Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage (34948 Views)

My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Frankly my dear, YOU ARE JOBLESS! kiss
Since when did having a husband become a full-time JOB? undecided
grin

bet you sef you're not nice grin isn't she supposed to keep tab on her husband so he won't stray grin especially since she knows her husband has propensity for wandering dheek grin

before we begin read stories that touch on nl grin

1 Like

Re: My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage by gayeobasan(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2015
An idle hands are the devils tools,you need to really prayerful as well as involve your pastor if your husband attends a church where he's actively involved in church activities.Also,please as a matter of urgency take this matter to God in fasting and prayers for a resolutions.Please involve both parents.
Re: My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage by Swissheart(f): 6:24am On Jul 25, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Generally, people don't give two shits about PAST favours. Only present and future benefits.
. yes u r ryt but even at dat, d future of his marriage is at risk.....so he really needs to b tongue lashed
Re: My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Roland17:
@milychocs

Nne, I sincerely appreciate your school of thought which Infact is an acceptable norm in our society as Africans, I did mention somewhere in my post where I alluded to her magnanimity and kindness being taken for granted especially if she was consulted before the baby elephant intruded, which I doubt she was..

Now let me ask, should the survival and happiness of a young marriage be sacrificed on the altar of brotherhood? One that is an obvious negative influence on your partner? Would you as a woman accept such especially if her story is genuine?

Again I subscribe to your idea but the difference is in established marriages, not early marriages....I would use myself as an example, when I was pursuing my bachelors during my stay in Nigeria, I often visited my uncle who resided in a boundary state during short vacation periods rather than traveling back to Lagos, whenever I was there I ensured I contributed my quota in home chores, babysitting my cousins who were younger at that time, ensuring I respected my aunt who is a very kind hearted wife and above all I made sure my stay was a very short stay.

Based off her story the maturity of her husband is quite questionable, where his priority lies reels shame to the hearts of genuine men out there (single or married), there must have been a recessive atom of waywardness within her husband as his actions transcends mere fantasies.

Many wives in our culture have being silently enslaved in their marriages owing to negative influences from bloodlines, it is not acceptable especially if it is not welcomed.

Hi
Your story is different from the picture i painted
I see how someone who is desperate for marriage can REFUSE to see the obligations their partner has...
Society and its pressures....I get that, I guess lipsrsealed

If I met a man who wanted to marry me
(Mind you I am over ripe for marriage ooo...supposedly)
.....and who I liked....if he had real committments like in the picture I painted (and blood is thicker than water)...and I could not take care of me or us....or could not deal gracefully with him and his siblings while he fulfils his vows...yes, vows with them... I would not marry him
It is actually contradictory to love....loving a person and hating their relatives...it is soo not love...I dunno what it is, I just know what it is not

I will not be the destiny killer who would have the futures of many siblings wrecked because I have a need to ?cleave
Nothing is cast in stone
...and there will be other guys
Even if not, I would not steal peoples' futures cos of a ring
It is immoral...to do so
Cheers
Re: My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage by joyraincatering(f): 2:02am On Jan 16, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]put your husband in prayer. He will back to his sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse? / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Grandparents Who Are To Wed In Plateau State / My Wife Complains When I Touch Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.