Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,644 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil (29574 Views)

NIMASA Takes Over 20 Vessels From Tompolo’s Firm / How Anambra Was Stopped From Benefitting From Its Crude Oil / Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by LocalChamp: 11:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKJUL 19, 2015

A memo that originated from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari had directed the country’s oil corporation to bar 113 vessels from lifting Nigeria crude oil from 27 designated terminals.

The memo, which was signed by the NNPC’s group managing director, G.O Komolafe, directed affected terminals to prevent the vessels from lifting crude oil within Nigeria’s territorial waters until further notice.

The memo listed 27 terminals from which the vessels are prohibited to lift Nigerian crude. The terminals are Forcados, Bonny, Bonga, Sea Eagle, Qua lboe, Erha, Yoho, Usan, Bonny River Terminal, Escravos, Agbami, Pennington, Escravos LPG FSO, Escravos Gas Terminal, Antan, Okwori, Odudu, Akpo, Brass, Abo, Okono, Oyo, lma, Okoro, Ukpokiti, Tulja, and Ebok.

A source at the Presidency told SaharaReporters that the blacklisted vessels (see full list below) were implicated in a pattern of fraud that resulted in the shortchanging of Nigerians. “Many of the vessels had documents in Chinese, Russian or French names, and used these different languages to hide their illicit lifting of Nigerian crude,” said the source. He added that numerous officials of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, the NNPC as well as the Ministry of Petroleum were involved in facilitating the illegal lifting of Nigerian crude.

Mr. Komolafe’s memo also announced that the blacklisted vessels would be prohibited from operating within Nigeria’s territorial waters.

Sahara reporters learnt that the vessels were mostly linked with oil bunkering and sophisticated theft of crude from numerous NNPC loading facilities.

Last week, President Buhari sacked Patrick Ziakede Akpobolokemi, the director-general of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), for undisclosed reasons. However, an investigation by SaharaReporters revealed that Mr. Akpobolokemi was linked to billionaire Niger Delta militant, Government Ekpemupolo (aka Tompolo).

We could not establish whether the banning of the 113 vessels was connected to the firing of Mr. Akpobolokemi.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/19/nigeria-bars-113-vessels-lifting-its-crude-oil

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Danjuma827(m): 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
This is a nice move nyc my president. At least it will help curb all these stealings that have cropped into the economy of my one and only country

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2015
sahara again? I give up believing this ****

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
brooklyn49:
sahara again?
I give up believing this ****
Seconded...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by merry02(m): 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
Sharareporter has lost focus since 1960!I don't believe any news from shara reporters anymore!another reporter pls

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by jeffizy(m): 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
The war on oil thieves has officially started.
The Nigerian government continues to show dogged determination to curb illicit oil racketeers that have cornered our common wealth.

Ride on PMB.
History will remember you for good.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by 8gigabytes(m): 12:04am On Jul 20, 2015
Gud development by mr president.may ur day b long.but pls make ur journey shap shap and dnt 4get 2 hail president osama 4 mi

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 20, 2015
Freemanan:
Seconded...
baba, anytime I c their name fear dey catch me o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 20, 2015
brooklyn49:

baba, anytime I c their name fear dey catch me o
Lol... Same here
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:21am On Jul 20, 2015
Except for settling dues & maritime fees,cos before any Vessel can load in any of Terminals the anticipated vessels marine name/capacity would have been faxed to the OC terminal/ the Host Company/Napims/DPR. So tell me how you can load any vessel Illegally from any terminal its , But from other sources its possible. Some Jan.ja weeds will flood this thread with thrash like Baba is working.
Mteeew

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by sammyj: 12:29am On Jul 20, 2015
Good . Change has come no more chance for stealing and corruption again according the clueless one. Waiting for the wailing wailers to come and say their trash in support of corrupt swine business men !!! undecided

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by tmanis(m): 3:16am On Jul 20, 2015
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by azzima(m): 4:01am On Jul 20, 2015
I am realllyyyyyyy loving this NEW Nigeria.....no more business as usual.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by ofala(m): 4:08am On Jul 20, 2015
A brand NEW Nigeria is here..... We will support you till the end, our dear President Buhari..

'Time up for the thieves'

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by modath(f): 4:09am On Jul 20, 2015
The owners of these vessels are likely senior wailing goats( with decoy foreign fronts) who never thought a day like this will dawn...

God will bless & assist PMB on the 9ja rescue mission, only God knows where we'll be if "their hero" hadn't been booted out of office.

Anyone that alleges persecution when the hammer drops on their "blodas" will have their lives managed & left the same way PDP did for and after 16 yrs of sky high crude oil prices .. undecided

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Beanscake: 5:07am On Jul 20, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Except for settling dues & maritime fees,cos before any Vessel can load in any of Terminals the anticipated vessels marine name/capacity would have been faxed to the OC terminal/ the Host Company/Napims/DPR. So tell me how you can load any vessel Illegally from any terminal its , But from other sources its possible. Some Jan.ja weeds will flood this thread with thrash like Baba is working.
Mteeew

Eroded brain.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 20, 2015
Sai Buhari grin

1.At least traffic would reduce on the waterways.

2. Next is to block all PDP branded cars and officials from federal roads. PDP is a useless opposition party.

3. President M. Buhari: cleansing and purifying the waterways of evil, corruption and abuse since July 2015AD.

4. Click like if you think that the President should probe and prosecute those vessels and their owners both home and abroad.

cc: lalasticlala

117 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:30am On Jul 20, 2015
Beans Brain we talking about. must you comment? you have no knowledge of what is talked about. Shioor [s]
Beanscake:

Eroded brain.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Doskit(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2015
Kk
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Bonapart(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2015
Hoe-kay
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by tucky200(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2015
Good !..
Enough of illegal activities in this country !
ahsekeena:
Doesn't affect common man. So I don't curr
all this small small pikin. Sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by januzaj(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2015
nice one
ERODEDEAST:
Mteeew
*in asa's voice* Mr wailer
Mr wailer

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by omenka(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2015
Buhari systematically cleansing the system of the accumulated rot of 16 years. It is gonna be a hard battle but I believe the president will succeed in the end.

Here's a man, a President, taking proactive steps to curb wanton stealing of our common patrimony instead of lifting his hands up resignation, blaming refineries abroad for oil theft like someone did in an interview with Amanpour. smiley

May God bless and strengthen you Mr President (GCFR).

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2015
Doesn't affect common man. So I don't curr
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by BUSHHUNTER: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2015
More of this to come
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by peoritio: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Here we go, are we suppose to build a fence and keep the thief out when we can catch and beat the thief.
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by pat077: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by RealEstate35: 10:47am On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 20, 2015
Buhari.May God bless you.
we are Seeing God work through you.May you not choose ministers that will Bring down your good intentions ??

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). / 'we Are Sorry, Our Elders Misled Us,' Ndi'gbo Youths Beg President Buhari / "Support For President Buhari In The North Is Now Religious" - Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.