Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) (34571 Views)

Paris Jackson, Crowned 'worst Dressed' At MTV Movie & TV Awards (photos) / Don Jazzy Responds To D’banj’s Dedication Of His MAMA Award To Him / D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by damiloladuke: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
they don't award illetrate

READ MY HILARIOUS PERSONAL DIARY ON MY SIGNATURE
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by babadem2much(m): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
As far as am concern TIMAYA is one of d best Dance hall king, check out, from his very first album to this latest Ephiphany. Amayanabo, Gbagam, Ekolomademba, Ukwu etc. Habah! He deserve an award even if na small one abeg. I feel n share in ur pain jare, U go make am next year my main man Timaya listening to ur song i will never bow down
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nneka123:
Anuohia.

Why are you so vexed? What did he do to you? grin
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by olawoyintolani: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2015

Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by justmenoni: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
God bless u,was telling mywife yesterday dat I think the reason why any Nigerian might not win d grammy or major awards in the coming year's is their wack lyrics...haba why would flavor copy someone's music and just change the lyrics,I was listening to Sean tizzle aber and d lyric is just stupid...wats ashimapeyin from Wände coal? Is pasuma expecting to win an award with oruka? What's shakiti Bobo or wafeku laleyi.. Infact if one was to check lyrics of naija music these days u go know sey na just beat we dey dance to...although I like the jamb question music from Simi but the question is does it actually makes any sense....and less I forget if ur listening ti naija music these days u will understand that the auto tune is just too much and this is not only for the hip hop ooo chk the Muslim gospel singer's now and u had be surprised...

floragregs:
Every Nigerian who got the award that night deserved it. I no see any partiality for there o. Timaya wey no get lyrics! Na beats dey save am. He should enter bush. He wasn't nominated because his beats for the past 2yrs sound the same. So wetin be the politics inside? Mtsheew
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Temysteve(m): 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
I think it's true coz am still looking 4 d criteria DAVIDO use to win the best male coz he does'nt worth it @ll. Within d range of last year june to this present moment, he releases only 2 videos wich is OWONIKOKO and THE SOUND wich we all knw dat it's d sound ft by uhuru only make hit compare to WIZKID dat has more dan 5 videos, SARKODIE also more dan 5 videos, AKA nd DIAMOND wich ar all nominated 4 d best male, davido was nt nominated 4 d BET award so i dnt y he's even on d MAMA nominees best male list but all d same i think wizkid worth d best male coz he's contribution to african music within d last 12 month is more superior to dat of davido, evry1 knows wizzy was robbed in d award but i believe wen d tym comes dey will av no choice dan to give it to d right person. Timaya is right, Everything is all about politics..

1 Like

Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Temysteve(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
vosquare:
Politics might me in mama awards ooo but e no reach headies own
it involve politics nt dat politics might be their DAVIDO don't deserve any award
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Bonapart(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
theshield:

what is the difference between phyno and sir warrior(oriental brothers)? Only the hair style but same highlife igbo music.
you funny oo...
If you remove Olamide and phyno in Nigeria music today, the rest are noise makers save MI
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
floragregs:
Every Nigerian who got the award that night deserved it. I no see any partiality for there o. Timaya wey no get lyrics! Na beats dey save am. He should enter bush. He wasn't nominated because his beats for the past 2yrs sound the same. So wetin be the politics inside? Mtsheew

GBAM!!! firsted seconded n thirded. Everyone who got an award on that night deserved it. Timaya is just being a bitter loser. Someone bring this man a seat abeg.

1 Like

Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
davido deserved the award, he has been busy this year with hit upon hits, timaya doesn't deserve to be nominated talkless of winning.
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by ugoezeik(m): 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
shey money de involve for d award?
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by floragregs(f): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
justmenoni:
God bless u,was telling mywife yesterday dat I think the reason why any Nigerian might not win d grammy or major awards in the coming year's is their wack lyrics...haba why would flavor copy someone's music and just change the lyrics,I was listening to Sean tizzle aber and d lyric is just stupid...wats ashimapeyin from Wände coal? Is pasuma expecting to win an award with oruka? What's shakiti Bobo or wafeku laleyi.. Infact if one was to check lyrics of naija music these days u go know sey na just beat we dey dance to...although I like the jamb question music from Simi but the question is does it actually makes any sense....and less I forget if ur listening ti naija music these days u will understand that the auto tune is just too much and this is not only for the hip hop ooo chk the Muslim gospel singer's now and u had be surprised...

that's why I only have Asa and Timi Dakolo on my playlist. I no fit listen to song wey no get lyrics.

2 Likes

Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bonapart:
you funny oo...
If you remove Olamide and phyno in Nigeria music today, the rest are noise makers save MI
One love my brother. I hope one day a Nigeria will be nominated for Grammy from Nigerian soil.

I don't know why Nigerian musicians can't sing in English without Yoruba or Igbo yet they call themselves international musicians.
THERE IS NO BENEFIT FEATURING SNOOP DOG AND SINGING IN YORUBA LANGUAGE.
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Baamshaljames: 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mehn dia was no politics dis year.......or wich winner do u tink did not deserve to win
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Baamshaljames: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
But how can u say phyno nd olamide re d only artist in nigeria.... Based on what
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Menace2Society(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bonapart:
you funny oo...
Stop hyping this guys!they are average at best undecided
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by justmenoni: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
No mind me as if na only beat we go chop but not their faults u know: dey figured out naija peeps are only crazy about beat at least if u don high na to dey dance only lol

floragregs:
that's why I only have Asa and Timi Dakolo on my playlist. I no fit listen to song wey no get lyrics.

1 Like

Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Baamshaljames: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
Pls those of u sayin davido does not deserve dat award......wich artist in africa was beta dan him
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by justmenoni: 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
Lol there was a song I saw yesterday on hiptv, it was psquare featuring one oyinbo man...pls find the song and I am sure u had rate dat man 99 out of 100 and p square.0.9 out of 100..I think it was last year when one of my friends was telling psquare are just too good lol imagine dat

quote author=theshield post=36080193]
One love my brother. I hope one day a Nigeria will be nominated for Grammy from Nigerian soil.

I don't know why Nigerian musicians can't sing in English without Yoruba or Igbo yet they call themselves international musicians.
THERE IS NO BENEFIT FEATURING SNOOP DOG AND SINGING IN YORUBA LANGUAGE. [/quote]
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by bababuff(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
dubylhover:
mehn..i love his beard grin

Inspiration from Asari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Baamshaljames: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
Yess ooh wiz kid fans show yourselves...... Its not hiu has d most number of videos....its hu has d most number of hits nd futures nd shows nd votes..... While wizkid was chillin wit brezzy in LA davido was working
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Baamshaljames: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
Yess ooh wiz kid fans show yourselves...... Its not hiu has d most number of videos....its hu has d most number of hits nd futures nd shows nd votes..... While wizkid was chillin wit brezzy in LA davido was working nd bet is not mama's
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by AJORE(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=KinkyAngela post=36077579]What is Timaya ? Timaya is a type of birds that use to sing in the forest....
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by adakoleagbenu: 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Iamsynord:
Timaya you are not serious.You think say na departmental award ??

Woll woll up Bro Gerrahere mehn Shii
departmental award...you wicked sha
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Bonapart(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Menace2Society:
Stop hyping this guys!they are average at best undecided
they are best in what dey do. ...
You know a true singer or rappa through 'freestyle'
Go and listen 2kings (olamide +phyno)
They will even forget about chorus
What they do is hit it, kick it down to the grave

Give it up for dem dude

Lolo lolo local rappas
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by MakCoby(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
kingarizona1:
I feel your pain bro, I'm Fan but better luck next time

Meanwhile ____ I'm sure someone is vexed with my position, the only lady that lives in Nairaland face me I face you
LMAO face me I face u on nairaland kwa!! Who could that possibly be? grin grin
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Bonapart(m): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
theshield:

THERE IS NO BENEFIT FEATURING SNOOP DOG AND SINGING IN YORUBA LANGUAGE.
the last one got me cracking...
Look brother, i don't care wat dey sing with

Olamide and phyno give what we deserve

Lolo lolo local rappas
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by repogirl(f): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
True talk, I thought bout it also, Timaya shoulda been given a nomination at least.
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Sunnypa11(m): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Sanko na music ?
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Akinwunmy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
He wrote that coz of burna boy not coz he feels he deserves an award .. The op dnt munch the whole write up kmt
Re: Timaya Throws Shades At MTV Base (mama Award) by Bodmas06: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
I think politics is everywhere, if there can be politics in Fifa, to choose ballon dor is politics so is everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toolz Shades Senator Dino Melaye / Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype / Yomi Casual, His Wife, Grace And Their Son Step Out In Atlanta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.