Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. (1203 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Marry An Igbo Lady / Ever Seen An Igbo Begging For Alms?(photo) / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by OnyeEgo1(m): 9:51am On Jul 20, 2015
If u notice from my monika u will notice I am from the east.... I followed this biafra story from childhood, and I hope to give an unbiased view about this whole biafra stuff....

I remembered vividly reading old documents concerning biafra, how it all began starting from the coup hosted by the revolutionaries army to stabilize nigeria and get rid of corrupt officers...

Consequently the operation was carried out successfully in some part of Nigeria, but it wasn't successful in some part expecially Lagos...

Now this brought about misunderstanding btw igbo officers and there counterpart the northern officers, where the later was accusing the former of double standard...

That brought about the massacre of igbo in the north, and d massacre of northerns in the east as a corresponding reaction....

My Observations:
1:- the first coup wasn't targeted to a particular region alone, dia was technical error, and u will agree with me that shit happens, mistakes occur n is no respecter of any man...

2:- Nigeria would have been better, if the coup had been carried out successfully.....

3:- The Igbo nation are not an aggressive nation, many times they are not ready for fight, they are the "do ur own lemme do my own" kind of people.....

4:- With all due respect Ojukwu was not sincere, he knows he is not ready for a fight with Nigeria in all ramifications be it technically, in logistics and in well trained military personnels, inshort that war was suicidal, but for the fact dat d den biafra could capture some part of Nigeria, shows just one thing, they are BRAVE....

5:- Yorubas are never anyone enemy, they flow with the tide, if anybody win dey will join in celebrating with that person, dey love to stay in the middle, dey are too much an OPPORTUNIST people....

6:- Weather we like it or not, Nigeria is here to stay, cos if we were to split that civil war is one big factor to hinge it upon.... For the record, d north wanted to split b4 den but because they saw that they where disadvantaged at that time compared to the rest of NIGERIA...

7:- That war was a war of GREED, MISUNDERSTANDING and MISTRUST, which cost lives, do u wanna continue in that direction??

*i can't believe I typed this much, I did it out of frustration seeing people come to the forum to constitute nuisance in d name of BIAFRA, pls stop!*

For clearer Understanding read:-
" Why we struck" by col ademoyega the last surviving revolutionary army

God! ... There IS STILL a COUNTRY!...

2 Likes

Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2015
While most, if not all of the points u made are correct, I'd like to say that things are more complicated now! The civil was created a certain prejudice between the ethnicities in Nigeria.

However I do not think cessation is the answer. Cos even in Igbo land there is still prejudice amongst Igbos. Who's from Mbaise, how Ngwas are bad and all that.

In all I feel true federalism and resource control could help Nigeria a little but still won't solve all the problems, but would be better!
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2015
OnyeEgo1:
If u notice from my monika u will notice I am from the east.... I followed this biafra story from childhood, and I hope to give an unbiased view about this whole biafra stuff....

I remembered vividly reading old documents concerning biafra, how it all began starting from the coup hosted by the revolutionaries army to stabilize nigeria and get rid of corrupt officers...

Consequently the operation was carried out successfully in some part of Nigeria, but it wasn't successful in some part expecially Lagos...

Now this brought about misunderstanding btw igbo officers and there counterpart the northern officers, where the later was accusing the former of double standard...

That brought about the massacre of igbo in the north, and d massacre of northerns in the east as a corresponding reaction....

My Observations:
1:- the first coup wasn't targeted to a particular region alone, dia was technical error, and u will agree with me that shit happens, mistakes occur n is no respecter of any man...

2:- Nigeria would have been better, if the coup had been carried out successfully.....

3:- The Igbo nation are not an aggressive nation, many times they are not ready for fight, they are the "do ur own lemme do my own" kind of people.....

4:- With all due respect Ojukwu was not sincere, he knows he is not ready for a fight with Nigeria in all ramifications be it technically, in logistics and in well trained military personnels, inshort that war was suicidal, but for the fact dat d den biafra could capture some part of Nigeria, shows just one thing, they are BRAVE....

5:- Yorubas are never anyone enemy, they flow with the tide, if anybody win dey will join in celebrating with that person, dey love to stay in the middle, dey are too much an OPPORTUNIST people....

6:- Weather we like it or not, Nigeria is here to stay, cos if we were to split that civil war is one big factor to hinge it upon.... For the record, d north wanted to split b4 den but because they saw that they where disadvantaged at that time compared to the rest of NIGERIA...

7:- That war was a war of GREED, MISUNDERSTANDING and MISTRUST, which cost lives, do u wanna continue in that direction??

*i can't believe I typed this much, I did it out of frustration seeing people come to the forum to constitute nuisance in d name of BIAFRA, pls stop!*

For clearer Understanding read:-
" Why we struck" by col ademoyega the last surviving revolutionary army

God! ... There IS STILL a COUNTRY!...

Biafra is not born out of politics,

Kano Riot of 1956 Igbos target.

Kano Riot of 1958 Igbos targeted.

Maitatisine of the 1984.

Sharia Riot in North targeted.

Miss World Riot in North Igbos targeted.

US invasion of Iraq in North Igbos targeted.

US invasion of Afghanistan in North Igbos were killed.

Israel fight against Hamas, Igbos were killed.

muhammed Cartoon Riot Igbos were killed.

Election violence Igbos were killed.

Reinhard Bonke Crusade Riot igbos were killed.

Eclipse of the Moon Igbos were targeted.

Igbos kids will score higher to gain admission in Nigeria but others will score low.

Igbos will die in Lagoon if they vote their choice in Lagos but others will walk free.

tell me op what you gained from nigeria?

if your family member killed because of election #2011 will you say those words?
have you ever been a victim?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by dayojags10(m): 10:04am On Jul 20, 2015
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by jaytee01(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2015
Tell them oooo
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Juxtified(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2015
They'll soon start raining insults on you. But the intelligent ones among dem will try to attack the issues you have raised, others will just prefer to attack you.
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by funmijoyb(f): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2015
Chappie:

Maitatisine of the 1984.

Tell me what we have in common with uncircumcized philistine.

Igbos kids will score higher to gain admission in Nigeria but others will score low.

Igbos will die in Lagoon if they vote their choice in Lagos but others will walk free.

if your family member killed because of election #2011 will you say those words?

Wot do u mean by this.
U mean it happens to you alone. Are igbos discriminated in the SE universities? Cuz here is not so in d SW.
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
funmijoyb:

Wot do u mean by this.
U mean it happens to you alone. Are igbos discriminated in the SE universities? Cuz here is not so in d SW.

igbos are not discriminated in the SE..

i mean north university.

2 Likes

Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by tpiadotcom: 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Chappie:

i mean north university.

so are you saying northern universities should give igbos priority over their own people?

where is that done?
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
Chappie:

i mean north university.

I think you are getting it all wrong wen it comes to university admissions.... There is this thing called quota system for federal universities.....

If as an eastern u seek for admission in an eastern fed sku e.g. UNN it will b a bit harder compared to when u seek it at a nothern sku e.g. Unimaid...

The purpose for the quota system is same as that for the NYSC n is only done at fed sku n not at state sku....

Tpiadotcom take note
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
Where is lalasticlala
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by funmijoyb(f): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Chappie:

i mean north university.
Huh. I knw dat d utme cutoff and post utme cut-off marks in d South West does not single/discriminate any tribe in Nigeria to get admission into d tertiary insitution.
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
tpiadotcom:

so are you saying northern universities should give igbos priority over their own people ?

where is that done?

how do we become one
when you all reason like the Bolded sad sad undecided undecided
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
funmijoyb:

Huh. I knw dat there d utme cutoff and post utme cut-off marks in d South West does not single/discriminate any tribe in Nigeria to get admission into d tertiary insitution.

the issue is with the north as a whole.
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 21, 2015
Chappie:

the issue is with the north as a whole.

Excuse me, uncircumcised? The fact that you just said this means you are just and ignorant foool listening to only the rubbish your hate mongering brothers tell you about the north.

Utterly clueless arse bandit.
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 21, 2015
EzioReborn:

Excuse me, uncircumcised? The fact that you just said this means you are just and ignorant foool listening to only the rubbish your hate mongering brothers tell you about the north.

Utterly clueless arse bandit.

if you don't have a better reply don't qoute me.
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 21, 2015
Chappie:

if you don't have a better reply don't qoute me.

I will quote whoever I damn well please you ignorant buffoon.
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
EzioReborn:

I will quote whoever I damn well please you ignorant buffoon.
ignored
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by somegirl1: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
Having an Igbo president would go a long way to make Igbos feel reintegrated. Until then, many will continue to feel marginalized.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
somegirl1:
Having an Igbo president would go a long way to make Igbos feel reintegrated. Until then, many will continue to feel marginalized.

Never gonna happen.
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
That you're igbo does not place you in a position to naturally justify your senile opinion.You see we fight for Biafra not on ethnic grounds......
Biafra is a Black thing, a Black cause(a movement in short), we want to build the greatest independent Black nation ever!
The sun of Biafra will rise, contrary to gowon's prophesy.
#TeamBiafra
Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2015
Chappie:

Maitatisine of the 1984.

Don't mind that buffoon!! The useless Op is not Igbo because, he's fathered by an awusa or yereba man.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Igbo Guy..... But Sick Of This Biafra Thing.. by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2015
tpiadotcom:

so are you saying northern universities should give igbos priority over their own people?

where is that done?
This type of mentality is what irritates me in this contraption of a country. I thought we are in "one Nigeria"?

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) / Urhobo Eschatology: Cult Of The Ancestors / You Shouldn't Have Sympathy For Sodomites Because They Are Pedophiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.