear?
message to them.
dezulugridididush
what we are saying
No prophecy attached to the tongues .
where is the love there?

after the whole allegories and discussions about tongues,Paul finalizes it by saying,

1Cor 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

2 Likes

Re: Praying In Tongues by Iceflox(f): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
sportsmaster:

OP might not be correct,but he has a point,

1Cor 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Praying in tongues edifies you(i.e it builds you up,a perfect edifice).
SELAH.

it edifices people by making them think to themselves they are holy.
meanwhile, they don't have love.
according to 1 cor 14:4, to prophesy is far edifying.
we are talking about what benefits other people and not just yourself.
if your speaking in tongues is not benefiting people by way of prophesying as well, you should just shut up
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
sportsmaster:

after the whole allegories and discussions about tongues,Paul finalizes it by saying,

1Cor 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Indeed, because THE MOMENT YOU RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST YOU BECOME LINKED WITH OMNIPOTENCE! From that day forward, each time you pray in tongues you draw on the reservoir of that omnipotence within you. And your entire life thereby becomes one continuous parade of miracles!

Blessings!!!
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
sportsmaster:

PROVE IT.
Judging from your views about tongues,its clear that you dont speak with tongues,infact you despise it,
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit , and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

you better start renew your mind and start benefitting from your rights and privileges IN CHRIST.
Speak with new tongues and pray in the Spirit you have misconstrued. I do not speak in tongue because am yet to minister to people of other language.... surely when I do I shall speak in a new tongue they understand.

Praying in the Spirit is not saying shiroboborabomarae but submitting and praying in Faith to God knowing you are heard and asking in the will of God.

Apostle Paul Ask the church a question which I will ask you now...Are all preachers? Do all speak in tongues?

And I will tell you my brother God give me a gift and my spiritual gift is "The Gift of Worship" after that order of Don moen.

You can see my answer to OP for more understanding .

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues by Iceflox(f): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
sportsmaster:

that is only when you prophesy immediately you speak, so that people will know the message from God through you
Re: Praying In Tongues by Iceflox(f): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
sportsmaster:

PROVE IT.

they shall speak in new tongues is not speaking. graggogodifidididododo!
they shall speak in new tongues means that people who speak Hausa will find themselves speaking igbo, and Yoruba speaking Spanish etc.as it happened on pentecost .
This was to help spread the Gospel
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Speak with new tongues and pray in the Spirit you have misconstrued. I do not speak in tongue because am yet to minister to people of other language.... surely when I do I shall speak in a new tongue they understand.

Praying in the Spirit is not saying shiroboborabomarae but submitting and praying in Faith to God knowing you are heard and asking in the will of God.

Apostle Paul Ask the church a question which I will ask you now...Are all preachers? Do all speak in tongues?

And I will tell you my brother God give me a gift and my spiritual gift is "The Gift of Worship" after that order of Don moen.

You can see my answer to OP for more understanding .

Let me answer your question:-

It is commonly believed among some Christians that the ability to speak in tongues is a gift given by God only to a select group of individuals, and

that not all of God's people have equal access to this ability. They base this belief on the scripture where the apostles asks the rhetorical question,

"Do all speak with tongues?" (1 Cor. 12:30). Of course, the answer is "No."

Notwithstanding, their belief holds no water whatsoever because the apostle is not referring to the gift of unknown tongues (1 Cor. 14:2,4). He's

referring to the gift of divers kinds of tongues.

Not all of God's people are gifted to speak in divers kinds of tongues, which is the supernatural ability to speak in an earthly

language by the power of the Spirit of God.

To All Afar Off
However, God invites all of His people to receive the gift of unknown tongues, which is the supernatural ability to speak in an heavenly language

by the power of the Spirit of God.

For this purpose, the apostle to the circumcision said, "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call" (Acts 2:38).

The promise of the Father to gift everyone of His children with the ability to speak in an heavenly language (i.e. unknown tongues) by the power

of the Spirit of God was made to the people who lived in the Apostolic Age.

And not only to them but also to their children.

And not only to their children but also to "all that are afar off."

You and I are those "that are afar off" to whom this promise also pertains being that we are now afar off in time from the day the apostle, Peter,

spoke these words almost 2,000 years ago on the day of Pentecost.

It is your inheritance, embrace it.

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

Am happy for you brother but i besiege thee not to be ignorant but take advantage of the benefits that is wrap in the glory of tongues.

"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices" (2 Cor. 2:11), I will take the time to delineate to you from the Word of the Lord the manifold benefits of praying in unknown tongues.

Supercharger
It is written, "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself" (1 Cor. 14:4).

To "edify" means to recharge. Praying in tongues is to your spiritual life what a jump start is to a dead car battery.

Like many others, you may awaken some mornings feeling somewhat "dead," thinking you need to reach for a cup of coffee. But praying in tongues for five or ten minutes will supercharge your spirit with the energy of God without having to deal with the negative side effects of caffeine!

Relying on caffeine for energy to get your day started when you have within you the very Source of energy Himself (i.e. the Spirit of God) is like relying on a rowboat to get you across the Atlantic Ocean when instead you could fly in a Boeing 747 jet!

By divine design, your spirit functions exactly like a battery whose energy needs to be recharged from time to time.

Praying in tongues literally jump starts your day, spiritually and physically, enabling you throughout the rest of the day to "ride upon the high places of the Earth" (Isa. 58:14).

Praying in tongues causes you to soar in the Spirit by helping you to draw on the energy of the Spirit of God within you, empowering you to rise above the petty trifles of the day that often agitate and preoccupy the average person.

To be sure, praying in your native language can recharge your spirit but it pales in comparison to the power of praying in your heavenly language.

It's like the difference between DC and AC wattage.

Just as AC wattage is far superior to DC wattage in the domain of electricity, in the realm of prayer the recharging of your spirit through praying in unknown tongues is far greater than that which comes through praying in your native language.

Peace!!!

You know sometimes ago....I met this Christain sister she speaks in tongue so much you had wonder what a gift she has....but she had four bf.... She still speaks in tongue... she told me about her spiritual life I advice and counsel her....and what do I get? she fell in love with me and ask if I can be his boyfriend...... she still speaks in tongue...... I told her No and what happened? she declared she hates me......she is still speaking in tongue.

You see my brother she speaks shiroboborabomarae after hating and being in malice with a being Christ died for. If praying in tongue is speaking in a language no one understand... if it is the Spirit explaining and supplicating on our behalf to God then she won't be hating one who Christ died for.

She speaks shiroboborabomarae and still hate me.....don't you think by saying shiroboborabomarae she should be restored to Spiritual line according to you?

Satan has deceived many with fake gifts. he can make a counterfeit of the gifts of the Spirit but he cannot make a counterfeit of the Fruits of the Fruits.

Christ speaks of the Fruit and has not in any time speak of the gifts as a prerequisite of you having the Holy Spirit.The Apostles laid emphasis on the fruits

But in any case my brother what is important is whatever your gifts are use in building the Church of God.
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

Let me answer your question:-

It is commonly believed among some Christians that the ability to speak in tongues is a gift given by God only to a select group of individuals, and

that not all of God's people have equal access to this ability. They base this belief on the scripture where the apostles asks the rhetorical question,

"Do all speak with tongues?" (1 Cor. 12:30). Of course, the answer is "No."

Notwithstanding, their belief holds no water whatsoever because the apostle is not referring to the gift of unknown tongues (1 Cor. 14:2,4). He's

referring to the gift of divers kinds of tongues.

Not all of God's people are gifted to speak in divers kinds of tongues, which is the supernatural ability to speak in an earthly

language by the power of the Spirit of God.

To All Afar Off
However, God invites all of His people to receive the gift of unknown tongues, which is the supernatural ability to speak in an heavenly language

by the power of the Spirit of God.

For this purpose, the apostle to the circumcision said, "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many

as the Lord our God shall call" (Acts 2:38).

The promise of the Father to gift everyone of His children with the ability to speak in an heavenly language (i.e. unknown tongues) by the power

of the Spirit of God was made to the people who lived in the Apostolic Age.

And not only to them but also to their children.

And not only to their children but also to "all that are afar off."

You and I are those "that are afar off" to whom this promise also pertains being that we are now afar off in time from the day the apostle, Peter,

spoke these words almost 2,000 years ago on the day of Pentecost.

It is your inheritance, embrace it.

Trust me brother I don't like to point out the ignorance of fellow Christains but for the sake of the viewers and readers and for the sake of The Word of God I shall do tonight.

Now you quoted Acts 2:38 I asked thee What do Apostle Peter called the Promise? The Gift of the Holy Spirit or The gifts of the Holy Spirit?
Re: Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
You know sometimes ago....I met this Christain sister she speaks in tongue so much you had wonder what a gift she has....but she had four bf.... She still speaks in tongue... she told me about her spiritual life I advice and counsel her....and what do I get? she fell in love with me and ask if I can be his boyfriend...... she still speaks in tongue...... I told her No and what happened? she declared she hates me......she is still speaking in tongue.

You see my brother she speaks shiroboborabomarae after hating and being in malice with a being Christ died for. If praying in tongue is speaking in a language no one understand... if it is the Spirit explaining and supplicating on our behalf to God then she won't be hating one who Christ died for.

She speaks shiroboborabomarae and still hate me.....don't you think by saying shiroboborabomarae she should be restored to Spiritual line according to you?

Satan has deceived many with fake gifts. he can make a counterfeit of the gifts of the Spirit but he cannot make a counterfeit of the Fruits of the Fruits.

Christ speaks of the Fruit and has not in any time speak of the gifts as a prerequisite of you having the Holy Spirit.The Apostles laid emphasis on the gifts.

But in any case my brother what is important is whatever your gifts are use in building the Church of God.

This shouldn't surprise you or make you to forfeit your God given inheritance as you were warned ahead of time that you should be careful of "wolves in sheep's clothing" Matthew 7:15
Re: Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

paul states clearly that if he prays in tongues,his Spirit prays,Praying in tongues is praying the Spirit.

firstly,you took 1cor12 completely out of context.Paul clearly explains ministry Gifts,the operations and diversities of the gifts inline with ministry.
1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Paul clearly states that in a believers gathering,everyone has a psalm,doctrine(i.e instruction),tongue,interpretation,

Mar 16:17 ;-And these signs shall follow them that believe, In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
all believers can speak with tongues

Lemme deal with language..
read line upon line,precept upon precept.read with patience.read inbtwn lines

Acts2:4 and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and began to Speak with other tongues,as the spirit gave them utterance.

The word "other" used in this verse,when i checked the greek,
The word "other" is the greek word "heteros".
"heteros" means "of uncertain affinity;strange"

Also from Isaiah's prophecy
Isaiah28:11- "for with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people"

The word stammering used here in the Hebrew means UNINTELLIGIBLE,
while the word another means strange and different

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe;In my name shall they cast out devils;they shall speak with NEW tongues.
When i checked the word "new"in the Greek. The word is KAINOS
"Kainos" means according to
1)Strong dictionaries
"of Uncertain affinity:new(especially in freshness)"
2)Thayer dictionaries
"fresh,unused,a new kind,unheard of"
3)Wordstudy dictionaries
"Newly made"
Note: NO ACCOUNT ever refer to tongues as some other language belonging to another culture different from the speak! Paul settles this with a well laid out explanation.

1cor14:2:- For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men,but unto God:FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM/b];howbeit in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

Something else to note
Acts2:13:- Other mocking said,
These men are full of new wine..
lets analyse this statement.
Other said those people speaking with tongues are drunk(full of wine)..
Lets do simple analysis.
In which of these scenarios will someone say you are drunk.
1)You are speaking another man's language fluently or
2)You are just speaking gibberish,unconstructed statements,unintelligible words.
Obviously the answer is Option 2. Because wine cannot make you speak another man's language with respect to the Observers comment in this verse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Race Was Adam? And You Say Evolution Is Crap? / Benny Hinn Captured On Wheel Chair After Brief Illness In Germany(photo) / You Can't Lose Your Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.