Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers (11360 Views)

5 Hot Niches Nigerian Bloggers Underrate -Techinfo / The Truths About Blogging: My 2 Cents To Wannabe Nigerian Bloggers / The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by FincoApps(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
I think he's trying to say they are scarce. So it's going to be hard to mention
thecreativeguy:

Let me see if you actually mean it.

Can you mention creative Nigerian blogs you know (I will prefer five)?
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by redcliff: 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
miqos02:
are u different? see COMPISER

There is a difference between typographical error and grammatical error. thabk me later!

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by FincoApps(m): 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
I think the only real problem is the Payment method

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Rapunzel001: 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mrkelv:
Lol. A large percentage of these "Bloggers" Don't even know what blogging is all about. Most of them see it as only a money making avenue.

Some can't even write one full sentence without making grammatical blunders. That's why they RESULT to copy and paste.

Blogging in Nigeria is becoming a BIG JOKE!. Lack of creativity is killing us. Entertainment blogs everywhere

Erm... abeg it's RESORT oh... not RESULT ... eh kettle wey dey call pot black. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by FincoApps(m): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
haha cheesy grin cheesy grin
Rapunzel001:

Erm... abeg it's RESORT oh... not RESULT ... eh kettle wey dey call pot black. SMH
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
The blogger i respect is browngarri his stories are just too superb.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by DanWrites(m): 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2015

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by afrokid(m): 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
redcliff:
The only challenge facing nigerian bloggers is that they lack creativity and they fail to understand that blogging is not fir every tom dick and harry. you would see someone making very silly writing mistakes and grammatical errors and call themselves bloggers. A very good example is the compiser of this post. Imagine. Some graduate rather than some graduates...smh

Even you...
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Amaechi5(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rubyventures:
A fellow Nigerian youtuber Please view, like and subscribe, it doesn't cost anything apart from 5 mins of your time. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuP6lnZfQYA&sns=em
What of my data bundle, that's the issue with Nigerians. Can't waste my bundle on something meaningless to me.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by redcliff: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
afrokid:

Even you...

Im not a furcking blogger besides there is a difference between typographical error and grammatical error. Thabk me later!
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ehimenboy:

I've been thinking of this too. Later on, my pace slowed because some have alloted the problem of alternative energy in Nigeria to lack of MASS funding.
Really, what else do you think 'bout it?

I think its a good idea.
Don't let it die. Competition is the only way to bring out the best in humans. If a competition of the sort gets implemented you'd get surprised at how fast the government buys the original idea and maybe improve on it.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by afrokid(m): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
redcliff:

Im not a furcking blogger besides there is a difference between typographical error and grammatical error. Thabk me later!

Did you just do that? grin
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by redcliff: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
afrokid:

Did you just do that? grin

Im creative like that..

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by PrinceRondo: 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
How will I make money with my blog, i just started few month ago
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by afrokid(m): 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
redcliff:

Im creative like that..

You rock!

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by RealEstate35: 5:33am On Jul 21, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by osklaroz(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2015
redcliff:
The only challenge facing nigerian bloggers is that they lack creativity and they fail to understand that blogging is not fir every tom dick and harry. you would see someone making very silly writing mistakes and grammatical errors and call themselves bloggers. A very good example is the compiser of this post. Imagine. Some graduate rather than some graduates...smh
yea,dont mind them...they dont know its not 4 everyone..its only 4 people like you who know how to "compise" a post.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by TheSureBabe: 8:59am On Jul 21, 2015
I lipsrsealed
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Rubyventures: 9:12am On Jul 21, 2015
Amaechi5:
What of my data bundle, that's the issue with Nigerians. Can't waste my bundle on something meaningless to me.

Then we should stop complaining and be prepared to remain behind as a nation. I have no interest in gaming but I subscribe to loads of Nigeria youtubers . My way of supporting.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Amaechi5(m): 9:23am On Jul 21, 2015
Rubyventures:

Then we should stop complaining and be prepared to remain behind as a nation. I have no interest in gaming but I subscribe to loads of Nigeria youtubers . My way of supporting.
you can go and tell that to our network providers cause how do you expect me to buy etisalat data bundle of N1000 for 1gig and waste it on youtubes. I dey mad
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by mitchyy(f): 10:36am On Jul 21, 2015
These challenges can be tackled if you mean business. Poor electricity? Get a generator set that consumes less fuel.
Poor internet, get a better internet provider. I subscribe monthly for swift so I can have rest of mind. I don't bother myself with mtn, glo and the likes.
People thinking you're into internet scam, just ignore them and redirect that time and energy towards building your brand.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by redcliff: 11:11am On Jul 21, 2015
osklaroz:
yea,dont mind them...they dont know its not 4 everyone..its only 4 people like you who know how to "compise" a post.

You are very silly to think i am a blogger or blogger wanna be. There is a difference between tyographical error on a forum comment and grammatical error on a blog article. thabk me later!

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by kingsamm(m): 1:45am On Jul 22, 2015
I know I'm new in the blogosphere but from the few months I have been blogging. this is what I noticed

The major things many Nigeria bloggers lack are Creativity, Patience, Love for blogging.

Creativity - You say you have a blog and you can't write your own posts, always waking up in the morning looking for where to Copy and paste.

You need to have your own unique style. One thing about Nigerians is we like doing things a certain way so when we find a blog that has all we need we tend to stick with it, visiting it every morning to see if there are new posts.

To make them come to your blog instead of the blogs they love so much, you need to prove to them that you can offer something the other blogs can't offer "Uniqueness". If you copy and paste other people's posts they believe your blog is inferior and would never come back!

This happened to me, There was this blog I used to visit, I really loved the blog, the design was cool and the posts were supercool. I made it compulsory to visit the blog every morning when I wake up, but this all changed the moment I realized the posts I thought were supercool were actually copied and pasted. I don't think I visited the blog again after that

Patience - I see guys create a blog today and apply for adsense the next day and I ask them "If you were adsense, would you approve the application".. Who would want to place ads on a blog that has close to zero visitors.

I think the first six months of your blog, you should concentrate on improving your blog, doing SEO, Building a steady fan base so that when you finally decide to monetize it, it will be close to impossible to have your application rejected.

Love for Blogging - This is the most important attribute every blogger must have. If you don't have love for what you do, you won't strive to make it better. A lot of people have blogs for the sole purpose of making money. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you shouldn't make money with your blog but make improving your blog your priority and let the money be the reward for your hard work.
After all Love for blogging is the only thing that will keep you from packing up when you start to have low CPMs and lower visitors, but if you blogging only for the money, the moment things start to go south you immediately pack up your laptop and look for the next money making source.

If you lack all these attributes, I think it's better you just stick to being the post reader of the post writer!

#Samm has spoken!

Visit my blog [url]Www.naijatechs.com[/url]
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by kingsamm(m): 1:50am On Jul 22, 2015
PrinceRondo:
How will I make money with my blog, i just started few month ago

I'm sorry to say this but this is one of the reasons why a lot of bloggers fail!

You just started a few months ago, and you want to start making money with it?

The first six months of your blog, you should concentrate more on improving your blog, doing SEO etc.. Instead of thinking about making money!

Samm has spoken!
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Ehimenboy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
charix:

I think its a good idea.
Don't let it die. Competition is the only way to bring out the best in humans. If a competition of the sort gets implemented you'd get surprised at how fast the government buys the original idea and maybe improve on it.
Thanks á million. To be very candid, Mr. Charix, you're much on point! Competition really brings out the best...! Thanks once ágain.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by raypex(m): 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Na wao oh see as you guys are attaking him. H e said the obvious truth we go through every day. Some of you are even looking for the smallest mistake to judge him. Grammer ke?
He has passed his information jarrey, and that is what blogging is about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Create A Blogger Blog And Rank It On Google Search Engine / How Do I Add Pictures On Nairaland Posts?! / Wordpress Or Blogger; Which One Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.