Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV (44773 Views)

"The First 5 Things Recruiters Check In Your Application" - Vineck.com / 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV / PART 2: Important Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Gnen: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, procedures are for the poor and unconnected and timid folks. With this oil in my region, I'll NEVER be poor. Whenever alarm blow small, I don enter villa.....

Nigeria isn't a nation; it's a business. Get as much as you can before the cookies finally crumble....hahaha.

Simple.
when the cookies finally crumbles where will u be? You crumble with it.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by maryhaam(f): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2015
Fit2Rule:

Lol. I'm no longer in school na.
let's do masters,have not done mine,we will be classmate in the process.

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Janyves(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2015
...I'll advice you job seekers to keep your cv's short and simple....
If you look @ the cv's of the most paid peeps in Nigeria, you'll find out that yours is more organized than theirs. Put more effort into your skills and network web... What ever will be will be!
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by maryhaam(f): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2015
NifemiOlu:

Word! Gbam.
Cc: maryhaam
Ayaff copy that#sha send it first.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 20, 2015
Funny thing is, sometimes recruiters invite you for interview just for the fun of it. I once did it. God forgive me. As I was going through some résumés, a particular one got my attention. I suggested to my boss that we should send emails, requesting all applicants to send a scanned copy of a handwritten application for the position the earlier applied for. She agreed. The applications came. My suspicions were confirmed. The salutation to this particular application was "calvary greetings". By and large, I invited the dude for interview without intimating my boss. Saying it was comic would be an understatement. By the time the dude was through, we were all almost exploding with laughter. We had to pause the process for about 5 mins while we all laughed it out. He got his regret mail before the end of the interview.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by wilhazcar: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2015
All these "copy and paste" ideas from foreign countries sef. OP should have put a line stating this is applicable abroad. Anyone who follows the 21-rules in naija is short changing himself or herself. There is never a one-size-fits-all approach to these issues.

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2015
maryhaam:
let's do masters,have not done mine,we will be classmate in the process.
Hahahahha. How do you know we'd be in same class? Suppose we are oriented towards different disciplines? Would you tow my path? Or I'll be the one to tow yours?
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Tunagee(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2015
Coldplayz2:

Source: http://www.quickjobng.com/2015/04/checkout-these-20-things-recruiters-do-not-want-to-see-on-your-cv

Dey there dey deceive youself. People have become GMs and CEOs of multinational firms with poorly preaented CVs. you dey here dey speak grammar.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by maryhaam(f): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2015
Fit2Rule:

Hahahahha. How do you know we'd be in same class? Suppose we are oriented towards different disciplines? Would you tow my path? Or I'll be the one to tow yours?
hmmmm we will meet.....dont worry sure u will like my course.*winks*what do. U think
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 20, 2015
maryhaam:
hmmmm we will meet.....dont worry sure u will like my course.*winks*what do. U think
I think it could be a good idea as long as it's not zoology.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by maryhaam(f): 10:53am On Jul 20, 2015
Fit2Rule:

I think it could be a good idea as long as it's not zoology.
yippy it's psychology thou *dont run o*
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Justicealh3(m): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2015
Which one they want? Cox all the list above is on mine.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by datjohn(m): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2015
OP Infact, dey dont even wanto see ur CV in short. grin

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by hardbody: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2015
NifemiOlu:
Lol..."they don't want to see..." lol.
Some of these "they don't want to see" got me a job 2 weeks ago. Being able to 'talk' about your CV is the most important. I won't say more than that.
Since "they don't want to see", package blank white sheets. They should love to see that. My CV is 5 pages and counting...my HoD has a 27-page CV.

I was gonna say the same thing. I sent my CV to a headhunter who identified me on Linkedin. She pointed out that the prose in my CV was scanty. I re-wrote and added some of the 20 things here noted to be avoided. I went through a total of 14 top range individuals on interview phases. Most if not all said my CV was comprehensive. I only lost out when i met the Group Chairman and it became obvious we could not work together. Anyways.....

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by damiloladuke: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2015
good info

READ MY HILARIOUS PERSONAL DIARY ON MY SIGNATURE
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 20, 2015
maryhaam:
yippy it's psychology thou *dont run o*
Hahahahha... There's no running. I once did a course on educational psychology during my post graduate studies, and another one on adolescence psychology when I went for a course on Child protection awareness. I guess I'll fit in to your field. So it's a deal.
BTW, Eid Mubarak.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by defemidefemi(m): 11:02am On Jul 20, 2015
Temidayo9:
When it is time for you to get that Job, God will bypass all the protocol...... infact cv will not be checked
I so much bliv in this.

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by UncleJudax(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2015
Temidayo9:
When it is time for you to get that Job, God will bypass all the protocol...... infact cv will not be checked
Nigerians and shortcuts. Na so una wan drag our Lord inside this matter?

We are the most religious, yet, very corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by maryhaam(f): 11:09am On Jul 20, 2015
Fit2Rule:

Hahahahha... There's no running. I once did a course on educational psychology during my post graduate studies, and another one on adolescence psychology when I went for a course on Child protection awareness. I guess I'll fit in to your field. So it's a deal.
BTW, Eid Mubarak.
yea thanks,cool then we r on the same page,thou we re doing clinical.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by hayokunleoni(m): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2015
These are all lies. What is even ur qualifications, experience and expertise to list these as donts/ deal breakers. SMH, so many hungry recruitment companies nowadays listing what they like. Young graduates, don't listen of follow recommendations from all these mediocre looking for rent monies.

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Rexnegro(m): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2015
Temidayo9:
#Gbam...and At the end na Godwin and not CV arrangements

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 20, 2015
maryhaam:
yea thanks,cool then we r on the same page,thou we re doing clinical.
No problems. Clinical, Theatrical, biological or engineering psychology, I'm game. I guess we should discuss this further?
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Tunagee(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2015
Coldplayz2:

Source: http://www.quickjobng.com/2015/04/checkout-these-20-things-recruiters-do-not-want-to-see-on-your-cv

leave story! recruiter never see hot toto!him no go see road again not to talk of poorly presented CV.when pucci go do blind him eye. him never jam bad girls.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by dickoflife(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2015
kunledegreat:
Learn to speak & write : German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Chinese, English and Nigerian languages i.e, Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo. 
+ Preparation class for TOEFL, IELTS, DELF, DALF & Zert Deutsch. 
+ German re-union visa preparatory class. 
+ Apply for undergraduates / ‎masters study in Germany. 

Address:        B - Close, 1st Avenue, Gwarinpa. 
Mr Kolade.   : 08035949272
please do u have any Russian speakers? Contact me asap...
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by adedayourt(m): 11:56am On Jul 20, 2015
marshalcarter:
So what and what do they want to see niiundecided

When everything listed here as forbiden form an integra part of a cv

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by okoocheche(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Onyemadonald:
Self employed is the best, anytime anyday
my guy i'm with u
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by obi123: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
It actually depends on the country you are applying in , in the UK if you are not at the peak of your career and you dare submit a CV more than 2 pages , you will find your CV in the recycling bin

Very few people have a no limit on the no of pages on their CV ,mostly top professionals, academics and leaders of industries these people are usually headhunted and really dont need a CV per se (although they might need one for their records ) .

writing concisely is a very good skill, and the recruiter wants to see that you can do this on your CV, this is a good skill especially if the role involves report writing . 2 pages is more than ideal in most cases, you have linkedIn to write your life story , even that has a word limit.

summarise what is important and leave out the unneccesary fluff that could actually put you in trouble if you cannot defend whats on your CV.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by temmyjohnson(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
Temidayo9:
that's what God can easily do
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by samafooo: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
a time will come that they will not want to see anything again. it is only God, a guy with 7 pages of CV got a job last month

1 Like

Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
Number 10 especially does not apply to nigerians. Recruiters often want to know your religion and tribe. Some will ask what your parents and siblings do for a living. Not good at all.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by Spidermon: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
F**k this. I repeat. F**k it.
Re: Checkout 20 Things Recruiters Do Not Want To See On Your CV by christabell18(f): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
this means dey don't wanna c anyfin abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pre Employment Medical Test / BECO Logistic / Nigerian AirForce 2016 Recruitment Interview Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.